Marc Jacobs Lovemarc Lip Gel Lipstick

4.1

on 4/16/2015 5:44:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I have a sample of Kiss Kiss Bang Bang. While the color is beautiful, I find that it flakes terribly after reapplication. The "slip" of the lipstick doesn't last very long but the stain does. I'm just not terribly impressed.

on 3/28/2015 3:27:00 PM

Great lip stick and received in shade kiss kiss bang bang 216 from Sephora 500 insider points and very like this and the shade too. I will buy full size for sure. This lip stick is soo moisturizing. I have issue with a lot of lipsticks that moisturizing when you first apply and become drying and chap, but not this and last long too. Love it.

on 3/22/2015 9:27:00 PM

I have the new formulation of these in So Sofia, a beautiful pinky red and Georgie Girl, the perfect medium pink. They wear for a couple of hours, have opaque coverage and feel comfortable on the lips, with a soft matte finish.

on 3/3/2015 7:50:00 AM

I bought this in "Have we met?" 108, a pretty pink perfect for spring. I am head over heels with everything about this lipstick: the absolutely amazing color, a demure yet visible cherry blossom pink, the easy application which feels almost like a highly pigmented lip balm, the way my lips are kept moisturized by this without crumbs or dry patches developing, the fact that it`s odorless, the elegant, slick packaging. These were selling like hot cakes at Bangkok Sephora, so when I came back the next day to grab another one, it was sold out and they were waiting to restock. This reminds me of the higher end Japanese lipsticks, yet the color payoff is much better with Lovemarc.

on 1/16/2015 5:11:00 PM

I have this in the shade Moody Margot. It's a perfect beige nude that compliments a smokey eye without being too flat or washed out. Formula isn't necessarily drying but also not moisturizing. Finish is satin like, not too glossy or matte. Wear is about average. I love the packaging, simple but elegant with a magnetic closure. Price is high, but with the average of designer lines. I would repurchase, but I believe these lovemarc lip gel lipsticks are being disconued as they are no longer on Marc Jacobs website and are only available in two shades on the Sephora website. I suspect I will have to find a new nude when this runs out which is a shame. The name alone is worth a repurchase.

on 11/17/2014 2:16:00 AM

I got the color 'Understudy'. Its a light pink with brownish undertone. I topped it with MJ "Shiny" lip gloss and the color just seeped right into my lips & it looked more cracked than shiny! I didnt like it. It didnt last and color sorta fades away. Has no smell. It is an expensive product. i think its more for backstage runway makeup but for that price it didnt do anything extraordinary. I wouldnt re-purchase. I do like the magnetic packaging tube tho'. I would be proud to apply this lipstick in public and flicking this baby around. But thats about all. I`d say buy if you like showing off your designer stuffs but dont expect any high performance from this product.

Skin: Combination, Other, Warm

Hair: Other, Other, Coarse

I bought this in Role Play, and its pretty much the color of my lips (which is what I was looking for). I love how this smells and how easy it is to dab on. I strongly dislike (hate, actually) the packaging. Yea, it's a slick black, but the magnetic closure is a joke. This is NOT a toss-it-in-your-bag-and-expect-it-to-stay-in-one-piece type of lipstick case....it comes off way too easily. For a $30 lipstick, I expect more solid packaging.

I love this lipstick.
I am not a lipstick person. Lip tint or gloss maybe. Lipstick though? Isn't that for old ladies that want to look super unnatural?
Not with this one. I have used up an entire tube of Have We Met and couldn't be happier. It looks perfect and no one could ever tell that I'm wearing lipstick. They would notice if I wiped it off though as I would look a bit like someone put a white wash on my lips.
One of the guys at Sephora helped me pick it out and I couldn't agree with him more. He told me that you should try to stay as close to your actual lip color as possible or you will have all sorts of problems from it clashing with your skin tones to having the pigment look uneven with lip line issues. You might be asking, well if I'm going to stick to my natural lip color, why do I need lipstick in the first place. I used to feel that way. Like any product, it simply depends on the look you are trying to achieve from transformation make up to enhanced natural. I've tried more outrageous colors (I love orange reds but they don't love me) but I always end up taking it off or not wearing it. This is something I can wear every day and I know it will always look like I have nothing on. The best way I can describe it is when you polish jewelry and you reveal that deeper color and shine. That's what this lipstick looks like. It's as though I've just buffed off a layer of white and revealed my real color.
Plus, the packaging is amazing. As everyone else has said, the cover is magnetized to the base so it is secure and never comes off.

on 6/26/2014 1:08:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

This was such a disappointment! I loved the gorgeous red-orange color that I ended up with, but the texture just did not work with my dehydrated lips. With lipliner or primer underneath, it was patchy; without it it feathered and eventually sank into my lip creases in patchy, ugly stripes. Cute, huh? I bought this ls because I figured the gel formula would be nice on my lips, but I was very wrong - in fact, my lips were drier after I removed the uneven slick of color at the end of the day. I'm going back to Ilia for my sheer red fix. It's a shame because I love their lip balm and was hoping for something similarly comfortable.

on 1/15/2014 2:34:00 PM

Simply the best lipstick you can ever own.

First off, the tube in magnetic so you never have to worry about a little Red Sea happening in your train case or purse. Also, the packaging is so sleek and feels luxurious.

I have the shade Roll The Dice, which is a bright raspberry colour that shows up as it is in the tube upon first swipe. What's even better is that it is so hydrating and glides on without tugging or feeling greasy. The finish for RTD is similar to MAC Cremesheen, one of my faves.
The colour stays true for the entire day and night if you do the blot/reapply before you go out. This will withstand drinks, greasy food, and even soap (the swatches on my wrist took forever to properly remove).

Yes, it's about $40 CAD but trust me, it's worth every single penny.

Can't wait to get more! :D

Popular Lipsticks