September 23, 2014 | 2036 users online

Lipstick - Marc Jacobs - Lovemarc Lip Gel Lipstick

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2014 10:57:00 PM More reviews by BeFineFilipina

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I bought this in Role Play, and its pretty much the color of my lips (which is what I was looking for). I love how this smells and how easy it is to dab on. I strongly dislike (hate, actually) the packaging. Yea, it's a slick black, but the magnetic closure is a joke. This is NOT a toss-it-in-your-bag-and-expect-it-to-stay-in-one-piece type of lipstick case....it comes off way too easily. For a $30 lipstick, I expect more solid packaging.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2014 7:33:00 AM More reviews by beautybettyfortruth

I love this lipstick.
I am not a lipstick person. Lip tint or gloss maybe. Lipstick though? Isn't that for old ladies that want to look super unnatural?
Not with this one. I have used up an entire tube of Have We Met and couldn't be happier. It looks perfect and no one could ever tell that I'm wearing lipstick. They would notice if I wiped it off though as I would look a bit like someone put a white wash on my lips.
One of the guys at Sephora helped me pick it out and I couldn't agree with him more. He told me that you should try to stay as close to your actual lip color as possible or you will have all sorts of problems from it clashing with your skin tones to having the pigment look uneven with lip line issues. You might be asking, well if I'm going to stick to my natural lip color, why do I need lipstick in the first place. I used to feel that way. Like any product, it simply depends on the look you are trying to achieve from transformation make up to enhanced natural. I've tried more outrageous colors (I love orange reds but they don't love me) but I always end up taking it off or not wearing it. This is something I can wear every day and I know it will always look like I have nothing on. The best way I can describe it is when you polish jewelry and you reveal that deeper color and shine. That's what this lipstick looks like. It's as though I've just buffed off a layer of white and revealed my real color.
Plus, the packaging is amazing. As everyone else has said, the cover is magnetized to the base so it is secure and never comes off.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2014 1:08:00 PM More reviews by kmichael

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This was such a disappointment! I loved the gorgeous red-orange color that I ended up with, but the texture just did not work with my dehydrated lips. With lipliner or primer underneath, it was patchy; without it it feathered and eventually sank into my lip creases in patchy, ugly stripes. Cute, huh? I bought this ls because I figured the gel formula would be nice on my lips, but I was very wrong - in fact, my lips were drier after I removed the uneven slick of color at the end of the day. I'm going back to Ilia for my sheer red fix. It's a shame because I love their lip balm and was hoping for something similarly comfortable.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2014 2:34:00 PM More reviews by SimpleNSexy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Simply the best lipstick you can ever own.

First off, the tube in magnetic so you never have to worry about a little Red Sea happening in your train case or purse. Also, the packaging is so sleek and feels luxurious.

I have the shade Roll The Dice, which is a bright raspberry colour that shows up as it is in the tube upon first swipe. What's even better is that it is so hydrating and glides on without tugging or feeling greasy. The finish for RTD is similar to MAC Cremesheen, one of my faves.
The colour stays true for the entire day and night if you do the blot/reapply before you go out. This will withstand drinks, greasy food, and even soap (the swatches on my wrist took forever to properly remove).

Yes, it's about $40 CAD but trust me, it's worth every single penny.

Can't wait to get more! :D

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2013 9:59:00 PM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Tried this at Sephora in the colour "Seduce Me" which is described as "berry red" and that is my absolute favourite shade for lipsticks - berry pink to berry red suits my colouring and always makes me feel pretty. This lipstick is gorgeous - the colour itself, the texture, feel and wear of this new "gel" technology. And the case is way cool too - magnetized so it won't come apart in your makeup bag. Sadly, they were sold out of this colour when I was there so I'm waiting for it to be restocked so I can pick it up and wear it for more than just one afternoon!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2013 10:45:00 AM More reviews by felgoj

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I agree 100% w/the review by pinkydinkydo posted below. I bought 'Little Pretty' #130 which is my perfect purple lipstick color & texture that I've been searching to find FOR YEARS. The color looks a bit intense in the tube but it's very wearable (also layerable w/other lip colors for a custom result). I sampled the other colors at a Sephora store & they were all very creamy, smooth & richly pigmented in a flat cream. 'Little Pretty' is more sheer (but buildable), more dry in texture, has some shimmer, & a bit of grittiness which gently 'drags' across the lip that reminds me so much of my beloved old 1997 Chanel HydraSoleil Sheer Lipstick 'Midnight' (maroon red) which I adored. The grit/dry-ish texture isn't uncomfortable on the lips (weightless, smooth & soft, actually) but allows me to control the amount of color application. Sounds strange, hope that makes some sense. Color hugs my lips effectively without disappearing too fast & doesn't dry out my lips. I like the easy snap of the cap on the tube. Yes, an expensive lipstick, but I like it. It's 1 of the many varieties of lipstick I've bought but only 1 of the few that I'm likely to actually wear consistently.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2013 10:16:00 AM More reviews by pinkydinkydo

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Expensive but worth it. Has a gel-like consistency, can go on sheer or thicker, lasts a long time....but if you eat, def needs to be reapplied. This is among the top performers in the luxury brands I have tried (Chanel, Armani, etc.)

rated 2 of 5 on 9/7/2013 11:26:00 AM More reviews by Monday1

Review for this lipstick on Sephora are more mixed, and unfortunately I was very disappointed. Like many others, I found that there wasn't nearly enough pigment to make this worth the price, and from there it faded instantly. It's not supposed to be a "sheer" look, and even as a sheer look it doesn't work.

I love oranges so I got All The Way. When it was fresh on it looked a lot like Shiseido Day Lily, which is a great shimmering orange, but again it was so thin and quick-fading that Day Lily is better hands down. I will be returning this and won't try another color.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2013 4:18:00 PM More reviews by mellypmakeup

The quality of this lipstick is amazing. it's super creamy, smells nice and has great pigmentation. I will definitley be buying more!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/15/2013 1:32:00 PM More reviews by smmalloy

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Only reason I didn't give it five lippies is the price -- $30 is a lot. On the other hand, the packaging makes this clearly a luxury brand. It's about the nicest case I've ever owned. Heavy, pleasing to hold, and the magnetic closure works well and looks elegant (there is a little button on one side that the other half fits right under.) The color I bought, Role Play, is a YLBB color that's a little pale on me but layers well with brighter hues. The texture is really nice and smooth, moisturizing without being greasy, and it's very comfortable to wear. I'm definltely going to check out other colors!
UPDATE: I had to take this back - the bullet fell out! I wasn't brave enough to try another, so am downgrading. A lot.