Marc Jacobs Lovemarc Lip Gel Lipstick

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I got this in the Sephora birthday box along with the Marc Jacobs eyeliner. The lipstick packaging is beautiful and clicks nicely in place. Then I swipe it on my lips and it feels so nice and moisturizing. Well pigmented colour. About an hour later, my lips start drying out - the colour is still there but feels like I've been outside in winter cold weather. In addition, my lips look more wrinkly. This occurs even when applying a lipstick primer. I need lip balm to moisturize now, which I normally don't need to with other lipsticks. Very disappointing in a high end designer makeup. I'm glad I didn't purchase the full size version.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

So this is supposed to be a luxury brand right this is the most I've ever paid for a lipstick (I have 6 Chanel Glossimers those are the most expensive lipglosses I own!), my packaging looks different it looks the exact same as the pic except the packaging is a diff color (light brown), the black is prettier! But the magnetic case is a stroke of genius coz won't worry about coming off in my bag. I have Moody Margot & Roleplay both nudes. The feel (formula) of this lipstick feels amazing on. My usual HE fare consists of MAC but that's half the price! I won't lie, price is a big consideration of mine. I had 20% off Sephora VIB rouge so I paid $50 for 2 lipsticks not $30 ea. They feel like luxury on ur lips & the colors are so classy never trashy (1's I got). If u want a bit of luxury in ur life order one of these! The gel is amazing it feels so light. These are better than EL ($27), I've never beheld such a nice lipstick in my life! Very impressed into my 1st foray into MJ cosmetics. The lasting time on these is awesome & make ur lips feel smooth/hydrated not chapped. Moody Margot is a pale sand shimmer nude & Roleplay is a satiny dusty dole perf MLBB. I got the color rec'd from the MUA Makeup Board (tyvm!!).

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

"Georgie Girl." Strawberry smoothie color with cool undertone. Not too blue and very pigmented. But it may wash you out unless you are really fair, and also too matte.

I loved the colour I had (Goddess) but I didn't like the way it wore. For me, it wore off much too quickly and constantly looked unevenly applied. My biggest problem however was that it dried out my lips. It looked lovely on but was very uncomfortable wear for me. Application was easy though I found the tip too rounded as I don't use a brush to apply. The magnetic packaging was nice though, no worries the cap would slip off in my bag

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I have a sample of Kiss Kiss Bang Bang. While the color is beautiful, I find that it flakes terribly after reapplication. The "slip" of the lipstick doesn't last very long but the stain does. I'm just not terribly impressed.

Great lip stick and received in shade kiss kiss bang bang 216 from Sephora 500 insider points and very like this and the shade too. I will buy full size for sure. This lip stick is soo moisturizing. I have issue with a lot of lipsticks that moisturizing when you first apply and become drying and chap, but not this and last long too. Love it.

I have the new formulation of these in So Sofia, a beautiful pinky red and Georgie Girl, the perfect medium pink. They wear for a couple of hours, have opaque coverage and feel comfortable on the lips, with a soft matte finish.

I bought this in "Have we met?" 108, a pretty pink perfect for spring. I am head over heels with everything about this lipstick: the absolutely amazing color, a demure yet visible cherry blossom pink, the easy application which feels almost like a highly pigmented lip balm, the way my lips are kept moisturized by this without crumbs or dry patches developing, the fact that it`s odorless, the elegant, slick packaging. These were selling like hot cakes at Bangkok Sephora, so when I came back the next day to grab another one, it was sold out and they were waiting to restock. This reminds me of the higher end Japanese lipsticks, yet the color payoff is much better with Lovemarc.

I have this in the shade Moody Margot. It's a perfect beige nude that compliments a smokey eye without being too flat or washed out. Formula isn't necessarily drying but also not moisturizing. Finish is satin like, not too glossy or matte. Wear is about average. I love the packaging, simple but elegant with a magnetic closure. Price is high, but with the average of designer lines. I would repurchase, but I believe these lovemarc lip gel lipsticks are being disconued as they are no longer on Marc Jacobs website and are only available in two shades on the Sephora website. I suspect I will have to find a new nude when this runs out which is a shame. The name alone is worth a repurchase.

I got the color 'Understudy'. Its a light pink with brownish undertone. I topped it with MJ "Shiny" lip gloss and the color just seeped right into my lips & it looked more cracked than shiny! I didnt like it. It didnt last and color sorta fades away. Has no smell. It is an expensive product. i think its more for backstage runway makeup but for that price it didnt do anything extraordinary. I wouldnt re-purchase. I do like the magnetic packaging tube tho'. I would be proud to apply this lipstick in public and flicking this baby around. But thats about all. I`d say buy if you like showing off your designer stuffs but dont expect any high performance from this product.

Recommended for Medium Skin