September 20, 2014 | 1897 users online

Powder - Laura Mercier - Smooth Finish Foundation Powder

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2014 1:52:00 PM More reviews by harls321

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I like this much better than LM mineral foundation. The finish is semi-matte and looks so natural. Coverage is buildable from light to medium. I like to use this as a finishing powder over my tinted moisturizer or just by itself as a foundation. I love the packaging which keeps the sponge separate which makes it great for touch ups on the go. I wear LM oil free TM in Sand and use shade #7 Bamboo.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2014 9:10:00 AM More reviews by KathleenS

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is an OK powder on top of makeup but by itself it hasn't worked for me. I found that the color got a little orange as I wore it and did not control my oily shine at all when worn on its own. I have used it over foundations and found that it is a good powder but not work the extra cost when good powders can be gotten for much less money. I will use up what I have but probably not repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/18/2014 4:09:00 PM More reviews by StupidUserNames

This powder is ok nothing special. If you use this as your main foundation it's terrible no coverage at all and gets oily fast. So I started using it on top of bb/cc creams and my liquid foundation for extra coverage and the stuff looks off like a ashy powdery gray cast but if I spray setting spray on it it looks amazing I've been using it for a month now and I already hit pan so you don't get your money's worth either booo.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2014 9:11:00 AM More reviews by shbea

Wow, truly beautiful finish, light and smooth - light enough to apply on eyelids & set undereye concealer, expensive for what you get, but so perfecting & light& lasting, I will Definitely repurchase!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/10/2014 4:39:00 AM More reviews by shabbboooo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Laura mercier wth have u dun. Wat was wrong with the old one dat u bought in this shambles of a new one...... It makes my skin luk plastic. .... The product sits on top of my face... neither mattes it nor makes it glow.... just makes me luk wierd.... defo gana take dis bak n never purchase again....... disappointed is not the word..... plus the old one didn't have a huge amount in neway however this one is crap and luks like a tiny amount and for the price u pay for it.... no no no. Did not work on me at all I luked like a plastic freak with this product on.... It does not sit naturally at all.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/1/2014 4:21:00 PM More reviews by tiny101

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have oily, acne-prone skin with eczema and rosacea, so I'm always on the lookout for the next best thing when it comes to foundation. I opted for this, because I feel like powder foundations are easier to work with and generally do not cause as much irritation. Also, I wanted something lighter than my Estee Lauder Double Wear and Dior Forever Flawless, because my skin is clearing up a little and it's getting too warm outside for such heavy foundations. This product works fairly well to meet my needs :D!

[ PROS ]
- Has many shades to choose from and caters to different undertones (I have heavy yellow undertones)
- Does not disintegrate/slide off even in hot/humid weather (blotting is necessary every 3-4 hours or so though)
- Coverage can be very light if used dry, but medium to full coverage can be achieved when used wet *** read below for more details
- Does not look cakey even after 2-3 layers!!
- Powder goes on ridiculously smooth
- Does not oxidize at all
- Does not cause any irritation on my very sensitive skin
- Packaging feels sturdy

[ CONS ]
- Can be very matte (do not buff into the skin if you have dry patches, as this will definitely accentuate any dryness!)
- Pricey
- Will begin to disintegrate and accentuate fine lines after ~8 hours despite blotting/powdering

*** I do not use the sponge that it comes with, because I always achieve a better look with a brush. In order to use this foundation wet, I'll dab it in the compact and get a good amount of powder onto the brush, then spritz it with either Fix+ or Avene Thermal Water. Sometimes, I find that I will look too matte after everything is set though, so I will top off the look with a good spray of Fix+ as well.

For anyone looking to try a good powder foundation, I would highly recommend trying this!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2014 3:35:00 AM More reviews by moreyuna

pros:
- doesn oxidize
- no bumps
- very matte for oily girls
- tocopherol free (i cant used any makeup product contains tocopherol/vitamin E; because that will give me any bumps)
- blotting? yeah, i have to blot once a day with a very minimum amount of oiliness.

cons:
- expensive

NOTE: based on my experience, you have to apply a VERY GOOD toner and primer first, otherwise this fdt powder will gives you an SUPER OILY LOOK.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/17/2014 12:16:00 AM More reviews by suncypress

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This stuff is VERY nice. I lucked into a perfect color match--the SA at Sephora and I did a little testing on my hand/wrist and I walked out with what seemed right, with the understanding that I could return it. Then when I started to put it on my initial reaction was "Oh no, this is way too dark!"--except that it really wasn't. Once I'd applied all over my face, my skin was flawless and I couldn't perceive any demarcation between face and neck. I later asked my husband what he thought of my makeup and he said "you're wearing makeup?" which is definitely the response I want. I can't yet speak to longevity, but it applies smoothly, looks incredibly natural, does not cake, oxidize, or look mask-y. I purchased because I wanted a compact foundation that was easier to travel with than my Smashbox liquid Halo, and this definitely fits the bill--it might replace my liquid Halo in the summer months (though with the LM radiance bronze primer underneath, it does give my face a nice subtle warmth, which I sorely need in the winter). So maybe it will become a new HG foundation for me, or I will just alternate between this and the liquid Halo, depending on mood--they both work extremely well for my skin tone and give me a "my skin but better" look. I took off one lippie because it is VERY expensive, though I don't find that I need to use a lot. We'll see how long the pan lasts with semi-frequent use.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/5/2014 11:24:00 AM More reviews by azaleadeez

Laura Mercier why did you discontinue the original foundation powder?! This version is nothing compared to the old one. This powder doesn't give as much coverage, smells a little funky and doesn't control oil as well. The SPF factor is a bit of a subjective matter as I'm sensitive to sunscreen.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/4/2014 2:04:00 PM More reviews by Hoyman

I went in and match this with shade 6 and I like it so much. I used it on top of my Laura Mercier oil free tinted moisturizer. It give me very natural flawless coverage. Love it. Update; 05/27/2014, I low down the rating to 4 due to that this powder does oxidize on my skin and it doesn't control oil that well in summer months. I still think that Chanel powder foundation control oil a little better than this powder, but LM powder gives more coverage than Chanel powder. I still like Shiseido Sheer matifying compact powder foundation and Dior Diorskin Forever compact more.