April 16, 2014 | 1854 users online

Polishes - Creative Nail Design - Vinylux - Impossibly Plush

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/25/2013 2:48:00 PM More reviews by spinnaker

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I am going to write this as a journal - to give an idea of whether 7 days is attainable or hooey.

It's Christmas day; Santa put Impossibly Plush and Lavishly Loved, plus the 7 day topcoat in my stocking. After consulting the elves, they were $11.95 Cdn each with free shipping. In Canada this compares to $4 for Revlon and $10 for Essie. So fairly top end for my neck of the woods.
I just finished painting on Impossibly Plush with topcoat. The colour is a soft greige with silver micro shimmer. Colour in the bottle was fairly true, and two coats is opaque. All went on as normal nail polish, the top coat was maybe a smidge thicker than normal. Drying time was about 10 minutes. For the polish alone, the finish was satin. With the topcoat, it was a normal, high gloss shine.

Day 3: no chips, finish still shiny. Activites in the last few days include regular cooking/cleaning/childcare but also making marmalade (peeling grapefruit), snowshoeing and yoga.

Day 4: definite tip wear but no chips. This may be more noticable on a darker colour, but on a neutral it's only noticable by me. Finish shiny. Thought for sure I would chip picking my son's Lego pieces apart but shockingly, nope.
Day 6: Definite wear. Each nail has a thin white line at the very top. The line is uneven, making me notice very small chips. Now, from a distance, it probably still looks okay, but close up, I need a touch up. The finish is still shiny, and if it was any other day, I would let it slide another day, maybe two. It is New Years Eve, so I have to fix this. My constitution will not let me move into the New Year with chipped nails. My mum was on the same experiment, and her nails show major chipping which started on Day 5.

Bottom line: the colour is lovely, the finish stayed shiny, and five days of good wear is longer than I get out of most polishes. For me, the real question is, does this justify almost $12 and having to order online. I'm going to stay with 3 lippies and keep trying out my 2 shades. Not ordering more at this point. Next week: head to head, Vinylux Lavishly Loved vs Essie's Sugar Daddy in a chip off.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/31/2013 10:25:00 PM More reviews by Cath12

Couldn't disagree more with the reviewer below. Mine chips after 24 hours...totally a waste of money. I've tried several shades and they all chip pretty fast... So disappointed.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2013 3:39:00 PM More reviews by evapop

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I wrote a huge, long entry about Vinylux overall. In my opinion, its a huge game changer, as - at least on me - it does last the full 7 days without the possible damage of Shellac. My fellow reviewers all seemed to agree. This post is for the color Impossibly Plush specifically. Its an amazing color for fall - a cool toned greige. In the bottle is looks whatevs, but on its truly lovely.

PROS:
- Great color for fall - on trend but completely work appropriate
- Universal color - this could work on fair, medium, olive or darker lovelies -- different effects, but equally beautiful
- Good basic which can be layered with other colors (i.e. a shimmer, black tips, etc)
- Creamy application - two coats to opaque
- Long lasting - so far the formula is holding and I love it!
CONS:
- Not quite the shine of a gel, almost like a satin finish - even with the topcoat
- Doesn't do much to help with any ridges or nail imperfections - you really need to have healthy nails and buff any ridges beforehand

A definite must in my opinion for fall!

Vinylux Posts: http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=163111/Vinylux-Weekly-Polish/Creative-Nail-Design/Nails