September 20, 2014 | 1478 users online

Lipstick - Urban Decay - Revolution Lipstick - Anarchy

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2014 2:04:00 PM More reviews by MindSpells

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Color is a bright hot pink on my skin tone.
Formulation is excellent. Moisturizing, creamy, smooth. Is a matte, but not super matte.
I have super super super dry lips and this did not make my lips flake up or anything of the sort... it actually did the opposite and made my lips moisturized. Impressed.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2014 11:42:00 AM More reviews by alina08

I had this lipstick sitting in my collection for months before I finally decided to try it out. I got it in a sample box and was absolutely horrified at the color of it- bright neon pink. I have a warm complexion with red hair, so getting it to match my skin tone would be nearly impossible. After mulling it over, I finally decided to go for it and I am glad that I did. The formula of this lipstick is extremely pigmented, stays put, and does not require constant application. This product stayed on my lips for hours at a time with no touch ups. When I first applied it, I did tone down the pigmentation a bit by mixing Nuxe Lip Balm over the lipstick, which gave it a less painted-on look and more of a subdued one (if that is even possible). This lipstick will bleed if lip liner is not applied, so beware. I learned that one the hard way but managed to clean up by applying more Nuxe Lip Balm and blurring the edges up a bit. The formula is very creamy and does not dry the lips. That being said, it does bleed and will settle into lip lines if not touched up during the day. All in all, I think that this product has phenomenal coverage and staying power, and would give it four out of five stars. The color itself is awesome once you get used to the idea of toning down all other makeup for the day. I would repurchase this color and others.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/29/2014 7:10:00 PM More reviews by KVanderhoef

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this lipstick so much! The color is gorgeous! It is funny that they don't advertise this as a long lasting lipstick but it lasts quite a while. Currently I've had it on for 7 hours and still looks pretty good. And I've been eating and drinking. After 3 or so hours the actual lipstick goes away and leaves behind a stain, which works for me. The lipstick feels really good while on. Would definitely buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2013 7:19:00 PM More reviews by MakeupKidd09

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

If your're searching for the PERFECT bright pink fuchsia lip color then look no further than Urban Decay's - Anarchy. Its the perfect lipstick with great lasting power and pigmentation. And trust me, this color paired with jilted lipliner from Urban Decay will have all eyes on you.

Though, wearer warning this color is only for the daring and those who won't mind the stain that it leaves on your lips for the next 3 days after you've worn it. But seriously, take the plunge and add this color to your collection.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2013 11:44:00 PM More reviews by hoatzin1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love this color! It's a hot fuschia color with blue undertones. This looks great on my NC30 skin. This is a difficult color to pull off during the day so I usually wear it when I go out at night. Great pigmentation, and it goes on smoothly. It's hydrating but has enough of a grip that you don't feel like it would slip right off your lip when you are drinking or eating. I'd say it lasts about 3-4 hours on me (with eating and drinking) and it leaves a light stain on your lips. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone with a fair to light skin tone because it would probably be too bright.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/4/2013 5:50:00 PM More reviews by katgolightly

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I actually really like this lipstick. Coverage is good. Formula is good. Color is smoking hot! But... it's just a hard shade to wear. I really love it and will wear it, but it's definitely not a wear-to-the-office kind of shade. I received a sample in a subscription box which I'm thrilled with because the reduced wearability and the fact it's pretty trendy means I could not justify purchasing this normally.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/2/2013 2:45:00 PM More reviews by kelley808

Ok, once again I am jumping the gun by writing this review. I placed my Cyber Monday order on UD's website this morning and this color is the sample I will be receiving. I am pretty sure the formula will be great, since almost all of UD's products are amazing. I just hope I like the color. Second, like the majority of people, I was unable to get my hands on the Black Friday lipstick set from UD (sooo bummed), but the customer service representative I spoke with today was so great. She understood my disappointment at not being able to order the lipsticks (I had it in my cart, but it sold out before I checked out-boo!!!) but she did offer to send me an additional sample of the lipstick in a different color, either with my order, or separately. (I think she said it would probably be shade "69".) Thank you, UD! I will update this review once I receive my order and samples!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2013 9:10:00 AM More reviews by pulcherrima

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Another one whom got it in her ipsy bag. I wasn't thrilled at first when I saw it, because I don't wear lipstick that frequently (although, I've been trying to), and when I do, I go for the brown-nudes or deep wines. Definitely not the *bright* Barbie hot-pink that I was presented with. But, I've actually worn it a lot more often than I thought I would. As long as you coordinate it well with what you're wearing and what you wear on your eyes (I've been matching it with a smoked-out winged liner, no shadow), then it's not too overpowering and cartoonish.

The texture and formula is the best I've ever come across: it's creamy and smooth and glides on your lips like a dream. When it does go on, it's not gloopy or thick, and it goes on opaque in *one* pass (so, that is, even the deluxe sample I got in my ipsy bag is going to last me a very long while). And it's not so soft that you can't use any pressure when holding it against your lips or else it'll smoosh the bullet. I find it gives a not-quite-matte but not-quite-glossy finish. Somewhere in between.

You definitely don't need to finagle it to make it last. Its staying power is amazing on its own. However, I'm a bit meticulous, so usually my routine is this: lip liner (something by Nyx), first layer of lipstick, blot, hold one ply of tissue over lips and set w/ powder, repeat and set w/o tissue and w/ this one shimmery gold pigment by Jane because it looks cool. I host trivia, so I talk into the microphone a lot for a period of two hours (and will 100% of the time at least smudge my lipstick against the mic), but even so, when I come home, it looks like I *just* applied it.

I find that it will feather if I don't use a lip liner and *do* wear a gloss that's thinner//more watery than thick.

Easy to remove, though it will stain your lips. I don't mind, actually, because it's not too bad and will wear away after a while, and the stain itself is pretty.

Love the gunmetal packaging. Sleek. Way better than their old packaging, which wasn't practical at all.

A bit pricey in the full size, but I'd say it's worth it for the formula and lasting power, especially if you wear lipstick every day and would get a color that is more of an every-day, for-the-office color.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2013 4:16:00 PM More reviews by snowshoe73

Anarchy is a BRIGHT blue-toned fuchsia color. It feels great on the lips, lasts a very long time, and fades out leaving a stain behind. Be warned though: even one coat will give you full-on opaque pink lips that, depending on your skin tone, can look cartoonish. If the color looks like too much on you, blot it a few times to soften it. Though even after doing that, my son called the color "creepy" looking on me.

I wouldn't buy this particular shade as it doesn't suit me--it only crossed my path because it was an Ipsy sample. But the quality of the lipstick itself does make me want to try some of the other Revolution lipsticks.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/23/2013 11:41:00 PM More reviews by omgVitasoy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I got this lipstick as a sample in an Ipsy glam bag (like many other people), and I was already excited to use it. Super smooth application, and the amount of pigmentation in the sample is amazing; a (really) bold and bright fuchsia pink which I, to be honest, am still figuring out how to pull off in daytime looks. It says there are lip-plumping ingredients, but I don't notice them very much. I'd like to try out other shades of this product :)