L.A. Colors Grafix eyeliner in Purple

2.4

Price: $

Price: $

I only review this under "purple" because I just could not find the "black" option. I apologize.

Now, my black eyeliner is a staple of my face. I don't do it to cater to the new winged eyeliner craze. I've been doing raccoon eyes since I discovered Bill Kaulitz many years ago. With that being said, I have cycled through many different black-as-night eyeliners of varying formulas, prices, ages, and brands over many years. The majority of the time, I just did not stick with what I have bought and ended up buying something new. After all, chemical engineering isn't exactly the easiest profession.

The L.A. Colors Grafix Liquid Liner reigns over every single liner I have ever owned. It reigns with a small fee of $2.99 at my local, run-down Family Dollar; You know, the one with the grandious amounts of expired potato chips and security guards sleeping in the back. THAT Family Dollar. I found it, crowned in Aisle 2, in the "beauty corner."

I picked it up not knowing what to expect. It's cheap, I thought. Might as well try it. With that, I applied it onto my eyelids hours not knowing what to expect.

The packaging is sleek and thin. The only possible turn-off for others is the felt tip combined with the liquid, which is contained in the tip/tub. I have found that the applicator is rather precise depending on the amount of product going to be used on a swipe.

The formula is that of a sleek liquid that glides smoothly over the skin, with a reasonably fast dry time of approximately 45 seconds. After it dries, it sticks. And it will continue to stick until you decide to scrub it off your face. The ink scent typical of many liquid liners is not potent in this one. To make up for the lack of Sharpie-Stink, the liner kicks other liners' asses into space for the sheer pigmentation of the "blackest black" shade. This liner is truly black. It will not lie to you as many other liners have.

As for long weartime... If we fast forward through 24 hours of hard work, laughing, crying, sweating, and whatever other unnamed bizarre activities I find myself partaking in, I always come out with the same slick black lines dressing my (hooded) eyelids. It is actually amazing. I've had crazy fallouts with different liners costing me a magnificent price of $20+.

If you are a liner-crazed person as I am, perhaps you should invest in one of these Grafix guys. I have since tried the teal, brown, and grey colors, and they all have been loyal to me (though the other colors are admittedly more metallic and I typically stray away from metallics) in terms of formula, pigmentation, etc.

This is a fantastic product and easily a staple of my vast eyeliner collection. I highly recommend this liquid eyeliner for people who 1) prefer the liquid formula on their eyelids and 2) have had trouble finding a product that will pack pigmentation and staying power into one supernova of a liner.

Altogether, solid 10 out of 10. I own about nine or ten of these right now, and yes, I do plan on using them. ;-)

Kaspersky

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I didn't know what I was expecting when I got this liner. I figured that it was a cheap purple liquid liner so I might as well try it out. The formula is really watery, the applicator is inconvenient, and the color is there, but needs to be layered on if you want opacity. Not to mention the excruciating pain it caused when it dripped into my eye. If the liner is watery enough to do that, it's not worth it. Steer clear of this one unless you have a lot of patience with watery liner.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

I got this liner in black brown, and I truly enjoy it for the price. I swatched my hand and it showed very well. It blends with my skin tone though, so it's not highly obvious. (which is what I bought it for! Natural liner!) The applicator tip is a bit odd, but I like it's stiffness.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

***i kno this review is for the Black, but I didn't see it listed, so here I am! The purple must have real issues coz I've been playing w the Black today & it seems really good! It's very moist (not dried all out like some liners! B4 u even opened it up 4 1st time! I hate when that happens), but this isn't waterproof (or doesn't say on the package waterproof), so hence 4/5 lippies although I've had it on for awhile & I have sensitive alternating between watery & Sahara desert eyes & no irritation or running (yet!). I got this at Kmart. I hadn't seen it there b4 & I nabbed the last Black. They had mostly charcoal & brown left. I wish they had this in teal! The tip is a felt tipped applicator (not a pen) that screws apart & you can dip the applicator back into the ink well once you have used some of the product if u want to go over ur makeup a 2nd time pass. It caps tightly. This is the neatest for making feline flick cat eyes. And LA Colors is a cruelty free brand. I like that part best! So between that, the price, & how inky darkly pigmented this eyeliner is, are its pros & cons are that its not widely available yet (I think I need a back up. & 1 for my purse!), & that it doesn't claim to be waterproof are the negative things. Very pigmented, thick, & dries matte. But it takes a little longer than some liquid eyeliners to dry...you can make very thin or very thick lines depending on your heart's desire. This is a really nice eyeliner. Another good DS product! A gem really! I was so pleasantly surprised after 48 hours of xmas shopping hassle to uncap this sucker & be pleasantly shocked at how good this was. I don't kno what's wrong the deal w the purple ones but get the Black! Another win for LA Colors!!

Edit 10/28/15: I have this in brown too & it is awesome. So waterproof, this is just an all around gr8 liner. I've gotten into brown eyeliner & this is 1 of my faves. And I can also use it for brows!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

This was awful...seriously! I was really surprised at this ...I love so many things from l.a colors the quality of their products just keeps improving... BUT THIS? This was watery and their was no color . Ugh disappointing I was excited to get this and it was a let down in every way!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Oh, how I wish I had looked up this liner before buying. I know, it's only a dollar and some change, but I'd rather wasted my money on something else! I can only ditto what the review above has said: watery, icky, no color. I got this to try to practice using liquid liner, but it's not even worth messing with. DO NOT BUY!!! Buy a candy bar instead! :)

God aweful liquid eyeliner!!!! The applicator is all wrong and is difficult to explain. Its not a brush or a felt tip. Extremely watery eyeliner and bleeds and takes forever to dry and after all of that, the color is too sheer and barely shows. You definitely do not get a nice, solid line of purple, All you get is a sloppy mess! DO NOT BUY!! ICK! YUCK! NO! I can recommend either Wet n Wild or Hard Candy for a good purple liquid liner.