Almay Get Up and Grow Waterproof

3.2

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

This is a good, basic daily-wear mascara for people with thick lashes and sensitive eyes. It has a good black-brown shade and is waterproof like it says without being irritating or flaky. I wouldn't use it for special events perse because it doesn't do that "special effects" big curl that some mascaras do, but it like it for daily wear!

on 4/9/2015 10:11:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This mascara did not hold a curl well for me. It clumped easily too.

on 3/29/2015 9:55:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

I heard some good things about this mascara and I wanted to try a waterproof mascara for winter time because my eyes water the minute I go outside so my mascara starts running... so sad!

Smell: It smells like regular mascara, but a bit stronger than the other mascara I own. It smells similar to Bare Escentual's Buxom mascara. It's not bothersome at all.

Feel: I liked the way it feels on my lashes - it's kind of soft and gentle to the touch. You know how your lashes can get crunchy from some mascara? This one didn't do that.

Problems: All in all, it's alright. It did a semi-respectable job of holding the curl in my VERY STRAIGHT lashes buttttt they fell down AND made me look like a raccoon within a few hours!!! I was pretty annoyed because none of the other non-waterproof mascaras I own did that... and the one I tried for waterproof is the only one that flaked. I was irritated. I do have oily eyelids and I did apply more than one coat, so that could very well have been the problem. But I saw someone else mention it flaked and they have oily eyelids so maybe it just doesn't work well with oily eyelids? It's decent but you can probably find something better and at the same price or less.

on 2/11/2015 12:00:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Other, Medium

Not waterproof on oily skin, it migrated under my eyes after 3-4 hours of wear and gave me raccoon eyes. Formula way dry but I found it had lots of small bits/clumps of mascara that stuck to my lashes that I had to comb out.

on 1/8/2014 12:58:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Love it! Waterproof - or at least sweatproof; it smudges in the shower - and doesn't clump! The brush is fantastic for such a price. The only complaint is that it doesn't do what is advertised, which is grow your lashes, but hardly any product would be able to achieve such a miracle, and my hopes were pretty low anyways. Overall, would definitely buy again!

on 9/25/2013 12:17:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I love this stuff! I seem to love all the mascara's that everybody else hates and I hate what everybody else seems to love (Lash Blast...I'm lookin' straight at ya). I guess I march to a different drummer...when they said "sit down", I stood up!

Emilynoel83 raved about this so I picked it up on sale. This stuff is fab, it does not clump and it never smears or flakes. I layer this with Cover Girl Flame Out for a super long, lush, false lash effect.

on 9/14/2013 8:23:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

This mascara is an interesting one. It's not waterproof, it's not the best mascara out there, but it'll do. It can be very difficult with this one to get anything other than color. If you have long, full lashes and are just looking for a color, pick it. Otherwise, it's expensive, not waterproof, and a bit weird. It is a good mascara for people who work in office settings or something like that. Not the best mascara for glasses wearers, though.

on 8/14/2013 2:39:00 PM

I am very suprised with the other review... I love this mascara!
The brush is big, it adds a great amount of volume and it doesn't smudge... maybe some people use to much coats on their lashes... for my part, one coat it fine! And it gives a natural looking because the lashes are flexible and not spiky or clumpy.

I also like the smell of it: refreshing. Maybe a bit annoying at first (because it kind of reminds you that you're wearing makeup) but it goes away after a while.

I found the blackened brown still a bit to dark for me, but I bought this mascara again because I reeeeally like the fact that you can take off the majority of the product under the shower with soap (i use Dove), because usually, waterproof mascara are too hard to take off, but regular mascara smudge under my eyes..

Really recommand it ! Plus, it's not tested on animals !

on 8/13/2013 7:45:00 PM

I haven't tried the regular Get Up and Grow, so I can't comment on how that performs, I've only tried the waterproof formula. I have never had any other mascara smudge and flake under my eyes as much as this does. Within an hour of application I have it all under my eyes, which if I wipe away will smudge and leave streaks. The only reason why I gave it 2 lippies is it does make my lashes look nice right after application. Dark, not clumpy, nice looking lashes......for half an hour. I waited a few weeks to see if it were to dry up some would that help. Nope. Too bad I don't have a receipt anymore to return it.

Top Rated Almay Products