September 23, 2014 | 1865 users online

Foundations - Yves Saint Laurent - Touche Eclat

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2014 8:27:00 PM More reviews by swtxos

I have a love hate relationship with this foundation. I purchased it last autumn and have been using it on and off for almost a year, the bottle is almost empty now so i don't feel like I have wasted money because I have certainly got my use out of it. Here is what I love about it: (a) It blends beautifully into the skin and mimics the look of skin while providing medium coverage. So far, only Chanel Vitalumiere and YSL Teint Touche Éclat have been able to achieve that for me. (b) the colour match is spot on, BD50 is the best colour match for me in the summer when I'm tanned, there is no orangeyness that most other foundations lean towards when they make foundations for medium-tan skin. (c) As the name would suggest it provides a very natural radiant healthy skin look, which is nothing short of what I expect a high end foundation would do. Now for the gripe: The only flaw and the one that tips the glass for me in terms of whether I would repurchase this foundation is that it makes me look sooooo oily after only a couple of hours of wear! Amazingly, it never breaks apart or looks cakey on my face, in fact aside from the oiliness, my skin looks super good at the end of the day. I just can't stand an oily face and I hate powdering so I never set it with powder. This is one of those foundations I feel was made to be worn without powder so that the skin's luminosity prevails, and for photo shoots, but not for an 8 day wear. I found that mixing it with a mattifying foundation solves this problem, but for a $65 I shouldn't have to, it should be perfect. Like I said, I love it but hate it, so I won't repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/8/2014 11:35:00 AM More reviews by Alison1986

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am into the third day of wearing this foundation which for the price is giving pretty average results. At first when the make up artist applied this foundation I loved it instantly which resulted in a hasty buy however after using this for a few days I have found it to look quite oily after a few hours wear. I have been out for 5 hours today and returned home to see it looking oily therefore I have had to powder my face. Coverage is average. I am going to use this foundation with a powder as it is expensive to waste but the powder will result in the light reflecting abilities to be reduced, however I would rather look more matte than oily. Normally I have very dry and sensitive skin with redness. I wish I had not bought this foundation, it's pretty average for the price

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2013 6:35:00 AM More reviews by equinn

I have this foundation for a few months now and really love it. It has light coverage but you can build up the coverage to medium very easily. It feels very nice on the skin, not too heavy, it doesn't cake or cling to dry patches. I wouldn't say it gives a glow. but gives the skins a nice healthy fresh look, which I love as I have combination/dull skin. I usually apply with my hands which the sales assistant recommended. It lasts well, I usually wear a primer, concealer and a light dusting of loose powder through the tzone. I wear the shade B40 and there is a large shade range available. I find it much better in terms of texture/coverage than other foundations I have tried which include MAC Studio Sculpt, MAC Mineralize, and Estee Lauder Double Wear.