October 20, 2014 | 1907 users online

Gels/Soaps - L'Occitane - 5% Shea Butter Ultra Rich Shower Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2013 6:56:00 PM More reviews by happyathome

Mmm, my very first shower product by L'Occitane, I awarded it a permanent spot beside my bath. All others tucked in the cupboard for when I call upon you, please. I was so impressed with the scent of this I bought the bubble bath to match... then the shampoo... and the conditioner. It's one of the milder ones, on the powdery side, a touch flowery, and fresh sort of warmth. You can just imagine you are a big baby taking a bath, meaning as spoiled and as soft as one when you come out. I noticed that I could get away with using less lotion after my bath after using this. Absolute staple that no drugstore could match.
Any L'Occitane products containing shea I highly condone. It is all done fair trade, sustainable futures for the women of Burkina Faso. I urge you to read the stories.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2013 2:43:00 AM More reviews by TurtleMoon

I have mixed feelings about this product - on the one hand it's nicely moisturising and doesn't dry my skin out, which is what you'd expect from a shower cream containing 5% shea butter. But then there's the other hand on which there a quite a few down points for me...

Firstly the scent of this isn't pleasant - it's like warmed up plastic and smells very synthetic. Secondly, the bottle the 500ml comes in is down right irritating. It's a pump action bottle, but on the one I had the pump was so stiff I found it really hard to get any product out and ended up having to pick it up, rest it on my knee and then pump some out onto my shower scrunchy. I'm guessing the actual idea of this is to leave it on the side of the bath and just pump some out as and when you need it. However, the other issue I found with the pump is that the nozzle is too low down anyway making it really close to the body of the bottle, so whenever you pump some out you inevitably lose some of it because it ends up being smeared all over the side of the bottle.

For me L'Occitane need to redesign the bottle of this and improve the scent before I would consider repurchasing. It's expensive too - 250ml costs 13.00GBP and for the little it did to my skin, I don't think it's worth it.