Michael Kors Glam Jasmine

3.4

on 2/20/2015 9:49:00 PM

I am giving this a very low rating mainly due to its price. On my skin this is a jasmine/tuberose combination lightened up with the blackcurrent and given a bit of staying power with the sandalwood. Sillage is low to moderate, staying power is pretty good (4-6 hours on me depending on the weather) and no one is offended by the way I smell when I wear it - nor are they turned on.

There are SO MANY white flower style perfumes out there that are cheaper, with better sillage and just as good if not better staying power. This type of fragrance is in the same vein as White Shoulders, the original Kim Kardashian fragrance, Madonna Truth or Dare, Coty Island Gardenia, Mor Snow Gardenia, and Paris Hilton Tease. I can get Tease for as low as $6 for 30ml's. I can buy a bottle of Jasmine Attar on Ebay for around $5. Why on earth am I going to pay over $100 for 50ml's of this? It's just so completely and utterly unoriginal.

About the best thing I can say is that it's not a room clearer like some white flower fragrances around. There is nothing particularly indolic about the jasmine so it's less likely to make some people feel ill. The only caveat - it can be a little strong when the weather is hot, but even then it's not a room clearer.

Seriously, for $100 you can buy a limited edition print or even an original painting that will last you a lifetime. Save your perfume budget for something unique, not something that reminds me of at least a dozen other, considerably cheaper, fragrances.

on 7/4/2014 7:21:00 AM

Beautiful exciting jasmine fragrance. It fades moderately quickly, though.

on 5/14/2014 9:34:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Very lovely, but unfortunately, an instant headache for me. Reading the great reviews, I was eager to try my sample vial last night. Soooo pretty, really smelled nice -- but it was like an immediate icepick to my head.

Unfortunately, I just can't wear most of the pretty white florals -- gardenia, tuberose, jasmine, lily -- unless they're softened down considerably by other notes. Glam Jasmine is just too straight-up jasmine for me, I guess. So nice though -- it really is a wonderful scent.

Of the trio MK Glam Jasmine, Sporty Citrus, and Sexy Amber, I do own a bottle of the Sexy Amber, which is my favorite of the 3. It's much more to my taste than Glam Jasmine (I already wrote a review of Sexy Amber).

For jasmine, I guess I'll stick with my Jennifer Aniston -- which is a knock-off of Child, basically -- a light beachy jasmine with enough clean musk added that I don't get a headache. Or good old Casual by Paul Sebastian, a soft misty jasmine. Neither gives me a headache.

I know I'll try my Glam Jasmine sample a few more times. Hopefully I can make it work somehow. It really is such a pretty scent, esp for the approaching warm summer weather.

ADDENDUM 12/20/14: I tried this on at Belk yesterday and spent the rest of the day sniffing my test-spot. It smells just like Marc Jacobs Blush to me (now discontinued). A light innocent jasmine, to me -- not really glam, more girly, soft, and innocent. It didn't give me a headache yesterday. No desire to purchase this one.

on 5/12/2014 12:53:00 AM

I love this perfume! Get so many compliments on it. Light but strong enough to last all day! Cant explain in you need to get it if you love a hint of jasmine in your perfume.

on 3/20/2014 11:57:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

I am usually not a floral fragrance fan but this one is very glamorous and sexy.
I love sandalwood scent and the fact that it's mixed with jasmin scent is wonderful. Sandalwood is the key ingredient for me, without it I would probably not purchase Glam Jasmine. I like the fact that this fragrance (oposite from Citrus and Amber) does not fade after few hours, it is long lasting.
Glam Jasmine costs $100 (100ml) or 50ml ($75) at Macy's.
I don't think it's worthy to pay $100 for perfume that smells like jasmin. There are many other options.

on 10/18/2013 2:10:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I tried this mainly because I can't walk past a perfume counter without smelling something. I was curious to see how it compared to the original MK tuberose-laden monster. Pretty similar, but with jasmine. It really is death-by-jasmine, but I love jasmine, so this isn't a problem. There isn't a lot more going on though, so it will be an occasional fragrance for me as I wouldn't want to smell jasmine all day, every day. The dry down is a soft woody-musk melange, allegedly sandalwood, not to my nose, but at least it isn't one of the harsh sandalwood synthetics. I prefer it to Acqua di Parma's Gelsomino Nobile, and it's an acceptable, much less expensive, alternative to Armani's Eclat de Jasmin.

on 9/6/2013 10:06:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This was love at first sniff! I'm an admitted jasmine lover, most of my perfumes have jasmine notes. This scent has a wonderful dry down and I was very surprised at the lasting power. Usually an hour after spraying, I can't smell the perfume I'm wearing. But Glam is different. It's still going strong in the afternoon but I spray it again just because I like it so much. I highly recommend this to anyone who wants a beautiful floral scent that smells more glam than Golden Girl and lasts all day.

on 8/12/2013 1:20:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

I think I'd like this better if it didn't have the sandalwood. It's a white floral that seems more casual than "glam." Meh.

Popular Fragrances