Marc Jacobs Lash Lifter - Gel Volume Mascara in Blacquer

2.9

on 6/7/2015 10:55:00 PM

This mascara is pretty natural, volumizing and defining without really lengthening or curling too much. The texture is creamy but not clumpy and does not flake easily. While I do like this mascara, I definitely do not think this is the most impressive mascara on the market and the Marc Jacobs brand comes with a high price tag. This was nice to try, but I would not repurchase.

on 5/19/2015 8:50:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I got this in a 500-point bonus pack from Sephora. One word to describe it: yuck! Didn't hold a curl. It smudged. Disappeared by the end of the day. Wouldn't even consider buying a full-sized tube.

on 4/18/2015 2:31:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I got this as part of a set from sephora and I do enjoy it

it gives me a glossy well-defined mildly volumizing look very quickly

keeps a curl well

looks good at the end of the day

CONS

- can't be built
-hard to use lash comb after applying
-when you wash it off, it breaks down into flakey chunks and its gross to work with.

I like this- it produces a nice effect quickly

but I wouldn't buy it because its so expensive and I have affordable mascaras that give me results I'm happy with. It is not bad though.

This mascara is horrible. I got it in the summer stash at Sephora. Worst one Ive ever tried. The formula is sooo weird and gross. It makes your lashes stick together and look really bad. Don't buy.

on 3/7/2015 10:50:00 AM

Got a sample of this from Sephora. There was still some left when I threw it away after 3 months, that's with daily (one coat) use. I won't be purchasing a full size however. It's a very 'wet' formula so easy to work with, makes very natural looking lashes and didn't cause any irritation to my super sensitive eyes. There's just nothing that special about it to warrant spending $30 on it.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I have been absolutely in LOVE with Marc Jacobs beauty products since the Re(Marc)able concealer was recommended to me. I own a few brushes and have tried the foundation several times, though never bought a full sized version. The packaging on MJ products is always so chic and luxurious and are generally one of the more affordable brands available at Sephora. This mascara was interesting to me because it is truly a gel, making the formulation noticeably different than other mascaras. I really enjoyed it during the first week or two of use; I found it light and mousse-y and easy to work with. After those two weeks or so went by, the formula became increasingly thicker and more difficult to work with. As one reviewer mentioned, honey-like. Naturally this lead to clumping and uneven application. I'll say maybe if the brush was different, maybe more of a comb-type of brush instead of the large, lush kind, maybe it would be more easy to work with? Part of me still enjoyed this mascara, even though I did not get the use out of it I hoped for, but definitely try to sample this before purchasing. It's not for everyone!

on 1/6/2015 2:10:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

To be completely honest, this mascara is pretty terrible. It's got a very sticky, honey like consistency. It made my lashes clump and stick together terribly. It doesn't apply evenly for some reason. after pulling the brush through my lashes, some will have mascara on them and others are still bare. And when I try to add a second coat the mascara just sticks to itself and clumps worse. Needless to say, it is impossible to build volume with this product. It lengthened my lashes a little bit, into thin pointy spikes because they were stuck to each other. Really this product had zero redeeming value to me.

on 11/6/2014 7:46:00 AM

I have tried them all - Christian Dior, YSL, Chanel, MAC, Laura Mercier, Benefit, and the list goes on... BUT THIS. THIS MASCARA is amazing. First of all, I have lashes, but they need volume. This coats the lashes, doesn't look dry, looks completely natural but opens my eyes up like no other. It doesn't clump. It doesn't smear. I don't look like a racoon after wearing it all day. It comes off with eye makeup remover. It has no scent. It's the first mascara that doesn't seem to leave my lashes brittle. I love it and will buy again and again. BRAVO MARC JACOBS!!!

Skin: Combination, Other, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

I got this as a sample, and am soo glad I didn't pay for it because this is NOT worth $30 to me, or even half that. The brush is meh, the formula is not as wet as I thought it'd be, rather dry actually, and it did little for volumizing my lashes. Poor performance and poor formula at a high price tag? Sorry Marc, I'll pass on this one. It didn't smudge though, so two stars....you could do worse than this.

Edit: To those who log on to MUA just to write a glowing review on 1 product that the company paid you for, shameeee on you! I hate clicking on someone's name to see that they only wrote one obviously paid for review, ugh!

on 8/31/2014 3:24:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I'm glad that this mascara was a sample I received, because if I had purchased this mascara...it would have been returned.

This mascara as almost a tar like feel to it. I find I can only use it on my top lashes. Too heavy for my bottom lashes. With use, this ring of "plastic crud" started forming at the edge of the tube opening. Gross. Washes offs with my cleansing oil in Clumps.

Only plus...it's a deep true black mascara. Didn't work for me.

Top Rated Marc Jacobs Products