Marc Jacobs Lash Lifter - Gel Volume Mascara in Blacquer

2.8

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Luckily this was free or I would be returning it. Its awful. You may as well not be wearing any mascara at all.

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I hate this mascara so much! I was suggested this in Sephora when they were out of stock of the Better Than Sex mascara and honestly buying it was such a mistake. It is not cheap by any means and Marc Jacobs is such a respected brand (I love their eyeshadow palettes) so I splashed out hoping for good results, but the first time I applied it basically nothing happened to my eyelashes.

It didn't hold a curl or even produce one for me, it didn't add volume or lengthen them at all and I don't consider my lashes difficult to work with. This product did nothing!

I don't get this mascara at all. On good days I love this mascara it separates lashes volumizes and defines and best of all it does not run I can wear this with no liner and not worry about it smearing because every mascara I've ever owned smudges oh and this does give the lashes a patent leather shine too because of the gel formula which i noticed it doesn't make the lashes feel stiff either..now on bad days this mascara is the worse and I'll hate it and ask myself WHY?? This does clump the lashes really badly and the brush pulls my lashes out and this dries fast but when you try to build it up it clumps and it won't give volume or anything. I swear this has a mind of its own and I can't work with it when it doesn't want to do its job. I don't recommend this mascara but I will admit this does not run at all I have very watery eyes and everything runs on me but this doesn't so I give this three lippies but I won't repurchase and I love the packaging I love how it's heavy and luxurious feeling but that doesn't makeup for how bad it is when it doesn't want to work with me.

I love the texture and finish of this mascara but its negatives outweigh the positives for me. It is not volumizing and it flakes quite a bit after only a few hours. It does not clump easily which is nice but since there is no fullness, it sort of makes my lashes appear thin and stark. If the flaking bit were minimized I could be pleased with this for use as a "natural" look day mascara but that flaking is just a killer for me.

This mascara is pretty natural, volumizing and defining without really lengthening or curling too much. The texture is creamy but not clumpy and does not flake easily. While I do like this mascara, I definitely do not think this is the most impressive mascara on the market and the Marc Jacobs brand comes with a high price tag. This was nice to try, but I would not repurchase.

Update 08/26/2015: After having used this mascara for a while, I would rate it a 4 out of 5 stars, because I have managed to make this formula work for me. You can get fairly dramatic eyes with this. I wish the formula were a bit more natural, but I find that I like the performance of this product sufficiently to repurchase.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I got this in a 500-point bonus pack from Sephora. One word to describe it: yuck! Didn't hold a curl. It smudged. Disappeared by the end of the day. Wouldn't even consider buying a full-sized tube.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I got this as part of a set from sephora and I do enjoy it

it gives me a glossy well-defined mildly volumizing look very quickly

keeps a curl well

looks good at the end of the day

CONS

- can't be built
-hard to use lash comb after applying
-when you wash it off, it breaks down into flakey chunks and its gross to work with.

I like this- it produces a nice effect quickly

but I wouldn't buy it because its so expensive and I have affordable mascaras that give me results I'm happy with. It is not bad though.

This mascara is horrible. I got it in the summer stash at Sephora. Worst one Ive ever tried. The formula is sooo weird and gross. It makes your lashes stick together and look really bad. Don't buy.

Got a sample of this from Sephora. There was still some left when I threw it away after 3 months, that's with daily (one coat) use. I won't be purchasing a full size however. It's a very 'wet' formula so easy to work with, makes very natural looking lashes and didn't cause any irritation to my super sensitive eyes. There's just nothing that special about it to warrant spending $30 on it.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I have been absolutely in LOVE with Marc Jacobs beauty products since the Re(Marc)able concealer was recommended to me. I own a few brushes and have tried the foundation several times, though never bought a full sized version. The packaging on MJ products is always so chic and luxurious and are generally one of the more affordable brands available at Sephora. This mascara was interesting to me because it is truly a gel, making the formulation noticeably different than other mascaras. I really enjoyed it during the first week or two of use; I found it light and mousse-y and easy to work with. After those two weeks or so went by, the formula became increasingly thicker and more difficult to work with. As one reviewer mentioned, honey-like. Naturally this lead to clumping and uneven application. I'll say maybe if the brush was different, maybe more of a comb-type of brush instead of the large, lush kind, maybe it would be more easy to work with? Part of me still enjoyed this mascara, even though I did not get the use out of it I hoped for, but definitely try to sample this before purchasing. It's not for everyone!

Popular Mascaras