April 19, 2014 | 851 users online

BB Cream - Ole Henriksen - Perfect Truth™ CC Crème Broad Spectrum SPF 30

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2014 4:38:00 AM More reviews by skim1017

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The negative reviews for this product are simply incomprehensible to me. Why would anyone wear CC cream to the gym and then complain about stinging in their eyes? Why would anyone wear CC cream that close to their eyes to begin with? And why would anyone complain about the sheer coverage of a CC cream when it's not supposed to be a full-coverage foundation? I only expected this product to even out my skin tone and give me a dewy finish, and that's exactly what it does. I don't use BB creams, nor was I ever interested in CC creams before, so I can't compare this other BB or CC creams.

I bought this only because I had tried several samples of it and loved it. It's similar in consistency and coverage to a tinted moisturizer, but I think the airless pump gives it an even lighter texture than that of a typical tinted moisturizer. It's an SPF 30 product, so it does have a slight sunscreen texture, but I like the protective ingredients that it contains, such as Vitamin C and ferulic acid. If you're relatively happy with your skin and don't need full coverage, you would probably like this. I'm sure some people would want to use their regular foundation over this, but I prefer to use it alone. In fact, I normally use Laura Mercier's Oil-Free Tinted Moisturizer (and alternate that with Laura Mercier's Foundation Powder), but since I discovered this CC cream, it's been slowly replacing my Laura Mercier products. I use it in Light, wait a few minutes before applying my Laura Mercier transluent power, and it gives me a healthy, dewy finish that's polished enough for work and going out, but doesn't look too made-up.

As for the citrus scent that some reviewers have discussed, I was initially concerned about the fragrance since I have super sensitive skin, but I haven't had any reactions to the scent (which seems to be from natural ingredients like orange and lemon extract).

Finally, I am equally sensitive to certain sunscreen ingredients (i.e. titanium dioxide clogs my pores, high levels of homosalate burn and sting my skin), but I've had no problem with the SPF 30, either.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2014 6:00:00 AM More reviews by HollyWould123

I received a sample of this product, so I am unaware of the long term effects; with that being said I absolutely loved what I did observe! Firstly, I'm a full-coverage type and believe the whole BB cream thing to be gimmicky and very shampoo-conditioner combo. I believe it will die out sooner than later.
However, this is the first "CC" cream I tried. The coverage is sheer, but satisfied me enough as far as pigment and coverage goes. As another commenter said, it does have a sunscreen-ish consistency so it takes a minute to blend out. Once you do, it is dewy, so if that's not your look I would suggest using a setting powder (I did-Revlon Nearly Naked Pressed Powder.) or try a different product. (This is likely why there were negative reviews complaining of the lack of coverage. A CC cream is not a foundation.) This product is quite moisturizing, which pleased me because these products often claim to do a lot of things they don't (e.g. prime, conceal, moisturize, etc.). The smell is citrus, and a bit on the strong side, so just be aware of that. I liked it because it reminds me of Murad facial/spa vitamin C products used at Massage Envy. (The smell is from the vitamin C in it.)

I would also like to mention I used toner, moisturizer, and primer before applying this product with a Beauty Blender! I think your results also depend on other products used and method of application!

It is my personal feeling that tinted moisturizers, BB creams, and foundations are a matter of personal preference and depend on the degree of coverage you prefer. If you're into the whole BB/CC/DD trend, try this product, as I feel it is one of the better, true-to-description products out there!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2014 10:10:00 PM More reviews by StupidUserNames

I am so impressed with this cc cream I can't say enough good things about it I even gave my mom and my sister their own bottle of this stuff and they love it as well. I actually been have a major change in my skin after using Dr. Denis Gross one step acne clearing pads my skin is so much clearer but it's been so dry I remembered I had this in my huge stash of makeup and skincare and I got reminded how my mom and sister love it so I went ahead and replaced my MAC matchmaster foundation with this and I could instantly feel the hydration from the cc cream alone not even the moisturizer I'm using gives me this much hydration. This also gives me such a healthy dewy glow and the sheer coverage is great not heavy at all I love it I also have the eye cream cream by ole henriksen I like them both. I use this and some kat vond concealer then I do the Josie maran argan powder on top to set it and it looks so natural like skin...now I gotta be a little blunt so a cc cream is actually supposed to be more for skincare benefits and color correct so you're not gonna get a full coverage also this stuff has some sort of hylauranate in it so it's very hydrating so all you complains about greasy shine try using a setting powder it helps a lot..bye who goes to the gym with stuff on their face? remember to brings makeup remover wipes or something because makeup and sweat mixing inside pores with bacteria and sebum is a great place for new breakouts!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/4/2013 4:40:00 PM More reviews by kellymromano

I really like this product. I find my complexion is bright and even without looking like I'm wearing a ton of makeup. The consistency is a lot like sunscreen, and you do have to work with it a bit to blend it it, but the results are worth it. I finish it with a light dusting of translucent powder and it's set for the whole day (I work 12hr days so I need a product that lasts!). The smell is a bit weird, a lot like the other products in this line, but it doesn't last, so it's not a big deal.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/24/2013 10:35:00 PM More reviews by kkate

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I generally like Ole Henriksen products so was excited to try out this new CC cream. This was also the first CC I had tried. I used light and it was a little too dark for me and I haven't previously had issues with BB creams correcting to my skin tone. It provided okay but not great coverage. While it is better than a having a bare face in terms of correcting my complexion, it wasn't good enough that I wouldn't wear powder or concealer. It is a little greasy on so all the more reason to wear powder. I think BB creams work better for me and provide better coverage but that is a personal preference. If your skin is in pretty good shape with minimal marks then I think that this would be a great choice for you.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2013 4:45:00 PM More reviews by Hawko

I got 2x5ml. samples from Sephora's purchases. I love the so called airless pump to deliver the product.
On my NC 35 skin, this does even out & brightens the skin somewhat, in a natural way. I do not have pore issues so cannot comment on that. For 2 pea sizes, it covers up my face, including my dry cheeks and slightly oily T-zone. The real down side is, it takes a hour to dry down (absorbed), even in the dry area, and by that time, the T-zone looks quite shiny/oily.
Do bear in mind that 2 pea-size of any sunscreen is not enough against UV protection. If I put on more than that, its will take all morning to dry. No buy for me, and I doubt if I will even finish the samples.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/20/2013 12:48:00 AM More reviews by theman

Active ingredients: Avobenzone 2.0%, Homosalate 5.0%, Octinoxate 7.5%, Octisalate 5.0%, Octocrylene 1.86%
Rating: PA++; PPD 4.4
Consistency: thin lotion
Fragrance: smells like an orange creamsicle
Finish: Light was a good match for my NC25 skin.
Wear: Three hours in, I checked myself in the mirror and was disappointed to see that I was very shiny and also that fine lines that I didn't know existed were showing up. All day, every time I checked the mirror, I looked very greasy. I'd blot with tissue, then see all this color transfer, and then do it all over again the next time I checked the mirror.
Gym: Lightly stung my eyes. However, I think this is because it was lightly stinging my eyes all day (before I hit the gym), so I kept wiping it off. By the time I went to sweat it out, most of it had already been removed from my eye area.
Notes: Contains phenoxyethanol which is a moderate health concern according to EWG's Skin Deep Cosmetics Database.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2013 12:32:00 PM More reviews by izzybella

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Hated this product. Didn't provide enough coverage and it was so greasy and heavy feeling, it would never completely set and felt like it kept sliding around on my face. It also has that revolting orange creamsicle smell common to OH's vitamin C products, which I can't stand. Light matched my NC25-30ish complexion but this only comes in two shades so selection is limited.