Ole Henriksen Perfect Truth™ CC Crème Broad Spectrum SPF 30

3.3

on 8/27/2015 11:11:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I bought the light version. Seems to be very moisturising and the coverage and color was perfect. It's not a White cream that takes color after your skin tone. It's a colored daycream. I like the scent, It's fresh and organge. But after wearing it the first day I notised my skin started to get red and stingy. And I don't know ecsactly why, Maybe is the orange essential oils, some people break out from eating lots of oranges. Don't know but couldn't use it.

on 11/9/2014 5:24:00 PM

I love the smell and the feeling of the product, it makes my skin look really lovely and healthy, but after using it for some days in a row I noticed that my skin gets irritated and I get break outs from it. It's such a pity! It is the second OH product which makes my skin break out, and they both have sunscreen. I might react to it! :(

on 6/13/2014 2:33:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Smells like an orange creamsicle, LOOKS like an orange creamsicle. I am fair skinned with olive/yellow undertones. I received a sample of this from Sephora.

It felt hydrating for my dry skin, but it actually sunk into EVERY SINGLE ACNE SCAR, LINE, and I swear I think it even created new ones. (I am in my 20s so I have very few problems but this was like putting a spotlight on them).

As implied above, it also turned me orange.

No thank you --- I will stick to my HG Sephora Perfection Mist Airbrush in Fair (Dior show airflash dupe).

on 5/29/2014 5:16:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

If you're like me, and you don't like to wear foundation, this is perfect. It covers well, isn't cakey, has pretty good lasting power, and it makes your skin look healthy and slightly glowy. The scent is kind of like an orange creamsicle, which I really like. Its not overpowering, and it does go away pretty quickly. The only reason I didn't give this a five is because if your skin is oily, a mattifying primer, and a good powder are necessary, otherwise it gets pretty shiny and greasy. I use the Sephora anti-shine primer, and the Nars light reflecting setting powder, and my makeup lasts pretty much all day. All in all, this is a very good CC cream, and I would definitely recommend this to anyone.

on 5/17/2014 7:44:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I was going to repurchase LM TM but decided to see if there was something new/better to try. I told the sales associate that I wanted dewy not shiny. She led me to the OH CC without skipping a beat. This is a product that has good skin care benefits, protective properties and a nice colour/finish. What's not to like?

on 5/3/2014 11:22:00 AM

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I've only used it once because I was impatiently waiting for my current tinted moisturiser to run out completely.

I bought this product because I've been finding a tinted moisturiser + sunscreen to replace my current one that is nearly finishing - Madison Laboratory Tinted Moisturiser with SPF30. It has been the best tinted sunscreen I've ever used because it blends beautifully and doesn't break out my combi/oily and very sensitive skin. I also sweat a lot and easily in this humid Malaysian heat. However, it is a very expensive product as it costs approx USD65 for a 33ml bottle.

So while browsing in Sephora, they were having a small discount at the Ole Henriksen aisle. I've always wanted to try this brand because of the raving reviews but I already found products that are working for my problem skin. Anyway, I got this on an impulse for approx USD19 which I think was a steal. The description was good, tester was good and promising and the SA was singing praises about it. I got the Light one.

In my opinion, it is a wonderful product. I love how it smells! The citrus is so refreshing and light. The texture is a bit runny compared to my current one which is thick, but I'll get used to it. It blends very well and absorbs immediately, making my skin feel smooth and matte, which I love as I have actively oily skin. Even my current one makes my face look a little oily.

I was also very impressed by how well it maintained my shine for the rest of the day. It was a busy day of errands so I was running around via public transport and sweating my life away but my face remained semi-oil free. It's nice looking at reflections where I don't look as if I fell into an oil puddle. Heh.

Overall, it is a great product that doesn't break me out and controls my oiliness well. It blends perfectly and smooths my skin with a refreshing citrus aroma which I really love. The colour suits my medium-fair Asian skin nicely and it works well with my very problematic skin in a hot tropical climate. I just wish the texture was a tad thicker but I will definitely repurchase when it finishes. Maybe I'll write an update review once I get to use it more regularly but it left an awesome first impression!

on 2/28/2014 4:38:00 AM

The negative reviews for this product are simply incomprehensible to me. Why would anyone wear CC cream to the gym and then complain about stinging in their eyes? Why would anyone wear CC cream that close to their eyes to begin with? And why would anyone complain about the sheer coverage of a CC cream when it's not supposed to be a full-coverage foundation? I only expected this product to even out my skin tone and give me a dewy finish, and that's exactly what it does. I don't use BB creams, nor was I ever interested in CC creams before, so I can't compare this other BB or CC creams.

I bought this only because I had tried several samples of it and loved it. It's similar in consistency and coverage to a tinted moisturizer, but I think the airless pump gives it an even lighter texture than that of a typical tinted moisturizer. It's an SPF 30 product, so it does have a slight sunscreen texture, but I like the protective ingredients that it contains, such as Vitamin C and ferulic acid. If you're relatively happy with your skin and don't need full coverage, you would probably like this. I'm sure some people would want to use their regular foundation over this, but I prefer to use it alone. In fact, I normally use Laura Mercier's Oil-Free Tinted Moisturizer (and alternate that with Laura Mercier's Foundation Powder), but since I discovered this CC cream, it's been slowly replacing my Laura Mercier products. I use it in Light, wait a few minutes before applying my Laura Mercier transluent power, and it gives me a healthy, dewy finish that's polished enough for work and going out, but doesn't look too made-up.

As for the citrus scent that some reviewers have discussed, I was initially concerned about the fragrance since I have super sensitive skin, but I haven't had any reactions to the scent (which seems to be from natural ingredients like orange and lemon extract).

Finally, I am equally sensitive to certain sunscreen ingredients (i.e. titanium dioxide clogs my pores, high levels of homosalate burn and sting my skin), but I've had no problem with the SPF 30, either.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I received a sample of this product, so I am unaware of the long term effects; with that being said I absolutely loved what I did observe! Firstly, I'm a full-coverage type and believe the whole BB cream thing to be gimmicky and very shampoo-conditioner combo. I believe it will die out sooner than later.
However, this is the first "CC" cream I tried. The coverage is sheer, but satisfied me enough as far as pigment and coverage goes. As another commenter said, it does have a sunscreen-ish consistency so it takes a minute to blend out. Once you do, it is dewy, so if that's not your look I would suggest using a setting powder (I did-Revlon Nearly Naked Pressed Powder.) or try a different product. (This is likely why there were negative reviews complaining of the lack of coverage. A CC cream is not a foundation.) This product is quite moisturizing, which pleased me because these products often claim to do a lot of things they don't (e.g. prime, conceal, moisturize, etc.). The smell is citrus, and a bit on the strong side, so just be aware of that. I liked it because it reminds me of Murad facial/spa vitamin C products used at Massage Envy. (The smell is from the vitamin C in it.)

I would also like to mention I used toner, moisturizer, and primer before applying this product with a Beauty Blender! I think your results also depend on other products used and method of application!

It is my personal feeling that tinted moisturizers, BB creams, and foundations are a matter of personal preference and depend on the degree of coverage you prefer. If you're into the whole BB/CC/DD trend, try this product, as I feel it is one of the better, true-to-description products out there!

I am so impressed with this cc cream I can't say enough good things about it I even gave my mom and my sister their own bottle of this stuff and they love it as well. I actually been have a major change in my skin after using Dr. Denis Gross one step acne clearing pads my skin is so much clearer but it's been so dry I remembered I had this in my huge stash of makeup and skincare and I got reminded how my mom and sister love it so I went ahead and replaced my MAC matchmaster foundation with this and I could instantly feel the hydration from the cc cream alone not even the moisturizer I'm using gives me this much hydration. This also gives me such a healthy dewy glow and the sheer coverage is great not heavy at all I love it I also have the eye cream cream by ole henriksen I like them both. I use this and some kat vond concealer then I do the Josie maran argan powder on top to set it and it looks so natural like skin...now I gotta be a little blunt so a cc cream is actually supposed to be more for skincare benefits and color correct so you're not gonna get a full coverage also this stuff has some sort of hylauranate in it so it's very hydrating so all you complains about greasy shine try using a setting powder it helps a lot..bye who goes to the gym with stuff on their face? remember to brings makeup remover wipes or something because makeup and sweat mixing inside pores with bacteria and sebum is a great place for new breakouts!

on 11/4/2013 4:40:00 PM

I really like this product. I find my complexion is bright and even without looking like I'm wearing a ton of makeup. The consistency is a lot like sunscreen, and you do have to work with it a bit to blend it it, but the results are worth it. I finish it with a light dusting of translucent powder and it's set for the whole day (I work 12hr days so I need a product that lasts!). The smell is a bit weird, a lot like the other products in this line, but it doesn't last, so it's not a big deal.