November 27, 2014 | 1445 users online

Sunscreen - Paula's Choice - RESIST Super-Light Wrinkle Defense SPF 30

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2014 2:13:00 PM More reviews by ashleywilkes

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Doesn't dry out my skin and doesn't break me out. More importantly, I can wear this on my neck and my chest with out it burning and itching like crazy. Even the Blue Lizard "chemical free" stuff caused an allergic reaction on my neck and chest when I wore it. When I first received the sample of this, the pink tint turned me off. I have a yellow, tan tone on my Asian skin and I didn't think it work, but once it settled, I didn't even need to wear any foundation. All I needed was some concealer under my eyes and a dab of blush or bronzer. I also jog with this stuff on. Paula's staff said it's somewhat waterproof and their right. I job 3 to 4 miles in LA heat and still see the film on my face when I'm done. I love this stuff.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2014 8:36:00 AM More reviews by Emma13

OK basically this is a very nice sunscreen with one major drawback (apart from price).It has 13% zinc oxide as active ingredient, which is unusual but nice for those of us who are not fans of titanium dioxide or chemical agents. I would prefer a higher SPF, but possibly this is a question of cosmetic elegance of the end product because zinc oxide in high concentrations is quite thick and claggy. So, OK for an everyday s/s but not to go out in the sun (I have melasma).

It is indeed very light in texture and easy to apply. There is no discernible shine. The texture is not moisturising though, so for my combination skin I still need to apply a light moisturizer underneath.

Now the downside: the tint is anything but natural - it's actually a greyish pink! Seriously, on my pale yellow toned skin it looks just awful. It is very sheer, true - but it still does have a subtle effect. Please Paula, why can't you create a pale yellow option for those of us who have yellow-toned skin (or need a bit of subtle colour correcting, i.e. the pink face-yellow neck syndrome...) !! Do that and I swear, I'll buy this by the cartload. As it is, alas, I won't.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2014 10:56:00 PM More reviews by DDP1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Oh, how I love this sunscreen! I used to use Skinceuticals physical fusion, but I think this PC product is so much better! It is nearly perfect: 13% zinc oxide, antioxidants, controls oil yet not drying (if I wear moisturizer underneath), and no white cast. My complexion is n15 and the tint is fine for me and I like how it evens out my skin tone a bit. I still use foundation, though. My only criticisms: it claims to moisturize but found it drying when used on its own, the finish can feel a little tacky, and it's not officially water resistant. However, according to a company rep the product is water resistant but was not put through tests to earn the water resistant label. If they ever discontinue this, I will be so upset because nothing else compares! I use it daily on my face, neck, and chest.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2014 12:32:00 AM More reviews by rebeccamv

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

it's a miracle, i have finally found a sunscreen that DOESN'T BREAK ME OUT!! for me, this is unheard of! it is also SUPER GENTLE. i have very sensitive skin. i love the tint, which is extremely suddle. it seems to even out my skin tone without changing the color of my skin at all. i am nw20. texture is great, finish looks very nice (not shiny at all). packaging is convenient and hygienic. formula has lots of skin beneficial ingredients. paula's choice doesn't test on animals.

my favorite and i wear it daily!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2014 12:14:00 AM More reviews by kbam17

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I use this as my foundation (tinted moisturizer) and totally love it. It gives me just the right amount of sheer coverage to even out my skin tone without masking my natural skin texture or marks, etc. I use just one layer in the morning, but it is buildable to a more medium coverage. I initially used this *as* sunscreen, but after some research I realized I should just purchase a separate sunscreen and use this on top (the pea-size amount I use daily isn't enough of the product to get the advertised SPF). I do like having the extra bit of protection throughout the day, though. My favorite application method is to dot it across my face, then use a buffing brush to stipple it on, and finally buff it in gently.

Pros:
* natural finish
* applies evenly; blends well
* buildable
* doesn't settle into lines/creases
* great price
* long-lasting
* great for 5 minute make-up days (just this, blush, and some mascara, perfect!)

Cons:
* very light coverage
* not enough SPF

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2014 4:18:00 PM More reviews by dustyjil

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

To answer "...would you buy this product again?"...Yes, I have purchased twice as back ups. I'm not sure how this will do once real winter dryness kicks in. I have dry skin normally and have been able to use this during that late summer/early fall with a moisturizer underneath. I am sensitive to chemical sunscreen, but the physical sunscreens for dry skin are just so heavy. If I need to switch to a dry skin formulation this winter I will, and then gladly come back to this for spring, summer, and fall. This works very well as sunscreen and primer. It wears well under a variety of foundations I have tried it with. It blends in easily and doesn't leave a white cast or feel heavy. It is fragrance free, another area of sensitivity for me. I really enjoy it.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2014 5:20:00 PM More reviews by Tushky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

WOOOW! This stuff is magic for oily skin! --It controls oil soooo well
-the color is a perfect match for me
-it feels light and not sticky as other mineral sunscreens do
-it is enough moisturizing for oily skin
-no clogged pores for me
-it is a perfect makeup base as it controls oil very well and the foundation looks so nice and stays put all day

PERFECT! I love it and I will buy it over and over again, even if the price+shipping in Europe are a little bit high.

Oily skinned people, this is for you!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2014 12:39:00 PM More reviews by Walko

I've tried to like this , I really have but it's not for me. When I was young I was plagued with oily skin ,if only this was available then. But at 57 this just sucks the moisture out of my skin.I'm not even dry, more normal these days , but to me this is a product for oily skin.This makes the skin around my eyes appear very crepey.However I'm not going to down this product. I feel it's a very good product, it's just not for me. Excellent sunscreen no alcohol or fragrance, and it contains antioxidants.If only I could use it as it is a zinc oxide only sunscreen and I've wanted one for ages.But I've gotten through a whole tube now and won't repurchase. Their is nothing moisturising about this at all. Leave this alone unless you are oily or have no lines around the eyes.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2014 6:33:00 PM More reviews by icceti

I have to agree with a previous reviewer, it is THE product for oily skin. I have NC25, extra sensitive, giant pores, super oily Asian skin. Makeup with silicon will slide off of my face after 4 hours. Minerals will sink into my pores and laugh lines. On weekends I don't want to use makeup so my skin can breath, but I still want to be able to put something quickly then go. For someone allergic to chemical sunscreens, I don't have a lot of good options. Until I found RESIST SUPER-LIGHT WRINKLE DEFENSE SPF 30.

The price isn't so bad, I bought this when Dermstore had a site wide sale, $27ish, for 2oz. Moisturizer and SPF with 13% zinc oxide as active ingredient. I can't comment on how well this protects against the sun. I don't burn, I tan and I tend to avoid the sun like a plague.

The smell, well, I have severe allergies, so my sense of smell is pretty tolerant. I barely smell anything. The lotion is very light in texture, lightly tinted and very easy to spread. Once it dries the shine will disappear, if you're impatient like me just top it with a light dusting of loose powder.

The tint is quite sheer, it will not cover your acne scars or redness like the area near your nostrils. But it is enough to even out my skin tone for errand running. Top it with a concealer is good enough for casual Fridays at work. It doesn't transfer as easily compare to CoTz, but it will come off say blow your nose with a tissue or lots of sweating.

It does moisturize, it doesn't have that super drying, flaky, yet greasy feeling many mineral base spfs give. Dust loose powder over it will last me all day with very little blotting needed if I run errands. If I sit in a AC room (the office) I will need to blot more often after 4 hours. BUT it won't slide off like some products! Because when I shower at night, I can still feel that mineral particles on my face. This will not last if you use it in a very humid, hot area, i.e. Hong Kong. I brought this and CoTz with me, I think i sweated through both...

Lastly it doesn't sink into my pores or lines which superb for me. Long review, but this is pretty good for gal with extremely oily and sensitive skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2014 4:27:00 PM More reviews by orchard

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I absolutely love this product. I have searched for so long for a moisturiser with spf that is matt and that doesn't go shiny after 2 hours and that doesn't sink into my pores. This is it. I have tried everything, and this is the best. Mac oil free lotion/DR. jart/Mac bb cream/clinique city block/bare minerals prep and prime / la roche posay/chanel spf 50 etc the list goes on they don't even come close to this. I am pretty pale and can get away with the tint in this moisturiser. I put it on and wait 10 minutes and it dries down almost completely and then I put on my makeup (bare minerals powder). I was using a primer over this but it looks better with just this and my makeup. This moisturiser also gives a bit of coverage if you want to wear it alone. And I love that I know im protected from the sun. My skin is super oily but I only have to top up with powder once a day now whereas before it was 3-4 times. One issue I have is with the cap on this, I find that after a few weeks of use it doesn't close back properly, there's a little gap left, and Im always afraid there is air getting in to compromise the sunscreen. Please make this product with a screw on cap!! The other issue is because I live in Europe and shipping costs 15 euros, the total price of this product for me is actually 46 euros (not 31) which is pricey along the chanel lines. But I wont even dock a mark for these issues as the product is so good!! This product gets holy grail status!!