Paula's Choice RESIST Super-Light Daily Wrinkle Defense SPF 30

4.3

Not tested on animals

Active Ingredient: Zinc Oxide 13% (broad-spectrum sunscreen agent). Other Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane (silicone slip agent), PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone (silicone-based thickener), Dimethicone Crosspolymer (silicone suspending agent), PEG-12 Dimethicone (silicone-based thickener), Resveratrol, Quercetin, Epigallocatechin Gallate (antioxidants), Tocopheryl Acetate (vitamin E/antioxidant), Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate (vitamin C/antioxidant), Adenosine (cell-communicating ingredient), Lauroyl Lysine (skin-conditioning agent), Bisabolol (anti-irritant), Trihydroxystearin (thickener), Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract (anti-irritant), Punica Granatum (Pomegranate) Extract (antioxidant), Haemstococcus Pluvialis Extract (astaxanthin/antioxidant), Hydrolyzed Corn Starch (thickener/mattifying agent), Polysorbate 80 (emulsifier), Hydrolyzed Silica (thickener/mattifying agent), Triethoxycaprylylsilane (silicone-based binding agent), C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate (emollient thickener), Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate (texture enhancer), Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol (preservatives), Sodium Chloride (stabilizer), Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenoxyethanol (preservatives), Iron Oxides (natural pigment).

on 6/30/2015 8:37:00 PM

I thought this would be suitable for a daily sunscreen with light moisture for my combo skin in the spring and summer, but this stuff was a terrible disaster for my skin! I usually have trouble-free skin, but when I switched to Paula's Choice my skin got destroyed. Bumps, flaking like crazy, and small red spots. I almost wondered if I had developed rosacea.

on 6/22/2015 5:02:00 PM

I was so hesitant to purchase this product because of the tint and some of the reviews, but I'm so happy I decided to try it. My skin type: oily, clogged, acne-prone.

It's a mineral sunscreen with 13% zinc oxide, which I thought for some reason would cause my skin to breakout. Surprisingly, no breakouts to report! The tint blended right into my fair skin, so don't expect any coverage (which I don't want from a sunscreen any ways). It also gave my skin a nice glow. I think the tint would blend well with most skin tones. I posted a photo of it to show the tint (sorry the picture is not that great). It absorbed very quickly, and left no white cast or greasiness like most sunscreens do.

It's cheaper and much better than the sunscreen I was using. I absolutely love this sunscreen and recommend anyone trying it out. You can return it and get a refund if you don't like it, which is great.

I will definitely repurchase.

You can also use this code to get $15 off your order: AMSAVINGS15

I'm not sure how long the code is good for, but enjoy :)

on 6/19/2015 3:00:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

my HG for winter
it.s just perfect for my oily/combination, acne prone , sensitive skin
to bad it.s just spf 30
the only problem i have with it it.s that tint kinda shows on my fair face but i use powder foundation over it and it.s ok
i.m using it as a sunscreen only so i have to put another serum or cream under it because it.s to dry for me in the winter.

on 6/6/2015 5:31:00 AM

I have super oily skin and I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE this sunscreen!! I prefer mineral sunscreens because they are way less irritating, but they are usually pretty shiny. But this is matte! How did they do that?! It does have a slight tint to it but won't give you any coverage, though I like to mix a little creme foundation into it and it looks great (foundation+sunscreen+antioxidants= hell yes!). I think the tint might be apparent on people who are really pale or really dark, but for most people it's fine. I've gone through like 4 bottles and just got 2 more.

on 5/17/2015 11:40:00 PM

Ugh. I used this about a year ago. Not a pleasant memory. It was soooo drying for my skin. Like kind of greasy looking at first but then it somehow sucked all the moisture out of my skin. And it settled into fine lines where I didn't know I had fine lines. And the "tint" was way too dark for me and I thought it was for all skintones. I applied moisturizer under this, couldn't even help with the dryness. I had bought 2 bottles of this thinking it would be great but I ended up not using the second bottle-or even finishing the first one...I gave it a good effort though. Im giving it a 2 instead of a 1 only because it didn't do any damage to my face...it just looked awful when it was on. Frowny face

on 5/8/2015 9:23:00 AM

I'm quite surprised that so many people with various skin types like this because in my experience this is only suitable for people with oily skin. Physical sunscreens suck out the moisture from my skin, and in this case there is nothing to counteract the drying effect. I couldn't wait to wash it down in the evening, it was so drying, although I used it with the Skin Recovery moisturizer without SPF.
The texture is quite runny, but it solidifies quickly after the application, forming a kind of mask that has to be bombed down with a good make-up remover at the end of the day. It has a slight tint, which is a nice color, unnoticeable, if you use a small amount, but when I applied it liberally, I could see the border of the product by my ears and my neck, because it was too dark. It is extremely mattifying, which must be a huge plus for people with very oily skin, but it looked unnatural on me.
To sum it up, I think it's a good product, but only for people with oily skin. If you have dry skin, try the Cellular Defense from the Resist line, if your skin is normal or combination, I recommend Clinique's City Block SPF 25.

on 5/5/2015 2:10:00 PM

This is in the sunscreen category on here, but I use this as a primer, after my serum. The fact that it contains sunscreen is great because it gets 2 jobs done in one!

I have really oily skin and this keeps my make up on for the whole day. It does not however moisturise very well, so probably not good for people with dry skin.

on 5/4/2015 3:00:00 PM

I tried a sample of this and the next day ordered the full size. It evens out your skin tone just a tad and has a matte finish. I have very sensitive, acne prone skin and have been using this for a month and it hasn't caused me to break out. I can wear this alone and it actually makes my skin look better! I love that bc I have 2 young kids and I often don't have time to put makeup on, but I feel guilty being outside without any sunscreen on my face. Now I can just slap some of this on and go, and just do my makeup later. It's a great primer under foundation! Highly recommend it!!

on 4/27/2015 8:41:00 PM

I have combination skin with some very oily patches and some very dry patches. This product did not work at all on the dry patches: it highlighted flaky skin really badly. On the oily parts of my face, it was great: it made my skin smooth, soft and matte. However, I won't be repurchasing this because I couldn't use it at all on the dry areas--I had to use a different product altogether on these areas of my face.

on 4/18/2015 6:06:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

I like the way this looks on my skin but this has a rubbery texture on my skin that I just don't like. It feels like a mask. It also does not work that well under my makeup.