Paula's Choice RESIST Super-Light Daily Wrinkle Defense SPF 30

4.3

Not tested on animals

Active Ingredient: Zinc Oxide 13% (broad-spectrum sunscreen agent). Other Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane (silicone slip agent), PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone (silicone-based thickener), Dimethicone Crosspolymer (silicone suspending agent), PEG-12 Dimethicone (silicone-based thickener), Resveratrol, Quercetin, Epigallocatechin Gallate (antioxidants), Tocopheryl Acetate (vitamin E/antioxidant), Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate (vitamin C/antioxidant), Adenosine (cell-communicating ingredient), Lauroyl Lysine (skin-conditioning agent), Bisabolol (anti-irritant), Trihydroxystearin (thickener), Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract (anti-irritant), Punica Granatum (Pomegranate) Extract (antioxidant), Haemstococcus Pluvialis Extract (astaxanthin/antioxidant), Hydrolyzed Corn Starch (thickener/mattifying agent), Polysorbate 80 (emulsifier), Hydrolyzed Silica (thickener/mattifying agent), Triethoxycaprylylsilane (silicone-based binding agent), C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate (emollient thickener), Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate (texture enhancer), Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol (preservatives), Sodium Chloride (stabilizer), Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenoxyethanol (preservatives), Iron Oxides (natural pigment).

on 8/2/2015 10:45:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have terrible trouble getting sunscreen that's right for my skin, it was basically impossible before this product existed. Almost all my boxes are ticked by it; fragrance free, non greasy, alcohol free, "physical" sunscreen, cruelty free, full of antioxidants and beneficial ingredients, doesn't seem to clog my pores or cause spots, matte finish but not drying/doesn't emphasise dryer areas. Basically perfect. The only thing I don't like is the tint, I'd much prefer a colourless sunscreen. It's also a bit on the dark side for my pale olive skin so I have to mix it with Paula's colourless Hydralight sunscreen. Ideally I'd give four and half lippies for that reason. Hydralight is slightly oily on its own but mixed with Resist they make the perfect texture. Obviously that means buying both at once, but then it lasts twice as long, so it doesn't really make a difference to the price.

on 7/30/2015 4:46:00 PM

A physical sunscreen that feels more like a high end cosmetic primer. I am extremely picky when it comes to facial sunscreens, and this one is just about perfect: very light wearing, matte, invisible, no animal testing. It feels like nothing once it's on and doesn't rub off or transfer. Huge bonuses for being also a physical block and having sample sizes available.

As a makeup primer, it also does its job very well. It's very mattifying, and the slight tint does make the surface of my skin look more even. It does go on pinkish but the colour disappears into my pale yellow toned skin. I put concealer and a bit of powder on top, but without the additional makeup I wouldn't need any powder at all. I don't think I've said that about ANY sunscreen or primer before!

The only negatives are the price and the cheap-looking packaging, however this product performs so well that I feel the price is worth it.

on 7/29/2015 9:45:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

I wanted this to work for me but in the end it did not agree with my oily skin.
It made me more shiny and made my makeup slip around more.
The light tint does not offer coverage.
My skin felt like it could not breath.
Only gave 2 lippies because it has ingredients that are good for skin and of course SPF.
I did not notice any improvement in skin using this and in the end my complexion looked weighed down, tired, and dull.

on 7/28/2015 6:48:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Wow. This is an exceptional physical sunscreen - for all skin types. There is no shine or white cast, it's not drying, and it's non irritating and hasn't caused any breakouts. Oh, and when I use this, the redness and discolouration on my face is less evident (even when I remove it I mean). This does have a tint, but not enough to provide any real colour. If anything, it functions like an extremely lightweight tinted moisturiser. I like to wear it with alone or under makeup, as it makes no difference to the finish or longevity of my makeup. This does have an odd smell, kind of like liquorice... but not sweet. I can't say I'm fond of it, but it doesn't hinder the quality of the product, and the scent dissipates once I've finished applying it. I really can't say enough good things about this. I was previously using Shiseido city block spf30, which was great, but it still left a slight sheen and the alcohol content worried me.

I really wanted to love this sunscreen, and I did for a while, but whenever I use this consistently I get tiny bumps all over my skin. It's great for oily skin because it dries to a matte finish, and it would have been a holy grail for me.

I've tried it on several different occasion but always get the stubborn little bumps that take a few weeks to resolve- I'm thinking I must have a sensitivity to one of the ingredients.

Still on the hunt for a good sunscreen for oily skin.

on 7/3/2015 11:59:00 PM

After years of searching and spending thousands of dollars on sunscreen--this is "the one" for me. This makes my skin look flawless and I only have to use a little concealer under my eyes and I'm good to go. It is not oily at all. I wear a serum underneath for some moisture and then put this on top. There's absolutely no fragrance and it dries matte. Best of all, since it has resveratrol, vitamin c & e, willow bark extract, and other good ingredients for wrinkles and brown spots, my skin tone has evened out tremendously!! My spots have faded more in 3 uses than after using hydroquinond for 3 weeks. I am SO happy I found this sunscreen!!

on 6/30/2015 8:37:00 PM

I thought this would be suitable for a daily sunscreen with light moisture for my combo skin in the spring and summer, but this stuff was a terrible disaster for my skin! I usually have trouble-free skin, but when I switched to Paula's Choice my skin got destroyed. Bumps, flaking like crazy, and small red spots. I almost wondered if I had developed rosacea.

on 6/22/2015 5:02:00 PM

I was so hesitant to purchase this product because of the tint and some of the reviews, but I'm so happy I decided to try it. My skin type: oily, clogged, acne-prone.

It's a mineral sunscreen with 13% zinc oxide, which I thought for some reason would cause my skin to breakout. Surprisingly, no breakouts to report! The tint blended right into my fair skin, so don't expect any coverage (which I don't want from a sunscreen any ways). It also gave my skin a nice glow. I think the tint would blend well with most skin tones. I posted a photo of it to show the tint (sorry the picture is not that great). It absorbed very quickly, and left no white cast or greasiness like most sunscreens do.

It's cheaper and much better than the sunscreen I was using. I absolutely love this sunscreen and recommend anyone trying it out. You can return it and get a refund if you don't like it, which is great.

I will definitely repurchase.

You can also use this code to get $15 off your order: AMSAVINGS15

I'm not sure how long the code is good for, but enjoy :)

on 6/19/2015 3:00:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

my HG for winter
it.s just perfect for my oily/combination, acne prone , sensitive skin
to bad it.s just spf 30
the only problem i have with it it.s that tint kinda shows on my fair face but i use powder foundation over it and it.s ok
i.m using it as a sunscreen only so i have to put another serum or cream under it because it.s to dry for me in the winter.

on 6/6/2015 5:31:00 AM

I have super oily skin and I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE this sunscreen!! I prefer mineral sunscreens because they are way less irritating, but they are usually pretty shiny. But this is matte! How did they do that?! It does have a slight tint to it but won't give you any coverage, though I like to mix a little creme foundation into it and it looks great (foundation+sunscreen+antioxidants= hell yes!). I think the tint might be apparent on people who are really pale or really dark, but for most people it's fine. I've gone through like 4 bottles and just got 2 more.