Paula's Choice RESIST Super-Light Daily Wrinkle Defense SPF 30

4.3

Not tested on animals

Active Ingredient: Zinc Oxide 13% (broad-spectrum sunscreen agent). Other Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane (silicone slip agent), PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone (silicone-based thickener), Dimethicone Crosspolymer (silicone suspending agent), PEG-12 Dimethicone (silicone-based thickener), Resveratrol, Quercetin, Epigallocatechin Gallate (antioxidants), Tocopheryl Acetate (vitamin E/antioxidant), Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate (vitamin C/antioxidant), Adenosine (cell-communicating ingredient), Lauroyl Lysine (skin-conditioning agent), Bisabolol (anti-irritant), Trihydroxystearin (thickener), Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract (anti-irritant), Punica Granatum (Pomegranate) Extract (antioxidant), Haemstococcus Pluvialis Extract (astaxanthin/antioxidant), Hydrolyzed Corn Starch (thickener/mattifying agent), Polysorbate 80 (emulsifier), Hydrolyzed Silica (thickener/mattifying agent), Triethoxycaprylylsilane (silicone-based binding agent), C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate (emollient thickener), Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate (texture enhancer), Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol (preservatives), Sodium Chloride (stabilizer), Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenoxyethanol (preservatives), Iron Oxides (natural pigment).

on 4/18/2015 6:06:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I like the way this looks on my skin but this has a rubbery texture on my skin that I just don't like. It feels like a mask. It also does not work that well under my makeup.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I've been using this product for almost a week now. I hardly ever write reviews...UNLESS, I find the most amazing product!!! I have melasma and have been on the hunt for the perfect moisturizer with spf for a few years. I ran across this product and ordered about five samples to test it out. The first day I wore it, I was amazed!!! Needless to say, I just placed an order for a full size tube! it's very lightweight, absorbs quickly, has anti-aging benefits, smooths large pores, controls my super oily skin all day, evens out my skin tone...and most important, doesn't leave any signs that you're wearing sunscreen! This product is a true winner for me, and I'm VERY particular about my skincare products! Give it a try, you won't be disappointed...you'll actually be AMAZED!!

on 4/14/2015 4:55:00 AM

Just bought this a few days ago and I'm a covert!

I used to use the Biore aqua SPF but that started to dry out my skin and I decided to turn back to trust Paula's choice for a sunscreen.

This sunscreen is lightweight and acts as a makeup primer as well and I just apply my bb cream over. Don't be afraid of the tint as it evens out the skin tone and can't be seen!

Overall, like all Paula's choice products, it's good for the skin and didn't cause me any breakouts.

Oh, the smell takes getting used to but its a small issue!

on 3/31/2015 9:58:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I like that this is not a chemical sunscreen and does not have titanium dioxide. It also seemed to act well as a primer and my combination skin was neither too oily or dry. You can get a 10% discount here: http://goo.gl/ZBGQF4.

on 3/11/2015 5:56:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

It's probably the only sunscreen I will ever use because it's simply the best. If you prefer mineral sunscreens, there are no other sunscreens to match the quality of this one. Think of it like a lotion-to-powder formula. You blend it out like a normal lotion and after about a minute it's as weightless as powder. I apply a LOT of this and it is never heavy or patchy. There's no white cast like other mineral sunscreens because of the slight tint. The tint is a little light for me but it matches to my skin tone after a few minutes. There's also an added plus of anti-ageing ingredients in it.

on 3/2/2015 3:10:00 AM

Pros - The tint isn't obtrusive. It isn't quite on the level of a BB cream. Instead, it is meant to prevent the "white cast" that otherwise comes with mineral sunscreens - and I actually love the very sheer tint. Very gentle, even around the eyes. Leaves a dewy, semi-matte finish.

Cons - Small amount for the price, considering that you must use liberally to get proper sun protection. Not moisturizing enough for dry skin without using a separate moisturizer. Unfortunately, there is no comparable PC product for dry skin.

Due to the size/price ratio and the fact that I must use a separate moisturizer, I'm currently looking for a different product. If PC elected to make this in a larger size, for a better price, and in a formula suitable for dry to very dry skin, it would be my HG.

on 3/1/2015 2:38:00 PM

For me, this is the same as a BB or CC. The color is a good match and all I do is apply powder (Flower PP1, Prestige in Wheat, or Nuance in Light/Medium) when this has been brushed on. I am an NW20 and all of these work since they're so neutral. Nice, right? Well, since the Resist is $29.00 and there are so many other, less costly, options out there, I wouldn't waste my money on this. Paula's products are just what she used to target other companies for. Soon she'll be selling out to Estee Lauder or L'Oreal.....

on 2/8/2015 3:25:00 PM

I really enjoy this as a daytime moisturizer/SPF over any serum and under a light foundation. It's lightweight and blends in easily. It's slightly tinted and leaves a clean matt finish with no stickiness at all. Well packaged in a tube and easy to dispense. Highly recommend.

on 2/2/2015 10:26:00 AM

I got a sample and wanted to love this, but it's just not right for me. I mostly like what's in it (and what's not in it) but it leaves a scummy type coating on my skin and clung to a few dry patches. It smells relatively neutral, but slightly metallic? It DID do a good job of keeping my face relatively matte all day, so for someone not living in New England winter it may be a winner. It's heavy on dimethicone, and although I can tolerate dimethicone at lower concentrations, I did get a few whiteheads on my otherwise calm skin after two days of wearing this (and changing nothing else). Not for me, sadly! I'll be finishing my Missha All Around Safe Block Mild Essence Sun Milk for now and courting new fragrance-free options elsewhere.

on 1/30/2015 12:44:00 PM

I have tried and loved Paula's products so when it was time to replace my daily use sunscreen, I checked out Paula. I wanted something with a high-enough SPF for Florida and lucky for me I don't have to pay a whole bunch of attention to the ingredients. Just happy she does not test on animals and that the refund policy is very good.
Anyway, 30 SPF should be enough for daily use, meaning environmental exposure, walking to car, casual outdoor time. Any more exposure than that I always go to a "real" sunscreen.
The packaging is fab, its a narrow tip tube that dispenses moderately so you don't get a big "SPLOOSH" out. The color to me is a cream-ish/white; other reviewers say this shows up on your skin but I don't notice it. I hope I'm using enough! Feel is smooth but not silky/silicone.
It leaves my skin slightly matte, which I like. Then I use Paula's tinted sunscreen..I know, I know, that sounds like overkill but I don't want alot of color, and I do so like her products. I'm very diligent when using the RESIST, I use it everyday even if I don't put on any other makeup. Just part of my routine. It seems to stay fairly matte thruout the day, but I do finish my routine with Lucy's Minerals, so it could be that too. Paula's has not failed me; my daughter is using the acne products and having very good results too.