February 26, 2015 | 1737 users online

Sunscreen - Paula's Choice - RESIST Super-Light Daily Wrinkle Defense SPF 30

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2015 3:25:00 PM More reviews by sdg13

I really enjoy this as a daytime moisturizer/SPF over any serum and under a light foundation. It's lightweight and blends in easily. It's slightly tinted and leaves a clean matt finish with no stickiness at all. Well packaged in a tube and easy to dispense. Highly recommend.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/2/2015 10:26:00 AM More reviews by poppynogood

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I got a sample and wanted to love this, but it's just not right for me. I mostly like what's in it (and what's not in it) but it leaves a scummy type coating on my skin and clung to a few dry patches. It smells relatively neutral, but slightly metallic? It DID do a good job of keeping my face relatively matte all day, so for someone not living in New England winter it may be a winner. It's heavy on dimethicone, and although I can tolerate dimethicone at lower concentrations, I did get a few whiteheads on my otherwise calm skin after two days of wearing this (and changing nothing else). Not for me, sadly! I'll be finishing my Missha All Around Safe Block Mild Essence Sun Milk for now and courting new fragrance-free options elsewhere.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2015 12:44:00 PM More reviews by 1_more_mile

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have tried and loved Paula's products so when it was time to replace my daily use sunscreen, I checked out Paula. I wanted something with a high-enough SPF for Florida and lucky for me I don't have to pay a whole bunch of attention to the ingredients. Just happy she does not test on animals and that the refund policy is very good.
Anyway, 30 SPF should be enough for daily use, meaning environmental exposure, walking to car, casual outdoor time. Any more exposure than that I always go to a "real" sunscreen.
The packaging is fab, its a narrow tip tube that dispenses moderately so you don't get a big "SPLOOSH" out. The color to me is a cream-ish/white; other reviewers say this shows up on your skin but I don't notice it. I hope I'm using enough! Feel is smooth but not silky/silicone.
It leaves my skin slightly matte, which I like. Then I use Paula's tinted sunscreen..I know, I know, that sounds like overkill but I don't want alot of color, and I do so like her products. I'm very diligent when using the RESIST, I use it everyday even if I don't put on any other makeup. Just part of my routine. It seems to stay fairly matte thruout the day, but I do finish my routine with Lucy's Minerals, so it could be that too. Paula's has not failed me; my daughter is using the acne products and having very good results too.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/30/2015 10:51:00 AM More reviews by Nitala

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am very conflicted on this sunscreen. I wish it had higher UVA protection like French or Asian sunscreens (but I blame the FDA for that, not Paula's Choice). HOWEVER, everything else about this sunscreen is perfect.

First, there is no greasiness at all. It reminds me a lot of those "liquid-to-powder" foundations. It feels like it dries down immediately, similarly to Asian sunscreens except Paula somehow manages to do it without the alcohol. Amazing.

Second, it is slightly tinted so I actually stopped wearing tinted moisturizer. I wear the proper amount (1/4 tsp) and it does NOT look cakey at all, unlike tinted moisturizers with SPF if I try to wear the same amount. There's no white cast at all. However, I am NC20. I can see the tint being a problem for darker skintones.

Also, no fragrance! Yay!

The only reason I will stick to French and Asian sunscreens is the superior UVA protection. I am still on the hunt for the perfect sunscreen, but this one has come closer to perfect than any other sunscreen I have tried.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2015 5:47:00 AM More reviews by mariamadalina

I find this the best mineral based sunscreen for oily skin. I tried other PC products also but this is the only one that doesn't make my face oily at midday. Also in my opinion this could be a perfect makeup primer as the foundations settles and stay there perfectly.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2015 7:15:00 PM More reviews by jechaorre

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Just bought this as my moisturizer after reading good reviews. I have very oily skin and this is my HG for a moisturizer before my makeup. I applied some on after washing my makeup off last night and woke up this morning still matte! Amazing product. It does have an interesting tint to it but once you apply your foundation over it, it blends right in. Please never discontinue!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/12/2015 11:46:00 PM More reviews by frankyt

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I like the consistency of this; it feels creamy but is still mattifying without drying me out. You also can't beat the broad spectrum UV protection. Because it's mineral based, it's gentle enough to use on the eye area. My only complaint about this that the tint does not work for all skin tones as Paula's Choice claims. It is too dark for me, and I imagine it must be too light for people with darker skin. It would be great if this were sold in multiple shades.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2015 3:35:00 PM More reviews by DKER

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'm always on the hunt for a zinc based facial sun screen that blends right I to my light Olive-y skin tone. so based on reviews I decided to give this a try......and a miss.

It's a nice texture, and non irritating. A bit dehydrating for winter, but would be good in summer.

Except.....it's just too pink. And a touch light...like the tint is really meant for people with super fair complexions. It's not universal at all. It's for pale, cool toned fair skinned folks.

If I am going to have to add the extra step of a product on top to correct color, I don't see why I need to start with a $29 per small tube of sunscreen. Blue lizard face is super whitening,mouth less drying and cheaper. MD solar sciences bb cream is a bit more expensive, but the tint is dead on.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2015 10:15:00 AM More reviews by iloveurbandecay

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I stockpile this product because I don't ever want to be without. It's my go-to sunscreen. I have tried other face SPFs from higher-price boutique brands but I keep returning to this particular product because:

1) price is reasonable
2) I trust Paula with regards to effective overall UVA/UVB sun protection
3) the product is not tested on animals.

I literally have ordered five at a time when this product goes on sale. It's fabulous for oily skin, as it mattifies slightly but certainly doesn't add any oiliness. It's gorgeous under foundation or with no foundation at all.

I highly recommend. One of the best Paula's Choice products there is, in my opinion.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2015 9:11:00 AM More reviews by Miek

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Very nice SPF that does not feel greasy, sticky, itchy or gives me teary eyes. No white face upon application! It has a nice matte effect, but is not very moisturizing (maybe it is enough in summer, though). I do need some kind of cream underneath, especially during winter. I even can go without foundation since this has a bit of a neutral colour. Just some concealer here and there and I am good to go! Good job Paula Begoun!