Paula's Choice RESIST Super-Light Daily Wrinkle Defense SPF 30

4.3

Not tested on animals

Active Ingredient: Zinc Oxide 13% (broad-spectrum sunscreen agent). Other Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane (silicone slip agent), PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone (silicone-based thickener), Dimethicone Crosspolymer (silicone suspending agent), PEG-12 Dimethicone (silicone-based thickener), Resveratrol, Quercetin, Epigallocatechin Gallate (antioxidants), Tocopheryl Acetate (vitamin E/antioxidant), Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate (vitamin C/antioxidant), Adenosine (cell-communicating ingredient), Lauroyl Lysine (skin-conditioning agent), Bisabolol (anti-irritant), Trihydroxystearin (thickener), Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract (anti-irritant), Punica Granatum (Pomegranate) Extract (antioxidant), Haemstococcus Pluvialis Extract (astaxanthin/antioxidant), Hydrolyzed Corn Starch (thickener/mattifying agent), Polysorbate 80 (emulsifier), Hydrolyzed Silica (thickener/mattifying agent), Triethoxycaprylylsilane (silicone-based binding agent), C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate (emollient thickener), Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate (texture enhancer), Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol (preservatives), Sodium Chloride (stabilizer), Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenoxyethanol (preservatives), Iron Oxides (natural pigment).

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Okay. I've only been using this stuff for a few days, so my review is probably premature, but I'm in like with it so far! I've always slacked about using SPF face products in the past, because 1) the smell, and 2) they always leave a greasy film behind. This product rubs in very easily, my skin absorbs it like water, and the scent is minimal.

I only have one issue. It's slightly tinted, which would likely be a problem for women with darker complexions. I put it on under foundation/bb cream, so I don't have an issue with the tint. I can get away with this during the winter, but in the summer my skin will definitely be too dark to wear this moisturizer alone with no face makeup. And since I hardly wear makeup in the summer, I'd have no use for this product.

Giving it three lippies since I can't use this all year 'round.

$10 OFF the Paula's Choice website using this link: https://goo.gl/CLXkGf - it's legit. No catch! :)

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Moisturizer is very nice and hasn't caused any additional breakouts for me. I am almost done with my first tube and already placed the order for my second. I like the fact that it is tinted so I can get at least a little blurring of acne marks (it is not tinted deeply enough to provide coverage like foundation). It goes on smoothly and has reduced the amount of oil on my face which I like. My only issue is that it doesn't last too long. It lasts about 2 months of using everyday. If you are interested in purchasing and would like $10 off your first order please feel free to use the link https://goo.gl/15EKnq

Works like no other sunscreen I've used. I have combo skin and this works perfectly under foundation helping to keep my t-zone shine free. Highly recommend. Always come back to this after trying other sun protection products.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I am required to use a sunscreen as noted by my physician because I use Retin-A, Benzoyl Peroxide, and Clindamycin (and birth control) to control my adult hormonal acne from hell. I hate sunscreen because none of them that I've tried does a good job at protecting my skin and they feel horribly sticky/oily. This is the only sunscreen I can use that does not burn the hell out of my skin (due to chemical sunscreen) or turn me white as a ghost (due to physical sunscreen) or make my skin feel sticky/oily. The tint used to reduce the white cast from the zinc oxide provide enough color to do the job well and I have cafe au lait colored skin. It goes on like a cream and mattifies very quickly to make your skin feel dry. I use this consistently, daily and have noticed my sun spots fading (thank you Retin-A as well). It also has antioxidants that are supposed to fight free radical damage to the skin; I'm still not sold on this so I don't care much about the antioxidant ingredients, as long as they don't make me break out (which they don't). My only wish is that they included Titanium Dioxide along with the Zinc Oxide to provide a better full spectrum physical sunscreen that can repel the rays from a supernova. Until that time, I will continue to use this product cause it gives me life.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I guess this is a BB cream as it has some tint and provides a bit of coverage & blurring for me. I've been using it since summer and found it keeps the oil at bay. It is a bit drying during the winter months, so I blend it about 50/50 with Paula's Choice RESIST Ultra-Light Super Antioxidant Concentrate Serum. It works great by itself or beneath a light layer of mineral powder foundation. It is the best sunscreen option I have found when trying to wear make-up, so it's worth the price to me.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This is the only foundation that I have found to be light enough for my fair skin. Love the sheer coverage, moisturizer and sunscreen.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

i love paula's product, i use several of her products
but i really hate this sunblock, because its whitecast, a big no no for me
it doesnt break me out, control my oil, need serum/moisturizer before apply this, because it can be so dry and hard to apply in the face

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is an awesome sunscreen for oily/combo skins! I would imagine if you had dry skin you would need to use a moisturizer under this, but I have pretty oily skin and I use it on its own.

Texture: I thought this would be a watery texture because of the name, but it's actually quite thick. It can take a while to blend it in to your skin if you're using the amount you should be using to make sunscreen effective. However, once it's on your skin it definitely feels lightweight!

Finish: matte, matte, matte! Love this as it works great as a makeup primer. It's hard to find this in most sunscreens. This is by far my favorite part about this sunscreen.

Coverage: This product does have a tint to it. Some say that this does't provide any coverage on the skin, but I definitely think it sort of "blurs" out my skin. Almost feels like I'm wearing a very light coverage tinted moisturizer.

I've had no breakouts or reactions from this product. The only reason I'm not giving it the full 5 lippies is because it goes by quickly (if you're using the amount you should!) so it can be pricey. If you want to get 10$ off your first order on PC, here's a link to a promo code you can use https://goo.gl/Y5KKoc

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is one of my all-time holy grails of any product ever. I have severely dry skin with plenty of eczema, yet I also get an oily t-zone, especially in warm weather. It is very hard to find products to satisfy my entire face. I used to use Clinique City Block Sheer with great success, but they must have changed the formula because now it triggers my eczema.

The Resist Super-light is a mineral sunscreen/tinted moisturizer that dries down matte but does not dry out my skin in any way. I do use a good moisturizer underneath, as my skin is VERY dry. It is slightly tinted so no white cast. It does even out the skin tone ever so slightly, as any tinted moisturizer would do. It would be great if they came out with different shades, but honestly it is so sheer you can't even notice that it leans pink (the tint is there to neutralize the white cast). It is amazing for eczema prone skin, or any skin! I can use this in the summer or Canadian winter. Feels like nothing on the face. Loaded with antioxidants. Love love love!!!

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

There are only a handful of products that I repurchase. Usually I shop around trying to find something better - ever hopeful. I'm giving this 5 lippies because I'm repurchasing.

It just seems to do exactly what it's supposed to do for me. Even though it's only very lightly tinted (hardly at all really), it instantly makes my skin look a little better. On the weekends, I can go with this project with no other face makeup. For work I wear either liquid foundation over it, or powder, and it plays well with both. (With the exception of my Armani foundation which doesn't go well over anything else, so I don't blame this Resist sunscreen for that problem).

It's not shiny, but also not too matte - i.e., it doesn't look dry and powdery. And it doesn't cause me to break out.

The only downside is the price, which seems a little high for the size of the tube. But still, I throw away so much product that doesn't work, paying this price for something I will actually use makes it worthwhile.

I'm in my 60's, so I don't expect miracles. I'm just happy when something works for me.