Paula's Choice RESIST Super-Light Daily Wrinkle Defense SPF 30

4.3

Not tested on animals

Active Ingredient: Zinc Oxide 13% (broad-spectrum sunscreen agent). Other Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane (silicone slip agent), PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone (silicone-based thickener), Dimethicone Crosspolymer (silicone suspending agent), PEG-12 Dimethicone (silicone-based thickener), Resveratrol, Quercetin, Epigallocatechin Gallate (antioxidants), Tocopheryl Acetate (vitamin E/antioxidant), Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate (vitamin C/antioxidant), Adenosine (cell-communicating ingredient), Lauroyl Lysine (skin-conditioning agent), Bisabolol (anti-irritant), Trihydroxystearin (thickener), Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract (anti-irritant), Punica Granatum (Pomegranate) Extract (antioxidant), Haemstococcus Pluvialis Extract (astaxanthin/antioxidant), Hydrolyzed Corn Starch (thickener/mattifying agent), Polysorbate 80 (emulsifier), Hydrolyzed Silica (thickener/mattifying agent), Triethoxycaprylylsilane (silicone-based binding agent), C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate (emollient thickener), Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate (texture enhancer), Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol (preservatives), Sodium Chloride (stabilizer), Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenoxyethanol (preservatives), Iron Oxides (natural pigment).

on 3/11/2015 5:56:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

It's probably the only sunscreen I will ever use because it's simply the best. If you prefer mineral sunscreens, there are no other sunscreens to match the quality of this one. Think of it like a lotion-to-powder formula. You blend it out like a normal lotion and after about a minute it's as weightless as powder. I apply a LOT of this and it is never heavy or patchy. There's no white cast like other mineral sunscreens because of the slight tint. The tint is a little light for me but it matches to my skin tone after a few minutes. There's also an added plus of anti-ageing ingredients in it.

on 3/2/2015 3:10:00 AM

Pros - The tint isn't obtrusive. It isn't quite on the level of a BB cream. Instead, it is meant to prevent the "white cast" that otherwise comes with mineral sunscreens - and I actually love the very sheer tint. Very gentle, even around the eyes. Leaves a dewy, semi-matte finish.

Cons - Small amount for the price, considering that you must use liberally to get proper sun protection. Not moisturizing enough for dry skin without using a separate moisturizer. Unfortunately, there is no comparable PC product for dry skin.

Due to the size/price ratio and the fact that I must use a separate moisturizer, I'm currently looking for a different product. If PC elected to make this in a larger size, for a better price, and in a formula suitable for dry to very dry skin, it would be my HG.

on 3/1/2015 2:38:00 PM

For me, this is the same as a BB or CC. The color is a good match and all I do is apply powder (Flower PP1, Prestige in Wheat, or Nuance in Light/Medium) when this has been brushed on. I am an NW20 and all of these work since they're so neutral. Nice, right? Well, since the Resist is $29.00 and there are so many other, less costly, options out there, I wouldn't waste my money on this. Paula's products are just what she used to target other companies for. Soon she'll be selling out to Estee Lauder or L'Oreal.....

on 2/8/2015 3:25:00 PM

I really enjoy this as a daytime moisturizer/SPF over any serum and under a light foundation. It's lightweight and blends in easily. It's slightly tinted and leaves a clean matt finish with no stickiness at all. Well packaged in a tube and easy to dispense. Highly recommend.

on 2/2/2015 10:26:00 AM

I got a sample and wanted to love this, but it's just not right for me. I mostly like what's in it (and what's not in it) but it leaves a scummy type coating on my skin and clung to a few dry patches. It smells relatively neutral, but slightly metallic? It DID do a good job of keeping my face relatively matte all day, so for someone not living in New England winter it may be a winner. It's heavy on dimethicone, and although I can tolerate dimethicone at lower concentrations, I did get a few whiteheads on my otherwise calm skin after two days of wearing this (and changing nothing else). Not for me, sadly! I'll be finishing my Missha All Around Safe Block Mild Essence Sun Milk for now and courting new fragrance-free options elsewhere.

on 1/30/2015 12:44:00 PM

I have tried and loved Paula's products so when it was time to replace my daily use sunscreen, I checked out Paula. I wanted something with a high-enough SPF for Florida and lucky for me I don't have to pay a whole bunch of attention to the ingredients. Just happy she does not test on animals and that the refund policy is very good.
Anyway, 30 SPF should be enough for daily use, meaning environmental exposure, walking to car, casual outdoor time. Any more exposure than that I always go to a "real" sunscreen.
The packaging is fab, its a narrow tip tube that dispenses moderately so you don't get a big "SPLOOSH" out. The color to me is a cream-ish/white; other reviewers say this shows up on your skin but I don't notice it. I hope I'm using enough! Feel is smooth but not silky/silicone.
It leaves my skin slightly matte, which I like. Then I use Paula's tinted sunscreen..I know, I know, that sounds like overkill but I don't want alot of color, and I do so like her products. I'm very diligent when using the RESIST, I use it everyday even if I don't put on any other makeup. Just part of my routine. It seems to stay fairly matte thruout the day, but I do finish my routine with Lucy's Minerals, so it could be that too. Paula's has not failed me; my daughter is using the acne products and having very good results too.

on 1/30/2015 10:51:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I am very conflicted on this sunscreen. I wish it had higher UVA protection like French or Asian sunscreens (but I blame the FDA for that, not Paula's Choice). HOWEVER, everything else about this sunscreen is perfect.

First, there is no greasiness at all. It reminds me a lot of those "liquid-to-powder" foundations. It feels like it dries down immediately, similarly to Asian sunscreens except Paula somehow manages to do it without the alcohol. Amazing.

Second, it is slightly tinted so I actually stopped wearing tinted moisturizer. I wear the proper amount (1/4 tsp) and it does NOT look cakey at all, unlike tinted moisturizers with SPF if I try to wear the same amount. There's no white cast at all. However, I am NC20. I can see the tint being a problem for darker skintones.

Also, no fragrance! Yay!

The only reason I will stick to French and Asian sunscreens is the superior UVA protection. I am still on the hunt for the perfect sunscreen, but this one has come closer to perfect than any other sunscreen I have tried.

I find this the best mineral based sunscreen for oily skin. I tried other PC products also but this is the only one that doesn't make my face oily at midday. Also in my opinion this could be a perfect makeup primer as the foundations settles and stay there perfectly.

on 1/21/2015 7:15:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Just bought this as my moisturizer after reading good reviews. I have very oily skin and this is my HG for a moisturizer before my makeup. I applied some on after washing my makeup off last night and woke up this morning still matte! Amazing product. It does have an interesting tint to it but once you apply your foundation over it, it blends right in. Please never discontinue!

on 1/12/2015 11:46:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I like the consistency of this; it feels creamy but is still mattifying without drying me out. You also can't beat the broad spectrum UV protection. Because it's mineral based, it's gentle enough to use on the eye area. My only complaint about this that the tint does not work for all skin tones as Paula's Choice claims. It is too dark for me, and I imagine it must be too light for people with darker skin. It would be great if this were sold in multiple shades.