September 16, 2014 | 1528 users online

Sunscreen - Paula's Choice - RESIST Super-Light Wrinkle Defense SPF 30

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2014 7:07:00 PM More reviews by amyhuskiewicz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have been using this practically since it came out. It is my HG, desert island product. No joke! This evens out my pale skin, has a finish that somehow looks better than my real skin and doesn't irritate me at all - not even around the eyes. I love that it has anxtioxidants and physical sunblock. I love that it doesn't have fragrance or alcohol or a mix of physical and chemical, or all-chemical sunblockers. I also love that it has never separated in the tube (like natural peanut butter, I find some physical sunscreens separate in the tube, what a mess!).
I have to wear serum and/or moisturizer under this, which I recommend for the drier folks. This sunscreen has never balled up over them. It probably takes longer to set, though. It works fine under concealer, blush (cream and powder) and does not appear to oxidize on me. I don't generally wear foundation, so I cannot say how this would work beneath it. I can say that I really don't need any foundation when I have this. It is a lovely tinted face treatment that evens out my imperfections quite well on its own.
While not as elegant-appearing as the price tag might suggest, I do like the practical stand-on-its-head squeeze tube that this come in with its flip-top cap and its ingredients helpfully listed on the back. It stands up, nice and sturdy, and for us klutzes, it's pretty hard to accidentally knock it over. And if you do, nice, non-shattering plastic keeps it safe. For me, this is an absolute must-have. It has everything I ever wanted in a sunscreen. And nothing I don't.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2014 4:47:00 AM More reviews by Elfinoz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This goes on without leaving a white cast owing to the tint they added to it. It doesn't quite have a matte finish, more of a demi matte and it leaves a tacky feel to the skin but it doesn't feel heavy. For me this works great as a makeup base/primer. Once I apply my foundation and powder over this it holds up well and lasts all day without too much oil being visible on the skin. Probably not hydrating enough if your skin is on the dry side, but if your skin is on the oily side of normal and you're looking for a physical sunscreen this is definitely worth a try.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2014 11:52:00 AM More reviews by jhenley

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

AMAZING product. It doesn't leave a white cast (Like the Hydralight SPF 30 did on my face). Instead it is slightly tinted so it doesn't look white at all, and it does the job.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2014 5:50:00 AM More reviews by ammit1984

This is a HG product for me.
I have pale skin with warm undertones, I'm usually the lighest shade in foundations or the second lightest, I have hyper pigmentation, am somewhat acne prone (hormonal) and my skin is combination leaning greasy or oily depending on how it feels on that particular day.

This product is one of the more pricey sunscreens that i've bought, but I am always lured by promises of a multi-tasker. Tint, moisture and protection in one sounded good to me along with the brand being well known for no-nonsense beneficial formulas. I'd recommend this wholeheartedly to all my friends, but mostly to people who have similar traits to me that I listed above. This is a desert island product for me, sometimes it doesn't give me enough moisture I'll admit, but a serum underneath soon resolves that issue (a fast absorbing one that just provides moisture like Caudalies SOS serum).

I'd never tried Paulas choice products before, but I've got to be honest and say that they have changed my life in terms of my skin. I've used BHA gel most nights and this in the day (along with AHA 10% once a week) and my hormonal spots have gone. I was getting to the point where I honestly did not know what I would do, I was fed up of big painful spots on my face and for months now I haven't had a single one, if I do then the BHA zaps them in a matter of days with minimal scarring. I spent a lot of money on her website and there isn't really a single product that I don't like or won't finish up completely.

This sunscreen in particular is one of my absolute fave products though. LOVE.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2014 2:07:00 AM More reviews by Musetta1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I usually can't use pure zinc sunscreens- after a few days my skin dries out and flakes big time. However, this sunscreen causes no problems at all, and I love the fact that it is formulated with zinc. The tint works well with my fair, neutral-warm skin tone, evening out my skintone. Typically mineral sunblocks give me a very ghastly mauve-white glow, so that's another nice change. No breakouts, no sensitivity, this is a good product.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2014 11:02:00 PM More reviews by w35p

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

A very nice tinted sunscreen that works well on my NC20ish skin. I like that it gives good physical protection without making my face ghastly white. I find it to be a slight bit drying, but it hasn't been a problem in the hot, humid NYC summer. I probably won't be able to use this in the winter becase of this, though. I also like that this doesn't leave a shiny finish to my skin, and that I don't have to apply powder over it. My face usually tends to become very oily throughout the day, but I've noticed that this helps to keep the oiliness at bay, and I only ned to blot my T-zone once during the day to combat the shine. Overall, I'm very pleased with this ss, I just wish it was a little bit more moisturizing. I've used many physical sunscreens in the past, and this is the best one I've tried.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/2/2014 5:55:00 PM More reviews by nicola31

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I would have been absolutely thrilled with this product 10 years ago when my skin was extremely oily. However I now have combination skin with an oily t-zone only and quite dry on cheeks. This was recommended for oily combination and normal skin but it is not very moisturising so I think it's best for more oily types. I cannot wear this under my double wear foundation as the two together are too drying however this is not an issue for me in the summer months as I like to wear a tinted moisturiser then. However I love this product for what it has done for my skin. My skin looks radiant and the brown spots that were plaguing me since having my son are starting to fade. It acts as a great base for my tinted moisturiser helping it to last all day long. The only reason I took a star off is the lack of any moisture, I have to wear a serum under this but overall I'm happy and will repurchase again and again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2014 2:04:00 PM More reviews by ashleydutta

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I cannot sing this sunscreen's praises enough - LOVE it! I have been on the search for the perfect zinc oxide sunscreen for years. I have literally tried everything under the sun. I was about to give up because most zinc oxide sunscreens are either too white, too greasy, or too drying. Not this one.
It's ever so slightly tinted so that it's not white upon application. However, the tint is not orange or too dark like many sunscreens, and once it's applied it does not rub off on clothes, phones, etc. I had several tinted sunscreen that ruined some clothes, but this one doesn't have that problem.
It applies beautifully - my skin looks prettier with this on (it's not a foundation and doesn't really offer coverage, but just makes skin look a little more even & healthy). It serves as a perfect base for makeup. It doesn't slide around after a few hours of wear like may z.o. sunscreens do.
It is slightly hydrating, so that some days I skip the moisturizer underneath. It has never dried my skin out like many z.o. sunscreens. And it's not greasy at all!
It doesn't clog my pores or break me out, either.
And finally it provides good UVA coverage with 13% zinc oxide. I wouldn't wear it for a day on the beach, but for everday wear, it's perfect.
This is the first Paula's Choice product I've really liked - most don't work for me. Glad finally something does as the ingredients are good and her line is affordable.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2014 11:53:00 AM More reviews by snowbird53

After trying several "physical sunscreens" and thinking I would never find one that I liked I found myself on Paula's website and purchased this. I love it. My skin is normal and I've had no dryness problems with this It has a very slight tint to it. It's moisturizing and my make up goes on very smoothly over this. It is higher priced than what's at the drugstore, but Paula has sales frequently and I recently found it for less on dermstore web site.

9/13/2014 after using for several months I'm not liking this as much as I did initially. It does look kind of "masky" toward the end of the day. I think if you don't need foundation on top you might have better luck than I did with this. I've started using Andalou Naturals All In One Beauty Balm which is also a physical sunscreen/moisturizer and have been very pleased with the results.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/29/2014 5:28:00 AM More reviews by missbee1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Dried out my skin completely. Stay away if u have sensitive dehydrated skin. Broke me out in small red bumps. Horrible!!!!!