January 25, 2015 | 2048 users online

Sunscreen - Paula's Choice - RESIST Super-Light Daily Wrinkle Defense SPF 30

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2015 7:15:00 PM More reviews by jechaorre

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Just bought this as my moisturizer after reading good reviews. I have very oily skin and this is my HG for a moisturizer before my makeup. I applied some on after washing my makeup off last night and woke up this morning still matte! Amazing product. It does have an interesting tint to it but once you apply your foundation over it, it blends right in. Please never discontinue!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/12/2015 11:46:00 PM More reviews by frankyt

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I like the consistency of this; it feels creamy but is still mattifying without drying me out. You also can't beat the broad spectrum UV protection. Because it's mineral based, it's gentle enough to use on the eye area. My only complaint about this that the tint does not work for all skin tones as Paula's Choice claims. It is too dark for me, and I imagine it must be too light for people with darker skin. It would be great if this were sold in multiple shades.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2015 3:35:00 PM More reviews by DKER

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'm always on the hunt for a zinc based facial sun screen that blends right I to my light Olive-y skin tone. so based on reviews I decided to give this a try......and a miss.

It's a nice texture, and non irritating. A bit dehydrating for winter, but would be good in summer.

Except.....it's just too pink. And a touch light...like the tint is really meant for people with super fair complexions. It's not universal at all. It's for pale, cool toned fair skinned folks.

If I am going to have to add the extra step of a product on top to correct color, I don't see why I need to start with a $29 per small tube of sunscreen. Blue lizard face is super whitening,mouth less drying and cheaper. MD solar sciences bb cream is a bit more expensive, but the tint is dead on.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2015 10:15:00 AM More reviews by iloveurbandecay

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I stockpile this product because I don't ever want to be without. It's my go-to sunscreen. I have tried other face SPFs from higher-price boutique brands but I keep returning to this particular product because:

1) price is reasonable
2) I trust Paula with regards to effective overall UVA/UVB sun protection
3) the product is not tested on animals.

I literally have ordered five at a time when this product goes on sale. It's fabulous for oily skin, as it mattifies slightly but certainly doesn't add any oiliness. It's gorgeous under foundation or with no foundation at all.

I highly recommend. One of the best Paula's Choice products there is, in my opinion.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2015 9:11:00 AM More reviews by Miek

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Very nice SPF that does not feel greasy, sticky, itchy or gives me teary eyes. No white face upon application! It has a nice matte effect, but is not very moisturizing (maybe it is enough in summer, though). I do need some kind of cream underneath, especially during winter. I even can go without foundation since this has a bit of a neutral colour. Just some concealer here and there and I am good to go! Good job Paula Begoun!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2014 3:50:00 PM More reviews by Marie76

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

How I love this product. It really feels light but slightly moisturising, have worn this in cold weather without becoming dry and flaky. The slight tint helps and the lotion feels gorgeous on the skin.
It's like a light moisturising version of my adored Clinique's City block, that I use in the summer.
Love.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/17/2014 1:59:00 PM More reviews by jackietaylor135

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I REALLY wanted to love this product as I love a lot of other Paula's Choice products. However, it made me break out in cystic acne (which I haven't had in years). I also found the tint was a little too light for my skin tone. So, I ended up looking a little chalky/cakey after I put my regular powder over top. I'm a huge lover of PC face washes and sunscreens but this one just didn't fit the bill for me!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/14/2014 9:32:00 PM More reviews by juliaesands

This is a terrific moisturizer. I was a little skeptical at first because I'm very devoted to my drugstore choices, Neutrogena and Cerave, but I had a sample of this and the texture blew me away. It's a very light lotion and it's faintly tinted- not enough to give me any significant color as a NW20, light-medium complexion. I think those who are lighter than me might notice more of a difference with the tint. At any rate, the lotion is tinted slightly I think to cover up the white-ish cast that lotions with sun protection tend to have. This is very effective. The texture is light and fluffy and the squeeze container (pointed down) is a perfect second to having an air-pump. On me, the lotion absorbs very fast and leaves a wonderful silky (but not silicone-y) feel to my skin. It feels hydrated and clean. Perfect for all the seasons but maybe in the most humid or coldest weather I might need to change up for something lighter or heavier respectively. A great buy- $29 for 2 oz which should last me a good three months with 1x/daily use.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2014 2:13:00 PM More reviews by ashleywilkes

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Doesn't dry out my skin and doesn't break me out. More importantly, I can wear this on my neck and my chest with out it burning and itching like crazy. Even the Blue Lizard "chemical free" stuff caused an allergic reaction on my neck and chest when I wore it. When I first received the sample of this, the pink tint turned me off. I have a yellow, tan tone on my Asian skin and I didn't think it work, but once it settled, I didn't even need to wear any foundation. All I needed was some concealer under my eyes and a dab of blush or bronzer. I also jog with this stuff on. Paula's staff said it's somewhat waterproof and their right. I job 3 to 4 miles in LA heat and still see the film on my face when I'm done. I love this stuff.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2014 8:36:00 AM More reviews by Emma13

OK basically this is a very nice sunscreen with one major drawback (apart from price).It has 13% zinc oxide as active ingredient, which is unusual but nice for those of us who are not fans of titanium dioxide or chemical agents. I would prefer a higher SPF, but possibly this is a question of cosmetic elegance of the end product because zinc oxide in high concentrations is quite thick and claggy. So, OK for an everyday s/s but not to go out in the sun (I have melasma).

It is indeed very light in texture and easy to apply. There is no discernible shine. The texture is not moisturising though, so for my combination skin I still need to apply a light moisturizer underneath.

Now the downside: the tint is anything but natural - it's actually a greyish pink! Seriously, on my pale yellow toned skin it looks just awful. It is very sheer, true - but it still does have a subtle effect. Please Paula, why can't you create a pale yellow option for those of us who have yellow-toned skin (or need a bit of subtle colour correcting, i.e. the pink face-yellow neck syndrome...) !! Do that and I swear, I'll buy this by the cartload. As it is, alas, I won't.