August 1, 2014 | 1603 users online

Sunscreen - Paula's Choice - RESIST Super-Light Wrinkle Defense SPF 30

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2014 5:50:00 AM More reviews by ammit1984

This is a HG product for me.
I have pale skin with warm undertones, I'm usually the lighest shade in foundations or the second lightest, I have hyper pigmentation, am somewhat acne prone (hormonal) and my skin is combination leaning greasy or oily depending on how it feels on that particular day.

This product is one of the more pricey sunscreens that i've bought, but I am always lured by promises of a multi-tasker. Tint, moisture and protection in one sounded good to me along with the brand being well known for no-nonsense beneficial formulas. I'd recommend this wholeheartedly to all my friends, but mostly to people who have similar traits to me that I listed above. This is a desert island product for me, sometimes it doesn't give me enough moisture I'll admit, but a serum underneath soon resolves that issue (a fast absorbing one that just provides moisture like Caudalies SOS serum).

I'd never tried Paulas choice products before, but I've got to be honest and say that they have changed my life in terms of my skin. I've used BHA gel most nights and this in the day (along with AHA 10% once a week) and my hormonal spots have gone. I was getting to the point where I honestly did not know what I would do, I was fed up of big painful spots on my face and for months now I haven't had a single one, if I do then the BHA zaps them in a matter of days with minimal scarring. I spent a lot of money on her website and there isn't really a single product that I don't like or won't finish up completely.

This sunscreen in particular is one of my absolute fave products though. LOVE.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2014 2:07:00 AM More reviews by Musetta1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I usually can't use pure zinc sunscreens- after a few days my skin dries out and flakes big time. However, this sunscreen causes no problems at all, and I love the fact that it is formulated with zinc. The tint works well with my fair, neutral-warm skin tone, evening out my skintone. Typically mineral sunblocks give me a very ghastly mauve-white glow, so that's another nice change. No breakouts, no sensitivity, this is a good product.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2014 11:02:00 PM More reviews by w35p

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

A very nice tinted sunscreen that works well on my NC20ish skin. I like that it gives good physical protection without making my face ghastly white. I find it to be a slight bit drying, but it hasn't been a problem in the hot, humid NYC summer. I probably won't be able to use this in the winter becase of this, though. I also like that this doesn't leave a shiny finish to my skin, and that I don't have to apply powder over it. My face usually tends to become very oily throughout the day, but I've noticed that this helps to keep the oiliness at bay, and I only ned to blot my T-zone once during the day to combat the shine. Overall, I'm very pleased with this ss, I just wish it was a little bit more moisturizing. I've used many physical sunscreens in the past, and this is the best one I've tried.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/2/2014 5:55:00 PM More reviews by nicola31

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I would have been absolutely thrilled with this product 10 years ago when my skin was extremely oily. However I now have combination skin with an oily t-zone only and quite dry on cheeks. This was recommended for oily combination and normal skin but it is not very moisturising so I think it's best for more oily types. I cannot wear this under my double wear foundation as the two together are too drying however this is not an issue for me in the summer months as I like to wear a tinted moisturiser then. However I love this product for what it has done for my skin. My skin looks radiant and the brown spots that were plaguing me since having my son are starting to fade. It acts as a great base for my tinted moisturiser helping it to last all day long. The only reason I took a star off is the lack of any moisture, I have to wear a serum under this but overall I'm happy and will repurchase again and again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2014 2:04:00 PM More reviews by ashleydutta

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I cannot sing this sunscreen's praises enough - LOVE it! I have been on the search for the perfect zinc oxide sunscreen for years. I have literally tried everything under the sun. I was about to give up because most zinc oxide sunscreens are either too white, too greasy, or too drying. Not this one.
It's ever so slightly tinted so that it's not white upon application. However, the tint is not orange or too dark like many sunscreens, and once it's applied it does not rub off on clothes, phones, etc. I had several tinted sunscreen that ruined some clothes, but this one doesn't have that problem.
It applies beautifully - my skin looks prettier with this on (it's not a foundation and doesn't really offer coverage, but just makes skin look a little more even & healthy). It serves as a perfect base for makeup. It doesn't slide around after a few hours of wear like may z.o. sunscreens do.
It is slightly hydrating, so that some days I skip the moisturizer underneath. It has never dried my skin out like many z.o. sunscreens. And it's not greasy at all!
It doesn't clog my pores or break me out, either.
And finally it provides good UVA coverage with 13% zinc oxide. I wouldn't wear it for a day on the beach, but for everday wear, it's perfect.
This is the first Paula's Choice product I've really liked - most don't work for me. Glad finally something does as the ingredients are good and her line is affordable.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2014 11:53:00 AM More reviews by snowbird53

After trying several "physical sunscreens" and thinking I would never find one that I liked I found myself on Paula's website and purchased this. I love it. My skin is normal and I've had no dryness problems with this It has a very slight tint to it. It's moisturizing and my make up goes on very smoothly over this. It is higher priced than what's at the drugstore, but Paula has sales frequently and I recently found it for less on dermstore web site.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/29/2014 5:28:00 AM More reviews by missbee1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Dried out my skin completely. Stay away if u have sensitive dehydrated skin. Broke me out in small red bumps. Horrible!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2014 3:32:00 PM More reviews by autumn95

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I will be ordering this again. This is perfect for my skin; looks pretty all day instead of greasy.

Full name is is Paula's Choice Resist Super-Light Wrinkle Defense SPF 30

Product Ingredients:

Active Ingredient: Zinc Oxide 13% (broad-spectrum sunscreen agent).

Other Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane (silicone slip agent), PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone (silicone-based thickener), Dimethicone Crosspolymer (silicone suspending agent), PEG-12 Dimethicone (silicone-based thickener), Resveratrol, Quercetin, Epigallocatechin Gallate (antioxidants), Tocopheryl Acetate (vitamin E/antioxidant), Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate (vitamin C/antioxidant), Adenosine (cell-communicating ingredient), Lauroyl Lysine (skin-conditioning agent), Bisabolol (anti-irritant), Trihydroxystearin (thickener), Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract (anti-irritant), Punica Granatum (Pomegranate) Extract (antioxidant), Haemstococcus Pluvialis Extract (astaxanthin/antioxidant), Hydrolyzed Corn Starch (thickener/mattifying agent), Polysorbate 80 (emulsifier), Hydrolyzed Silica (thickener/mattifying agent), Triethoxycaprylylsilane (silicone-based binding agent), C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate (emollient thickener), Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate (texture enhancer), Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol (preservatives), Sodium Chloride (stabilizer), Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenoxyethanol (preservatives), Iron Oxides (natural pigment).

From the website June 2014

I got samples (at $1.00 each) to try first. Absolutely loved this and I have tried dozens of sunscreens.

Light tint - appropriate for my fair skin
Satiny finish; slightly mat and compatible with my other makeup

Feels light; not greasy. Stays on and no need for frequent blotting.

I always order from PC and place a large enough order to qualify for free shipping. As I am in Canada; I pay $5.00 for brokerage fees. No other shipping charges. Never charged duty or surprise custom fees.

All PC products are not animal tested.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2014 9:24:00 PM More reviews by till17

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is by far the best facial sunscreen I have tried. I have very oily skin and most sunscreens leave me feeling like an oil slick, but not this one. I love that it is 13% zinc, which is quite high compared to other facial sunscreens on the market, but it doesn't leave any white caste like other zinc sunscreens I have tried. My only gripe is the price and small size. $27 dollars for a tiny 60ml tube is a bit much - however I will re-purchase as having a good sunscreen for your face that you actually like to use is so important.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2014 3:37:00 PM More reviews by thebobcat64

This left my skin with a nice matte finish, but it made me break out every time I tried it. I tried it three separate times with breaks in between and I broke out following each time. If you're not acne prone I'm sure it would work well for you.