October 30, 2014 | 1515 users online

Sunscreen - Paula's Choice - RESIST Super-Light Wrinkle Defense SPF 30

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2014 5:20:00 PM More reviews by Tushky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

WOOOW! This stuff is magic for oily skin! --It controls oil soooo well
-the color is a perfect match for me
-it feels light and not sticky as other mineral sunscreens do
-it is enough moisturizing for oily skin
-no clogged pores for me
-it is a perfect makeup base as it controls oil very well and the foundation looks so nice and stays put all day

PERFECT! I love it and I will buy it over and over again, even if the price+shipping in Europe are a little bit high.

Oily skinned people, this is for you!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2014 12:39:00 PM More reviews by Walko

I've tried to like this , I really have but it's not for me. When I was young I was plagued with oily skin ,if only this was available then. But at 57 this just sucks the moisture out of my skin.I'm not even dry, more normal these days , but to me this is a product for oily skin.This makes the skin around my eyes appear very crepey.However I'm not going to down this product. I feel it's a very good product, it's just not for me. Excellent sunscreen no alcohol or fragrance, and it contains antioxidants.If only I could use it as it is a zinc oxide only sunscreen and I've wanted one for ages.But I've gotten through a whole tube now and won't repurchase. Their is nothing moisturising about this at all. Leave this alone unless you are oily.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2014 6:33:00 PM More reviews by icceti

I have to agree with a previous reviewer, it is THE product for oily skin. I have NC25, extra sensitive, giant pores, super oily Asian skin. Makeup with silicon will slide off of my face after 4 hours. Minerals will sink into my pores and laugh lines. On weekends I don't want to use makeup so my skin can breath, but I still want to be able to put something quickly then go. For someone allergic to chemical sunscreens, I don't have a lot of good options. Until I found RESIST SUPER-LIGHT WRINKLE DEFENSE SPF 30.

The price isn't so bad, I bought this when Dermstore had a site wide sale, $27ish, for 2oz. Moisturizer and SPF with 13% zinc oxide as active ingredient. I can't comment on how well this protects against the sun. I don't burn, I tan and I tend to avoid the sun like a plague.

The smell, well, I have severe allergies, so my sense of smell is pretty tolerant. I barely smell anything. The lotion is very light in texture, lightly tinted and very easy to spread. Once it dries the shine will disappear, if you're impatient like me just top it with a light dusting of loose powder.

The tint is quite sheer, it will not cover your acne scars or redness like the area near your nostrils. But it is enough to even out my skin tone for errand running. Top it with a concealer is good enough for casual Fridays at work. It doesn't transfer as easily compare to CoTz, but it will come off say blow your nose with a tissue or lots of sweating.

It does moisturize, it doesn't have that super drying, flaky, yet greasy feeling many mineral base spfs give. Dust loose powder over it will last me all day with very little blotting needed if I run errands. If I sit in a AC room (the office) I will need to blot more often after 4 hours. BUT it won't slide off like some products! Because when I shower at night, I can still feel that mineral particles on my face. This will not last if you use it in a very humid, hot area, i.e. Hong Kong. I brought this and CoTz with me, I think i sweated through both...

Lastly it doesn't sink into my pores or lines which superb for me. Long review, but this is pretty good for gal with extremely oily and sensitive skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2014 4:27:00 PM More reviews by orchard

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I absolutely love this product. I have searched for so long for a moisturiser with spf that is matt and that doesn't go shiny after 2 hours and that doesn't sink into my pores. This is it. I have tried everything, and this is the best. Mac oil free lotion/DR. jart/Mac bb cream/clinique city block/bare minerals prep and prime / la roche posay/chanel spf 50 etc the list goes on they don't even come close to this. I am pretty pale and can get away with the tint in this moisturiser. I put it on and wait 10 minutes and it dries down almost completely and then I put on my makeup (bare minerals powder). I was using a primer over this but it looks better with just this and my makeup. This moisturiser also gives a bit of coverage if you want to wear it alone. And I love that I know im protected from the sun. My skin is super oily but I only have to top up with powder once a day now whereas before it was 3-4 times. One issue I have is with the cap on this, I find that after a few weeks of use it doesn't close back properly, there's a little gap left, and Im always afraid there is air getting in to compromise the sunscreen. Please make this product with a screw on cap!! The other issue is because I live in Europe and shipping costs 15 euros, the total price of this product for me is actually 46 euros (not 31) which is pricey along the chanel lines. But I wont even dock a mark for these issues as the product is so good!! This product gets holy grail status!!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2014 3:47:00 PM More reviews by dyssa0

This is the PERFECT sunscreen. I have combination skin and i love it, i dont feel it once i put it on, goes great under my makeup, it doesn't leave a white cast,, not oily, for me does not work as a moisturizer but i just put it on over my regular moisturizer and it is great. Just buy it!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2014 2:30:00 AM More reviews by Spiralunix

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

THE product for oily faces!!!
I never knew it was possible to live without an oily face before I discovered this amazing product. For oil control, this is an HG product. Until using this, all of the other make up products I had tried, whether a liquid, cream, powder, bb cream, or tinted moisturizer caused me to get slick within a few hours and by the end of the day (around 5-6 pm) I would be super shiny and caked in grease. I thought this was unavoidable.
Until I found Paula's Choice. WIth this tinted moisturizer topped off with a finishing powder (I just use a mineral powder) I don't see any oil appear at all until very late at night, if I choose to keep it on that long. Friggin amazing!!!!!

*Coverage is perfect, not too little, not too much.
*Consistency is beautiful-goes on nicely, does not dry too fast or pill.
*Color is beautiful and does not oxidize.
*Lasts all day.
*Has improved the tone and look of my skin since I've began using it
*The 30 spf, antioxidants, and reservatrol are a nice bonus

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2014 7:07:00 PM More reviews by amyhuskiewicz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have been using this practically since it came out. It is my HG, desert island product. No joke! This evens out my pale skin, has a finish that somehow looks better than my real skin and doesn't irritate me at all - not even around the eyes. I love that it has anxtioxidants and physical sunblock. I love that it doesn't have fragrance or alcohol or a mix of physical and chemical, or all-chemical sunblockers. I also love that it has never separated in the tube (like natural peanut butter, I find some physical sunscreens separate in the tube, what a mess!).
I have to wear serum and/or moisturizer under this, which I recommend for the drier folks. This sunscreen has never balled up over them. It probably takes longer to set, though. It works fine under concealer, blush (cream and powder) and does not appear to oxidize on me. I don't generally wear foundation, so I cannot say how this would work beneath it. I can say that I really don't need any foundation when I have this. It is a lovely tinted face treatment that evens out my imperfections quite well on its own.
While not as elegant-appearing as the price tag might suggest, I do like the practical stand-on-its-head squeeze tube that this come in with its flip-top cap and its ingredients helpfully listed on the back. It stands up, nice and sturdy, and for us klutzes, it's pretty hard to accidentally knock it over. And if you do, nice, non-shattering plastic keeps it safe. For me, this is an absolute must-have. It has everything I ever wanted in a sunscreen. And nothing I don't.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2014 4:47:00 AM More reviews by Elfinoz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This goes on without leaving a white cast owing to the tint they added to it. It doesn't quite have a matte finish, more of a demi matte and it leaves a tacky feel to the skin but it doesn't feel heavy. For me this works great as a makeup base/primer. Once I apply my foundation and powder over this it holds up well and lasts all day without too much oil being visible on the skin. Probably not hydrating enough if your skin is on the dry side, but if your skin is on the oily side of normal and you're looking for a physical sunscreen this is definitely worth a try.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2014 11:52:00 AM More reviews by jhenley

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

AMAZING product. It doesn't leave a white cast (Like the Hydralight SPF 30 did on my face). Instead it is slightly tinted so it doesn't look white at all, and it does the job.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2014 5:50:00 AM More reviews by ammit1984

This is a HG product for me.
I have pale skin with warm undertones, I'm usually the lighest shade in foundations or the second lightest, I have hyper pigmentation, am somewhat acne prone (hormonal) and my skin is combination leaning greasy or oily depending on how it feels on that particular day.

This product is one of the more pricey sunscreens that i've bought, but I am always lured by promises of a multi-tasker. Tint, moisture and protection in one sounded good to me along with the brand being well known for no-nonsense beneficial formulas. I'd recommend this wholeheartedly to all my friends, but mostly to people who have similar traits to me that I listed above. This is a desert island product for me, sometimes it doesn't give me enough moisture I'll admit, but a serum underneath soon resolves that issue (a fast absorbing one that just provides moisture like Caudalies SOS serum).

I'd never tried Paulas choice products before, but I've got to be honest and say that they have changed my life in terms of my skin. I've used BHA gel most nights and this in the day (along with AHA 10% once a week) and my hormonal spots have gone. I was getting to the point where I honestly did not know what I would do, I was fed up of big painful spots on my face and for months now I haven't had a single one, if I do then the BHA zaps them in a matter of days with minimal scarring. I spent a lot of money on her website and there isn't really a single product that I don't like or won't finish up completely.

This sunscreen in particular is one of my absolute fave products though. LOVE.