Paula's Choice RESIST Super-Light Daily Wrinkle Defense SPF 30

4.3

Not tested on animals

Active Ingredient: Zinc Oxide 13% (broad-spectrum sunscreen agent). Other Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane (silicone slip agent), PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone (silicone-based thickener), Dimethicone Crosspolymer (silicone suspending agent), PEG-12 Dimethicone (silicone-based thickener), Resveratrol, Quercetin, Epigallocatechin Gallate (antioxidants), Tocopheryl Acetate (vitamin E/antioxidant), Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate (vitamin C/antioxidant), Adenosine (cell-communicating ingredient), Lauroyl Lysine (skin-conditioning agent), Bisabolol (anti-irritant), Trihydroxystearin (thickener), Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract (anti-irritant), Punica Granatum (Pomegranate) Extract (antioxidant), Haemstococcus Pluvialis Extract (astaxanthin/antioxidant), Hydrolyzed Corn Starch (thickener/mattifying agent), Polysorbate 80 (emulsifier), Hydrolyzed Silica (thickener/mattifying agent), Triethoxycaprylylsilane (silicone-based binding agent), C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate (emollient thickener), Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate (texture enhancer), Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol (preservatives), Sodium Chloride (stabilizer), Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenoxyethanol (preservatives), Iron Oxides (natural pigment).

on 8/22/2015 10:11:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I love this soo much! This is the only sunscreen I've tried that doesn't break me out. It goes on matte and stays quite matte throughout the day (some people say it's very "drying") without seeming flat. It doesn't irritate my eyes at all (I use it right under my eyes and on my eyelids). The sheer tint reduces redness and creates a smoother complexion. It is a little pricey but it lasts many months and is totally worth it. I put it on after cleansing, toning (PC skin balancing), exfoliating (PC Clear regular strength) and serum (PC Resist Ultra - light Super Antioxidant)

on 8/20/2015 2:22:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This is the best face sunscreen I've found so far that doesn't use chemical sunscreens, which I avoid.

on 8/20/2015 2:18:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Love, love LOVE this lightly tinted sunscreen, and that's just what it is. It's 13% zinc oxide--the reason at 44, my skin has very few mild wrinkles (using it daily 20+ years)--and tinted, which overrides the frequent whitish cast of zinc. It's chock-full of antioxidants & soothing extracts. My dry skin adores it, and the tinting is so slight that it's imperceptible.

Bear in mind a few things:

1. Zinc oxide: yes, your skin will likely feel like it can't "breathe," at least until you get used to it. This is because zinc is a PHYSICAL blocker of UVA/UVB rays but also pollutants, and it has skin-healing properties (which is why you see it in high doses in diaper cream & other products used, for example, in the elderly & those with paralysis/wheelchair-bound who are not ambulatory & suffer skin breakdown from pressure points). It is the strongest sunscreen you can get. Avobenzone, a chemical sunscreen, breaks down within two hours of UV exposure so you have to reapply it. I use it often on my arms & legs, but I keep a spray (Australian Gold--it has no drying alcohol like all the others) on hand to reapply.

2. Oily skin: this simply may not work since zinc does have a greasiness to it, BUT, if you really want to be aggressive on maintaining your skin, that's the trade off. (See below about Paula's compact powder). My skin will get "glowy" by the end of the day, or midway through during our uber hot & humid summers down here, but I'm not bothered by it since I can blot most with a tissue & I'd rather look younger than like worn leather shoe.

3. Don't expect coverage. It's very light at best & would even out only very mild discolorations on fair-to-medium skin. It is NOT a foundation & does not claim to be: it is a lightly tinted SUNSCREEN. Heavy duty too.

I gave up liquid foundation years ago since it always looked cakey & was like a neon sign to the lines I have, switching to a dusting of powder instead (Paula's powder foundation is fabulous AND offers zinc & titanium dioxide protection, so you get an extra layer).

It's definitely worth trying if you can manage through wearing a high level of zinc oxide, and will afford your skin the best products available.

on 8/16/2015 1:52:00 PM

This is easily the most cosmetically elegant sunscreen I've ever used, and I've used sooo many sunscreens over the years. It truly leaves a matte finish and it serves nicely as a makeup primer. I like the tint and love that there is no white cast to the skin after applying. I've experienced no irritation or breakouts.
My only gripe is the price. It's expensive for the small amount you get. You should be applying a generous amount daily to get adequate protection so the product gets used up fairly quickly when used as directed. This is especially disappointing coming from Paula Begoun because she has slammed other companies in the past for the exact same thing.

on 8/2/2015 10:45:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have terrible trouble getting sunscreen that's right for my skin, it was basically impossible before this product existed. Almost all my boxes are ticked by it; fragrance free, non greasy, alcohol free, "physical" sunscreen, cruelty free, full of antioxidants and beneficial ingredients, doesn't seem to clog my pores or cause spots, matte finish but not drying/doesn't emphasise dryer areas. Basically perfect. The only thing I don't like is the tint, I'd much prefer a colourless sunscreen. It's also a bit on the dark side for my pale olive skin so I have to mix it with Paula's colourless Hydralight sunscreen. Ideally I'd give four and half lippies for that reason. Hydralight is slightly oily on its own but mixed with Resist they make the perfect texture. Obviously that means buying both at once, but then it lasts twice as long, so it doesn't really make a difference to the price.

on 7/30/2015 4:46:00 PM

A physical sunscreen that feels more like a high end cosmetic primer. I am extremely picky when it comes to facial sunscreens, and this one is just about perfect: very light wearing, matte, invisible, no animal testing. It feels like nothing once it's on and doesn't rub off or transfer. Huge bonuses for being also a physical block and having sample sizes available.

As a makeup primer, it also does its job very well. It's very mattifying, and the slight tint does make the surface of my skin look more even. It does go on pinkish but the colour disappears into my pale yellow toned skin. I put concealer and a bit of powder on top, but without the additional makeup I wouldn't need any powder at all. I don't think I've said that about ANY sunscreen or primer before!

The only negatives are the price and the cheap-looking packaging, however this product performs so well that I feel the price is worth it.

on 7/29/2015 9:45:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

I wanted this to work for me but in the end it did not agree with my oily skin.
It made me more shiny and made my makeup slip around more.
The light tint does not offer coverage.
My skin felt like it could not breath.
Only gave 2 lippies because it has ingredients that are good for skin and of course SPF.
I did not notice any improvement in skin using this and in the end my complexion looked weighed down, tired, and dull.

on 7/28/2015 6:48:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Wow. This is an exceptional physical sunscreen - for all skin types. There is no shine or white cast, it's not drying, and it's non irritating and hasn't caused any breakouts. Oh, and when I use this, the redness and discolouration on my face is less evident (even when I remove it I mean). This does have a tint, but not enough to provide any real colour. If anything, it functions like an extremely lightweight tinted moisturiser. I like to wear it with alone or under makeup, as it makes no difference to the finish or longevity of my makeup. This does have an odd smell, kind of like liquorice... but not sweet. I can't say I'm fond of it, but it doesn't hinder the quality of the product, and the scent dissipates once I've finished applying it. I really can't say enough good things about this. I was previously using Shiseido city block spf30, which was great, but it still left a slight sheen and the alcohol content worried me.

I really wanted to love this sunscreen, and I did for a while, but whenever I use this consistently I get tiny bumps all over my skin. It's great for oily skin because it dries to a matte finish, and it would have been a holy grail for me.

I've tried it on several different occasion but always get the stubborn little bumps that take a few weeks to resolve- I'm thinking I must have a sensitivity to one of the ingredients.

Still on the hunt for a good sunscreen for oily skin.

on 7/3/2015 11:59:00 PM

After years of searching and spending thousands of dollars on sunscreen--this is "the one" for me. This makes my skin look flawless and I only have to use a little concealer under my eyes and I'm good to go. It is not oily at all. I wear a serum underneath for some moisture and then put this on top. There's absolutely no fragrance and it dries matte. Best of all, since it has resveratrol, vitamin c & e, willow bark extract, and other good ingredients for wrinkles and brown spots, my skin tone has evened out tremendously!! My spots have faded more in 3 uses than after using hydroquinond for 3 weeks. I am SO happy I found this sunscreen!!