December 21, 2014 | 1702 users online

Sunscreen - Paula's Choice - RESIST Super-Light Wrinkle Defense SPF 30

rated 2 of 5 on 12/17/2014 1:59:00 PM More reviews by jackietaylor135

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I REALLY wanted to love this product as I love a lot of other Paula's Choice products. However, it made me break out in cystic acne (which I haven't had in years). I also found the tint was a little too light for my skin tone. So, I ended up looking a little chalky/cakey after I put my regular powder over top. I'm a huge lover of PC face washes and sunscreens but this one just didn't fit the bill for me!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/14/2014 9:32:00 PM More reviews by juliaesands

This is a terrific moisturizer. I was a little skeptical at first because I'm very devoted to my drugstore choices, Neutrogena and Cerave, but I had a sample of this and the texture blew me away. It's a very light lotion and it's faintly tinted- not enough to give me any significant color as a NW20, light-medium complexion. I think those who are lighter than me might notice more of a difference with the tint. At any rate, the lotion is tinted slightly I think to cover up the white-ish cast that lotions with sun protection tend to have. This is very effective. The texture is light and fluffy and the squeeze container (pointed down) is a perfect second to having an air-pump. On me, the lotion absorbs very fast and leaves a wonderful silky (but not silicone-y) feel to my skin. It feels hydrated and clean. Perfect for all the seasons but maybe in the most humid or coldest weather I might need to change up for something lighter or heavier respectively. A great buy- $29 for 2 oz which should last me a good three months with 1x/daily use.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2014 2:13:00 PM More reviews by ashleywilkes

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Doesn't dry out my skin and doesn't break me out. More importantly, I can wear this on my neck and my chest with out it burning and itching like crazy. Even the Blue Lizard "chemical free" stuff caused an allergic reaction on my neck and chest when I wore it. When I first received the sample of this, the pink tint turned me off. I have a yellow, tan tone on my Asian skin and I didn't think it work, but once it settled, I didn't even need to wear any foundation. All I needed was some concealer under my eyes and a dab of blush or bronzer. I also jog with this stuff on. Paula's staff said it's somewhat waterproof and their right. I job 3 to 4 miles in LA heat and still see the film on my face when I'm done. I love this stuff.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2014 8:36:00 AM More reviews by Emma13

OK basically this is a very nice sunscreen with one major drawback (apart from price).It has 13% zinc oxide as active ingredient, which is unusual but nice for those of us who are not fans of titanium dioxide or chemical agents. I would prefer a higher SPF, but possibly this is a question of cosmetic elegance of the end product because zinc oxide in high concentrations is quite thick and claggy. So, OK for an everyday s/s but not to go out in the sun (I have melasma).

It is indeed very light in texture and easy to apply. There is no discernible shine. The texture is not moisturising though, so for my combination skin I still need to apply a light moisturizer underneath.

Now the downside: the tint is anything but natural - it's actually a greyish pink! Seriously, on my pale yellow toned skin it looks just awful. It is very sheer, true - but it still does have a subtle effect. Please Paula, why can't you create a pale yellow option for those of us who have yellow-toned skin (or need a bit of subtle colour correcting, i.e. the pink face-yellow neck syndrome...) !! Do that and I swear, I'll buy this by the cartload. As it is, alas, I won't.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2014 10:56:00 PM More reviews by DDP1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Oh, how I love this sunscreen! I used to use Skinceuticals physical fusion, but I think this PC product is so much better! It is nearly perfect: 13% zinc oxide, antioxidants, controls oil yet not drying (if I wear moisturizer underneath), and no white cast. My complexion is n15 and the tint is fine for me and I like how it evens out my skin tone a bit. I still use foundation, though. My only criticisms: it claims to moisturize but found it drying when used on its own, the finish can feel a little tacky, and it's not officially water resistant. However, according to a company rep the product is water resistant but was not put through tests to earn the water resistant label. If they ever discontinue this, I will be so upset because nothing else compares! I use it daily on my face, neck, and chest.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2014 12:32:00 AM More reviews by rebeccamv

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

it's a miracle, i have finally found a sunscreen that DOESN'T BREAK ME OUT!! for me, this is unheard of! it is also SUPER GENTLE. i have very sensitive skin. i love the tint, which is extremely suddle. it seems to even out my skin tone without changing the color of my skin at all. i am nw20. texture is great, finish looks very nice (not shiny at all). packaging is convenient and hygienic. formula has lots of skin beneficial ingredients. paula's choice doesn't test on animals.

my favorite and i wear it daily!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2014 12:14:00 AM More reviews by kbam17

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I use this as my foundation (tinted moisturizer) and totally love it. It gives me just the right amount of sheer coverage to even out my skin tone without masking my natural skin texture or marks, etc. I use just one layer in the morning, but it is buildable to a more medium coverage. I initially used this *as* sunscreen, but after some research I realized I should just purchase a separate sunscreen and use this on top (the pea-size amount I use daily isn't enough of the product to get the advertised SPF). I do like having the extra bit of protection throughout the day, though. My favorite application method is to dot it across my face, then use a buffing brush to stipple it on, and finally buff it in gently.

Pros:
* natural finish
* applies evenly; blends well
* buildable
* doesn't settle into lines/creases
* great price
* long-lasting
* great for 5 minute make-up days (just this, blush, and some mascara, perfect!)

Cons:
* very light coverage
* not enough SPF

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2014 4:18:00 PM More reviews by dustyjil

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

To answer "...would you buy this product again?"...Yes, I have purchased twice as back ups. I'm not sure how this will do once real winter dryness kicks in. I have dry skin normally and have been able to use this during that late summer/early fall with a moisturizer underneath. I am sensitive to chemical sunscreen, but the physical sunscreens for dry skin are just so heavy. If I need to switch to a dry skin formulation this winter I will, and then gladly come back to this for spring, summer, and fall. This works very well as sunscreen and primer. It wears well under a variety of foundations I have tried it with. It blends in easily and doesn't leave a white cast or feel heavy. It is fragrance free, another area of sensitivity for me. I really enjoy it.

UPDATE (12/16/2014): my skin started to feel dry and tight, and foundation looked horrid as we entered into fall/winter weather. I switched to a more rich formula and hated it! I couldn't wait to wash my face. Paula's Choice released Resist Intensive Relief Cream and the Resist Oil Booster which I started to use. (I love these BTW.). Adding a more moisturizing base has allowed me to run back to this! It wears well, and is fabulous under foundation. I will use this year round!

Oh yes, it is effective sunscreen. I have attended several fall outdoor sporting events and my face hasn't burned or darkened.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2014 5:20:00 PM More reviews by Tushky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

WOOOW! This stuff is magic for oily skin! --It controls oil soooo well
-the color is a perfect match for me
-it feels light and not sticky as other mineral sunscreens do
-it is enough moisturizing for oily skin
-no clogged pores for me
-it is a perfect makeup base as it controls oil very well and the foundation looks so nice and stays put all day

PERFECT! I love it and I will buy it over and over again, even if the price+shipping in Europe are a little bit high.

Oily skinned people, this is for you!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2014 12:39:00 PM More reviews by Walko

I've tried to like this , I really have but it's not for me. When I was young I was plagued with oily skin ,if only this was available then. But at 57 this just sucks the moisture out of my skin.I'm not even dry, more normal these days , but to me this is a product for oily skin.This makes the skin around my eyes appear very crepey.However I'm not going to down this product. I feel it's a very good product, it's just not for me. Excellent sunscreen no alcohol or fragrance, and it contains antioxidants.If only I could use it as it is a zinc oxide only sunscreen and I've wanted one for ages.But I've gotten through a whole tube now and won't repurchase. Their is nothing moisturising about this at all. Leave this alone unless you are oily or have no lines around the eyes.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No