April 19, 2014 | 1694 users online

BB Cream - Garnier - BB Cream for Combination/Oily Skin Medium Deep

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2014 9:11:00 PM More reviews by galai_curryqueen9830

This product works well, but did not work for me as it has a pink undertone (I require a yellow undertone).
The consistency of this BB Cream is very thin, very liquid-y, liquid enough that it can drip off your hand.
Applies very well. I used my fingers to spread it on my face, and then tapped it into my skin. This technique worked well; it covered most of my acne/acne scars and any regular redness. I haven't tried it with a brush, but I feel like it would work even better with a make up brush.
The finish of this is between a natural finish and a matte finish. I would not consider it a full matte finish as the sheen of my natural skin came through. But, with the use of a powder, it can become a full matte finish. This would work very well with those with oily skin because it would prevent a super shiny-finish, and because it's so thin on the skin.
The coverage is medium, and can easily be built up.
I got this for $12.99 at my local Canadian Target. I feel like this BB Cream is very similar to Tarte's BB Tinted Treatment 12-hr 'Primer'. Both have matte-ish finish, both very buildable/medium coverage, both have SPF and both apply very well with fingers.

The only downside to this is the packaging. It comes in a slick, skinny tube with a twist-off cap. I feel like this would benefit from a pump.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/9/2014 12:57:00 PM More reviews by joannemd

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Spent $12 for the tube. It's cost effective since a little goes a long way, but I will never buy this BB cream ever again. Although it's "oil-free" or made for "combination/oily skin," it made me more dewy and more oilier. It looks cake when applying and didn't do much with coverage, not even a fair coverage was upheld. It felt like a thick tinted moisturizer. There's no scent so that's good and it didn't break me out. The color is lighter than it actually states it is so if I were you, I would get a shade darker if you're planning to try this out. I needed to blot or use a finishing powder in order to set it and throughout the day had to reapply powder to my t-zone and chin. I initially bought this for an easy makeup application for work if I run late, but all day, my face was bright and shiny and would get on my clothes. This is not my favorite!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/3/2014 11:49:00 PM More reviews by Imcaralee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So I am bummed about this product. The coverage rocks, the texture is nice, and it gives this great glow to my skin. However, it also causes me to break out in the most painful pimples I have ever had. These zits leave scars that do not go away regardless of if I pop them. I have used it off and on experimenting to see if it was truly the bb cream or if maybe there was just a lurking variable and came to the conclusion that the bb cream demolished my skin.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2014 4:46:00 PM More reviews by lizziepflaume

I'd buy bb cream again, only thing is i would buy in a diferent tone cause this one is medium and looks to dark in my skin, besides that i think i loved it.
Sometimes isn't that good about oiliness and shine, maybe cause i'm used to mate foundations.
About face problems like acne my face looks much better after using it so i guess i'm quite pleased.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/9/2014 11:30:00 PM More reviews by lollycat99

Ok so at first when I first tried out this product, I loved. It's got decent coverage almost of that of a light-medium coverage foundation but more lightweight and not as cakey as foundation can be. However it didn't control my oil in my t-zone and I'm also not a fan of the packaging even through I like squeeze tubes the product literally just spills everywhere. So I place the bottle sitting upright so I don't have a mess. I have acne prone skin and I think that this made my skin worse. I wasn't getting huge breakout but I did notice little red spots on my face and when I stopped using this they went away. I don't think this is suited for acne prone or sensitive skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/18/2013 1:30:00 PM More reviews by sharrie01

So my sister bought this and it turned out to be too dark for so she gave it to be. I was previously using Iman 's bb cream and was relatively happy with it when combined with concealer. When I tried this one I was amazed by it's coverage. It does completely conceal and hide all redness and acne scars. It almost mimics a heavy coverage foundation except it doesn't feel cakey or look worse hours later. I find that it can hold for ten hours without powder. All these things make it a miracle product right? I really did think so until I started getting these huge breakouts on my forehead and chin. There was at least ten breakouts on both spots that started spreading to my chin. I am acne prone so I figured it was another cycle of breakouts but I started doing many things that should improve my acne and nothing was helping. This was all during fianls week so I didn't realize it was the bb cream until much later and the damage was done. I'm left now with acne that will not clear up and scars to match. It is one of the worst breakouts I've ever had. DO NOT BUY IF YOU'RE ACNE PRONE. Look into Iman's instead. It does not have a full coverage at all but also won't break you out so you know I prefer that.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/6/2013 2:28:00 AM More reviews by Daniellehalsall

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Grey

I dont care for the one for oily/combo skin... very runny and is messy in the cap so you cant really have it lying on its side or standing up.. best on an angle, I had to shove tissue into the lid. To me this would be something that would only work if it was your skin colour exactly, its on the orange side. But I guess you could try mixing it with your moisturiser.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/19/2013 9:09:00 PM More reviews by susan75

This stuff is pretty good. I picked some up while I was on vacation because I ran out of my usual BB cream, the one made by Missha M. I chose the Garnier one because it had some SPF which I need because I'm pale but this stuff was just too dark and wouldn't blend as well as my usual cream.

Overall, it was an okay product probably better for someone with a tan!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/11/2013 10:33:00 PM More reviews by theycallmetrex

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Love the original one. Accidentally bought this new one that's formulated for oily skin and it was nothing like the old one. it just looked nasty and wouldn't blend in and made me look oily which my skin is usually normal or a little on the dry side. I just really hate this.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2013 3:12:00 AM More reviews by Jasmine1990

Love it...I have oily skin and like light coverage once in a while but dislike most foundations. My routine is more of a face lotion with SPF and eyeliner and go for day to day. However, once in a while or for school I want a more finished look and this perfect.
It provides light coverage so don't expect a full on mask of coverage- it blurred imperfections such as healing blemishes and dark circles and made my skin more even looking. It lasted all day on my oily skin and I'm on vacation at the moment and have worn it for 12 hours straight with no complaints.
It smells really good! Kind of a floral scent but it faded quickly. It is runny in texture so be careful when opening. As for coloring, I'll be honest I compared a couple of open tubes that others had left open and purchased the medium deep. For reference in maybellines BB cream I wear the medium shade and in cover girls light to medium shade. In all honesty the names are misleading you can only know by opening the bottle. Expensive but I feel like the tube will last a long time.