July 28, 2014 | 2132 users online

Mascara - Bourjois - Volume Glamour Max Waterproof

rated 1 of 5 on 3/13/2014 8:03:00 PM More reviews by petitderriere

This mascara doesn't hold a curl at all. As soon as I applied it my lashes drooped immediately.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2014 10:39:00 AM More reviews by Sjess

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

So, it seems I'm the only one who really likes this mascara..? I bought this after sampling it with the holiday version (see my review for that). It's as close to the perfect waterproof mascara as I can get, although I have very high hopes for the announced Le Volume de Chanel waterproof one, which will come out any minute now :), for being HG material. Have bought this Bourjois one several times now, and as I said, I'm fairly happy with it. It gives good volume, doesn't clump, and it really stays put. I cycle to work, run and exercise a lot, it has never ever let me down. Also the price is excellent, 13 euros on its own, but I buy it in 2 for 1 or 40% discount sales all the time. So all in all, I don't know why y'all don't like it, but I most definitely DO :)!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/23/2014 10:03:00 PM More reviews by Charlamaine

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is the first Bourjois product I ever tried, and based on this- I am unimpressed. First of all: Apperance (Let's not fool ourselves, this is most important) -Do not get me started on this formula and or brush has caused my lashes to become a casualty of spider legs! Not only that, but uneven rough looking ones that makes it look llike every lash is a different length. With that said: This
mascara is perfect for one day of the year: Halloween. Only. Moving along, I have a frugal side and since I did not get this at Sephora, I doubt I would be Able to return this used product, like I do with mascaras I am not crazy about, I want to use up the product and not look my best for a while. This is the first time I am considering just ditching the tube and move on since it so dry on the lashes after a while of using it (I do not remember how long I have been using this but I didn't use it right away, and I have a mascara lineup of about five. Bottom line, don't buy this unless you are so desperate that this is the only mascara available in store, or you were given this as a gift (in that case regift to some poor unsuspecting soul ;)

rated 1 of 5 on 12/19/2013 7:01:00 PM More reviews by sciencegeek

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Positive aspects:
- The packaging is really nice.
- My lashes are defined, with added volume and length. It makes my eyes pop.

Negative aspects:
- It smudges a bit and flakes terribly. An absolute 'don't' for contact lenses wearers.
- The effect doesn't last long, after a few hours my lashes are weighed down, there are flakes on my face and, if I am lucky, some smudges!

I would not buy this again and I would not recommend this to anyone not only because it doesn't perform well but also because of the flaking issue which is a health concern- after all you're not supposed to get this stuff in your eyes as the days goes on...

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2013 12:05:00 PM More reviews by bubblysteph

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Running out of my staple and without having much waterproof mascara to select in the drugstore, I picked this as I recall using the Volume Glamour Ultra Black long time ago and that one was nice stuff actually.

This mascara comes with a thick spoolie brush, in fact a bit too big for my liking as it's difficult to get into the corners. It volumizes and lengthens my lashes a bit, but I can't see much thickening... So there is nothing dramatic here. it may work for you if you're looking for natural looking lashes. The good news is no clumping issue at all.

Contrary to the other reviewer, this actually flakes a little bit on me. Luckily it doesn't smudge on me.

The major issue I have is that this kills the curl almost instantly! I always curl my lashes before applying the mascara and I noticed that the curl is flattened once this mascara is on. It does happen when I'm using non-waterproof formula but it happens very rarely if I'm using waterproof formula! Not impressed and not going to repurchase.

[UPDATE Oct 06]
This mascara dries out so quickly - it dries out significantly in 3 weeks' daily usage, which doesn't happen with my Maybelline and Lancome. Being so dry, it clumps quite badly and if I try to comb my lashes, I'd end up with flake disaster.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2013 10:33:00 PM More reviews by kimorris

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this as I really liked the Bourjois Volume Glamour mascara and thought this was essentially the waterproof version of that, but it's not. I didn't really register the 'max' in the product title, but I'm assuming that it refers to the big, rounded brush which is slightly unwieldy and reminds me a little of Prestige's My Biggest Lashes. This was mascara was adequately black and waterproof. It didn't flake and smudge. It is a volumising mascara and does a decent job although nothing standout. I found - as with most waterproof formulations - that the mascara dried out quite quickly. I found this gave an enhanced natural look if that's what you're after. I wasn't sufficiently impressed by this to buy it again. For a natural-ish look, I'd rather use the regular Volume Glamour.