July 25, 2014 | 1585 users online

Foundations - Marc Jacobs - Genius Gel Super-Charged Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 7/12/2014 1:58:00 AM More reviews by kira1999

This foundation gave my skin a gorgeous look. My skin tone looked even, glowy and natural. I love the gel texture, it makes the foundation unique and very easy to blend. It has a wide colour range, so your colour will be easy to find. I love this foundation so much, but even with primer and setting powder, it only lasted about five hours before it was gone. So if you don't like touching up or need it to last all day, it sing for you.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/4/2014 2:37:00 AM More reviews by fecktopia

This foundation is just meh on my dry, hyperpigmented skin. I asked the Sephora rep for a full cover but this can be built to medium at best. the gel texture is superb and easily blendable. It masks slight red patches ok but if you have anything to hide a good concealer is a must with this product. Likewise if you have dry skin or even just patches, you are going to want a really good moisturiser and to prime your skin properly before applying the foundation. If I had normal skin with only minor red to hide, I imagine I would love this foundation. It does look natural until any sebum or flakiness take hold during the day, and the foundation just runs or cakes. I also find it doesn't really play well with a light application of powder over the top. Maybe a setting spray would be better. For the price tag it should hold up better than what it does.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2014 11:54:00 PM More reviews by sossom

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this foundation! I have tried many high-quality foundations and this one by far is the best. It is medium coverage, last all day and doesn't make me greasy. I honestly am really impressed and I would definitely buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2014 9:46:00 PM More reviews by ellenf

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I adore this foundation.
My skin is aging (mid-50's) but generally good and "normal".
I wear either Bisque Light or Ivory Medium in this foundation.
The coverage is sheer but THERE....it is that mythical, sought-after product that makes my skin look better without completely masking it.
It wears well for long periods of time and my skin looks just as good when I remove it as when I applied it.
Give this a try if you want foundation that does not look like foundation, but rather, makes you glow.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/11/2014 9:04:00 PM More reviews by gaelgirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Not good for dry or sensitive skin. Left flaky patches and coverage was uneven. No staying power either. Not worth the high cost.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/11/2014 8:29:00 PM More reviews by mehevans

Really excellent light/medium buildable coverage. Admittedly a little expensive, but I picked this up in sephora because of the close color match to my skin. When you wear this, it looks like your skin but better! The packaging is so luxe and you will want to use it all the time. Would've given it 5 stars if not for the high price.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2014 12:22:00 PM More reviews by miomega

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Like a lot of women, I use all kinds of foundations, high-end, drugstore, cream, liquid, etc. because if something works, regardless of price or package, it's worth purchasing. After reading and seeing A LOT of YouTube videos about this product I FINALLY went and got a sample from Sephora. Then I got another sample. Then, I made the purchase. I'm so glad I did.

1,) Perfect color match.

2.) Satin, semi-matte finish.

3.) Ultra smooth texture= easy blendability. This saves me time in the morning.

4.) Longevity! Even after a long, busy day this looks great on my combination skin, even when I don't use a primer. I set it with a good loose setting powder like Ben Nye Topaz in the morning and I blot my T-Zone with my drugstore pressed powder during midday.

5.) Does not transfer.

6.) Great packaging. The pump dispenser allows great product control. I've also found that because of its high pigmentation I don't need to use a lot of product.

This now ranks among my top 5 foundations. I'm glad I tried it.

For reference: NC50= Coco Medium #84.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/17/2014 8:46:00 PM More reviews by LongBeachGirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I swear ( and I can) that the more high-end, overly priced foundations I try the more I am reassured that it's the drugstore brands that deliver the very best. I am sworn to Almay Clear Complexion foundation but I still am curious to try something that might outshine it and Marc Jacobs definitely outshines......yep after a couple of hours you will shine with enough oil to grease a monster truck. This foundation which costs about as much as pair of Lululemon socks is more sheer than a tinted moisturizer, is in no way build able and any hint of color disappears before you can back your car out of the driveway...gone pffffft. Lacking in every way.

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 5/17/2014 11:31:00 AM More reviews by helwa88

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I kept on seeing beauty gurus on YouTube ranting and raving about this foundation so I finally put out the 50 bucks to get. The foundation has a light weight feel to it. It is best to use a beauty blender or sponge to apply it because a brush will just soak up this foundation. The finish is dewy but not so dewy it looks oily. The reason I gave this foundation a low rating is that it just doesn't last very long. Even after applying my primer and urban decay setting spray it still doesn't states put. I have combination skin and work under central Screen all day so it is not like I'm super oily or sweating all day. The price is also a turn off. for 50 bucks I'd expect my foundation to last at least 8 hours without having to re apple. lastly this foundation is quite sheer. I have to apply w costs just to get a medium coverage.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/3/2014 8:26:00 PM More reviews by cinderella7

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was extremely hopeful for this foundation - unfortunately it just did not deliver. The coverage is definitely light and at my age I need a bit more. It only provided about 6 hours of coverage. I used it over my Hourglass Mineral Primer and that didn't seem to help. I have had tinted moisturizers that lasted longer! The color match was great but certainly not enough to sell me on this product. It also has a strong odor - not offensive but noticeable.