January 28, 2015 | 1257 users online

Foundations - Marc Jacobs - Genius Gel Super-Charged Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2015 10:28:00 AM More reviews by gio1197

I love this foundation! It stays on all day long,i finally found THE foundation! There is only one problem,it's expensive,in my opinion,but totally worth it!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2015 2:35:00 AM More reviews by M00994

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Going to the counter to purchase this product was definitely painful, the price tag is steep. However, once I bit the bullet and brought it home, I was not disappointed. I've been using this for just over a year now and it is my absolute holy grail foundation. Although the smell can be a little off putting (it's a very perfumey, flowery smell), after its applied you hardly notice it anymore. If you are extremely sensitive to smell I would think twice about this product because it is definitely prominent. However, the finish is stunning. You achieve the perfect glowing skin that can't be over applied. The first layer is light medium coverage but is easily buildable without being cakey. It photographs beautifully, it's glowy without being shiny or shimmery in any way. I don't even need a setting powder half the time (I have mild combination skin). If you have oily skin, don't be afraid of this product. A little powder in the T zone won't compromise the glow and it's very forgiving when it comes to touch ups. Dry skin will love it because it isn't drying and it looks as if your skin is healthy and hydrated. The packaging is beautiful as well. It's chic, clean and classy and it has a very nice pump. Packaging may not say much about the actual product, but I am definitely a sucker for it. Although most of the time I'm a very budget conscious shopper, I am willing to splurge on this product because it is worth every dime.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2015 9:56:00 PM More reviews by Bugg333

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i am a foundation junkie!!!! I recently decided to switch from the Nars sheer glow and MUFE HD to something new...so i grabbed the Marc Jacobs gel foundation. I LOVE IT!!! I have dry skin with some broken capillaries on my cheeks (sad face) and this foundation covers them up completely and the lasting power for me is amazing!! i have had it on for 9 hours and it hasn't budged all!!!im obsessed!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2014 5:12:00 PM More reviews by sargasm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

PROS: lightweight, buildable, blends beautifully CONS: not for everybody. I'm so head over heels for this foundation. I have hated this foundation journey I've been on. I prefer a buildable coverage, a slightly luminescent finish and not to look pink or orange; in other words, I want my skin to look like skin when I put foundation on and nothing has done that for my dry/t-zone combo/neutral-yellowy skin. UNTIL MARC JACOBS DECIDED TO COME OUT WITH COSMETICS. I don't know how to describe how remarkable it feels to finally try the foundation you've been fawning over but have been scared of disappointment AND IT WORKS FLAWLESSLY. I work freelance at Nordstrom and I get so many compliments on my complexion it's not even funny. My skin, for the most part, is even in texture and I don't have many scars or acne but I wanted to even out the color. I apply by dispensing two pumps onto my hand (thank you for the hygienic feature Marc) and apply dots with my finger in sections and then take my beauty sponge, spray with fix+ and dab away. If I feel like any areas need extra coverage, one more pump and apply where needed. The color is perfection and I've never experienced that before. When it sets or dries down, the finish is really something to admire. Not dewy by any means but glowy or luminous. This foundation couldn't be anymore perfect for someone like me.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2014 11:48:00 PM More reviews by Jams19

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have lost count of the number of foundations I have tried. Nancy at Sephora worked with me and came up with the perfect shade and I love it! Just looks invisible on my skin but just makes my skin so much smoother and prettier!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/7/2014 11:13:00 PM More reviews by MeganDan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Uuuuugh I wanted to love this... The girl at Sephora talked me into it,I was looking for a lightweight feeling with medium coverage, also I like makeup that "melts" into the skin. She put some on and oh man did it ever look amaaaaazing, it looked like my real skin, but 10x's better. One layer and everything I need covered is covered, two layers and it still looked like skin but all blemishes are hidden. I wore it all day long bragging about how perfect my skin was, about 2 hours into my 8 hour shift, I looked in the mirror and had to do a double take, IT WAS MELTING OFF. It separated and hugged my oily spots and left over spots bare and red. What's a bummer, I was hoping I'd love this because of all the buzz I've heard. Big thumbs down, but points for such a flawless finish, I just wish it stayed like that.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2014 2:07:00 AM More reviews by yelloworange

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I got a sample of this from Sephora and couldn't wait to buy the bottle. I have tried so many foundations and had been going back and forth between Bobbie Brown and Estee Lauder. This applies so easily and smoothly. I find I do have to use a little more than most high end foundations to cover redness as it is about medium coverage (you can't get more than that or it would look cakey). It dries down to a light luminous, satiny, lightly powdery finish that makes me look younger. Great for my oily combo skin. Yes you do have to moisturize and exfoliate, prep the skin somehow. I found it lasts at least 8 hours on. Initially, I had a hard time deciding on the color. I'm an NC20 and it was between Bisque Light or Ivory Medium. The Bisque light was yellower and even though I have a yellow undertone I ended up purchasing the Ivory Medium because it still had a yellow tone but was a little peachier. I use a dense urban decay foundation brush and it works great. I love it. It is the best one I have found in years. I did have a hard time shelling out $48.00 for it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2014 8:35:00 PM More reviews by road2lane

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My review may be a little premature that said I don't get why this foundation has such a low rating On here. It provides light to moderate coverage, looks very skin like I don't notice a smell though I have heard people complain about it. It gives a very natural looking finish and overall I'm very happy with this! It does not provide heavy pancake coverage. Also the texture is very very nice very light and almost water like easy to blend.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/3/2014 1:51:00 PM More reviews by bbybashful

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm surprised this foundation has such low ratings.. This foundation is one of the few foundations that works with my very very sensitive skin and does not break me out.

This foundation (just like what it says) has a gel like texture. I don't really smell anything when i put it on as other says. I apply this foundation with Sephora's #41 brush.. it goes on nice and evenly, not cakey at all. It makes me feel like i'm not wearing any foundation at all since it's so light.

As for the staying power, I highly doubt this foundation can stay on your face 12+ hours plus with out a setting powder especially if you have oily skin. I use the translucent setting powder from NARS and it could easily last for more than 8+ hours.. after that the foundation seems as if it's disappearing.

I would say this foundation wouldn't be a full coverage foundation... it's buildable but i'm not sure if i want to use THAT much foundation to get FULL COVERAGE, since this foundation is NOT CHEAP at all .. $48/pc. at most it provides sheer-medium coverage.

I use this foundation in Bisque Medium & I have Fair-Medium asian skin :).

Not sure if I would be repurchasing for the steep price ...

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2014 5:12:00 AM More reviews by angerawrs

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Hands down, this is by far the best foundation I've ever used! I've bought this when it first hit the Sephora stores on its first day. I'm using the shade "32 Beige Light" and it is seriously the best foundation ever!

The texture is very liquidy, but it's not runny as you think. It has a super long staying power and the coverage is pretty good, I would say medium-full? Yep. I didn't need any powder to make it stay on my face. It's pretty good on combination/oily skin because it has an extract that soothes and calms your skin while you're on it.

My review of it is on blog: http://www.angerawrs.co.uk/2014/09/top-3-favourite-foundations.html