Marc Jacobs Genius Gel Super-Charged Foundation

3.4

Aqua/Water/Eau, Dimethicone, Isohexadecane, Neopentyl Glycol Diethylhexanoate, Sorbeth-30, Nylon-12, Peg-30 Dipolyhydroxystearate, Mica, Vp/Eicosene Copolymer, Silica, Aluminum Hydroxide, Peg/Ppg-18/18 Dimethicone, Candelilla Cera/Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax/Cire De Candelilla, Magnesium Sulfate, Methylpropanediol, Pentylene Glycol, Magnesium Stearate, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Paraffin, Sodium Myristoyl Glutamate, Parfum/Fragrance, Butylene Glycol, Sorbitan Laurate, Tocopherol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Acetyl Dipeptide-1 Cetyl Ester, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Bismuth Oxychloride (Ci 77163), Iron Oxides (Ci 77492, Ci 77491, Ci 77499).

on 3/7/2015 12:58:00 AM

I would honetly say this could be my new HG. I'm an addict, tried many brands and types, this foundation beats them all. First the color matched my skin perfectly (beige light), and the texture... Gosh the texture... So in love with the gel texture which hydrates my skin all day and dries in semi matte finish, last for 10 hours on me (high humidity), it stays put and doesn't clog my pores at all. I can just touch or wipe my face and just a teeny bit came off, and still tons melted when cleansed. No transfer whatsoever. Application is a bit tricky, I use my fingers to spread, spray a bit of setting spray on F80 and smooth things out. Once dries, it won't budge. I don't even need to set it with powder. All set to go and looking naturally flawless LOL..

Pros:
Lightweight, feels like own skin
Suprisingly hydrates my skin
No transfer
No powdery look/feel
Amazing pump!

Cons:
Tad expensive
Dries quickly so be careful when applying the product
Can balled up, so better prep skin, scrub before applying

on 2/7/2015 12:57:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I guess I'm in the minority for loving this foundation. I went to Sephora for color match and this foundation came out with the best matching colour. Plus I have dry skin and SA told me this one worked great with dryer skin. First of all I was a little skeptical about the color matching machine but it did turn out to work pretty well. This foundation blends so well with my skin tone. It doesn't dry out my skin (I do use a moisturizing primer). It hides discolouration and gives my skin a nice smooth look. It lasts all day for me. I would add this to my list fave foundation list (which was only just Armani and Tom Ford). The price is not cheap. If you're certain, get a sample from Sephora before splurging.

on 1/22/2015 10:28:00 AM

I love this foundation! It stays on all day long,i finally found THE foundation! There is only one problem,it's expensive,in my opinion,but totally worth it!

on 1/17/2015 2:35:00 AM

Going to the counter to purchase this product was definitely painful, the price tag is steep. However, once I bit the bullet and brought it home, I was not disappointed. I've been using this for just over a year now and it is my absolute holy grail foundation. Although the smell can be a little off putting (it's a very perfumey, flowery smell), after its applied you hardly notice it anymore. If you are extremely sensitive to smell I would think twice about this product because it is definitely prominent. However, the finish is stunning. You achieve the perfect glowing skin that can't be over applied. The first layer is light medium coverage but is easily buildable without being cakey. It photographs beautifully, it's glowy without being shiny or shimmery in any way. I don't even need a setting powder half the time (I have mild combination skin). If you have oily skin, don't be afraid of this product. A little powder in the T zone won't compromise the glow and it's very forgiving when it comes to touch ups. Dry skin will love it because it isn't drying and it looks as if your skin is healthy and hydrated. The packaging is beautiful as well. It's chic, clean and classy and it has a very nice pump. Packaging may not say much about the actual product, but I am definitely a sucker for it. Although most of the time I'm a very budget conscious shopper, I am willing to splurge on this product because it is worth every dime.

on 1/8/2015 9:56:00 PM

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

i am a foundation junkie!!!! I recently decided to switch from the Nars sheer glow and MUFE HD to something new...so i grabbed the Marc Jacobs gel foundation. I LOVE IT!!! I have dry skin with some broken capillaries on my cheeks (sad face) and this foundation covers them up completely and the lasting power for me is amazing!! i have had it on for 9 hours and it hasn't budged all!!!im obsessed!!!!!

on 12/29/2014 5:12:00 PM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

PROS: lightweight, buildable, blends beautifully CONS: not for everybody. I'm so head over heels for this foundation. I have hated this foundation journey I've been on. I prefer a buildable coverage, a slightly luminescent finish and not to look pink or orange; in other words, I want my skin to look like skin when I put foundation on and nothing has done that for my dry/t-zone combo/neutral-yellowy skin. UNTIL MARC JACOBS DECIDED TO COME OUT WITH COSMETICS. I don't know how to describe how remarkable it feels to finally try the foundation you've been fawning over but have been scared of disappointment AND IT WORKS FLAWLESSLY. I work freelance at Nordstrom and I get so many compliments on my complexion it's not even funny. My skin, for the most part, is even in texture and I don't have many scars or acne but I wanted to even out the color. I apply by dispensing two pumps onto my hand (thank you for the hygienic feature Marc) and apply dots with my finger in sections and then take my beauty sponge, spray with fix+ and dab away. If I feel like any areas need extra coverage, one more pump and apply where needed. The color is perfection and I've never experienced that before. When it sets or dries down, the finish is really something to admire. Not dewy by any means but glowy or luminous. This foundation couldn't be anymore perfect for someone like me.

on 12/14/2014 11:48:00 PM

I have lost count of the number of foundations I have tried. Nancy at Sephora worked with me and came up with the perfect shade and I love it! Just looks invisible on my skin but just makes my skin so much smoother and prettier!

on 12/7/2014 11:13:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Uuuuugh I wanted to love this... The girl at Sephora talked me into it,I was looking for a lightweight feeling with medium coverage, also I like makeup that "melts" into the skin. She put some on and oh man did it ever look amaaaaazing, it looked like my real skin, but 10x's better. One layer and everything I need covered is covered, two layers and it still looked like skin but all blemishes are hidden. I wore it all day long bragging about how perfect my skin was, about 2 hours into my 8 hour shift, I looked in the mirror and had to do a double take, IT WAS MELTING OFF. It separated and hugged my oily spots and left over spots bare and red. What's a bummer, I was hoping I'd love this because of all the buzz I've heard. Big thumbs down, but points for such a flawless finish, I just wish it stayed like that.

on 11/18/2014 2:07:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I got a sample of this from Sephora and couldn't wait to buy the bottle. I have tried so many foundations and had been going back and forth between Bobbie Brown and Estee Lauder. This applies so easily and smoothly. I find I do have to use a little more than most high end foundations to cover redness as it is about medium coverage (you can't get more than that or it would look cakey). It dries down to a light luminous, satiny, lightly powdery finish that makes me look younger. Great for my oily combo skin. Yes you do have to moisturize and exfoliate, prep the skin somehow. I found it lasts at least 8 hours on. Initially, I had a hard time deciding on the color. I'm an NC20 and it was between Bisque Light or Ivory Medium. The Bisque light was yellower and even though I have a yellow undertone I ended up purchasing the Ivory Medium because it still had a yellow tone but was a little peachier. I use a dense urban decay foundation brush and it works great. I love it. It is the best one I have found in years. I did have a hard time shelling out $48.00 for it.

on 11/15/2014 8:35:00 PM

My review may be a little premature that said I don't get why this foundation has such a low rating On here. It provides light to moderate coverage, looks very skin like I don't notice a smell though I have heard people complain about it. It gives a very natural looking finish and overall I'm very happy with this! It does not provide heavy pancake coverage. Also the texture is very very nice very light and almost water like easy to blend.