November 26, 2014 | 1252 users online

Foundations - Marc Jacobs - Genius Gel Super-Charged Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2014 2:07:00 AM More reviews by yelloworange

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I got a sample of this from Sephora and couldn't wait to buy the bottle. I have tried so many foundations and had been going back and forth between Bobbie Brown and Estee Lauder. This applies so easily and smoothly. I find I do have to use a little more than most high end foundations to cover redness as it is about medium coverage (you can't get more than that or it would look cakey). It dries down to a light luminous, satiny, lightly powdery finish that makes me look younger. Great for my oily combo skin. Yes you do have to moisturize and exfoliate, prep the skin somehow. I found it lasts at least 8 hours on. Initially, I had a hard time deciding on the color. I'm an NC20 and it was between Bisque Light or Ivory Medium. The Bisque light was yellower and even though I have a yellow undertone I ended up purchasing the Ivory Medium because it still had a yellow tone but was a little peachier. I use a dense urban decay foundation brush and it works great. I love it. It is the best one I have found in years. I did have a hard time shelling out $48.00 for it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2014 8:35:00 PM More reviews by road2lane

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My review may be a little premature that said I don't get why this foundation has such a low rating On here. It provides light to moderate coverage, looks very skin like I don't notice a smell though I have heard people complain about it. It gives a very natural looking finish and overall I'm very happy with this! It does not provide heavy pancake coverage. Also the texture is very very nice very light and almost water like easy to blend.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/3/2014 1:51:00 PM More reviews by bbybashful

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm surprised this foundation has such low ratings.. This foundation is one of the few foundations that works with my very very sensitive skin and does not break me out.

This foundation (just like what it says) has a gel like texture. I don't really smell anything when i put it on as other says. I apply this foundation with Sephora's #41 brush.. it goes on nice and evenly, not cakey at all. It makes me feel like i'm not wearing any foundation at all since it's so light.

As for the staying power, I highly doubt this foundation can stay on your face 12+ hours plus with out a setting powder especially if you have oily skin. I use the translucent setting powder from NARS and it could easily last for more than 8+ hours.. after that the foundation seems as if it's disappearing.

I would say this foundation wouldn't be a full coverage foundation... it's buildable but i'm not sure if i want to use THAT much foundation to get FULL COVERAGE, since this foundation is NOT CHEAP at all .. $48/pc. at most it provides sheer-medium coverage.

I use this foundation in Bisque Medium & I have Fair-Medium asian skin :).

Not sure if I would be repurchasing for the steep price ...

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2014 5:12:00 AM More reviews by angerawrs

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Hands down, this is by far the best foundation I've ever used! I've bought this when it first hit the Sephora stores on its first day. I'm using the shade "32 Beige Light" and it is seriously the best foundation ever!

The texture is very liquidy, but it's not runny as you think. It has a super long staying power and the coverage is pretty good, I would say medium-full? Yep. I didn't need any powder to make it stay on my face. It's pretty good on combination/oily skin because it has an extract that soothes and calms your skin while you're on it.

My review of it is on blog: http://www.angerawrs.co.uk/2014/09/top-3-favourite-foundations.html

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2014 4:00:00 PM More reviews by snowshoe73

I tried one of the cardboard mailer samples first, then I went to Sephora for a larger sample before I committed to the full-size. This is a great foundation! The color I was matched to (medium bisque) is a perfect shade for my light yellow/olive skin. Coverage is light to medium: it can be built up a little but don't expect heavy coverage AND it to remain natural. The formula is light and applies easily: no dragging or piling. It looks wonderful in all lighting, even the dreaded flourescent (and that is nothing short of a miracle!). It stayed put for hours after application and didn't require touching up. It also didn't oxidize (another miracle). My skin has been happy with it: no breakouts or irritation after more than a week of use. The one thing I don't like about the product is its price: as far as foundations go, it's on the higher end of the price scale. But in my opinion, the purchase is worth it.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/13/2014 1:41:00 AM More reviews by PeonyRed

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a foundation that looks beautiful, sounds wonderful, and smells like the entire Macy's perfume section that a child just rampaged through. It's such a shame that it's so heavily scented, as the color was light enough for me and the consistency initially seemed nice.
I'm not terribly against scented foundations, as Chanel's Vitalumiere Aqua works just fine for me, but this one still smells like perfume when it's been on your hand for a bit. Many people do not react well to perfumes on their face, and there is no point having perfume on your face. None at all. So why do higher up 'fashion' brands always seem to feel the need to heavily fragrance their foundations?? All it causes is irritation of the skin. And frankly, I didn't even like the scent to begin with.
Other than that, the foundation coverage was very sheer, which isn't a problem, but it started streaking on me. It would also come off if I touched my face at all. It was slightly drying, too, although I do have drier skin. Still, I moisturized beforehand, and many other foundations are comfortable for me to wear after doing so.
Other than the color, there was no redeeming quality to this foundation, so I returned it. Too bad!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2014 7:09:00 PM More reviews by GirlyGirl05

My 2nd most favorite brand, after the NARS Sheer Matte.
I find that this looks best with the Benefit Porefessional Primer (As so does everything else) and it keeps y matte and shine free for 12-15 hours! I did not reapply, or put powder or anything. It did give my forehead a little bit of a shine after I hit 12 hours, but with no touch-ups or powder application, that is for most of the foundations.

It also comes with a pump, unlike the NARS, where you have to buy separately.

I don't think this will look good on mature or dry skin. Try YSL Touche' Eclat instead.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/9/2014 4:37:00 PM More reviews by DallasCowgirl

This is just an ok foundation, I did break out after I used it but I'm not sure if it was the foundation or the primer that I used...it gave me a nice look but I have many other cheaper foundations that look better than this foundation. I'm going to continue to use it because I paid so much for it but after it's gone I will not repurchase....

****update*****
Thank God I found the receipt and Sephora doesn't have a days limit on when you can return foundation because this just went back to the store...I gave it a couple more chances but it gave me a fake plastic look, and after about 5 hours it separated all over my face.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/5/2014 1:08:00 PM More reviews by Perfection91

This is the worst foundation I've tried.
I never really had a drugstore foundation, but I've tried almost all of the foundations in the mid high end market.

The packaging, isn't very attractive either. It somehow looks like a dwarf to begin with, but it gets even less attractive once the cap is off.

Color options are okay. nothing exceptional. most are in the neutral to warm range.
but the color oxidizes into a weird orange color quite soon... so there is really no point in having different colors.

nicely put, its gel type, but rudely put its nothing more than a bunch of silicones.
usually silicone based foundations like Giorgio Armani blends like silk and sits beautifully on the skin. half blends in and half resurfaces the texture of the skin, covering any imperfections.
But this foundation, on my normal to combination skin looked extremely patchy, flat, and heavy. It was very obvious that I was wearing makeup with just one layer.
It felt very heavy and suffocating to the skin, more so than most other foundations, but the coverage is nothing compared to how heavy it feels.

Basically it has everything that a bad foundation would have.
is expensive, patchy, heavy, yet not as pigmented, doesn't blend in and sits on the skin, oxidizes to orange color, looks flat, transfers, is sticky to touch.
there are better foundations out there for lesser price.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/12/2014 1:58:00 AM More reviews by kira1999

This foundation gave my skin a gorgeous look. My skin tone looked even, glowy and natural. I love the gel texture, it makes the foundation unique and very easy to blend. It has a wide colour range, so your colour will be easy to find. I love this foundation so much, but even with primer and setting powder, it only lasted about five hours before it was gone. So if you don't like touching up or need it to last all day, it sing for you.