Marc Jacobs Genius Gel Super-Charged Foundation

3.3

Aqua/Water/Eau, Dimethicone, Isohexadecane, Neopentyl Glycol Diethylhexanoate, Sorbeth-30, Nylon-12, Peg-30 Dipolyhydroxystearate, Mica, Vp/Eicosene Copolymer, Silica, Aluminum Hydroxide, Peg/Ppg-18/18 Dimethicone, Candelilla Cera/Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax/Cire De Candelilla, Magnesium Sulfate, Methylpropanediol, Pentylene Glycol, Magnesium Stearate, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Paraffin, Sodium Myristoyl Glutamate, Parfum/Fragrance, Butylene Glycol, Sorbitan Laurate, Tocopherol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Acetyl Dipeptide-1 Cetyl Ester, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Bismuth Oxychloride (Ci 77163), Iron Oxides (Ci 77492, Ci 77491, Ci 77499).

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I have moderate to severe breakouts because of OCM. So I'm testing this foundation. Light to medium coverage, can't cover my redness from pimples. The colour, although match my neck and my body, it appears a little pasty (32). My face texture is bumpy due to the breakout, this doesn't make it look better. This instead accentuates my dry patches. Look good in photos but not in reality. For the price, I expect MUCH better.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I'm very conflicted in writing this review--for some reason I really wanted to like this foundation, and while I don't hate it...I'm underwhelmed.

Pros:
- I like the color selection, the lightest shade is light enough for me.
- The finish upon initial application is great. Not too matte or dewy and allows skin to peek through while providing medium coverage. Requires about 2 coats for me.
- Dries quickly and doesn't transfer when touched.
- The scent. Honestly, I normally hate scented foundation, but I really like the smell of this one. Obviously that is a personal preference.

But that's about it...

Cons:
- Slightly drying. I get flaky patches by the end of the day.
- Within 4-5 hours this foundation has almost completely disappeared from the two areas where I need coverage: my red nose and my red/KP/broken capillary-ed cheeks.

If I could get this to look exactly like it does when first applied it would be amazing. I have tried multiple ways of applying with various primers and setting powders. I found the UD Optical Blurring blush to be the best method for me over a paddle-type regular foundation brush or beauty blender. I'm going to keep playing with it to see if I can figure out a way to get it to work because I love how it looks first thing in the morning.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This foundation has no coverage. It's hard to blend, sits on the skin and is hard to work with. It's expensive too. I didn't like it at all. I might as well buy some cheapo drugstore crap.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I'm at a loss as to whether I like or dislike this product. Firstly, packaging: beautiful, love it. Price: horribly outrageous, but I suppose you are really paying for the name on the bottle.

Pros: This product has a subtle, typical foundation scent that is not overpowering. I have applied the product with both a beauty blender and a paddle foundation brush, and I find the product applies seamlessly with light-to-medium coverage. The coverage can be built up easily if you wish to achieve a more full-coverage face. I do find that this product is long lasting.

Cons: I have normal-to-dry skin, and I have NEVER had a problem with my foundation causing oily buildup on my face, but this one does. When I touch my face, I can feel the foundation sitting on the skin as opposed to blending and sinking into my complexion. After a few hours of moderate activity (I work as a server at a private country club), I find my face is SLICK with oil. I have no idea why this foundation reacts this way with my skin, but its extremely strange. You would think a gel-based foundation would make my skin drier, if anything at all. I would highly recommend powder with this product.

Overall, I don't think I would re-purchase this product. The way it sat on my skin was just a no-go for me.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I have really oily skin and used this while I lived in the south bay area of Los Angeles, to give you an idea of the climate I was dealing with. I currently live in WA and it's amazing here too. I honestly LOVE this foundation. It's the best thing that's worked for my skin. I've had other foundation melt off and look cakey after a while. This made it look so natural, like if I didn't have makeup on at all.
This does offer a light coverage but it is build able if you would like more of a coverage for your skin. I break out occasionally, but not due to this foundation, that's just how I am. With that said, I'm okay with the light coverage because I don't require that much to conceal and cover up so I can see why people have said that this is better for people who don't want or need much of a coverage, but I I was able to do two layers to get the coverage that I wanted.
The formula is really light weight and I LOVE that. I hate really thick formulas. I feel like they clog my pores and this, I honestly feel like my skin can breathe just fine through out the day, as if I wasn't wearing any makeup really. I've never experienced this to melt off my face even with my oily skin as some people have experienced, but it may be due to the climate conditions I was exposed to. Even on hot days in LA though, it held up great, well at least for me it did.
The one thing that I wish they would change is the packaging. While I like the way it looks, I feel like it feels like you should get more product from a glance. Once you remove the cap, you can see that almost half of the bottle is the pump itself, it's pretty big. I would prefer more product especially for the amount of money I'm paying for this. It's pricey.
Other than that, I am extremely happy with this product. Worth the money, but like all things, just wish it was not as expensive. A girl can dream, can't she? lol
I would highly recommend this product and to test it first in your area to see if it can hold up to your climate.
I'm moving to Las Vegas, NV in August and I'm going to see if it will hold up there or not. I'll come back and update if anything changes.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I have a big crush on the Marc Jacobs cosmetic line, but this product is definitely the failure of the group. The texture was weird and runny, it oxidized like crazy, basically fell off of my face, and was just overall a crap foundation (and the price! what a waste).

Right out of the bottle, this stuff is thin. Real thin. Just a kind of drippy mess to apply with a brush. And streaky! SO streaky. You'd better dedicate 5 minutes to tireless blending (I was using my favourite Real Techniques foundation blender brush).

Coverage-wise, it's your standard medium formula. Until a few hours later when it all melts off your face. Maybe because I have oily skin? Still... nothing has ever been so short-lasting for me.

Additionally, if you already have decent skin the finish from this foundation probably works great for you. However, as someone with occasional acne/dry spots this just highlighted any slightly flaky areas (ex. a healing pimple).

Overall: if you have clear, relatively even, non-oily yet non-dry skin, this will probably be great for you. If you don't, don't bother.

This worked fine on my dry skin and looked great, but it oxidized so fast. This was the one time I didn't take the time to test out a foundation while buying in-store and I am never doing that again. When I swatched it, the shade looked perfect and I decided to just buy it since the store was busy and I didn't want to stand in the way of anyone. When I got home and put it on my face, by the time I had finished applying it, the color had basically turned completely orange. Other than that I think it was a great foundation, but I don't really want to look like an Oompa Loompa.

I would honetly say this could be my new HG. I'm an addict, tried many brands and types, this foundation beats them all. First the color matched my skin perfectly (beige light), and the texture... Gosh the texture... So in love with the gel texture which hydrates my skin all day and dries in semi matte finish, last for 10 hours on me (high humidity), it stays put and doesn't clog my pores at all. I can just touch or wipe my face and just a teeny bit came off, and still tons melted when cleansed. No transfer whatsoever. Application is a bit tricky, I use my fingers to spread, spray a bit of setting spray on F80 and smooth things out. Once dries, it won't budge. I don't even need to set it with powder. All set to go and looking naturally flawless LOL..

Pros:
Lightweight, feels like own skin
Suprisingly hydrates my skin
No transfer
No powdery look/feel
Amazing pump!

Cons:
Tad expensive
Dries quickly so be careful when applying the product
Can balled up, so better prep skin, scrub before applying

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I guess I'm in the minority for loving this foundation. I went to Sephora for color match and this foundation came out with the best matching colour. Plus I have dry skin and SA told me this one worked great with dryer skin. First of all I was a little skeptical about the color matching machine but it did turn out to work pretty well. This foundation blends so well with my skin tone. It doesn't dry out my skin (I do use a moisturizing primer). It hides discolouration and gives my skin a nice smooth look. It lasts all day for me. I would add this to my list fave foundation list (which was only just Armani and Tom Ford). The price is not cheap. If you're certain, get a sample from Sephora before splurging.

I love this foundation! It stays on all day long,i finally found THE foundation! There is only one problem,it's expensive,in my opinion,but totally worth it!