March 1, 2015 | 698 users online

Blush - BeneFit Cosmetics - Rockateur

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2015 2:49:00 PM More reviews by Bekaxx

Use this blush everyday. It can go on super light or really pigmented depending on the brush and how much you put on but I'm very pale with really pink skin and was scared of blush for that reason but I like this because it's easy to control how much you put in :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2015 5:53:00 AM More reviews by organicmakeupjunkie

Hands down, one of my absolute favorite blushes! Heck, even the design of the blush is gorgeous and eye catching. From the opening design of a faceted rose-colored jewel, to the lovely insignia of the Rockateur etched into the blush, Rockateur is gorgeous rose with a little highlight thrown in that makes your face come alive and gives that perfect oh-so-naturale flush to the face. That very slight glow in this blush isn't a spray over that will be gone after the first couple of uses, which I found nice. It also has a very light perfumey smell that I enjoy, especially considering it doesn't break me out (seriously sensitive skin here). The brush is also nice and is constructed wonderfully for the very use of this blush.

As for addressing the cost of this product, it is expensive. I got lucky and got mine for approximately $20 on eBay. It's worth it because this product seriously lasts. I've had mine for over a year, and can still see some of the Rockateur lettering in the blush. I am not crazy about the bulky design, but I don't mind, as the product is great and worth the extra bulk. A+ on a product very well done, Benefit Cosmetics!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/8/2015 4:33:00 PM More reviews by KodyT13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Grey

Ok I really love this product. I love the packaging, the concept, the color, the long wear, the blend ability! Nothing mean to say, it's a gorgeous rosy gold with a mere hint of shimmer, perfect for a flushed look. Sadly...I'm too pale to really pull it off. I tried, I'm nearly out but it pulls too orange on me and just makes me look clownish. It would look amazing on girls with darker skin tones, or tans but for fair girls, maybe not a great choice. Sad! I really love this but it doesn't work!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/3/2015 7:29:00 PM More reviews by phope18

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a nice colour blush but I find that it's too dark for my pale skin and ends up making me look almost sunburnt. I think it would look great on darker skin but if you have pale skin like me do not buy it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2014 5:07:00 PM More reviews by diepset1

I find this blush to be the best blush Benefit has to offer. I am reviewing the one that is in the Cheeky Sweet Spot set, so it might be different in the separate box. It actually looks like a very dark, intimidating blush, but when you use a light hand, it looks like a very pretty, mauve flush of pink. It does have a slight shimmer to it. I think it looks especially nice on darker skin tones, so latinas would look lovely with this blush on. As for paler skin, it could work, but you must use a light hand.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2014 6:53:00 PM More reviews by CordulaM

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Alright, I bought the "Cheeky Sweet Spot" blush palette so this is one of the colors, so while I can't comment on the cardboard boxes, my metal box is cute ;-* I had originally wanted Coralista and then later swatched Rockateur and fell for that, so when I spotted this set with both I figured it was a win. But unless they changed the formula for mine, I sorta don't get why every calls it "rose gold". Yes, it's rosey and goldish but I see a mauve pull to it. Like, even more so in mine than in the store tester. I had eyed this color in the store previously but couldn't really afford these blushes so when the set came out I grabbed that. But mine doesn't have anywhere near the shimmer that the images have. As a matter of fact, it's kind of matte with a slight sheen. I hope the set isn't a cop out formula wise cuz I'd be PISSED. But I did get 6 colors for the price of one and I use the sugar bomb inside to add highlight. I also don't always want overly shimmery blushes so at the end of the day I do like how this looks but I am kinda disappointed in how they last. This one is 'ok' but many of the colors I would have expected more from for that price point.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2014 3:12:00 AM More reviews by Andi2010

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

When you have pale skin and most blushes lead you into the danger zone of clown-ville, it's fun to have a few in your stash to reach for that you can apply a little more liberally.

Rockateur is a fun spring / summer blush for me. On my NC15 yellow based and slightly paler before I have a chance to get sunkissed skintone, this blush shows as a really pretty gleamy peachy gold on me. I can build it up with a couple of layers and really buff it in for a natural glowy look, it does last on me all day. I still have to be careful not to overdo this blush as building it up too much can make me look sunburnt.

My favourite brushes to apply this one are the ELF Flat Top Powder and the Real Techniques Stipple Brush.

I can see this lasting a long time and should I run out it would be a high contender for replacement.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2014 2:53:00 AM More reviews by vrflo6645

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I usually stick to matte blushes and this one of the very few (maybe 3) shimmery blushes I own.The color is just a gorgeous rose gold pink. When I saw it at the Benefit store I fell in love with the color. When it was applied to my cheeks the amount of shimmer is just right. I didn't look like a glitter bomb. For reference I'm an NC25 and it didn't clash with my skintone! I feel like it adds a bit of warmth to my face but that might be the bronzer I usually pair it with. What I don't like about it is the little brush that comes with it and the scent. Other than that this is one blush I definitely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/6/2014 8:30:00 AM More reviews by Isaberura

I don't regret buying this blush because the color ia just so unique and sexy. It's shimmery and pink and awesome. Just brighten my complexion and my face just by put on this blush.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2014 1:34:00 AM More reviews by iLoveYoutwo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Holy smokes I LOVE, love love this blush! This blush is described as a "Rose gold" "rush of heat" and I would have to agree. My usual favorite is NARS Orgasm / Benefit Dandelion, but I was looking for a more fall/winter/ all year appropriate blush. I went into Sephora and the SA looked at me and told me immediately that this would look gorgeous on me, and so I got a MUA there to try it on me and she was right! I felt like a Victoria's Secret Angel....I mean a blush can't turn you into a VS Angel but this is the color that they would wear! It's warm, and it has very, very fine shimmer (I am always looking into upclose mirrors and I can't even see the shimmer) just a beautiful sexy "I got back from a vacation" glow.

A lot of people like to ask for comparisons, and this is a warmer version or Orgasm in my opinion, and the shimmers are not as noticeable as Orgasm. I plan to use it all year around.

The thing I hate about this blush is the brush it comes with. It's absolutely horrible (very cheap) but if you want to reapply throughout the day, it is convenient to carry around I guess.

Despite the crappy brush, I give this blush solid 5 stars. I can't stop raving about this and want to give it to my gfs for gifts! <3

FYI: I am NC20-25. :)