BeneFit Cosmetics Rockateur

4.4

on 6/24/2015 1:14:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Other, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I love this blush, especially in summer, gives a gorgeous color and glow,

on 6/24/2015 12:48:00 AM

I absolutely love this blush! I was bought it as a gift and while I wouldn't usually go for this colour, it is perfect! I've had so many compliments on my makeup since wearing this! It is very pigmented as well. The packaging is great as I often forget to put lids on things. It also protects it from getting cracked. I do not use the brush provided though.

on 3/28/2015 8:18:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

Hm,I have mixed feeling about this..It's a very nice colour with a lovely glow-y finish but I feel like that you can only see those things only when you swatch it on your hand.I am a NW15 and even if I don't use a light hand,I still get very subtle results,almost as if I didn't put anything on.It works a lot better when I have already applied foundation,so the issue might be when I am applying on bare skin?it doesn't last more that 3 hours on me in both cases,it applies smoothly and almost buttery though.I have been using it religiously for the past 4 months but I still haven't hit the pan.This blush also has a storng citrus-y(?) smell that I personally like and hasn't irritated my skin but it might not work like that for others

on 2/27/2015 2:49:00 PM

Use this blush everyday. It can go on super light or really pigmented depending on the brush and how much you put on but I'm very pale with really pink skin and was scared of blush for that reason but I like this because it's easy to control how much you put in :)

Hands down, one of my absolute favorite blushes! Heck, even the design of the blush is gorgeous and eye catching. From the opening design of a faceted rose-colored jewel, to the lovely insignia of the Rockateur etched into the blush, Rockateur is gorgeous rose with a little highlight thrown in that makes your face come alive and gives that perfect oh-so-naturale flush to the face. That very slight glow in this blush isn't a spray over that will be gone after the first couple of uses, which I found nice. It also has a very light perfumey smell that I enjoy, especially considering it doesn't break me out (seriously sensitive skin here). The brush is also nice and is constructed wonderfully for the very use of this blush.

As for addressing the cost of this product, it is expensive. I got lucky and got mine for approximately $20 on eBay. It's worth it because this product seriously lasts. I've had mine for over a year, and can still see some of the Rockateur lettering in the blush. I am not crazy about the bulky design, but I don't mind, as the product is great and worth the extra bulk. A+ on a product very well done, Benefit Cosmetics!

Ok I really love this product. I love the packaging, the concept, the color, the long wear, the blend ability! Nothing mean to say, it's a gorgeous rosy gold with a mere hint of shimmer, perfect for a flushed look. Sadly...I'm too pale to really pull it off. I tried, I'm nearly out but it pulls too orange on me and just makes me look clownish. It would look amazing on girls with darker skin tones, or tans but for fair girls, maybe not a great choice. Sad! I really love this but it doesn't work!

on 1/3/2015 7:29:00 PM

This is a nice colour blush but I find that it's too dark for my pale skin and ends up making me look almost sunburnt. I think it would look great on darker skin but if you have pale skin like me do not buy it.

on 12/26/2014 5:07:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I find this blush to be the best blush Benefit has to offer. I am reviewing the one that is in the Cheeky Sweet Spot set, so it might be different in the separate box. It actually looks like a very dark, intimidating blush, but when you use a light hand, it looks like a very pretty, mauve flush of pink. It does have a slight shimmer to it. I think it looks especially nice on darker skin tones, so latinas would look lovely with this blush on. As for paler skin, it could work, but you must use a light hand.

on 12/21/2014 6:53:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

Alright, I bought the "Cheeky Sweet Spot" blush palette so this is one of the colors, so while I can't comment on the cardboard boxes, my metal box is cute ;-* I had originally wanted Coralista and then later swatched Rockateur and fell for that, so when I spotted this set with both I figured it was a win. But unless they changed the formula for mine, I sorta don't get why every calls it "rose gold". Yes, it's rosey and goldish but I see a mauve pull to it. Like, even more so in mine than in the store tester. I had eyed this color in the store previously but couldn't really afford these blushes so when the set came out I grabbed that. But mine doesn't have anywhere near the shimmer that the images have. As a matter of fact, it's kind of matte with a slight sheen. I hope the set isn't a cop out formula wise cuz I'd be PISSED. But I did get 6 colors for the price of one and I use the sugar bomb inside to add highlight. I also don't always want overly shimmery blushes so at the end of the day I do like how this looks but I am kinda disappointed in how they last. This one is 'ok' but many of the colors I would have expected more from for that price point.

Update: I like this the more I use it. Yes, I expected more drama from this color initially, but I find myself drawn to it a lot because it is natural enough with that mauve pull, but still striking and flattering. So I am kinda tempted to repurchase when I run out cuz I'm really liking it. Benefit is so extremely growing on me, just the teeniest bit.

on 12/1/2014 3:12:00 AM

When you have pale skin and most blushes lead you into the danger zone of clown-ville, it's fun to have a few in your stash to reach for that you can apply a little more liberally.

Rockateur is a fun spring / summer blush for me. On my NC15 yellow based and slightly paler before I have a chance to get sunkissed skintone, this blush shows as a really pretty gleamy peachy gold on me. I can build it up with a couple of layers and really buff it in for a natural glowy look, it does last on me all day. I still have to be careful not to overdo this blush as building it up too much can make me look sunburnt.

My favourite brushes to apply this one are the ELF Flat Top Powder and the Real Techniques Stipple Brush.

I can see this lasting a long time and should I run out it would be a high contender for replacement.

Popular Blush Products