December 22, 2014 | 1353 users online

Treatments (Face) - Paula's Choice - Skin Perfecting 2% BHA Liquid Exfoliant

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2014 6:26:00 AM More reviews by One1Cherry

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

The only thing i did not like, actually absolutely hated was that i left my skin greasy. Even though i have part dry skin, it still feels ikky and I could not wait to finish it. i'm left with the last few uses, could not get used to it. I've never used a "toner"/liquid exfoliant that feels greasy and it so uncomfortable. I don't know the reason for this but i DO NOT like it and will not repurchase.

That said, this works fine on my skin. I use it every night, Alpha-H liquid gold stink my skin, however i would now dilute it with spring water and it works fine. This did not sting my skin. It did left my skin clear and brighter.

I will get a different formula from Paula's Choice.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2014 10:56:00 PM More reviews by MES

I have dry skin that is clog prone and this made my acne and clogs worse. I like that it's not drying like a lot of other salicylic acid products and it does not sting when applied. I did notice a bit of on on stickiness on my skin after applied this. After a couple days of use I noticed a new pimple forming. After a few more days I had more pimples. I have tried quite a few other products from Paulas Choice and most of them make my skin worse. This seems to be such a great product for so many people, but YMMV I guess.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2014 9:19:00 AM More reviews by roselocious

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Never get wrong with Paula's choice skin care line, i use this bha perfecting liquid to recover my acne face.I have a combination skin, Before i use this product i severe from acnes for long time, its not a cystic acne but i always get around three of it every months and the scars wont fade up.

my first impression for this, its like disinfectant product because of its packaging, so simple... :P not attractive at all. but who knows inside its a bomb. this liquid can be oily and a bit grizzy (tickled) so if u use it whole night will make u uncomfortable, i usually use it in the morning , once a day, use my refiner first and then followed by this liquid and then my emulsion n other make up things. before i blend other product together, i usually wait for about 15 minutes, so the product can absorbs well to my face.

its my holygrail produt to againts acne, it wont unclog ur pores, in contrary it tighten it, it wont erase your blackhead but it does make your acne unable to grow more. this liquid basicly like a mild peeling, so after u use it u will find somekind like ur dead skin show up n its how it works. i will absolutely re purchase it :* love it so much

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2014 1:32:00 AM More reviews by sprite26

Very nice for my combo-oily skin. As an exfoliant it smooths my skin and adds noticeable brightness. But BHA has that purging effect so I often get these annoying little blemishes from using this product (just the bad stuff getting out) but it keeps my pores clean. Also, this dries my skin out like mad so I can only use it 2-3x week at the most.
This is a liquid product that I use after cleansing, like a toner. But unlike most toners it has a really oily texture to it. Generally I use this as an overnight treatment because I find that it yields better results that way.
As much as I like the overall cosmetic effect, this isn't the end-all be-all product I was hoping it would be. It helps very nicely with exfoliation, but it doesn't seem to be helping me much with skin clarity. It brings up the pimples but doesn't help speed up the process of clearing them up. But overall I do like the results it gives me and I would buy it again.
Recommended.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2014 4:55:00 PM More reviews by PorscheGirl1

I can't live without it, it really does keep those white heads away! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 11/7/2014 2:43:00 PM More reviews by madcancer7

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Black

I have gone through 1 bottle and is currently halfway through my second bottle, I do like it because it helps prevent breakouts and clogged pores and leaves my skin clear. I have gone through Accutane before so using this was more of a maintenance for me.

Initially I did really like it because it does what it claims plus it gets rid of zits really fast when I do get them occasionally . However having gone through one bottle, I realised that it is starting to dry out my skin and I don't like the oily feeling it gives after application as it doesn't sink in immediately. Have since switch to the CLEAR Anti redness regular version with 2% salicylic acid as its more lightweight and watery.

However I find that this works really well for my back acne. I have recently for some reason started to break out on my back and I started using this and my back is clear again. Will repurchase this for my back. It still work wonders.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2014 11:34:00 AM More reviews by babybefree

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

i'm surprised by the relatively low ratings for this product! this stuff cleared up my skin after a decade long battle.

my skin: sensitive, dry, prone to dehydration, reactive, break out in clogged pores and whiteheads, mostly around the chin area.

started using this bha back in august. from the first night, i saw that it did seem to have an anti-inflammatory effect on whatever spots i had at the time, so i hoped that it would be a sign of things to come- and it was. within a few days, the tiny clogged pores on my face were cleared up- the kind that you can't usually see but make your face feel bumpy and probably eventually turn into bigger spots.

in time, it helped prevent bigger spots from coming up too. now my skin's not perfect just from this, but it's the healthiest and clearest it's consistently been in the past decade (no exaggeration here). it's so healthy and clear compared to how it's been, that now when i do get a spot or two, i don't panic as much because it's the difference of having a spot and constantly having problem skin (if you know what i mean) so i'm super grateful to this product and am currently looking for other products to add into my routine to help continue progress, like the pc 1% retinol.

so this is a clear liquid that pours out from a hole in the top of the bottle (probably not the best packaging but it's good enough). i pour 2-3 drops into my palm and apply with my other fingers so no product is wasted in cotton balls. i apply it to dry, cleaned skin ( i use cerave foaming cleanser and like to wait ~ 20 minutes before applying this toner because it seems to work better for me but this may not be necessary). i do wait another 20 minutes before applying anything else though since i was told the ph adjusts in that time.

i like to use it in the morning and sometimes at night too. it's surprisingly moisturizing as a toner in the morning, which works for me right now since i'm in the process of looking for a moisturizer. if i start to get dried out, i just cut back to once a day. but my skin is super dry so i imagine most normal or oily skin types wouldn't have too much issue with this.

if you try this, stick it out for a few weeks at least to see the long term effects that can come from continued use of a quality bha. this is the product i'd recommend to anyone who came to me looking for skincare advice/recommendations.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2014 7:48:00 AM More reviews by katherinebertrand

I swear this has helped my skin so much! Since using this along with other Paula's choice products my pores are smaller and my skin isn't as red!
I recommend this and other Paula's choice products! I did a review on my blog of all the products I've been using if anyone is interested.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2014 12:56:00 AM More reviews by dermagirl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Another great product from Paula's choice! This really tightens and clears the pores on my nose and smooths the skin on the rest of my face. I love this stuff! It totally refines my skin, gently and effectively. This is a night treatment by the way. I apply at night with cotton balls and when I wake the next morning my skin is fabulous: smooth and supple and redness is actually decreased. It contains a cocktail of great ingredients as all of Paulas products do, and I highly recommend if you have sensitive skin but want to try a chemical exfoliant for blackheads on the nose or just to smooth aging skin. Love!!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2014 10:06:00 AM More reviews by krisco110

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My holy grail skincare item. For pretty much my entire teenage and adult life, I dealt with acne and flaky skin. My first big breakthrough happened when I purchased a clairsonic face brush; the next was purchasing this product a few weeks ago.

The Clairsonic helped with exfoliating to some extent, but it wasn't until I started using this BHA liquid that I noticed a big change in my skin. My skin did take a few days to adjust and purged a bit, but once I got past that initial period, my blackheads disappeared. Two weeks later, they're still gone. AMAZING. The texture of my skin is much smoother, and some of my more major wrinkles are even a little less noticeable.

I use this twice a day. I wash my face with a mild Neutrogena product and the Clairsonic, follow with the Paula's Choice skin balancing toner, then I use the Skin Balancing BHA liquid (sparingly, because too much makes my skin feel really sticky). Depending on what my skin feels like after that, I follow that with some combination of the PC antioxidant serum, Skin Resist light moisturizer, and sunscreen. The sunscreen (Coola matte mineral sunscreen, also a fantastic product) doubles as a primer and usually eliminates any residual stickiness from the BHA liquid.

If you have sensitive, oily/combination skin and deal with any sort of blackheads or flakiness, I highly recommend trying out this product!