September 22, 2014 | 2035 users online

Treatments (Face) - Paula's Choice - Skin Perfecting 2% BHA Liquid Exfoliant

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2014 7:21:00 PM More reviews by Romyw

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Another great product from Paula's choice! This really tightens and clears the pores on my nose and smooths the skin on the rest of my face. I love this stuff! It totally refines my skin, gently and effectively. This is a night treatment by the way. I apply at night with cotton balls and when I wake the next morning my skin is fabulous, smooth, and redness is actually decreased.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2014 11:03:00 AM More reviews by Shiahyr

Great product! I have been using Paula Choice's AHA 5% and 8% gel for about a year, and while I did see improvements in my skin tone and pigmentation, I still had an issue with blackheads and some breakouts (not too many but definitely had on my cheeks, forehead and nose). About 2-3 months ago I got a deluxe sample size of the 2% BHA liquid from beauty.com and started using it. Wow, my skin was both much smoother and I have noticed much less blackheads! Now I reach out to the BHA liquid more than I reach out to the 8% AHA because it gives me smoother and clearer skin.

BTW, I looked at Paula Choice's website and I saw that they have a new 2% BHA from the Resist line (anti-aging line), and they say on the website that it was designed for clearer skin + anti-aging, so that will probably be my next purchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2014 3:22:00 AM More reviews by lushlife505

I liked this BHA. It did not irritate my skin and seemed to help with blemishes. Not as well as my benzoyl peroxide but together they work great.
I definitely prefer this over the toners so far. Even though I do like it I am not sure if I like it enough to reorder when I am out. Maybe in the future but not right now.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2014 4:12:00 PM More reviews by Bunnylopez

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've used this liquid for 6 months and my pores are indeed smaller. I had terribly large blackheads on and around my nose and have found if I purge them every two weeks the liquid will better penetrate the pores. This is now a staple in my face routine. It really does work! I strongly recommend purchasing.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2014 3:55:00 PM More reviews by trickmaus

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am just one of those poor unfortunate souls that cannot use Paula's Choice products - they ruin my skin.

I had been using a BHA before this for a long time, and it never broke me out...but I heard such wonderful things about this particular exfoliant, and how it wouldn't dry my skin out like the pads I was using...so I went for it.

My first impression was that everyone who complains about the texture is right...it feels gross and slimy on your skin and it takes a while to sink in fully. However it doesn't smell awful, and I can be patient and wait for it to sink in...or at least, I could have, if this product had done anything at all nice to my face. I did patch test it on my cheek overnight, but it didn't seem to have any immediate effects that would make me think I shouldn't use it, so I went ahead the next night and used it all over my face.

Within a week of starting this, my skin was AWFUL. The number of spots on my face had tripled, and my skin texture started to resemble the skin of an orange...bumpy EVERYWHERE. I thought maybe, just MAYBE this was the purge that people talk about with BHA, so I toughed it out for a month on this...but it only got worse over time.

I then tried to use the 2% Gel Exfoliant (using samples this time), and while it wasn't AS bad, it was still not good.

The pimples, for the most part, went away after I got rid of this product, but it left my overall skin texture bumpy and filled with closed comedones that I have had to go back onto retin-a to get rid of. HATE this stuff.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2014 8:56:00 PM More reviews by kristyb114

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I cannot express how much I genuinely love this product. If I could recommend anything from the PC line it would be this product right here. Fair warning the first time you use it you'l hate the texture. It feels very slick on your face and takes almost a full hour to really absorb. No matter what their website states this is not something I would ever use in the morning. The very first morning I woke up and immediately saw the difference. I break out less and when I do they disappear much faster after I use this.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/8/2014 7:45:00 PM More reviews by salina1

This is a good nightime exfoliant. I use this bha every night it with Resist antioxidant serum and then my own moisturiser. I can say its helping to keep my skin much clearer than before.
I would defo recoomend it

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2014 11:58:00 AM More reviews by bailokaye

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This has reduced my breakouts by at least 50%. I get a lot of whiteheads on my forehead and chin - it really helps my forehead but my chin, not so much. It has no smell, doesn't sting or burn, doesn't seem to dry my skin out, is quick and easy to use, and relatively affordable (~$20 but the bottle lasts a long time). I don't like that it can only be bought on one website though, that's the only downside I can think of.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2014 10:41:00 PM More reviews by DoctorMondo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I LOVE Paula's Choice skincare products. This exfoilient works miracles on the PK (chicken bumps) on my arms. I also use it on my face daily. It helps keep my blackheads at bay. Hooray!

I like what Paula does on her website and podcast too. She's not shy about boasting about products outside her line and she and her team are an excellent resource for honest info on skincare and beauty advice.

Check out Paula's Choice. You won't be sorry.

The only con is that you have to order through the mail. However, if there is a problem with your order or a product does not work for you, they will refund your money quickly.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2014 1:35:00 PM More reviews by agibeault

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Fantastic exfoliant (nighttime only). I use this in combination with the 2% body treatment, depending on if my skin feels dry or not. I squirt the liquid on my hand and rub on either my face or body...I don't bother with cotton balls as they are not necessary and waste product. This is great to use on freshly waxed or shaved areas as well. I can't use the liquid every day as it can be drying, but on days I can't use the liquid, the body treatment is a great substitute. A must-have!