July 29, 2014 | 1887 users online

Treatments (Face) - Paula's Choice - Skin Perfecting 2% BHA Liquid Exfoliant

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2014 8:56:00 PM More reviews by kristyb114

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I cannot express how much I genuinely love this product. If I could recommend anything from the PC line it would be this product right here. Fair warning the first time you use it you'l hate the texture. It feels very slick on your face and takes almost a full hour to really absorb. No matter what their website states this is not something I would ever use in the morning. The very first morning I woke up and immediately saw the difference. I break out less and when I do they disappear much faster after I use this.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/8/2014 7:45:00 PM More reviews by salina1

This is a good nightime exfoliant. I use this bha every night it with Resist antioxidant serum and then my own moisturiser. I can say its helping to keep my skin much clearer than before.
I would defo recoomend it

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2014 11:58:00 AM More reviews by bailokaye

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This has reduced my breakouts by at least 50%. I get a lot of whiteheads on my forehead and chin - it really helps my forehead but my chin, not so much. It has no smell, doesn't sting or burn, doesn't seem to dry my skin out, is quick and easy to use, and relatively affordable (~$20 but the bottle lasts a long time). I don't like that it can only be bought on one website though, that's the only downside I can think of.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2014 10:41:00 PM More reviews by DoctorMondo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I LOVE Paula's Choice skincare products. This exfoilient works miracles on the PK (chicken bumps) on my arms. I also use it on my face daily. It helps keep my blackheads at bay. Hooray!

I like what Paula does on her website and podcast too. She's not shy about boasting about products outside her line and she and her team are an excellent resource for honest info on skincare and beauty advice.

Check out Paula's Choice. You won't be sorry.

The only con is that you have to order through the mail. However, if there is a problem with your order or a product does not work for you, they will refund your money quickly.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2014 1:35:00 PM More reviews by agibeault

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Fantastic exfoliant (nighttime only). I use this in combination with the 2% body treatment, depending on if my skin feels dry or not. I squirt the liquid on my hand and rub on either my face or body...I don't bother with cotton balls as they are not necessary and waste product. This is great to use on freshly waxed or shaved areas as well. I can't use the liquid every day as it can be drying, but on days I can't use the liquid, the body treatment is a great substitute. A must-have!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/15/2014 1:31:00 AM More reviews by Magapurna

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Grey, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I've been using this product for 6 months and while I can't say that it made my skin "perfect" it definitely reduced the number of breakouts. I use it only at night as it does not absorb well and leaves behind a shiny layer. I use CLEAR Regular Strength Anti-Redness Exfoliating Solution With 2% Salicylic Acid for the day which absorbs very well and also contains 2% BHA.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/14/2014 10:11:00 PM More reviews by bakal

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

2% Not strong enough to rid or eliminate blackheads but good step to add to routine if you don't have a toner/serum product already. I think this might be more beneficial for acneic skin for younger women, I'm 40 and live in a dry cimate...it was way too harsh for me AND it didn't perform after almost a month of daily use. Paula's products just strip and coat the face in acids...with combo to dry skin a woman needs products that nourish, feed, and protect the skin. Also, Paula's prices for her generic products are OUTRAGEOUS, but she is the one who introduced me to properly researching products and assessing needs before buying skincare products.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/13/2014 9:53:00 PM More reviews by nmaf23

I AM A PAULA' S CHOICE CONVERT NOW!!...I don't have troubled skin but I have had clogged bumpy pores on my nose as well as bumps around my eyebrows for the longest time and have tried every thing to clear it up but NOTHING worked until this. My face was clear after less than a week of use day and night . I am looking forward to trying other BHA products from Paula but so far its one of my most effective skincare products and Im loving it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2014 11:45:00 PM More reviews by Eire1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I had the sample so this didn't get rid of my acne in one day but it didn't make it worse. This had a gel like texture and there was enough to spread all over my face. It woar well under my sunscreen and I didn't get any redness. I'm not sure what the Ph is yet the percentage of beta hydroxy acids are enough to get skin benefits. As with all skin peels a broad spectrum with a spf of 15 or more is needed.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2014 10:55:00 AM More reviews by ca_sent_beau

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have always had a bottle of this product for over a decade. This product works as promised: it does exfoliate both the surface of the skin and within the pores, it reduces bumps and leaves skin smooth. BUT it does not have a cosmetically elegant texture. Quite on the contrary, it feels very slippery and does not absorb well. I found it impossible to use it during the day, as it does not leave a desirable finish and does not layer well with other product. Also, it is quite strong. When used every night it can leave me with dry patches, especially in the winter when my mostly normal skin gravitates to dry.
Now, since Paula's choice has introduced a new 2% BHA product called "Resist Daily Pore Refining Treatment" I no longer see a reason to repurchase the BHA Liquid Exfoliant. Between the two, the Resist Daily Pore Refining Treatment is vastly superior: it has a water-like, almost imperceptible texture, that layers very well with other products. I find it plenty of effective yet a bit milder, too. If you are in the market for a BHA exfoliant, Paula's Choice is THE place to look, and I would suggest starting with the new Resist Daily Pore Refining Treatment instead of the BHA Liquid Exfoliant.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No