January 30, 2015 | 1843 users online

Treatments (Face) - Paula's Choice - Skin Perfecting 2% BHA Liquid Exfoliant

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2015 3:55:00 PM More reviews by dededa80

I am 35 and suffer from adult acne and also have super sensitive and dry skin. I've tried so many different creams, lotions, alpha/beta peels, facials, and just anything under the skin to change my skin condition. Nothing really helps, and when it does it is just temporary. I stumple upon this product as I was reading up on Paula's Choice, and my I wish I pick this up a long time ago. You can tell a difference in your skin the next day. My skin is smoother now, black heads around the nose are dimishing and it has controlled my break out. I don't think I ever want to live without this product. It has done amazing things to my skin that I've never experienced before. The overall, packaging, price and product is great. I highly recommend it.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/12/2015 5:44:00 AM More reviews by AlexandraN

Have had an interesting journey with this product. Purchased way back in 2012 as an alternative to my Benzoyl Peroxide which kept me 85% clear but was looking for something more. When I swapped out the BzP my skin was not necessarily any better with this produc and left me with a slightly odd shiny finish to my skin. Therefore I swapped back to BzP simply because I preferred my skin to be drier.

After moving back home for the summer this year I watched a video by Wayne Goss (<3) who suggested that Bha and Bzp would work the best in conjunction together. I decided to give it a go, initially my skin burned a lil and in fact it still does occasionally if I used too much product. Although it burns there is never any redness and applying Bzp 10 mins after this product gets rid of the tacky finish.

Anyway two months later and I can say my skin has not been this consistently good since I began using these two products together. My skin is more even and I am 95-100% now. I ran out of the BHA liquid and repurchased another one immediately!

I don't think any one product will save your skin from acne but I definitely believe a good routine will. You need:

1) A gentle cleanser to remove makeup and re-balance skin with nothing thats going to fight acne...you can do that in later steps and avoid irritation
2) This BHA! Perfect consistency to use as a toner. Goes deeper into pores and exfoliates and unplugs pore. Anti-inflammatory too!
3) Benzoyl Peroxide at 2.5% percentage 10 minutes later to kill surface bacteria and oxygenate pores
4) Moisturizer with SPF during the day, General Moisturizer at night to restore balance. Don't think you need to stick to oil-free moisturizers either. By adding good oils to your skin (shea, jojoba, mineral) you are restoring balance and preventing the skin from overworking to create more oil. I like to add Jojoba to my moisturizer at night

This liquid exfoliant is amazing and has honestly changed my skin! I am so much happier having no makeup days now.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2014 10:42:00 PM More reviews by luvhydration

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Penetrates/degunks my skin/pores, whiteheads, blackheads, and papules/pustules. Couldn't be happier with a chemical exfoliant - although I think I'm actually going to buy the gel next time. If this makes your skin feel "greasy", you should probably just use a little less of it and maybe dilute it with water. Thank you Paula for another great CRUELTY-FREE product.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/24/2014 2:02:00 AM More reviews by QWERTY2345

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This is by far the most outstanding BHA exfoliant on the market. It dissolves dead skin cells and significantly reduces the amount of blackheads and breakouts I normally get.

Some people complain this product feels a little sticky, thatís because theyíre using too much of it Ė but itís also due to the ingredient responsible for penetrating deeper into the pore. If you prefer a more watery texture, they have the Resist Daily Pore Refining Treatment 2% BHA Ė but according to their customer service, that product isnít as potent as this one. It is a bit pricey ($26), but it lasts around 6 months with daily use. Anyone is welcome to use my referral link for $10 off. http://goo.gl/JmDwaq

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2014 6:26:00 AM More reviews by One1Cherry

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

The only thing i did not like, actually absolutely hated was that i left my skin greasy. Even though i have part dry skin, it still feels ikky and I could not wait to finish it. i'm left with the last few uses, could not get used to it. I've never used a "toner"/liquid exfoliant that feels greasy and it so uncomfortable. I don't know the reason for this but i DO NOT like it and will not repurchase.

That said, this works fine on my skin. I use it every night, Alpha-H liquid gold stink my skin, however i would now dilute it with spring water and it works fine. This did not sting my skin. It did left my skin clear and brighter.

I will get a different formula from Paula's Choice.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2014 10:56:00 PM More reviews by MES

I have dry skin that is clog prone and this made my acne and clogs worse. I like that it's not drying like a lot of other salicylic acid products and it does not sting when applied. I did notice a bit of on on stickiness on my skin after applied this. After a couple days of use I noticed a new pimple forming. After a few more days I had more pimples. I have tried quite a few other products from Paulas Choice and most of them make my skin worse. This seems to be such a great product for so many people, but YMMV I guess.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2014 9:19:00 AM More reviews by roselocious

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Never get wrong with Paula's choice skin care line, i use this bha perfecting liquid to recover my acne face.I have a combination skin, Before i use this product i severe from acnes for long time, its not a cystic acne but i always get around three of it every months and the scars wont fade up.

my first impression for this, its like disinfectant product because of its packaging, so simple... :P not attractive at all. but who knows inside its a bomb. this liquid can be oily and a bit grizzy (tickled) so if u use it whole night will make u uncomfortable, i usually use it in the morning , once a day, use my refiner first and then followed by this liquid and then my emulsion n other make up things. before i blend other product together, i usually wait for about 15 minutes, so the product can absorbs well to my face.

its my holygrail produt to againts acne, it wont unclog ur pores, in contrary it tighten it, it wont erase your blackhead but it does make your acne unable to grow more. this liquid basicly like a mild peeling, so after u use it u will find somekind like ur dead skin show up n its how it works. i will absolutely re purchase it :* love it so much

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2014 1:32:00 AM More reviews by sprite26

Very nice for my combo-oily skin. As an exfoliant it smooths my skin and adds noticeable brightness. But BHA has that purging effect so I often get these annoying little blemishes from using this product (just the bad stuff getting out) but it keeps my pores clean. Also, this dries my skin out like mad so I can only use it 2-3x week at the most.
This is a liquid product that I use after cleansing, like a toner. But unlike most toners it has a really oily texture to it. Generally I use this as an overnight treatment because I find that it yields better results that way.
As much as I like the overall cosmetic effect, this isn't the end-all be-all product I was hoping it would be. It helps very nicely with exfoliation, but it doesn't seem to be helping me much with skin clarity. It brings up the pimples but doesn't help speed up the process of clearing them up. But overall I do like the results it gives me and I would buy it again.
Recommended.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2014 4:55:00 PM More reviews by PorscheGirl1

I can't live without it, it really does keep those white heads away! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 11/7/2014 2:43:00 PM More reviews by madcancer7

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Black

I have gone through 1 bottle and is currently halfway through my second bottle, I do like it because it helps prevent breakouts and clogged pores and leaves my skin clear. I have gone through Accutane before so using this was more of a maintenance for me.

Initially I did really like it because it does what it claims plus it gets rid of zits really fast when I do get them occasionally . However having gone through one bottle, I realised that it is starting to dry out my skin and I don't like the oily feeling it gives after application as it doesn't sink in immediately. Have since switch to the CLEAR Anti redness regular version with 2% salicylic acid as its more lightweight and watery.

However I find that this works really well for my back acne. I have recently for some reason started to break out on my back and I started using this and my back is clear again. Will repurchase this for my back. It still work wonders.