July 30, 2014 | 1351 users online

Masks - Freeman - Rose Brightening Facial Paper Mask

rated 4 of 5 on 6/24/2014 1:53:00 AM More reviews by gracy775

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This didn't cause any redness or irritation on my skin (my skin is used to peeling products or whitening products..so this was nothing) ...the packaging said to put it on only for 5-10minutes but I left it on my face for 25minutes. It really brightened up my skin when I removed it. It is quite effective and it does have a peeling effect on the skin. I've tried oh so many korean sheet masks and this Freeman's mask is as good as those popular Korean ones. I would have liked that it have more serum in it, but can't complain with the low price! Will repurcharse for sure!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/5/2014 1:16:00 AM More reviews by Jaytexas

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

This did nothing noticeable to my skin! It left a sticky residue after rising thoroughly and I ended up having to wash my face again. Although I did not have any issues with the mask fitting my face, I think they should've made the mask's in a variety of sizes (S/M/L) instead of a one size fits all. I liked the concept though.. Too bad because I really excited to try this mask :/

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2014 9:18:00 PM More reviews by BeccahH

I don't understand the bad reviews for this mask. I used it ;last night & woke up to glowing skin in the morning. I applied my eye moisturizer & some rose hip seed oil over the top before going to bed. My skin was smooth & glowing this am. I am 32, I think this is a stronger exfoliation, so younger or sensitive skin should probably find a different mask.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/14/2014 7:31:00 AM More reviews by carbongrey

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm a fan of freeman facial masks, but stay FAR AWAY from this one unless you've got tough skin. I have normal skin and this mask turned my face bright red after maybe five minutes of wear. While I was wearing the mask I didn't experience any stinging or tingling but now I look like I have a sunburn. The packaging is terrible and leaks everywhere as soon as you open it. The paper mask is very fragile and rips if you try to move it around much. The shape of the mask is also very awkward.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2014 7:50:00 PM More reviews by cathykl

Ingredients from Freeman's website:
Water/Aqua/Eau, Niacinamide, Glycerin, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Sodium PCA, Ascorbic Acid, Glycolic Acid, Lactic Acid, Rosa Canina Flower Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Disodium EDTA, Allantoin, Pectin, Polysorbate 20, Sodium Benzoate, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylisothiazolinone, Fragrance (Parfum), Red 40, (CI 16035).

I like using masks when I've been stressed or really tired and my skin needs a boost, and I especially like the paper masks (which you can make yourself using cotton sheets and dousing them in serum or a good quality alcohol-free hydrating toner) or "sleeping masks" because they are less messy and not drying like clay-based masks. This one is mostly water, niacinamide and glycerin which is good for moisturising. Some cannot tolerate niacinamide/the preservative ingredients so be careful if you are very sensitive-skinned.

I found this to be easy to apply and not messy at all - I just peeled the mask off, stuck it to my face and squeezed out the rest of the serum from the packet and applied that to my neck and a bit around my eyes. This mask has a light rosy scent that I couldn't smell after a minute. I press the mask in for a minute or so to help the serum absorb, and then go about my housework, reading or work for 10-15 minutes or so before removing the actual "paper" mask.

When I finally remove the paper, I pat in any remaining serum that's still on top of my skin. I didn't feel the need for moisturiser or anything and my skin felt very soft. I also noticed redness had gone down and my skin was no longer itchy or tight-feeling (cold weather = my skin gets much drier, I'm sure this happens to most people!). I don't need any lotions/creams after using it and my make-up applies nicely once the serum has soaked in.

Overall - yes, I would and do repurchase this. The scent was light enough that my sensitive skin and nose wasn't bothered by it, and it really perks up my skin - leaving it moist and soft. Great after a flight, too.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2013 2:21:00 AM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

While I didn't experience any irritation from this mask, it was too small to work around my face and I was afraid the serum in it would get in my eyes since the eye holes were close to covering them. It has a nice artificial rose scent but it is a bit strong. It left my face soft and didn't break me out. I have oily, sensitive skin so I am glad that I didn't get any stinging or redness. This mask is just too small to work with. Any excess serum left on your face can be patted dry easily. I will probably not buy this mask again since I like the paper masks from Montagne Jeunesse better.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2013 9:11:00 PM More reviews by Alicia411

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Was excited to see some new Freeman masks since I have had great success with many of their other ones. For a drug store face brightening mask, this stuff is strong!! Be careful though, not a good idea to use this stuff if you are using a retinol product of any kind, or another type of exfoliant. So I washed my face, tore open the packaging, light rose smell, but nothing overpowering. It dripped a bit, but not like it was getting everywhere, I unfolded it, and placed it over my face the best I could (it's smaller than most other paper masks I have tried), and waited 3 - 5 minutes.. DO NOT GO OVER!! :O In this time I felt tingling, nothing overbearing, and when took it off my face was red, like a sunburn, and yes that is normal... redness was gone in 20 min. but wow my face was soooo smooth. For a few days later my skin was indeed brighter and more radiant. For $2 I would say to give this a try if your skin is not overly sensitive and if you do not all ready use an exfoliant/retinol. I will probably only be using this once in awhile as it is so strong.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/24/2013 12:03:00 AM More reviews by edendani17

I was really excited to buy this product since it promised to brighten your complexion while being only about $2. I've had really good luck with all of the other Freeman face masks so I had pretty high hopes for this. First thing I noticed when I opened the package was how much liquid there was... I mean, just picking it up and this reddish liquid dripped EVERYWHERE. The quality of the mask was a bit unusual since I'm used to sheet masks that have a more cottony feel, but I passed it off since it was so cheap. So I drip some of the excess liquid off, try to put it on my face (which was difficult with the material) and waited. Within twenty seconds, I felt a really nice tingle on my face followed by a straight up burning in my eyes. I mean I know some of their other masks can make your eyes a little uncomfortable but WOW... this was incredibly unpleasant. I would have to keep my eyes closed completely shut or else it would be very uncomfortable. It smelt very nice but it was hard to enjoy with my eyes burning. After taking it off, like everyone said my face was red but it was VERY smooth and over the next couple days I noticed my complexion was slightly better.

Overall: I would not buy again. Too much liquid, needs a better mask material, uncomfortable burning in eyes, and although it was effective enough for $2, the cons outweigh the pros on this one.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/19/2013 12:15:00 AM More reviews by nadienne

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

It's a Glycolic and lactic acid peel in the form of a paper mask - it's the first of the Freeman products I tried, since my facialist recommended a Glycolic peel to help with my fine lines. I didn't find the smell overpowering at all, but the mask was a pain: it didn't fit my face well, so I had to tear it a bit, and corners kept folding and sticking to itself. Once I got it on, though, it was pleasantly tingly. My face was red upon removal - which the website says is normal - and that faded after a half hour or so. It's been a week, and my face is still smoother and brighter. I'd recommend it if you're not too sensitive - it seems pretty effective for a drugstore peel, and you can't beat the price.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 8/7/2013 10:51:00 PM More reviews by chemistryfordummies

I have tried a few of the Freeman masks/scrubs and I've enjoyed them. Let me just say, this face mask irritated my skin like nothing I've EVER used before. Now, I have somewhat sensitive skin but I can tolerate most face products. The directions say to leave the paper mask on for 5 - 7 minutes, I believe, but I couldn't keep it on for more than a minute. I had put it on my face, and IMMEDIATELY my eyes started burning. Figured they added to much fragrance, because the fake rose scent was a bit overpowering. Whatever, I said. A few seconds later, I felt my face BURNING. The sensation I felt was nothing like I had ever felt before. I couldn't do it. I took the mask off and rinsed my face for about 5 minutes and the burning still did not stop. My entire face had turned bright red and it looked like I had a sunburn with sunglasses on. What a joke of a face product. Looking at the packaging makes me cringe and I can still feel the faint feeling of a burn on my face.