September 1, 2014 | 2171 users online

Gels/Soaps - Olay - Soothing Cucumber cleansing body wash

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2014 7:57:00 PM More reviews by twisthate

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Smells fresh , get my skin clean and doesnt dry it out

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2013 12:37:00 PM More reviews by angiee0215

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

My skin in Winter: Dry flaky, dehydrated skin. I live in Wisconsin, so moisture in the winter is an essential.

I finished up a 2 fl oz sample of this body wash, which took two weeks to finish up on a daily basis.

Pros
-more moisturizing than typical body washes
-smells fresh like cucumbers (which is not a problem for me, but those who are sensitive to fragrance may not like this considering it is pretty strong)
-mousse/gel like texture (as the other reviewer stated)
-cleanses well
-makes skin feel silky smooth in the shower

Cons
-I didn't find it lathered very well - but that is probably because of the moisturizing elements, but I found I had to use more than directed because it did not lather well
-It contains mineral oil - which I am extremely sensitive to on my face. Therefore, I cannot use this on my face, but i love it when I can use body wash on my face when I am in a hurry.
-moisturizing but not enough to where I didn't have to apply body lotion afterwards

While this product was great at moisturizing my skin, I will not be repurchasing because of the lack of lather, it was moisturizing but not heavy duty enough and it is still fall and not even winter yet in Wisconsin. Also, I wish I could use this on my face without the worry of pizza face.

Therefore, if you have sensitive severely dry skin and you like 2 in 1s then this is not for you. However, if you do not have dry skin or live in a much more humid climate, this is for you. Or if you do not mind adding body lotion on after the shower, which I would rather just buy regular body wash then that foams and lathers more.

I rated it 4 lippies because it did not meet my needs and the clams of being super moisturizing were not true in my eyes (one lippie off for that). However, based on your needs as above, this might work out for you because the things I mostly did not like about it were not clams the product was making, just personal preference, so I do not see the need to take off lippies for that. I am not repurchasing right now, but if I do, I will update

rated 3 of 5 on 8/8/2013 12:32:00 AM More reviews by GermanChocolat7

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Infused with avocado oil. This does not moisturize as intensely as Olay 2 in 1 Essential Oils Ribbons Avocado Oil + Soothing Cucumber moisturizing body wash (which is more creamy, and looks like avocado puree, whereas this is more gel-like in texture) however, it still hydrates and softens, and doesn't dry my skin; it actually makes it smooth. Not sure if the moisture is long-lasting, as I use Olay Soothing Cucumber body lotion after this. It has a soothing and indulgent fragrance; the scent is cool, crisp, and fresh, and lingers lightly after showering. I smell more cucumber than avocado, whereas the moisturizing body wash smells more like avocado than cucumber. This does not lather as well as the moisturizing body wash.