Almay Almay intense i-color shimmer-i kit for blue eyes

3.3

on 6/13/2014 6:37:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a fun trio but I personally wouldn't wear them at one time. I tried it but it looked tacky and overly shimmery. The dark blue color is my fave and it's works great for the outer corners :) I'm not a big eyeshadow wearer but that color is great for the occasional time I do. I can't vouch too much on the staying power as I haven't worn them for long periods of time.

on 8/10/2013 11:49:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

On the "If you ran out or lost the product" question, I was very torn on how to answer. On one hand, the colors are very lovely, very pigmented, almost high quality. On the other hand, this shadow is very difficult to wear as a personal thing. For one thing, it smells sickly sweet, like Triaz wipes. Next, it's almost impossible to wear this as a day look, even with glasses, without looking skanky. This product works strictly as an evening shadow, and then you have to be very careful with makeup pairings. I overall answered yes to the above question because I might purchase another depending on how my social life looks in a few years, in the meanwhile, I'll keep using the one I have.

on 8/7/2013 7:38:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Although my eyes are more green than blue when I recently colored my hair to a dark plum/brown (originally red) most of the original colors I wore (gold, copper brown) looked hideous. All of a sudden i was forced to wear either bright colors, or cool toned dark smokey colors. I picked this trio up and instantly fell in love with it for a quick and easy look. It comes with a lilac toned light shimmery grey, a deep blue that comes across more bright when applied and a pale pink as a highlight.

The silver and blue colors are nicely pigmented but the pink shadow definitely lacks pigmentation and is chalky but looks nice with the other two shadows when applied as a highlight.

Now that my hair is starting to fade to its natural color, i don't use this trio too often. The colors are unique but overall I have found better eyeshadows in wet n wild and NYX as well as the other trios I own.