July 31, 2014 | 1921 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Super Lustrous Shine - Lovers Coral

rated 3 of 5 on 7/27/2014 12:01:00 PM More reviews by Rubyredpumps

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I did look up swatches before buying this but somehow it escaped me that it had teeny gold sparkles. The first couple of times I wore this I hadn't noticed but now on my third application I can feel them just a little. Not nearly as annoying as the lip butters but I still would have liked to know. I knew this was on the sheer side and with my pigmented lips, I can still see a really pretty coral tint. I think this shade is strange to include with their mostly opaque line. I think it's a very pretty everyday lip shade.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2014 3:16:00 PM More reviews by Seadoo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Other

Revlon Super Lustrous lipstick is one of my long time favorites. I did not realize this was a new "shine" formula. For this particular color:

Pros
Shiny on the lips
Pretty color in the tube

Cons
No color on the lips, just a light tint
No lasting power
Tiny sparkles that get all over your skin
What color there is settles into lip lines
Nothing more than a lip balm

Returned

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2014 1:41:00 PM More reviews by Rachel1234

This is a really pretty warm-pink/coral color. Satin finish with teensy tiny gold sparkles (not a lot, just the right amount to add dimension). It is sheer and shiny. Not as sheer as a tinted lip balm .... I'd say it has a little more pigment than that .... But it is a sheer finish. Very shiny, slick and moisturizing on lips.

I think it's gorgeous! Very luminous and dimensional. A really pretty springtime-summer MLBB color that seems extremely wearable. I can't imagine a skintone this would not look lovely on! :)

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 9/14/2013 10:49:00 AM More reviews by luciaq

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

My love with this has dwindled over time and frustration. Yes this is a gorgeous color, sheer coral with gold sparkles, but my lips are already pigmented, and these only add a tint of color. If the color can be layered that would be perfect but it doesn't. No matter how many times I apply it refuses to intensify. Lasting power is only average, similar to tinted lip balm, which means only 2-3 hours and reapply after eating/drinking.

I would call this a marketing failure because it is sold alongside other Revlon Super Lustrous lipsticks and it's impossible to know which is sheer, which is pigmented. I don't like the blind purchase approach. Customers should be well informed.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/7/2013 4:44:00 PM More reviews by ScNaiad

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I stumbled upon this while at rite-aid the other day. I believe its a new color and in the tube it is so gorgeous I had to have it. However when I bought it I was SO SO SO disappointed I could cry. It should be labeled as a tinted lip balm not a lipstick because there pretty much zero pigment in it at all and I have really light colored lips. The formula is nice and as a tinted lip balm its doable, but for the price it is definitely not worth it to me.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No