Revlon Super Lustrous Shine - Lovers Coral

2.6

on 2/10/2015 11:10:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Edit-the joe fresh shine lipsticks are what this line tried to be. Sheer and moisturizing and look good. The revlon's 'moisturization' is like thin slick waxiness.

A ll the Revlon lipsticks in this particular formula are fails. This is a money grab, but it sucks so much that most people would not repurchase. The pigmentation is nil, lasting power is nil, colours can be duped for the better by other drugstore lines or even the Revlon SL normal lipstick range.

on 12/9/2014 2:33:00 AM

I like this sheer moisturizing formula. I just really like tinted lipstick that doesn't make my lips dry. I like my daytime like natural and don't like too dramatic lips. If you don't like sheer lipstick, don't buy this.

on 8/31/2014 7:39:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This is a really pretty colour but unfortunately it doesn't really show up very well on my lips as it's quite sheer and my lips may be naturally too pigmented. It would probably work much better on someone fairer or who has naturally lighter coloured lips.

The formula is quite moisturising though so I just use it as a normal balm, however I notice that it's sometimes quite patchy (as I find with most lighter colours), especially if my lips are slightly drier.

on 8/22/2014 4:21:00 PM

I suppose the fact that I find this lipstick useless is my fault, because I did not notice that the gigantic display of well-reviewed Revlon lipstick had seven different categories of formula. However, I still find this lipstick useless. It doesn't even give my lips a tint, just a bit of shine for ~5 minutes.

What I have been doing is setting this "lipstick" with a bit of coral eyeshadow, which lasts for a while. It is, however, a pain. No way will I repurchase anything from this line.

on 7/27/2014 12:01:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I did look up swatches before buying this but somehow it escaped me that it had teeny gold sparkles. The first couple of times I wore this I hadn't noticed but now on my third application I can feel them just a little. Not nearly as annoying as the lip butters but I still would have liked to know. I knew this was on the sheer side and with my pigmented lips, I can still see a really pretty coral tint. I think this shade is strange to include with their mostly opaque line. I think it's a very pretty everyday lip shade.

on 3/24/2014 3:16:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

Revlon Super Lustrous lipstick is one of my long time favorites. I did not realize this was a new "shine" formula. For this particular color:

Pros
Shiny on the lips
Pretty color in the tube

Cons
No color on the lips, just a light tint
No lasting power
Tiny sparkles that get all over your skin
What color there is settles into lip lines
Nothing more than a lip balm

Returned

on 3/14/2014 1:41:00 PM

This is a really pretty warm-pink/coral color. Satin finish with teensy tiny gold sparkles (not a lot, just the right amount to add dimension). It is sheer and shiny. Not as sheer as a tinted lip balm .... I'd say it has a little more pigment than that .... But it is a sheer finish. Very shiny, slick and moisturizing on lips.

I think it's gorgeous! Very luminous and dimensional. A really pretty springtime-summer MLBB color that seems extremely wearable. I can't imagine a skintone this would not look lovely on! :)

on 9/14/2013 10:49:00 AM

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

My love with this has dwindled over time and frustration. Yes this is a gorgeous color, sheer coral with gold sparkles, but my lips are already pigmented, and these only add a tint of color. If the color can be layered that would be perfect but it doesn't. No matter how many times I apply it refuses to intensify. Lasting power is only average, similar to tinted lip balm, which means only 2-3 hours and reapply after eating/drinking.

I would call this a marketing failure because it is sold alongside other Revlon Super Lustrous lipsticks and it's impossible to know which is sheer, which is pigmented. I don't like the blind purchase approach. Customers should be well informed.

on 8/7/2013 4:44:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I stumbled upon this while at rite-aid the other day. I believe its a new color and in the tube it is so gorgeous I had to have it. However when I bought it I was SO SO SO disappointed I could cry. It should be labeled as a tinted lip balm not a lipstick because there pretty much zero pigment in it at all and I have really light colored lips. The formula is nice and as a tinted lip balm its doable, but for the price it is definitely not worth it to me.

Popular Lipsticks