September 23, 2014 | 1950 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Nivea - Moisturising After Sun Lotion With Aloe Vera

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2013 8:23:00 PM More reviews by Jetaime

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I am so thankful for this lotion! I got a deep sunburn on my feet, calves and shoulders while spending too much time at the beach in Costa Rica. The sun is very strong here and consequently, my burn hurt like no other and even caused a bit of swelling. I found this product at the local grocery store. Nivea has never disappointed me so I hoped their After Sun Lotion would be helpful.

I purchased the 125 mL as it was all that was available but wish I had a bigger bottle. This lotion is fairly oily. It's not something I'd use a daily moisturizer but it's perfect for sunburned skin. It absorbs decently and offers a cooling sensation. My skin got tight about every 4 to 5 hours with the burn. As soon as I applied this lotion, I felt instantly better. I liked that it had a fluid consistency. So many after sun products are gel like and a pain to apply before bed or dressing.

As for the scent, I didn't take it as a masculine scent. It was pretty mild after settling in the skin. Hopefully I'll never be burned like this again but either way, I'd definitely reach for this product again!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2013 10:05:00 AM More reviews by MaiTaiMi

I found After Sun while on vacation in Europe. It works so well at moisturizing your skin after laying in the sun that I have started using it as a night cream. I even use it on my very (very!) dry and sensitive face- it doesn't break me out and my face is so much softer!! It is amazing because it's HUGE for the price and works so well. I really enjoy the scent too.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2013 4:33:00 PM More reviews by Adsiome

Really hydrates my skin after sunbathing

rated 4 of 5 on 8/16/2013 7:58:00 AM More reviews by princessmaria

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

just got back from a holiday with temperatures soaring up to 45 degrees, so my skin had lots of sun, heat and sweat!

this felt so lovely being applied to my skin after a day out in the sun. it feels cool and smooth, and it leaves the skin feeling relaxed, calm and moisturised.

the only problem, not even a problem just a minor issue, is the scent. when you first apply it, it does smell slightly masculine.

i also suffer badly with heat rash - it leaves my skin spotty, rashy, bumpy and very red! i look almost diseased, and had some of the locals look at me funny. this is horrendous to have, especially when you are on holiday!! not only does it leave you with unsightly skin and ruined holiday photos, it is incredibly itchy and sore, especially in the sun light. once i applied nivea after sun, my skin didn't feel like it was on fire anymore. it helps reduce the redness and by the morning the rash had disappeared. it took a couple of applications and this really helps it to sink in.

i would repurchase, in fact, i would even use this as a normal body lotion as my skin felt baby soft after using this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2013 6:29:00 AM More reviews by lollsazz

I can't believe there are no reviews for this product!
I bought this first time about 3 years ago, after I used Hawaiian Tropic Sun Oil (horrible product with mineral oil, which makes skin burn instead of getting tan). I got a pretty bad sunburn - really red,the type you usually peel from after. I bought this lotion to try to get rid of the painful burning sensation. This gives a cooling effect on the skin immediately, but on top of that, it actually begins to heal the skin right away! The red colour of the burn went away much quicker and I actually din't even peel! After seeing such amazing results on myself, I tester this lotion out on several other people and got the same effect - redness went away much faster and there was no or much less peeling. Since then, I've always had a bottle of this at my mom's place, at my boyfriend's mom's place and at my own/my boyfriend's place.
Things you probably want to know about this:
- this smells slightly manly - almost the same way Nivea's men's shaving cream smells
- to get the best effect, use at least twice, but maybe even 3 times a day on the area of the sunburn
- this sinks in well and is a great moisturizer