April 16, 2014 | 2057 users online

Moisturizers - Clean & Clear - Morning Burst Hydrating Gel Moisturizer

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2014 5:57:00 AM More reviews by christeeezy

I'm on my second bottle of this stuff, so I guess you can say I've been liking it a lot. I've got a combination skin type, leaning more toward the oily side and this moisturizer feels so amazing on my skin. It's super lightweight and even kind of feels like a face primer. If you're sensitive to products with scents or just don't like heavily scented face products, you'll hate the smell. Lucky for me, I really love the scent and it doesn't cause irritation on my skin. It's a fruity-based aroma that seems to be a blend of cucumbers, bananas and strawberries. The downside to this? It doesn't do well with severely dry spots. I have fairly oily skin, but I still have my share of little bits of dry spots at times and this moisturizer doesn't do much for them. Thankfully, dry spots aren't a big issue for me since I don't get them regularly. Another thing that's kept me coming back to this is because it doesn't break me out and it's only about $5-6 dollars. Oh yeah, but I wish it had SPF in it since it says "MORNING" Burst in the name and seems to be advertised for the day time. Some type of SPF could've been a great addition to this product. But all in all it's still a good product if you're a combo/oily skin type, don't mind fruity scents, and on the market for an affordable moisturizer.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/30/2014 3:29:00 AM More reviews by BBfabgal

It makes my skin feel like a babies bottom but it didn't hydrate my face!

I like this moisturizer when I want my skin to feel soft and smooth.
It is a good product on it's own, but it not that great as a moisturizer.

I have very dry skin and it does make my face soft, however it does nothing to hydrate it.
I still saw dry patches and flakes after application and under foundation.

It feels more like a primer to me but again thats because I have dry skin.
I think that normal and oily skin may benefit more but for dry skin its blah!

So good for feeling soft and smooth, Bad if your looking to hydrate you face.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/25/2014 10:58:00 PM More reviews by lovelydana

I was surprised at how much I liked this moisturizer because I've never been a huge fan of Clean & Clear's products. First, it's only about $5 at Target. And you get quite a bit of product for the price! At first, the scent was a bit too much for me, but after using it a few more times, it grew on me. Now, I actually like how it smells. It has a sweet watermelon/cucumber scent. And I really love how it feels when applying. Because it's a gel, it feels super light and has a slight cooling and refreshing effect. The only downside is that it isn't quite moisturizing enough for my combo skin. However, after applying another layer to my dryer spots, all was well. After a few weeks, I decided that this will be my go-to backup moisturizer. Normally, I would not repurchase something like this, but because it is so cheap, it's a good thing to come back to if my search for a better moisturizer fails.

Overall: good, light moisturizer for someone with oily/acne-prone skin

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2014 3:01:00 PM More reviews by letsmake_up

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this product! leaves my face feeling soft & smooth and it smells amazing!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2014 9:57:00 PM More reviews by Izfinale

My second favorite moisturizer this winter.
It's light and dries fairly quickly. It's not the regular thick and creamy moisturizer. I love the gel consistency.
It leaves my skin soft.
But the part I love is the packaging.
Also I love the scent.
Some people might not like the scent or have sensitive skin that doesn't agree with fragrances.
I haven't had any breakouts or unusual with this product.
I definitely will continue purchasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/10/2014 5:46:00 PM More reviews by Nataliegsno

This moisturizer is definitely worth trying especially considering the price. Since it's a gel I think it's really great for oily skin. I like to layer this moisturizer overtop Clinique's dramatically different moisturizing gel because both provide hydration but not enough by themselves for my skin. The gel absorbs into my skin quickly and doesn't feel greasy at all. I like the smell of this moisturizer but if you didn't the smell is gone once it absorbs into the skin. It doesn't clog my pores and doesn't break me out. I would repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2014 5:35:00 PM More reviews by daisymrgrta

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This moisturizer has done wonders for my skin! I've been treating my acne with benzoyl peroxide cream and my skin has been really dry. I use this stuff and it works wonders! I read the ingredients and was happy to see dimethicone as the 2nd ingredient listed. This stuff works as my primer also. I tried this with a few different dimethicone based rimers and it didn't work well for me at all. My foundation started disappearing around my nose and under my eye area. I decided to wear this moisturizer alone under my foundation and it's worked beautifully! My makeup lasts all day. I have to say it doesn't minimize my pores but I don't have problems with large pores anyway. In conjunction with a primer my pores are minimized but my makeup doesn't last all day like it does when I use this moisturizer alone. For a better reference, I have combination skin that sometimes gets oily on the T-zone. Because of my acne treatment my skin gets dry on my cheeks.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/24/2014 5:03:00 PM More reviews by palermo23

My skin is pretty resilient when it comes to new products. It's really rare my skin breaks out from trying something new and if it does, it's usually fairly minor.
I am dealing with majorly dry skin this winter (-20c winters in Toronto will do that), so when I saw this at the drugstore I thought I would give it a shot. It did help moisturize my skin, I saw an improvement but GOOD GOD did this stuff break me out. Like...major huge zits that are taking forever to go down.
I would say if you have sensitive skin to avoid this product! Yikes!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/16/2014 11:25:00 PM More reviews by indiekicks

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Nothing to write home about but the main reason for the low rating is the SCENT. It's revolting, like some off-brand strawberry banana cereal or something and STRONG.

I'm usually not a stickler about fragrances but this particular one is just ugh. It doesn't even "go" with the theme, if they HAD to give it a fragrance, why not something LIGHT, "refreshing", and aquatic instead of sickly sweet fruity? Yuck.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/3/2014 5:42:00 AM More reviews by Sp0ntaneous

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

At first I really wanted to love this stuff. I have oily skin and thought this would be perfect for it. It did feel nice on my skin, and didn't make me feel like I just put on a thick layer The smell was irritating, as I prefer to put products (especially skin care products) on my face that have no smell. And it ended up breaking me out