October 31, 2014 | 893 users online

Moisturizers - Clean & Clear - Morning Burst Hydrating Gel Moisturizer

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2014 9:50:00 AM More reviews by Missmartinez1014

Love this!!! I use this in conjunction with the morning burst hydrating formula and its the best. I honestly love the smell and this finds the perfect balance between moisturizing and something lightweight. I seriously can't wait till the next morning to use these products I just want to use them all day!!! The packaging is probably the best for traveling and to get the perfect amount which for me is a pea size. This goes a long way.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2014 11:44:00 PM More reviews by Christian2828

I hope Clean and Clear never stops making or changes this product because it is perfect! It's light weight and instantly absorbs yet leaves my skin with this amazing touch of moisture. I use it in the morning and its the best moistroizer and an awesome primer as well. Love love love!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2014 4:26:00 PM More reviews by danielleisacat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I LOVE this product! It leaves my face really hydrated and soft. It smells amazing, without being too strong or having a lingering smell on the skin. A tiny amount goes a long way, I can make a dime-sized amount cover my entire face. It feels super cool and refreshing when applied, and it drys quickly on my face. It reminds me of a higher end product, like CLINIQUE
Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel. This is definitely going to be my new go-to moisturizer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2014 1:29:00 PM More reviews by yallagabig

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I am REALLY surprised by how good this moisturizer is! My skin is naturally very oily, but tends to get dehydrated quickly and frequently. Translation: too much oil, not enough water. This leads to my skin chapping and flaking something fierce. On top of that, my skin is also very sensitive, so I have to be extremely careful about what I put on it. None of the standard mega-moisturizers were cutting it for me--Cetaphil, Cerave, even straight up oils--they were all adding to my dryness or, at best, maintaining it. This Clean & Clear moisturizer was a bit of an impulse purchase; I liked the cleanser version of it (Morning Burst hydrating cleanser, in the blue bottle) and figured maybe the moisturizer would provide a little extra hydration and smell good too. Yes, it smells delicious, and it provides a lot more hydration than I expected! I wear this at night, and when I wake up, my skin is soft and the chapping is all gone. I'm really surprised, because we're always told that the thick, heavy moisturizers will be more moisturizing, whereas the light, gel-like ones won't provide enough. So wrong! If your skin is oily but dehydrated and chapped, I highly recommend this (and it's only like $7 at CVS, probably less at other stores). It has a lovely gel texture, smells like fruity candy, and glides on smoothly. It's a really pleasant experience to apply this moisturizer -- cooling and soothing. The artificial fragrance and color did NOT irritate my sensitive skin at all (though everyone's skin is different, so YMMV). I would also recommend this as a dupe to Clinique's Moisture Surge gel moisturizer -- same consistency and texture, with an even deeper degree of moisture I think. Also, extra points for the tube packaging: both hygienic and ergonomic. Surprisingly, this is one of the best moisturizers I have ever used!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2014 1:02:00 AM More reviews by lushlife505

Was looking forward to trying this but it was too heavily scented.
I do not mind a nice scent but this smells childish and is fairly strong.
I also saw no benefit for my skin type.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/30/2014 1:25:00 AM More reviews by sophiayoung

This moisturizer is great! It doesn't clog my pores and my skin never feels cool and fresh after using it. The only thing I don't like about this moisturizer is the smell (it smells good but a little too strong)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2014 11:54:00 AM More reviews by countrybearjamboree

I orginally raved about this moisturizer. It really is the answer for people with oily skin that is also dehydrated. Dehydrated skin is lacking moisture not oil which is different from dry skin. Diet, treatments, medications, weather all play a factor in causing dehyrated skin. This moisturizer helps soothe those dry flaky patches yet doesn't make the rest of the face greasy. This is a lightweight gel formula. It sinks into the skin nicely. Also, this is one of the best moisturizers that I've used for makeup. It makes my foundations appear more even and flawless and those small flaky patches don't show through. However, that is where the love ends. This is by no means ideal for someone with sensitive skin. It contains silicones, alcohol and it has a very strong frangrance as well as many dyes. Some people complain that this burned their skin. Thankfully, that didn't happen to me. I wouldn't say I'm overly sensitive but I can be reactive to products. However, with daily use, this little booger gave me deep large itchy red bumps on the lower right side of my cheek. Yesterday was my fourth straight day using this moisturizer and the itchy bumps became full force and so bad that it took all the strength I had not to rip my face off. I couldn't wash my face because I was at work so the only thing I could do was put a cold paper towel on the area. When I got home, I cleansed my skin with just Ponds Cold Cream and put tea tree oil on the bumps and I feel much better and the bumps are healing. So, if you are sensitive in general or reactive to products, I would do a test area first to see if you get a reaction. But, I would still recommend this because it is an effective oil-free cleanser for oily to oily dehydrated skin. Two lippies for: 1. Effective hydration for targeted skin types. 2. Afforadable & Sanitary Packaging.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2014 4:38:00 PM More reviews by vickyescala

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have had this for a while but since i have pretty dry skin, after i use a fairly heavy duty face wash or scrub, i feel like i should use a heaver moisturizer (i use aveeno positively radiant on a daily basis). when i would use this in the past i felt like it didn't provide enough moisture right after i washed my face* (however sometimes i would use it in the morning). Recently i bought a cleansing oil and i found that this is PERFECT to put on after i use that. So although this didn't work for me at the beginning, i'm giving it five lippies due to the fact it ended up being a perfect product if used--for my skin type--the right way.

*i think that my skin was hydrated it just didn't FEEL hydrated. some people may be looking for that feeling where they don't feel like they have moisturizer on. This is a very lightweight product and simply won't give you the FEELING of a traditional moisturizer but i do believe moisturizers quite well despite that. some people may be looking for that type of product. In which case, this could be perfect for you :)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2014 7:07:00 PM More reviews by BeautyBrunette16

I absolutely love this! I try other things and but always come back. It's a stand by holy grail! Perfect for my combo skin and sinks in quickly before applying makeup.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2014 4:30:00 PM More reviews by ilovedreamsandseashells

I love it. It's so lightweight you wouldn't expect it to be moisturizing enough but it is. It has the perfect texture and lasts long. It has a cooling effect when you put it on which feels great. The fresh scent is amazing too!