July 25, 2014 | 1754 users online

Moisturizers - Clean & Clear - Morning Burst Hydrating Gel Moisturizer

rated 4 of 5 on 7/22/2014 10:40:00 PM More reviews by CaveofWonders

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

A couple months ago when I came across this product at the store I had to buy it. I loved the concept of it. I have very oily skin and I was looking for a new moisturizer. This feels incredible smooth and lightweight on my skin. Though my only problem with it is that it doesn't provide enough moisture for my skin. It is not as "hydrating" as it claims. I know it's probably because it's a lightweight formula but I wish it was a little bit more hydrating on my skin. Regardless I do like this product and the formula is quite gentle on my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2014 3:48:00 AM More reviews by Kirplunk0

I love love love this stuff i use this for my morning moisturizer its super light it has moisture but not a lot which i am fine with but it makes my skin drink it up i love this stuff i will repurchase because its the perfect morning moisturizer.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2014 10:18:00 AM More reviews by Kalady

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

PROS: gentle, cooling, light, cheap, great for sheering out heavy moisturizers
CONS: not super moisturizing on its own

This is one of 3 HG moisturizers I use daily. This one is the lightest of all and wonderfully simple.

The texture of this moisturizer is what makes it so good. Essentially, it's a lightweight, cool gel that melts into the skin and leaves it feeling clean and not heavy. Alone, this would be an excellent moisturizer for those with very oily skin, those who live in hot/humid climates, those who like lighter moisturizers, those looking for a summertime moisturizer, or especially those looking to sheer out/layer other skincare products. The last is my #1 use for this product and why it achieved HG status.

This product makes every other product so much lighter and more comfortable to wear. I personally love the benefits of thicker creams/anti-aging products, but as a partially oily-skinned person, I cannot stand those suffocating textures. Mixing this in with those types of products instantly lightens their feeling on the skin and helps them sink in better, giving me the opportunity to receive the benefits of those products with the feeling of this one. I love it.

My routine: 1 part this, 1 part Ponds Rejuveness Anti-Wrinkle Cream, 1 part Ponds Clarant B3. This sheers out the heavier textures of the Ponds creams and melds the products into my skin, the Clarant beats my hyperpigmentation and has a lovely texture, and the Rejuveness provides a ton of moisture and anti-aging benefits. I highly recommend this routine for anyone who wants a very gentle, effective, multipurpose, and comfortable moisturizing routine to get healthier skin.

In short, this is a great, lightweight moisturizer for those looking for something simple and the best sheering/layering moisturizer for those looking to maximize their skincare benefits. Highly, highly recommended.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/6/2014 10:52:00 PM More reviews by cheerislife

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

So, I used this for about a month and loved it, but a few days ago I slathered it on like usual but it stung my face! it really surprised me since I had been using it for so long without issues. I washed it off and used a different one that day, then tried again the next day and the same thing happened! I also use this at night because after I remove my makeup my skin tends to be a tad bit dry, but it burns and stings then too. I don't really know what chemicals are good and bad for your skin, but I'm assuming this has some harmful chemicals in it. I don't usually have sensitive skin at all either! I definitely do not recommend this.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/22/2014 3:42:00 PM More reviews by ixSNOWBUNNYx3

After deciding to try this product out after seeing an ad for it (LOL I know, I know...), I think I really like it!

This moisturizer didn't promise to do much, only that it was lightweight, oil free, and does replenish moisture. And yup, it does it's job pretty well.

It's completely water based with a great smell, and it absorbs super quickly into the skin. I don't like using this for the winter months, but in the hot summer temps, I use this a lot, since it's so light and makes my skin dewy, but not sticky. I have pretty oily and acne prone skin, so I need something that doesn't cause breakouts or stimulate oil. And yup, it doesn't do neither of the 2. I also found that it also works really well mixed into my foundations to make them a bit more sheer and easier to apply.

I would recommend this to people with oily skin, not so much dry skin, since you'll probably need a bit more moisture for you :)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2014 8:22:00 PM More reviews by MakeupManiac5699

So happy I finally found a great summer lotion for my sensitive skin! I LOVE this lotion! It moisturizes without the least bit of residue and leaves a beautiful scent. A little bit goes a long way, as well. It rejuvinates and moisturizes perfectly. No cons!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/18/2014 5:04:00 PM More reviews by Kovakim

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Two words: Chemical. Shitstorm.

I really wanted to like this product because the concept of it seemed perfect for my combination-sensitive skin, but I was disappointed with how it reacted with my skin.
It BURNED like CRAZY! And when I looked at the ingredients, it was nothing but harsh chemicals and hardly anything beneficial. It even has yellow and blue dye! Sure dying the gel makes it look prettier but is it THAT necessary? Plus, the fragrance is super potent, thus potentially irritating sensitive skin that much more.

I tried using it as a lotion for my arms on those ultra hot days and it was soothing and cooling, but I accidentally got some on my shoulder-sunburn and it STUNG like a MO-FO.
Bottom line: If you have even the slightest of sensitive skin, STAY AWAY! I would only recommend this product to people who have a high threshold for highly synthetic beauty products.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2014 10:46:00 AM More reviews by materialface

Bought this one completely on a whim. I haven't been paying much attention to Clean & Clear's products lately. I was at wal-mart last night with my friend and we were in a rush, so I was quickly scanning the skincare shelves. I was on the hunt for an oil-free moisturizer for summer because the one I'm using now is way too thick for humid weather.

Anyways, this one caught my eye because of the nice colored packaging, and this product was new to me so i grabbed it. my first impressions were that this was completely oil-free. it's a water based gel. The scent contains green tea and green mango.. smelt lovely. Price point of $6.80 CAD was so inexpensive that I figured I might as well try it. If you are not a fan of scented products, you will probably stray away from this even though the smell is lovely. But to be honest, the smell fades away within 10 mins of applying it. I don't smell it during the day. I bought this strictly to combat oiliness on my skin. I've been an oily grease ball past few days, and today I have the moisturizer on, and its fine. I didn't put a primer before my foundation but my makeup looks like its sitting well on top of this moisturizer.

My only 2 cons are that 1) no SPF and 2) no long-term skin benefits like: dark spots diminished, pores tightened, anti-aging.
To fix the no SPF issue, I'll just make sure to use one of my foundations with SPF in it already.
This is also a great moisturizer for those mornings that you're going to the gym and you don't want to use your usual/high end moisturizer.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/24/2014 2:11:00 AM More reviews by jackuzzi1212

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Pros: smells realllllly good, simple packaging

Cons: I have oily skin and it didn't even keep me moisturized for a few mins. It would dry really quick and I would have to go back and use my olay face lotion over it because I get would get dry patches when I put on my foundation.

I was using it in the winter, so that may be a factor. But definitely not the best for my skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/18/2014 2:25:00 PM More reviews by inthemindsofangels

As a girl with very, very combination skin, I always had trouble finding a daily moisturizer that 1) moisturized 2) didn't moisturize so much I was greasy and 3) was affordable. I hopped back and forth between random drugstore moisturizers for at least three years before finding this one, and it really is perfect!

I live in Florida, so dry weather and skin isn't really a problem for us. Some patches of my skin on my face can get really dry, though, depending on the time of year, and when that happens, this moisturizer isn't the best go-to. I have a thicker DIY blend that does the job when it gets too cold out. But for hot weather and oily skin, this moisturizer keeps your face soft and smooth, hydrated, and maybe even has some mattifying effects to it!

TL;DR, this moisturizer would be great for oily-skinned girls or people who live where it's more humid. It smells like candy, but not too strong, and has certainly gotten a lot of love in my house.