July 31, 2014 | 1855 users online

Polishes - Deborah Lippmann - Lady Sings the Blues

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2014 8:50:00 AM More reviews by sprite26

Dark blue polish with silver hex glitter. The blue is so dark it just looks black (pet peeve of mine!) and the glitter isn't even visible, it all gets drowned in the murk. So disappointing because I wanted this polish for a long time before I finally bought it. The end result just wasn't pretty.
DL has been hit or miss for me. This one was a miss. Wouldn't buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2013 9:23:00 PM More reviews by spacecowgirlredux

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm amazed that there are no reviews for this sublime polish. It's a jelly glitter ("jelly sandwich," if you prefer) with small round sapphire blue glitter and fairly sparse silver microglitter in a sheer black base. It needs to be applied over black polish - my pic shows 2 thick coats of LStB over one of black. The bokeh effect of the blue glitter in the black base is highlighted just enough by the silver glitter - though the silver is there, you don't really notice it. The end effect is gorgeous - it reminds me of the ocean, of rain on a window, of the city at night...this polish is perfect for me. The only flaw is that it shows tipwear quickly (as in after my next shower), but I might never wear anything else again anyway, so it doesn't matter!