September 22, 2014 | 1835 users online

Liquid - L'Oreal - Nutri Lift Gold Anti-Aging Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2014 6:33:00 PM More reviews by Sheoak

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I am really enjoying using this foundation. It has a very fine, smooth texture, it's super blendable and very easy to apply with your fingers. The coverage is medium and the finish is very natural, soft and slightly dewy. It evens out skin tone and texture without masking, and feels really comfortable on the skin. It lasts well and is easy to touch up during the day.

I am 37 with good skin and a few laugh lines, it doesn't tend to settle into fine lines like some foundations, but obviously by the end of the day if you look closely enough there is a little wear and tear. I use it with a moisturiser containing sunscreen underneath, and, with a dusting of pressed powder it maintains a dewy finish without becoming shiny. I think this would suit normal to dry and mature skin. It has a hygienic pump dispenser which is also important.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2014 10:41:00 AM More reviews by honey361

This foundation is now my holy grail product. I havean oily t-zone and I have tried soo many foundations (revlon colorstay, chanel vitalumiere aqua, mac pro longwear, estee lauder double wear light) and no one kept my t-zone matte until I used this. Even if it is vor mature skin and I'm 19 this foundation gives the most beautiful glow to your face and the best thing about it is m t-zone is matte even if it doesnt claim to hold oily skin matte. I' impressed!!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2013 12:30:00 AM More reviews by Susie0205

Loving in this one! It is my baby now~ I do not care if it is for mature skin or any anti ageing effect, I love it because the feeling it gave to me! Long lasting, glow and medium to high coverage, not caked at all, hydrating feel, like using a moisturiser rather than foundation which I'm obsessed with, the color 170 beige glow is perfect for summer! Definitely repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2013 10:31:00 AM More reviews by vickydc829

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Black

To start with, my skin is oily and prone to blemishes. The reason I bought this for the first time is that it was on sale and I was on a lookout for a liquid foundation that will not break me out and also have a medium coverage. I always use foundation so I also want one that is easily available and will not break my wallet. Bourjois healthy mix broke me out and I get whiteheads and zits everytime I use it so I gave up on it. I also used Sleek creme to powder foundation but it makes me look dull and very oily. L'oreal nutrilift gold met my expectations or maybe even exceeded it. I use the shade 180 or golden beige. It doesn't break me out, very light on the face and I don't look like an oil mine after a few hours. Here in the netherlands, a bottle costs 17.49 euros but L'oreal usually goes on sale, like 1+1 or 50% off so it only costs me around 9 euros.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2013 8:05:00 PM More reviews by unastar

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Ok so as my 39th bday was in afew days I thought it was time to rethink my foundation as it was sinking into my laughter lines. I usually use bourjois healthy mix but saw the nutri gold and im very glad I tried it. I got the sand sable and it went on like a dream. It was light n fluid but yet still creamy enough to cover my freckles and a age spot.my face looked more softened like a glow lamp shone on it lol. I looked more wide awake and my lines looked softened. After wearing this all day it past the test and didnt sit in my laughter lines. Would definitely by again. Its my new fav in my makeup bag. It didnt irritate my skin it jus sat nicely and didnt feel heavy.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/14/2013 7:27:00 AM More reviews by Di57

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm impressed. Not usually swayed by t.v. advertising, I liked the sound of this. So after a few colour tests in Big W, settled on Beige Glow. My go-to foundation til now has been Elizabeth Arden Ceramide. I'd have to say that the Nutri Lift Gold surpasses the Arden in terms of application, coverage, and effect.

I've got no idea whether there are actually little gold particles in the Nutri Lift, but something does give a 'lift' and radiance that I don't get with the Arden. It is slightly more fluid than the Arden, and goes on like a dream. Coverage is even, and it does a very good job in hiding freckles and a few age spots.

I've always used a brush with Arden, but I find the Nutri-Lift is better applied with fingers. It goes on like a creamy lotion but provides even coverage. I don't use primer either - just moisturiser blended with a dollop of sunscreen. The foundation looks great as-is, but I have set it with a loose powder on occasion. I'm reluctant to do that though because the powder does take away some of the radiance. And when I say radiance, I don't mean a shiny glow . . . just 'something' that brings my 'mature' skin to life. And in terms of lasting power, it performs better than Arden.

All in all, application is very easy and the effect is amazing on mature skin. I think normal retail is around $39, which is getting up there for a supermarket line, but I'm prepared to pay whatever it takes (within reason) for the right foundation.

UPDATE: I've taken off a couple of lippies because of the colour-match. After having seen myself in various lights, and having sampled a couple of different shades, I can't find one to match my skin-tone. And the more I wear it, the less impressed I'm becoming. I can't put my finger on what the problem is though!! But I'm increasingly reaching for one of the (many) others stuck in the back of the cupboard :)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2013 8:01:00 PM More reviews by Cath12

Love this product! A flawless finish with an ever so slight dewy look to it. Medium coverage. Blurs lines and pores without looking thick and caked on and it wears exceptionally well. Just beautiful. Well done L'Oreal!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2013 6:57:00 PM More reviews by gioja

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

After having been quite disappointed by the new version of EL Double Wear, I started to look for an alternative foundation, well knowing that probably nothing would be so long lasting like the old DW, beside maybe of DW Maximum Cover, but focusing more on the fact that at my age I had to prioritise the natural look more than the longevity of my makeup. In fact, what is the point of applying a foundation that hides your spots but highlights your lines?

Probably I was one of the first people to try this foundation and to be honest, although I have never used L'Oreal or Lancome foundations (they are pretty much the same), I was very surprised of how good this is. It is creamy, it applies smoothly, and it gives a natural flawless complexion and yes, also a sort of glow. It is not dry, it doesn't cake, it doesn't turn orange and it lasts decently well. It moisturizes the skin without making it greasy and makes it also a bit plump. All positive things.

What I don't love is the fact that it has only UVB sunscreen and this is also a nasty one (ethylhexyl methoxycinnamate, also called octinoxate) which I don't want to use on my skin, and the fact that the colour range is very limited. The only shade I can use is 160 Rose Beige which it is too dark for me in winter and I can only use it when I have a bit of tan. The lighter shades are too yellow and would make me look dull.
Also, I think, the bottle looks a bit tacky (I'm reviewing the UK version) and it makes it look a bit cheep although the quality is the one of a high brand foundation.
For now I'm using Clinique Pore Refining foundation which is amazing and has shades that suit more my pale winter skin, but I will use this again as soon as I'll get some tan. Shame on the nasty sunscreen though!