December 20, 2014 | 910 users online

Fragrances - Philosophy - Fresh Cream

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2014 10:46:00 AM More reviews by Nancygia

I bought this without having an opportunity to smell it, since at that time, my local Sephora and Nordstrom weren't carrying it yet. Every review I read just made it sound so delicious, and I am a huge fan of pure grace. Well, fragrances are about the most subjective thing we can review, but I can tell you I didn't find it at all delicious. It smelled cheap, artificial and plasticky.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2014 11:38:00 PM More reviews by msdi2u

I originally avoided this when it first came out because I saw the disappointing reviews here on MUA. Even though I smelled it in Sephora and thought it smelled lovely, I thought, "Nooo, I'd better not. The reviewers all said it 'stinks' or doesn't last very long." So I waited until my birthday when I came into some spending cash, and decided to 'go for it!' Boy, am I glad I did! This fragrance smells wonderful; and it smells great on me, too, if I must say so, myself! It smells absolutely yummy! Doesn't remind me of cream per se, but it does smell a lot like a sweet vanilla. I LOVE vanilla, it is one of my favorite fragrances! I used to buy the vanilla oil from The Body Shop when I was in my 20's and 30's because I loved it so much! Now I have Philosophy's Fresh Cream, which brings back fond memories and makes me feel wonderful when I catch a whiff of it during the day. For those who said the fragrance does not last long, well, I don't share that same experience. It lasts all day on me, and I can even smell it on my pillow the next day. It smells truly wonderful, and I am so glad I made this purchase! My 3 favorite fragrances by Philosophy are now: Pure Grace, Fresh Cream, and Amazing Grace.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/27/2014 11:50:00 PM More reviews by funkysmama

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Smells like the lid of a box of cheap store-brand vanilla ice cream. Gack!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2014 5:37:00 PM More reviews by topnotch_babydoll

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Im obsessed with any cake/vanilla/sugary scent that philosophy comes out with.Fresh Cream 3n1,I wasn't fond of as it didnt smell sweet to me.
A friend who works at ULTA showed me this and I fell in love! The perfume IMO,is different than the cream or shower gel.Its a warm,creamy scent that dries down to a soft marshmallow scent.I hope Philosophy comes out with more perfumes,like Cinnamon Buns or Pink Frosted Animal Cracker.I love this fragrance + would repurchase!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 7/30/2014 11:21:00 PM More reviews by clarissa90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I tested this out at Ulta in hopes of finding a vanilla scent. The scent was very synthetic and did not smell like vanilla. I will not purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2014 5:25:00 PM More reviews by NJquilter55

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use a lot of the Philosophy brand of products, but Fresh Cream is my very favorite scent of all times. I use the body wash, followed by the body lotion and fragrance spray or body spritz. It lasts all day without being overpowering. Its a nice clean, soft and sweet scent. I have had numerous people tell me how good I smell many times when wearing Fresh Cream.
I feel good wearing this scent and my skin is great, soft and supply, wrinkle free. My personal observation is that people and dogs like to get really close when I am wearing Fresh Cream.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/6/2014 6:36:00 PM More reviews by therubyprincess

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love. Formerly wore Comptoir Sud Pacific in Vanille Abricot but burned out on that (and vanilla scents in general) about 6 years ago. Qvc featured this recently and it piqued my interest. Lisa Robertson described it as clean which I find to be inaccurate. I'd say it's warm, sweet, slightly sticky and leaves a buttery dry down on my skin. Pleasant? Absolutely. Clean? Nevah. I do wear it quite a lot. It is totally uncomplicated and likely not to offend others. Does not last particularly long but layers nicely with my Milk_shake brand hair products. In sum -- like it, will buy again, package is typical Philosophy. Oh and I think FC is a Qvc exclusive now.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2013 2:09:00 PM More reviews by alison_k

I so wanted this to be a HG but sadly it just isn't my favorite fragrance. When I wore this, it smelled EXACTLY like Pinnacle brand "Whipped Cream" flavored vodka. Identical, even down to the initial alcohol smell of this when you first spray it. I wore this to work and my work colleague (who partakes of this vodka regularly) thought I had brought some into the office for us to share! It would be a great scent if I could stomach it, but every time I spray it all I can think of is drinking this vodka and not feeling particularly well afterwards (long story). Warm, creamy and feminine, would be perfect if it didn't bring back memories! Well worth a try if you like very sweet fragrances, or flavored vodka.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2013 5:24:00 PM More reviews by Glossaholic

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love soft vanilla fragrances so when I saw that Philosophy had a Fresh Cream fragrance, I knew I had to buy it. I received it today and not only is it wonderful, but it is a very close "dupe" of an old discontinued favorite, the original L'Occitane Vanille. This is soft, slightly musky, light and sweet. Pretty enough to wear everyday. Staying power is just okay, but I would re-purchase again in a heartbeat. Been hoarding the last of my Vanille stash, so glad to have found this one.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No