Philosophy Fresh Cream

3.2

on 8/2/2015 9:34:00 PM

Fresh Cream . I can see the appeal . Milky creamy. I read that some find this smells like a vanilla protein milkshake. I find that to be an exaggeration .
it does smell milky and creamy but a touch synthetic.
And I find it fairly lasting ...to my surprise.
There are better milky ' cream ' scents to be found ...

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

Meh. This is a basic vanilla with a hint of cloying sweet ice cream. Not really fresh or milky. There are way better vanilla scents out there for a less expensive price. The previous reviewer described it perfectly.

on 1/21/2015 2:40:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

like snorting powder sugar...with a very linear synthetic vanilla drydown. headache inducing.

on 1/7/2015 6:48:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Creamy deliciousness with a sweet, milky dry down. Got a good deal on mine when I purchased through Ebay.

on 1/2/2015 8:44:00 AM

This is a straightforward vanilla fragrance cut with a slightly fresh or clean note which just takes the edge off the sweetness. I don't detect any of the caramel/crème brulee overtones that have been cited in reviews elsewhere, and I also disagree that this fragrance has no silage - I can always smell it on my skin the day after application, so all I can think is that reviewers who say it doesn't last have somehow become inured to the scent.

As a reference point, I have worn quite a number of vanilla based fragrances including Jo Malone's Vanilla Anise, Annick Goutal's Vanille Equise, L'Occitane's Vanilla, and Lush Vanillary. Of these, I prefer the Jo Malone fragrance because the anise significantly reins in the sugary vanilla, and I feel that Fresh Cream, whilst not having that liquorice note, also successfully downplays the sweetness just very slightly with it's cool clean edge. The other vanilla fragrances on my CV I found pleasant on first application but too sweet to find a permanent home in my collection.

I rate this product highly because it is both comforting and clean which is not an easy combination to achieve - warm, woody fragrances are appealing and sexy, yet don't often impart that just out of the shower feeling which somehow this does.

on 11/13/2014 10:46:00 AM

I bought this without having an opportunity to smell it, since at that time, my local Sephora and Nordstrom weren't carrying it yet. Every review I read just made it sound so delicious, and I am a huge fan of pure grace. Well, fragrances are about the most subjective thing we can review, but I can tell you I didn't find it at all delicious. It smelled cheap, artificial and plasticky.

on 10/14/2014 11:38:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I originally avoided this when it first came out because I saw the disappointing reviews here on MUA. Even though I smelled it in Sephora and thought it smelled lovely, I thought, "Nooo, I'd better not. The reviewers all said it 'stinks' or doesn't last very long." So I waited until my birthday when I came into some spending cash, and decided to 'go for it!' Boy, am I glad I did! This fragrance smells wonderful; and it smells great on me, too, if I must say so, myself! It smells absolutely yummy! Doesn't remind me of cream per se, but it does smell a lot like a sweet vanilla. I LOVE vanilla, it is one of my favorite fragrances! I used to buy the vanilla oil from The Body Shop when I was in my 20's and 30's because I loved it so much! Now I have Philosophy's Fresh Cream, which brings back fond memories and makes me feel wonderful when I catch a whiff of it during the day. For those who said the fragrance does not last long, well, I don't share that same experience. It lasts all day on me, and I can even smell it on my pillow the next day. It smells truly wonderful, and I am so glad I made this purchase! My 3 favorite fragrances by Philosophy are now: Pure Grace, Fresh Cream, and Amazing Grace.

on 9/27/2014 11:50:00 PM

Smells like the lid of a box of cheap store-brand vanilla ice cream. Gack!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Im obsessed with any cake/vanilla/sugary scent that philosophy comes out with.Fresh Cream 3n1,I wasn't fond of as it didnt smell sweet to me.
A friend who works at ULTA showed me this and I fell in love! The perfume IMO,is different than the cream or shower gel.Its a warm,creamy scent that dries down to a soft marshmallow scent.I hope Philosophy comes out with more perfumes,like Cinnamon Buns or Pink Frosted Animal Cracker.I love this fragrance + would repurchase!

on 7/30/2014 11:21:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I tested this out at Ulta in hopes of finding a vanilla scent. The scent was very synthetic and did not smell like vanilla. I will not purchase.