January 30, 2015 | 1818 users online

Fragrances - Philosophy - Fresh Cream

rated 1 of 5 on 1/21/2015 2:40:00 PM More reviews by Scentsless

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

like snorting powder sugar...with a very linear synthetic vanilla drydown. headache inducing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2015 6:48:00 PM More reviews by marhope78

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Creamy deliciousness with a sweet, milky dry down. Got a good deal on mine when I purchased through Ebay.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2015 8:44:00 AM More reviews by rsm1309

This is a straightforward vanilla fragrance cut with a slightly fresh or clean note which just takes the edge off the sweetness. I don't detect any of the caramel/crème brulee overtones that have been cited in reviews elsewhere, and I also disagree that this fragrance has no silage - I can always smell it on my skin the day after application, so all I can think is that reviewers who say it doesn't last have somehow become inured to the scent.

As a reference point, I have worn quite a number of vanilla based fragrances including Jo Malone's Vanilla Anise, Annick Goutal's Vanille Equise, L'Occitane's Vanilla, and Lush Vanillary. Of these, I prefer the Jo Malone fragrance because the anise significantly reins in the sugary vanilla, and I feel that Fresh Cream, whilst not having that liquorice note, also successfully downplays the sweetness just very slightly with it's cool clean edge. The other vanilla fragrances on my CV I found pleasant on first application but too sweet to find a permanent home in my collection.

I rate this product highly because it is both comforting and clean which is not an easy combination to achieve - warm, woody fragrances are appealing and sexy, yet don't often impart that just out of the shower feeling which somehow this does.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2014 10:46:00 AM More reviews by Nancygia

I bought this without having an opportunity to smell it, since at that time, my local Sephora and Nordstrom weren't carrying it yet. Every review I read just made it sound so delicious, and I am a huge fan of pure grace. Well, fragrances are about the most subjective thing we can review, but I can tell you I didn't find it at all delicious. It smelled cheap, artificial and plasticky.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2014 11:38:00 PM More reviews by msdi2u

I originally avoided this when it first came out because I saw the disappointing reviews here on MUA. Even though I smelled it in Sephora and thought it smelled lovely, I thought, "Nooo, I'd better not. The reviewers all said it 'stinks' or doesn't last very long." So I waited until my birthday when I came into some spending cash, and decided to 'go for it!' Boy, am I glad I did! This fragrance smells wonderful; and it smells great on me, too, if I must say so, myself! It smells absolutely yummy! Doesn't remind me of cream per se, but it does smell a lot like a sweet vanilla. I LOVE vanilla, it is one of my favorite fragrances! I used to buy the vanilla oil from The Body Shop when I was in my 20's and 30's because I loved it so much! Now I have Philosophy's Fresh Cream, which brings back fond memories and makes me feel wonderful when I catch a whiff of it during the day. For those who said the fragrance does not last long, well, I don't share that same experience. It lasts all day on me, and I can even smell it on my pillow the next day. It smells truly wonderful, and I am so glad I made this purchase! My 3 favorite fragrances by Philosophy are now: Pure Grace, Fresh Cream, and Amazing Grace.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/27/2014 11:50:00 PM More reviews by funkysmama

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Smells like the lid of a box of cheap store-brand vanilla ice cream. Gack!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2014 5:37:00 PM More reviews by topnotch_babydoll

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Im obsessed with any cake/vanilla/sugary scent that philosophy comes out with.Fresh Cream 3n1,I wasn't fond of as it didnt smell sweet to me.
A friend who works at ULTA showed me this and I fell in love! The perfume IMO,is different than the cream or shower gel.Its a warm,creamy scent that dries down to a soft marshmallow scent.I hope Philosophy comes out with more perfumes,like Cinnamon Buns or Pink Frosted Animal Cracker.I love this fragrance + would repurchase!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 7/30/2014 11:21:00 PM More reviews by clarissa90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I tested this out at Ulta in hopes of finding a vanilla scent. The scent was very synthetic and did not smell like vanilla. I will not purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2014 5:25:00 PM More reviews by NJquilter55

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use a lot of the Philosophy brand of products, but Fresh Cream is my very favorite scent of all times. I use the body wash, followed by the body lotion and fragrance spray or body spritz. It lasts all day without being overpowering. Its a nice clean, soft and sweet scent. I have had numerous people tell me how good I smell many times when wearing Fresh Cream.
I feel good wearing this scent and my skin is great, soft and supply, wrinkle free. My personal observation is that people and dogs like to get really close when I am wearing Fresh Cream.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/6/2014 6:36:00 PM More reviews by therubyprincess

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love. Formerly wore Comptoir Sud Pacific in Vanille Abricot but burned out on that (and vanilla scents in general) about 6 years ago. Qvc featured this recently and it piqued my interest. Lisa Robertson described it as clean which I find to be inaccurate. I'd say it's warm, sweet, slightly sticky and leaves a buttery dry down on my skin. Pleasant? Absolutely. Clean? Nevah. I do wear it quite a lot. It is totally uncomplicated and likely not to offend others. Does not last particularly long but layers nicely with my Milk_shake brand hair products. In sum -- like it, will buy again, package is typical Philosophy. Oh and I think FC is a Qvc exclusive now.