April 19, 2014 | 1014 users online

Primer/ Corrector - L'Oreal - Base Magique Transforming Smoothing Primer

rated 3 of 5 on 2/3/2014 2:18:00 PM More reviews by lidyachu

I've heard quite a lot about this product but never have any chance to use it until six months ago. I decided to purchase it, and I don't really like it.
I love the texture, it's so buttery and smooth. It glides so easily on my skin, and it covers up all my big pores around cheeks area. It kinda reminds me of Benefit Porefessional. It makes my face looks smoother and nicer.
The downside about the product is, it makes my skin oilier than usual (I have dry combination skin). After few hours of wearing this with my foundation, it feels heavy on my skin. I just couldn't stand it. Maybe it's not the one for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2014 9:35:00 PM More reviews by Sabrinaclarke

I think it's a really good primer. It holds up my bb cream and foundation, even when I was sweating i was surprise to see my foundation/bb cream did not crease and it looks exactly the same as when I first apply my foundation/bb cream. A little does go a long way with this product a little amount of it can cover my whole face and it makes my face feel so smooth and light like I'm not wearing any makeup. For price I got it for around $12.00 i use a spatula where I got it from a small Japanese store so i don't really have a problem with the packaging except for the size they should have made it a little bit bigger. But overall a great primer!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/4/2014 2:07:00 PM More reviews by boyforever

careful. breakout is await. horrible product. love it when i wear it. but after tt problem is await huhu. too bad

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2013 6:57:00 AM More reviews by HoloMe

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I absolutely love this primer. I love the way it feels on my skin when applied and I haven't come across any problems using it yet. I don't tend to wear makeup for long periods of time so I can not speak about how it may or may not extend the wear time of your makeup but so far so good.

A small amount does seem to get good coverage and my dry skin feels really nice when I put it on.

I do agree that the jar could be a bit bigger to allow any ladies with longer nails an easier time in getting it out of the jar. Perhaps they could supply a cosmetics spatula with it so that you don't have to worry about potentially contaminating the rest of the product. At least that would be an easy fix.

So, for me this works well and I will definitely be re-purchasing this when needed.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/14/2013 4:59:00 AM More reviews by mizzemmixox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love how this smooths out my pores, but it does clump up if I try to rub it into my skin. I don't think it does much for making make up last longer, and it seems to make me oil up faster. The packaging is also unhygienic. But I just use a cue tip to get it out. Other than these negatives, it does so what it claims to do, which is smoothing out the skin. Also my mum loves it for her large pores. Once this runs out i want to try the more expensive Porefessional

rated 4 of 5 on 11/11/2013 4:41:00 AM More reviews by Burma76

This primer does help my makeup last. With a dusting of powder and a fixative spray my makeup lasts 10 hours or so in pretty good condition. For some reason this doesn't seem to work on my eyelids though. The pale pink colour is still visible on my super pale NC15 skin until I put foundation on so you can't wear this alone. Like all other reviewers I hate the jar packaging. Yuck.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2013 12:20:00 AM More reviews by hannahn631

I love this primer! I use a really small amount through my t-zone and where I have large pores, and really rub it in well. It works a treat! It helps my foundation last longer and improves the overall appearance of it. The tub isn't very well designed but a spatula overcomes the problem.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/3/2013 10:57:00 AM More reviews by demiller

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I hate the tub design, so unhygenic and difficult to use with nails. Prefer if it comes in a tube. Besides that, an overall good base for foundation. Too thick for entire face so i just apply it under my eyes for concealer to go on smoothly and stay in place.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/29/2013 5:28:00 PM More reviews by Shaistalovesmakeup

I absolutely have a love hate relationship with this product. Love the smoothing effect it has on my skin but my god does it really take some effort into making sure that it is well blended into my skin. Packaging wise, i hate the fact that i had to dig into the tiny tub and i had to use a small spatula to scarp the product out due to hygiene purposes. Price wise, i paid $23.90 (sgd) and to me that it quite pricey for a drugstore brand.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2013 2:32:00 AM More reviews by lizzea

Oh no. Just no. I tried this as a sample and it made my foundation really difficult to apply and then made the overall colour too ashy. It applies very opaquely and doesn't really blend out nicely and I knew I would hate it, but I tried it for a day anyway, and I probably looked the most mime-faced I've ever looked. It felt horrible and was too thick for my oily skin, plus it didn't do anything for the oiliness except for make it more oily. Perhaps this will work if you have dry skin, but perhaps it may not either. Greatly dislike this product.