Sonia Kashuk No 24 Dense Blush/Powder Brush

4.8

on 9/29/2014 11:16:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I finally found it in Target, btw Target Canada really sucks on selections & variety. I've always been wanting a brush shaping like this, round & ball like and this is the only brand I found in the market so far.
Although I would like the bristles to be a bit softer or not as dense but it will work until I find a better one. Also not a fan of the hour-glass like handle.

on 9/29/2014 12:49:00 AM

Target has finally arrived in Canada and with it have arrived Sonia Kashuk brushes.
I use mostly natural hair brushes for applying powder products, so I was glad to have access to these. The price is slightly high for a drugstore brand but I found it reasonable and quite worth it.

I like that there are different shapes, but when identical hair is used to make each one it is not a good thing. More expensive brands use Goat, Pony, Squirrel.. or a combination of these accordingly. Each natural hair has its own thickness, texture, and application properties.

Out of the whole line I picked up only this.
The bristles are not too long, not too short, and the flat slightly domed shape is very easy to work with. I use it for bronzer and it with my Body Shop Matte Bronzer and it works perfectly. It has the right combination of shape, softness, and density.

Though you could try different uses, for blush I prefer an angled less dense squirrel hair brush. For highlight I use the Sephora Pro Contour #74 which is just as soft but smaller. And to set my sunscreen with loose powder nothing so far has managed to replace the ELF Powder Brush which is my very favorite.

on 4/14/2014 11:35:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This is a great blush brush. It is a soft, dense natural hair brush which makes it great for picking up and buffing in powder blushes. I find myself reaching for this over my Bobbi Brown, Tom Ford and Hakuhodo blush brushes many days because I just love the way it works. The size, shape, softness and density make this pretty much my perfect blush brush.

I do not like the ergo handle, it is strange looking and I would prefer a straight handle which would take up less room in my brush cup. But it is not a big deal.

My brush has only shed one hair so far after a month of use. I can't speak to the longevity of the brush but I really like how it has been working for me so far.

I highly recommend this brush, especially if you are on a budget and do not want to spend $50+ for a blush brush.

on 12/13/2013 8:04:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This brush is so soft and does not shed. It's very inexpensive. I love the size of it for applying blush, because it is dense, it blends really well too. I would highly recommend it and I am getting another one as a backup, I love it so much!

on 8/6/2013 11:42:00 AM

This product gets just the right amount of product on it without wasting any of the excess. I find with regular blush brushes, you either get too much or too little product on the brush, but with this brush you tap the amount you need and that's what you get. Since the brush is so dense, there's not much room to get too much on the brush. The handle is nice and comfy to hold as well.

Popular Makeup Brushes