August 1, 2014 | 1943 users online

Makeup Brushes - Sonia Kashuk - No 24 Dense Blush/Powder Brush

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2014 10:27:00 PM More reviews by aspiecutie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Target has finally arrived in Canada and with it have arrived Sonia Kashuk brushes.
Since I've slowly converted to mostly natural hair brushes for applying powder products, I was glad to have access to these. The price is slightly high for a drugstore brand but I found it reasonable and quite worth it.

I like that there are different shapes, but when identical hair is used to make each one it is not a good thing. More expensive brands use Goat, Pony, Squirrel.. or a combination of these accordingly. Each natural hair has its own thickness, texture, and application properties.

Out of the whole line I picked up only this.
The bristles are not too long, not too short, and the flat slightly domed shape is very easy to work with. I use it for bronzer and it with my Body Shop Matte Bronzer and it works perfectly. It has the right combination of shape, softness, and density.

Though you could try different uses, for blush I prefer an angled less dense squirrel hair brush. For highlight I use the Sephora Pro Contour #74 which is just as soft but smaller. And to set my sunscreen with loose powder nothing so far has managed to replace the ELF Powder Brush which is my very favorite.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2014 11:35:00 AM More reviews by gvgirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a great blush brush. It is a soft, dense natural hair brush which makes it great for picking up and buffing in powder blushes. I find myself reaching for this over my Bobbi Brown, Tom Ford and Hakuhodo blush brushes many days because I just love the way it works. The size, shape, softness and density make this pretty much my perfect blush brush.

I do not like the ergo handle, it is strange looking and I would prefer a straight handle which would take up less room in my brush cup. But it is not a big deal.

My brush has only shed one hair so far after a month of use. I can't speak to the longevity of the brush but I really like how it has been working for me so far.

I highly recommend this brush, especially if you are on a budget and do not want to spend $50+ for a blush brush.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2013 8:04:00 PM More reviews by dlbd2k06

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This brush is so soft and does not shed. It's very inexpensive. I love the size of it for applying blush, because it is dense, it blends really well too. I would highly recommend it and I am getting another one as a backup, I love it so much!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2013 11:42:00 AM More reviews by xyan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This product gets just the right amount of product on it without wasting any of the excess. I find with regular blush brushes, you either get too much or too little product on the brush, but with this brush you tap the amount you need and that's what you get. Since the brush is so dense, there's not much room to get too much on the brush. The handle is nice and comfy to hold as well.