L'Oreal Infallible 2-step Longwear Lipstick 24 Hours Hold

4.7

on 3/22/2015 7:41:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

OMG OMG. This is the best $10 I've spent on a beauty product in a long time. It quickly turned into $40 because less than 24 hours later I made two more purchases for a total of 4 colors!

My skin tone: fair-light, N15/NC15, some light freckles
Eyes/hair: medium brown, blonde highlights

Color:
I first purchased this in Passionate Petal, a warm light-medium fairly bright but flattering pink. I normally don't like pink by this one looked so good against my face then I held up several that my boyfriend even agreed this was the color for me. I ended up going back for Continuous Caramel later the same evening which is even more flattering on me, almost MLBB. The next day I picked up Infallible Red and the Coral shade. They all perform comparably and I love them all.

Texture & longevity:
When you're a teacher or prof and can't take bathroom breaks ever or get any privacy at work it is crucial to use products you don't have to worry about checking in the mirror all the time. I researched these extensively before picking them up and the positive reviews are on point - as long as you apply a thin layer, distribute quickly, let it set, do NOT rub your lips together while it sets, and then apply the awesome balm once it is dry to the touch, you're golden. The color is opaque and sets within a minute for me. The balm feels SO good, smells faintly but pleasant, is very moisturizing, and imparts some shine. Love it. I wish they sold it alone! TIP: smile while the color sets, or you may see faint crease marks when you smile later on.

I get such long wear time I almost don't believe it. Eating wet greasy food, kissing, you name it and this product holds up. It doesn't rub off or deposit color on your glass. Amazing.

Did I say amazing...?

I find so far that other balms don't wreck the long wear, but will report back with a more sound analysis of that when I've experimented more.

Scent:
Virtually none! A hint of pleasant from the balm.

Cost: $10 at Walmart and Target, $12 at Ulta & drugstores, $13.29 at CVS

Love this!
I picked this up on a whim in 213 Continual Crimson. I have not worn red lipstick in years, for the most part because I am lazy. I hate reapplying throughout the day so I usually just wear a gloss I can slap on and forget about.
This stuff is indestructible! I work 12 hour shifts and it made it through the entire day as well as dinner out after work, 17 hours and looked almost as good as it did when I put it on. There was a little bit of fading but after 17 hour how can you complain. I think the trick to making this stuff go the mile is definitely application, I did a thin coat and then let it set while I put on the rest of my face and then added the balm.
Another thing I love about this is that it is comfortable, other long wearing lipsticks tend to feel tight and look cracked throughout the day. I found that as long as I touched up with the balm every 2-3 hours or so it was good.

on 3/14/2015 3:26:00 PM

I bought this in the shade Incessant Russet. I was intending to use only the pigmented side as i dont like shiny lipsticks.
However, i did use both sides and it looked amazing! And it lasted an entire working day without having to touch up even once! It is sticky upon application and the doe foot applicator tends to have too much on it when you pull it from the tube, so you have to wipe it on the side of the tube to remove the excess. Once dried, thats it for the day. You have to use vaseline or an oil based cleanser to remove it. I think it's an excellent product, slightly pricey but definitely worth it! I felt ultra glamorous the whole day and didnt have to touch up after drinks, meals or snacks! I havent properly kiss tested it yet though ;)

on 3/13/2015 3:03:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I bought a color in Neverending Nutmeg and I absolutely love both the color and the formula! The color is a great mauve nude and the formula is to die for. The formula is thin but very opaque and it feels very high end. It is weightless and lasts literally all day long and doesn't dry out my lips in the slightest bit. Once you let the step 1 dry for a minute and apply the balm which is step 2 it's gonna stay on for the whole entire day and won't budge and it feels so comfortable on the lips that you forget that you are wearing something. The L'Oreal's formula is waaay better than Anastasia's since Anastasia's formula feels dry and uncomfortable on my lips and I totally will be returning that! But when I run out of the L'Oreal's liquid lipstick I will be buying and buying again. I wish they had more nude colors though!

on 3/6/2015 7:34:00 PM

Bought my first one in color #107 to try it out. Have been looking for a lipstick I do not have to re-apply after drinks,eating or kissing. Love the color. I have to say I am impressed how well it lasted from 6am until I removed it before bed. Loved it so much, I went and bought another one in color #121 Lasting Ginger. This has now become my go to lipstick. Yes, it does go on sticky at first but when it dries and you apply the balm it becomes smooth. Before it dries though, I use a q-tip and roll between my lips to remove any excess on the inner lip so I never have the lipstick on the teeth problem.

on 3/3/2015 12:25:00 PM

I bought this in "berry chic", a gorgeous, bright bluish-pink. From the moment that I applied this, my bf kept staring, and telling me how amazing I looked. Bonus. ;) This lipstick actually lives up to it's promise! 6pm, dinner, drinks, more drinks, lol, was still prefect when I got home 12 hrs later! I would not recommend attempting to remove this while intoxicated tho, lol!

on 2/23/2015 3:06:00 PM

I'm a lipstick junkie, and I've gotta say, this might be in my top five if not my top three of all time. I'll tell you the main reason: It. Does. Not. Budge. I've tried *lots* of lip products, and this is the only one that stays on all day without fail. I kid you not -- I put it on at 8 in the morning and got home at 10 PM, and it was still there. I didn't reapply even once! Given, by the VERY end of the day, it was maybe not looking as fresh as it could've, but still. Unreal! I mean, seriously -- it stayed on through many cups and coffee, through snacks, and through all meals. Truly, I've never seen anything like it!

If you're concerned about not having time to readjust you lip color, this would be a great product to try. The color selection, too, is really nice; I have Continual Crimson (a gorgeous, super-pigmented medium brick red) and Incessant Russet (a medium/dark red with brown undertones.) My main recommendation is to be SUPER-CAREFUL when you're putting it on; if it gets anywhere else, it stains.

on 1/18/2015 10:29:00 PM

I bought this in the color 201 (everlasting caramel). It intrigued me with it's longlasting claim, but alas, it's like the rest. I tried it on, and left it on for a minute to dry. It dries to a sticky finish. The balm is satiny and feels great on. Here's what I don't like. If you blot it at anytime with a tissue napkin, the lint of the napkin will cause a reaction with the lipstick. The lipcolor runs towards the lint balls and your lips immediately feel gritty with lint balls. Ultimately, the lip color comes off easily after this. So if you want to take it off, that's how. :-) The color is a nice burnt sienna. It's warm and looks great on tanned, yellow undertoned skin. The balm is nice. I will have to try it on a few more times to really test it. So far, it's like many of the other longwear lipsticks. The reaction with tissue lint really disappoints me. For that, I am not a fan and probably will not wear it too often.

on 1/13/2015 9:23:00 AM

When I saw this product had a perfect 5 score, I bought 2: Flamboyant Flamingo and Infallible Red. I'm so not happy I did this!

I am wearing the Flamingo as I write this, and it totally feels like there's heavy product on my lips.
It's a nice enough shade, a light pink, but nothing flamboyant about it - it's not awfully pigmented or anything.
It feels gritty on my lips, and looks kinda cracked. There has been transfer onto my front teeth, which is not nice, and makes me dread wearing the red shade I got.

I applied it properly, I didn't rub my lips together until it dried, but it still doesn't look all that smooth.

I like the scent, and it doesn't look all that bad overall, but I'm not a fan.

I know that the Infallible Red is a much more pigmented shade, I didn't wear it long enough though to see if it behaves better.

on 2/16/2014 7:36:00 AM

I really like this lipstick! I was hunting for a long-lasting lipstick for a wedding. I didn't want to run to the bathroom after every course. Usually lipsticks fade on me so I end up with lipstick lines around my lips and no lipstick on the rest of my lips. I came across the fushia color and decided to try it. The first time I put it on, I used the applicator on the lipstick itself, it looked horrible. But when I put it on with a liplinerbrush it looks amazing! One thing I learned is that you shouldn't rub your lips together once you have applied the lipstick. It will flake and I ended up taking it all of (with some eye make up remover soaked on a cotton pad) and then applying it again. It survived the party pretty well! It stayed all night, I had to do only one touch up after eating some soup. I touched up because I wanted the color to look more vibrant not because there was nothing left. It doesn't dehydrate my lips when a apply the balm every once in a while which is a big plus for me! The color is beautiful on my pale skin. It is a cool toned fushia, so it makes my teeth look whiter (always nice!). I only took one lippie of at the price because 17euros is a bit expensive to buy.
Overall: a very good product, I will buy again!

Recommended for Medium Skin