November 24, 2014 | 1236 users online

Lipstick - L'Oreal - Infallible 2-step Longwear Lipstick 24 Hours Hold

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2014 7:36:00 AM More reviews by Deboraahx

I really like this lipstick! I was hunting for a long-lasting lipstick for a wedding. I didn't want to run to the bathroom after every course. Usually lipsticks fade on me so I end up with lipstick lines around my lips and no lipstick on the rest of my lips. I came across the fushia color and decided to try it. The first time I put it on, I used the applicator on the lipstick itself, it looked horrible. But when I put it on with a liplinerbrush it looks amazing! One thing I learned is that you shouldn't rub your lips together once you have applied the lipstick. It will flake and I ended up taking it all of (with some eye make up remover soaked on a cotton pad) and then applying it again. It survived the party pretty well! It stayed all night, I had to do only one touch up after eating some soup. I touched up because I wanted the color to look more vibrant not because there was nothing left. It doesn't dehydrate my lips when a apply the balm every once in a while which is a big plus for me! The color is beautiful on my pale skin. It is a cool toned fushia, so it makes my teeth look whiter (always nice!). I only took one lippie of at the price because 17euros is a bit expensive to buy.
Overall: a very good product, I will buy again!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2013 3:29:00 AM More reviews by Herome

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I absolutely love this lipstick. If I know I won't have time to touch up my lips I automatically reach for this one (or the Maybelline super stay long 24 color which is, in my opinion, exactly the same). I apply it with my fingers so that I get the yourlipsbutbetter look because, as it's very very pigmentent, if you apply it directly with the applicator sometimes it can be too much. It doesn't dry out my lips or feel wierd. I have the shade 109 Blossoming Berry.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2013 9:02:00 AM More reviews by kafee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been looking for a long lasting lip stick/colour for ages. After reading many reviews, I decided to try this product. The shade i got was Timeless Rose. It took me ages to pick a shade; I was standing there swatching all the shades onto my hand haha. When I first applied it, it felt nice, and I really liked the colour too as it was an everyday type of colour. After a few seconds, it became sticky and hard. That's your cue to apply the balm end of this product. After applying the balm, it was like magic, everything felt fine. I decided to trial run this for the whole day. I applied it at around 9am, went to uni, had lunch & dinner, came home at around 7pm and it was still there. There was no transfer to the food & drinks I had eg. I would always notice marks on straws whenever I use other products. Half way through the day, my lips did feel a bit dry so I applied the balm again. Removing it was a bit difficult and I had to use makeup remover and scrub my lips for a while before most of it came off. Overall, I would totally recommend this product !
PROS
- long lasting
- the scent is nice
- the applicator
CONS
- RRP is $30 ( I bought mine for around $17 because it was 40% off, still think its pretty pricey for a drugstore product)
- Only 2.5ml, not a lot especially for that price.
- wider selection of colours would be nice

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2013 10:51:00 PM More reviews by babyjane14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm no stranger to the longwear lipstick & balm concept as I have used a similar product to this in the past by MaxFactor, so it was very nostalgic to use something like it again. I have the shade 'Continual Crimson', a medium cool-toned red. From my past experiences, I remember that these type of lipsticks felt very drying on the lips so it was a huge surprise that while it was long-lasting that my lips actually felt moisturised the whole time I was wearing it and the colour didn't flake off whatsoever. Application is easy with the doe foot applicator and twist up balm. I applied the balm immediately after application to lock the lipstick in place and after everything from eating, drinking to dancing it didn't show one sign of wear and I only applied more balm near the end of the night just for extra hydration. It's good to see that these long-lasting lipsticks have come a long way from what they used to be. I would definitely recommend these to anyone who wants a no fuss, apply once and you're set for the day lip product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2013 10:20:00 PM More reviews by gioja

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have been using Max Factor Lipfinity in 190 Indulgent for exactly 10 years because it was the most long lasting and natural looking lipstick on the market. It still is, actually, but although the creamy beige-taupe colour is very natural, I have always looked for something slightly lighter, something really undetectable on my lips for the nude look during the day. I use this namely as a lip contour to unify the irregular outline of my lips.

I discovered the brand new Infallible 2-steps and the colour 113 INVINCIBLE SABLE is a nude, a light beige-mauve, almost exactly the colour of my lips. You can't tell I have lipstick on, unless for the fact that my lips are very well defined. It lasts very long, so I need to apply it only once in the morning and to reapply the lip balm or lipstick during the day. It will eventually fade evenly after a very long and very fat meal, otherwise it doesn't need any touch ups.

The balm that comes with it has a weird shine, it shimmers even without shimmer and I don't like the finish, but it seals the colour and moisturizes very good for very long. I massage the balm into the lips in order to get rid of the "shimmer" and then I apply a lipstick or gloss on the top. During the day/outside I apply my SPF balm instead and then my favourite lipstick of the day. The result is always very creamy and natural.
It has a slightly vanilla scent and the brush tip is a bit too furry for my liking, which makes a precise application a bit harder. But all in all it is a very good product which I'm willing to buy again.

UPDATE: I couldn't resist and I bought also 209 VIOLET PARFAIT, a beautiful plum colour with imperceptible shimmer and cold undertones. Maybe a tiny bit too cold for the daily makeup but it looks very sophisticated for the night. I have the impression that it is bit sheerer than Invincible Sable, which is good because once it sets on my lips it looks very natural. The balm on the top makes it brighter, cooler and sort of shimmery.
I'm thinking about buying another one, one in a rose tone to wear during the day alone and under my many other lipsticks. These lip colours are so carefree that I wouldn't need to use any other lipstick, only my sheer SPF balm when I'm outside and that's it.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No