L'Oreal Infallible Pro-Last Lipcolor

3.7

BASE COAT: G900303 - INGREDIENTS: ISODODECANE, TRIMETHYLSILOXYSILICATE, NYLON-611/ DIMETHICONE COPOLYMER, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, LAUROYL LYSINE, PROPYLENE CARBONATE, C30-45 ALKYLDIMETHYLSILYL POLYPROPYLSILSESQUIOXANE, CALCIUM ALUMINUM BOROSILICATE, ALUMINA,CALCIUM SODIUM BOROSILICATE, SILICA, HYDROXYPALMITOYL SPHINGANINE, SYNTHETIC FLUORPHLOGOPITE, POLYETHYLENE TEREPHTHALATE, TIN OXIDE, SILICA DIMETHYL SILYLATE, ACRYLATES COPOLYMER, PARAFFIN, BENZYL ALCOHOL, SODIUM HYALURONATE, PARFUM / FRAGRANCE. [ /- MAY CONTAINMICA, CI 77891 / TITANIUM DIOXIDE, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / IRON OXIDES, CI 15850 / RED 7, CI 45380 / RED 22 LAKE, CI 45410 /RED 28 LAKE, CI 15985 / YELLOW 6 LAKE, CI 19140 / YELLOW 5 LAKE, CI 75470 / CARMINE, CI 15850 / RED 6, CI 42090 / BLUE 1 LAKE, CI15850 / RED 7 LAKE]. (FIL B53888/1)___TOP COAT: G900281 - INGREDIENTS: TRIMETHYL PENTAPHENYL TRISILOXANE, BIS-DIGLYCERYLPOLYACYLADIPATE-2, OZOKERITE, CERA ALBA / BEESWAX, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, PENTAERYTHRITYL TETRAISOSTEARATE, BENZYL ALCOHOL, SILICADIMETHYL SILYLATE, SODIUM CHONDROITIN SULFATE, ATELOCOLLAGEN, SODIUM HYALURONATE, PARFUM / FRAGRANCE. (FILB53719/1).

I wouldn't repurchase these one. They have a good selection of colours and is widely available. It was expensive though. $30 in Australia! That's almost double the price of the Rimmel version that was released around the same time.

They were uncomfortable to wear and flaked on my lips. :( I did reapply the balm but as I applied the balm, lots of flecks of colour came off. I also feel that the lip balm will be finished way before I finish the lip colour too!

Others seem to like it but it didn't last long for me. I didn't like that it was flaking off from the beginning and that it cost $30! I prefer the Rimmel Provocalips over the Infallible. Infallible has better colour selection.

I bought the color Captivated By Cerise, which is a bright bright hot pink. I like the color (though I may not be confident to wear it all the time). As someone said, the colors are very true to tube. If you let it dry until it's a bit sticky and apply the top coat, it was pretty transfer-proof minus a few flecks. The only problem is after 6 hours at work and not reapplying the top coat, the flecks missing start being a bit more apparent on my lips. It's definitely not as bad as some other lipsticks and you can still see the color. It's just a bit annoying. And I was able to reapply over the old dried color.

>>Pigment: Accurate - as you see through bottle.
>>Staying power: All day - through meals, no re-application.
>>Feel: Natural/Naked - you'll forget you even have it on, second skin.

I don't often review to praise. It's one of those occasions the product has been so good I'm motivated to tell others about it. Big price-tag but big worth it. I have never found a lip colour like this.

They apply the way they look in the product jar, actually quite surprising from L'oreal.
When I say it lasts all day, I mean ALL day. Through every coffee and even a meal of soup, it stays and no re-applications. The feel is the best part, it's like you're wearing nothing at all but still have full coverage. I have literally forgotten I was wearing it, it's that comfortable.

Note that you MUST apply the moisture or you will end up with a flaky dry matte. If you try it in-store and don't do it, you're not getting the experience. I see a lot of complaints about dryness, you've either put too much on or not used the cream and that is not how the product is intended to be used. Follow the application instructions. One swipe, allow to dry, add moisture, and you won't be disappointed.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I got this in 119 Neverending Nutmeg. It is such a gorgeous nude colour and perfect for the boho-sultry look that I wore to the Pemberton festival. The application is simple enough with the liquid lipstick on one end and the lip balm on the other. The lipstick goes on very smooth and as it dries, it gets ridiculously sticky. The balm doesn't really do much for me no matter how often I apply. Like all long-lasting lip products, this lipstick is very drying. It also has cracked on me in the past and started shedding off my lips. NOT attractive. I'm still not sure how I feel about this but I'm not tossing it yet.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I'm surprised this doesn't get better reviews. It's my favorite of the two-ended long-last lip colors I've tried, high-end and low. I like the balm much better than a sticky gloss. It lasts more or less all day, as long as you avoid any food too oily, and it's very comfortable for a long-wearing lip color. Hard to remove, but that's part of the deal. More complex, flattering colors than you can usually find in long-lasting formulas as well. I've gotten lots of compliments on Continual Crimson.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This stuff is the bomb. It's a medium toned cool nude. Goes with everything. Someone on youtube said it's a dupe for LC Cashmere; I think it looks pretty close but maybe less grey-toned and more wearable. I'm fair, and it looks a bit dark on me but I love this color. The formula is nice, thin and weightless like the previous reviewer stated. However it is very pigmented. If you apply too much it wears off unevenly. Sometimes it wears off patchy; I'm still working on it. It lasts all day unless I eat something oily. This weekend I put it on, ate pizza, went out dancing and drinking, and stupidly went to sleep without removing my makeup. When I woke up my makeup was pretty trashed, except my lipstick looked perfect. WITCHCRAFT.

I will repurchase! Might even buy a backup!

I bought Raisin Revival because I'd read Julianne Moore wore it to the Oscars and loved her lip color there. I'd say she wore a light coat of this. It's a beautiful berry shade. If you apply a lighter amount you get more of an amplified YLBB color, but leaning berry. Apply more and it's more vampy yet still somewhat bright. Once you let the gloss dry and apply the clear balm it feels pretty comfortable, and it has good staying power. You won't leave a bright lip print on a glass of wine or anything. I don't find it to be the best formula, though. It smells and tastes plasticky to me -- less so once it sets -- and it isn't as comfortable feeling as a lot of other lip products I've tried. (Frankly, I get more staying power from some of the Jordana Modern Mattes and a couple Kat Von D Studded Kiss Lipsticks.) But it's a pretty color, wears well, and it's handy on a day when I don't have time for a lot of touchups. I just wish it was a touch less fake feeling and a couple dollars cheaper.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I have this in an apricot tone. It has a bit of gold glitter in it which is nice,IMO. I dont reach for this a lot though, and if you dont wear the balm is is drying and wears off quick

UPDATE: This product SUCKS. When I put the balm ontop of the color it bunches up in places. Ive tried many different wait times to make sure the color is completely dry under before I put on the blam but nothing works. Tossing this out ASAP

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I bought it in infallible red. Nice red, a bit blue based. Long lasting, smudge proof. Can be drying if used without the gloss. Time consuming to put it on to create a red lip though.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This was almost a keeper until I read the fine print on the back. It says " warning flammable until dry" WTF??? What the hells in it?? Nope not even gonna go there. Even worse it doesn't tell you the ingredients. So I returned it. But lets pretend that wasn't there and talk about the goods. This stuff ready does stay on your lips. I applied it and fyi you don't need the full amount that comes off on the wand, I wipe half of it off. Anyways I applied it, let the color dry and then applied the glossy balm. The color is rich and creamy but dries matte and then is shiny after you apply the balm. But this does accentuate your fine lines in your lips. That's one thing I don't like. As for the staying power it is excellent. I kissed my hubby a bunch and even made out with him and no color rubbed off on him. Only the shine of the balm transfers but that's it. I kissed the back of my hand and nothing came off. But I did eat spaghetti with melted cheese and the oil in the food slightly crackled the middle section on my lips but it was only noticeable if your looking at it up close. In fact when it came down to trying to remove it it was hard. I rubbed it with olive oil on a towel, some came off. I wanted my lips with soap and scrubbed it with a soapy towel and still it was on. So I rubbed some more with olive oil and then rubbed with just a wet towel and it finally came off. So thats that. Do what you will with my input. Peace.

Recommended for Medium Skin