L'Oreal Infallible 2-step Longwear Lipstick 24 Hours Hold

4.4

BASE COAT: G900303 - INGREDIENTS: ISODODECANE, TRIMETHYLSILOXYSILICATE, NYLON-611/ DIMETHICONE COPOLYMER, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, LAUROYL LYSINE, PROPYLENE CARBONATE, C30-45 ALKYLDIMETHYLSILYL POLYPROPYLSILSESQUIOXANE, CALCIUM ALUMINUM BOROSILICATE, ALUMINA,CALCIUM SODIUM BOROSILICATE, SILICA, HYDROXYPALMITOYL SPHINGANINE, SYNTHETIC FLUORPHLOGOPITE, POLYETHYLENE TEREPHTHALATE, TIN OXIDE, SILICA DIMETHYL SILYLATE, ACRYLATES COPOLYMER, PARAFFIN, BENZYL ALCOHOL, SODIUM HYALURONATE, PARFUM / FRAGRANCE. [ /- MAY CONTAINMICA, CI 77891 / TITANIUM DIOXIDE, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / IRON OXIDES, CI 15850 / RED 7, CI 45380 / RED 22 LAKE, CI 45410 /RED 28 LAKE, CI 15985 / YELLOW 6 LAKE, CI 19140 / YELLOW 5 LAKE, CI 75470 / CARMINE, CI 15850 / RED 6, CI 42090 / BLUE 1 LAKE, CI15850 / RED 7 LAKE]. (FIL B53888/1)___TOP COAT: G900281 - INGREDIENTS: TRIMETHYL PENTAPHENYL TRISILOXANE, BIS-DIGLYCERYLPOLYACYLADIPATE-2, OZOKERITE, CERA ALBA / BEESWAX, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, PENTAERYTHRITYL TETRAISOSTEARATE, BENZYL ALCOHOL, SILICADIMETHYL SILYLATE, SODIUM CHONDROITIN SULFATE, ATELOCOLLAGEN, SODIUM HYALURONATE, PARFUM / FRAGRANCE. (FILB53719/1).

on 9/1/2015 6:17:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Neutral

Tonbdb

on 9/1/2015 5:47:00 PM

i bought it because i was told it would last for hours, it did feel strange and stickey and did not stay on after a cup of tea and 2 glasses of water. i am going on a long flight and i would like it to last. i will try it again to moro as i may do a better job on it. better luck next time.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

I wanted to like this lip color but just couldn't. The color (Permanent Blush) works on my nc42 skin tone as long as I balance it with a slightly darker lip liner. But the formula isn't comfortable to me. It feels a bit stiff even after applying the balm. And I'm a little annoyed at the TV ad, which makes the balm look so glossy. I ended up with nothing like that. It's shiny but not like on tv, so I feel misled. Something about it just looks "off" on my lips. I can say however that the product has staying power. It's still on at 4pm after 2 breakfast bars, a hamburger, fries and bottled water. Too bad that isn't enough to make me repurchase. In fact, I might return this one.

on 8/7/2015 4:05:00 AM

It's not bad overall, but it feels really heavy on my lips and uncomfortable. Even if you let it dry without touching it, it will crack and look weird and applying more does nothing but make it worse. I can say that if you can get past the flaws, it could be nice because it lasts literally all day. I couldn't get it off of me no matter what I tried. I prefer liquid lipsticks from higher end brands that are more comfortable, but I see this has a lot of good reviews so don't be afraid to try it!

on 7/11/2015 5:06:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Not sure how to describe my skin except to say mid brown, Indian...Anyhow, that connects as I purchased "Never Ending Nutmeg" as I wanted a natural MLBB type shade as I often wear a lot of mascara & liner. I love this product. Glides on smoothly & evenly w/ out that glue like texure & lasts many hrs so you don't need touch ups. Never gets on my teeth either. The color's subtle on me but moisturizing. Cost $13.55 CAD on sale, but worth it. Far better than the Rimmel Provacalips too. If apply a little of my Maybelline "Magnificent Mauve" or Essence "Barely There" lipstick over it, it shows up somewhat like the LC "Cashmere" shade on my lips. Loving it thus far.

on 5/25/2015 3:01:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

This stuff. This stuff is amazing. Put it on in a thin layer, let it dry without touching it, and put the balm on. It lasts through everything, doesn't fade for hours, and feels comfortable. You may need to put balm over it after a few hours, but that's all it needs. I have this in Cherry Noir (which is too dark for me honestly) and Infallible Red (which is a warm bright red).

on 3/22/2015 7:41:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

OMG OMG. This is the best $10 I've spent on a beauty product in a long time. It quickly turned into $40 because less than 24 hours later I made two more purchases for a total of 4 colors!

My skin tone: fair-light, N15/NC15, some light freckles
Eyes/hair: medium brown, blonde highlights

Color:
I first purchased this in Passionate Petal, a warm light-medium fairly bright but flattering pink. I normally don't like pink but this one looked so good against my face when I held up several that my boyfriend even agreed this was the color for me. I ended up going back for Everlasting Caramel later the same evening which is even better on me, MLBB, and a universally flattering, everyday shade. The next day I picked up Infallible Red (a neutral to warm bright red) and the Continuous Coral shade (this shade is somewhat sheerer but my favorite). My boyfriend picked up the Rose shade as a surprise, which is pretty despite the annoying sparkles. They all perform comparably and I love them all. I wish there was a paler mauve shade - the more plummy ones are all so dark (I have one and I don't anticipate using it much).

Texture & longevity:
When you're a teacher or prof and can't take bathroom breaks ever or get any privacy at work it is crucial to use products you don't have to worry about checking in the mirror all the time. I researched these extensively before picking them up and the positive reviews are on point - as long as you apply a thin layer, distribute quickly, let it set, do NOT rub your lips together while it sets, and then apply the awesome balm once it is dry to the touch, you're golden. The color is opaque and sets within a minute for me. The balm feels SO good, smells faintly but pleasant, is very moisturizing, and imparts some shine. Love it. I wish they sold it alone! TIP: smile while the color sets, or you may see faint crease marks when you smile later on.

I get such long wear time I almost don't believe it. Eating wet greasy food, drinking wine, kissing, you name it and this product holds up. It doesn't rub off or deposit color on your glass. Amazing.

Did I say amazing...?

I find so far that other balms don't wreck the long wear, but will report back with a more sound analysis of that when I've experimented more.

Scent:
Virtually none! A hint of pleasant from the balm.

Cost: $10 at Walmart and Target, $12 at Ulta & drugstores, $13.29 at CVS

Love this!
I picked this up on a whim in 213 Continual Crimson. I have not worn red lipstick in years, for the most part because I am lazy. I hate reapplying throughout the day so I usually just wear a gloss I can slap on and forget about.
This stuff is indestructible! I work 12 hour shifts and it made it through the entire day as well as dinner out after work, 17 hours and looked almost as good as it did when I put it on. There was a little bit of fading but after 17 hour how can you complain. I think the trick to making this stuff go the mile is definitely application, I did a thin coat and then let it set while I put on the rest of my face and then added the balm.
Another thing I love about this is that it is comfortable, other long wearing lipsticks tend to feel tight and look cracked throughout the day. I found that as long as I touched up with the balm every 2-3 hours or so it was good.

on 3/14/2015 3:26:00 PM

I bought this in the shade Incessant Russet. I was intending to use only the pigmented side as i dont like shiny lipsticks.
However, i did use both sides and it looked amazing! And it lasted an entire working day without having to touch up even once! It is sticky upon application and the doe foot applicator tends to have too much on it when you pull it from the tube, so you have to wipe it on the side of the tube to remove the excess. Once dried, thats it for the day. You have to use vaseline or an oil based cleanser to remove it. I think it's an excellent product, slightly pricey but definitely worth it! I felt ultra glamorous the whole day and didnt have to touch up after drinks, meals or snacks! I havent properly kiss tested it yet though ;)

on 3/13/2015 3:03:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I bought a color in Neverending Nutmeg and I absolutely love both the color and the formula! The color is a great mauve nude and the formula is to die for. The formula is thin but very opaque and it feels very high end. It is weightless and lasts literally all day long and doesn't dry out my lips in the slightest bit. Once you let the step 1 dry for a minute and apply the balm which is step 2 it's gonna stay on for the whole entire day and won't budge and it feels so comfortable on the lips that you forget that you are wearing something. The L'Oreal's formula is waaay better than Anastasia's since Anastasia's formula feels dry and uncomfortable on my lips and I totally will be returning that! But when I run out of the L'Oreal's liquid lipstick I will be buying and buying again. I wish they had more nude colors though!

Recommended for Medium Skin