Jordana 12 HR Made to Last Eyeshadow Pencil - 04 Continuous Almond

4.8

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse

This is a perfect matte ivory color pencil for the inner lower waterline if you want to make your eyes look bigger and brighter. It is not too expensive and I actually think it looks more flattering on my eyes than the shimmer champagne pencil I was using before. If you line your upper water line with a black pencil, make sure it is one that dries fast and is water proof, because I find the creaminess of this Jordana pencil makes any black product used on the eyes stick to it easily and it turns into a weird gray color when that happens (hope that makes sense). As an eyeshadow I find it works best when used without a primer because it looks chalky with a base. By itself it is nice but when blended the pigmentation smudges and fades away. So I guess this could work as an eye shadow base?
Anyway, I HATE that this comes in a wooden pencil form. Having to sharpen it is such a hassle (and such a waste of product). I have NO CLUE why the company didn't make this a retractable pencil product. I looked like an idiot when I first got it trying to turn the bottom end of the pencil clockwise without any results.
So I have a love hate relationship with this product. I wouldn't repurchase it.

on 12/28/2014 9:38:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This stuff is amazing! This is flesh tone (for me). It's cheap, so easy to apply and blend. There's no odor and all other products stay in place. Look for further for a DS eye shadow primer if you are fair to medium skin tone.

on 12/28/2014 8:52:00 PM

I love this. But I have never bought it for my self. But I have used someone else's before. I will by it for my self soon though. I love this product. I love this brand I think it is wonderful. And a great base to. Who ever buy's this will not regret buying it. I think it would be a wonderful investment. I have had no problems using it. I do have the same one's just different colors. Like a blue, and a pink. I also love those also. I think they are very pigmidtid. I definitely do not regret buying the one's I have. I think the work wonderful and they are a great eyeshadow to have. I think everyone she at least try it out. I know a lot of people never heard of this eyeshadow or this brand before. That to me is really sad. I think one day I will buy all of them.

on 12/17/2014 2:23:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've only used this as a spot concealer for redness. I saw it mentioned that way on makeup board a while back. I love pencil concealer but most are too dark or orange. This works really well on my very pale skin that's olive leaning yellow. I was using this instead of foundation for about a month and liked the look too but hated sharpening because it would get mushy on me.

I may freeze then try again. Great for touchups also around the mouth to reign in lipstick. Got the white but this shade seems smoother.

on 12/17/2014 2:00:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I already love Jordana'a eye liners and lip liners, so I decided to go out on a whim and try this eyeshadow pencil due to all of the rave reviews. Itt may be cheap, but it works better than NYX's Jumbo Eyeshadow Pencils, or basically any other eyeshadow pencils that I have ever used beside Clinique's ones. The Continuous Almond shade is a great flesh toned color that is completely matte, it doesn't smudge or budge, and even is water resistant. It works as a great eyeshadow base, or even alone, if you are in a rush and need a quick go -to eyeshadow look that makes ones eyes look brighter, in a very natural looking way.

It does have a creamy consistency, not overly creamy to the point, where it starts to break down and get greasy and separate on ones face at all. I highly recommend buying a couple at a time, so that you can have backups. Because, once you try it, you'll love it!

on 12/14/2014 10:40:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

Great, cheap, daily use product. It glides on very creamy but sets quickly and will not budge afterward. Great to use on waterline for an off-white effect and stays up for several hours.

It's a must have for me for neutral looks, as it just creates a lovely skin tone base. It sets better than the Maybelline color tattoos, however has about the same set time and blend ability.

It's claims are:
- High pigmentation
- Matte
- Long-lasting
- Water resistant
Honestly, all the claims are true. Lovely product.

For $3, its worth a shot everyone.

on 11/4/2014 12:05:00 AM

This pencil is just amazing. It's the perfect matte neutral color and never creases even without a primer or any powdered shadow (and I have a lot of problems with creasing even with decent drugstore primers). It intensifies and prolongs the wear of all my powder shadows too, so it's a big time-saver for me in the morning because I can basically skip primer and it's so much more pigmented than the base color I was using before this. Just smear, add something to my crease, and move on!
If I didn't have to sharpen this, I would have to declare it a necessity for all people wearing makeup everywhere. As it is, I recommend putting it in the freezer to sharpen or looking up some tutorials on de-potting. I really wish this came in a pot like the maybelline color tattoos, but I guess you can't win them all.

on 9/27/2014 9:24:00 PM

This is an amazing nude eyeshadow/waterliner! On days that I feel lazy I just apply this all over my lid and on my water line, apply liquid liner and I'm on the go.
This shadow stick is very creamy and easy to blend and only cost me around $3.00 at my Kmart, I've already bought a backup one! Cuz this also makes a great eyeshadow base as well and could look good on any skin tone, keep in mind this is completely Matte which I happen to like, don't get me wrong I love shimmer but it is nice on casual days for Matte eyes.
I definitely reccomend this and I'm also going to buy the dark brown one and the teal cuz I loved this one so much!

on 9/23/2014 1:47:00 PM

This rocks. I agree with previous reviewer who said that it brightens the eyes. It looks great under any shadow. I love how creamy it is and it lasts and lasts. I have only tried the Continuous Almond color, but would love to try other colors, too. You won't be disappointed -- buy this!

on 9/6/2014 3:51:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Lovely multi-use shade Really last a long time.
Nice as a base, lid shade, brow bone.
It did crease just slightly even when used with a primer after about 5/6 hours. Not too bad compared to others I have used.

Even though the shade is nice and not a generic looking frosty type shade, that most light colors look on my skin, I personally have not been using this much. I will probably be giving this one away.