April 20, 2014 | 1512 users online

BB Cream - Chanel - CC cream

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2014 12:06:00 PM More reviews by choconoonna

My first review here is for CC Cream Complete Correction SPF 30 PA+++ in 20 Beige. When first time I bought the first tube last year, no other optional choice, but 20 Beige.

I've purchased the second tube couple months ago at Incheon Duty Free, for a stock when I'm about running out the first one in upcoming, probably, 3 months. We don't have Chanel Makeup Counter here in Indonesia, but in Duty Free Soekarno-Hatta Airport, and they don't sell this by the time I wanted to buy.

Packaging: It's hygienic tube, sleek white with sturdy cap. It's absolutely compact for traveling.

Texture: thick, creamy, and yellowish. It's best using beauty blender to apply, than foundation brush or worse, fingers.

Complexion after application: slightly brightened and healthier with sheer, but buildable into medium coverage. I can still see blemishes or freckles or redness (that's the use of concealer), but in overall, looking good and sheer, and looking even better after few hours. Even better if using primer (I use Chanel Le Blanc Light Revealing Whitening Makeup Base SPF35 PA+++ under, and Chanel Poudre Universelle Libre in 20 Clair, as setting powder).

I'm sensitive combo acne prone skin type and most foundation or compact powder broke me out, but this CC Cream didn't.

The texture isn't as good as Vitalumiere Aqua, which is runny but cooling, but I prefer CC Cream since the Vitalumiere Aqua is a bit oxydized on me, darker in the mid of the day.

I took one lippie for the price tag since I'm actually NW25 skin, I wish someday Chanel will consider between 20 to 30. 20 is a bit too bright, while 30 is too dark for me, but I will always repurchase Chanel CC Cream, to be used for daily or even special occasion, since I don't like make up that showing make up. Luv it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2014 1:47:00 AM More reviews by luluhalabaloo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I use a prescription retinol at night (Renova) but it makes my skin very light sensitive (all skins, actually). So I never leave the house without a sunscreen. Every day. If I forget, I turn a nice orange and if I burn, the red will stay for a long time. Anyway, I use Skinceuticals but I don't care for the smell or the tint. I also use Avene SPF50 but it is greasy and very white and I look like a greasy ghost and need powder, but it does work. I wanted something that would work as my concealer, my foundation and a sunscreen, and this product, while kind of heavy and chalky, works well. It is drying, and I a worried that it kind of looks like a mask, but from far, it leaves me with a fantastic complexion. It's important to make sure your skin is well hydrated and exfoliated, then apply really fast and just a little. If you are still worried about the SPF, use something under it, but I need a natural SPF, not a chemical one and this one is a natural base and does not irritate.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2014 9:16:00 AM More reviews by Azie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I agree with the below, hefty price tag, AMAZING product, if anything it makes my complexion even better as the day goes on, I put the Soliel Tan de Chanel on over this - magic! I only wear when I'm going out or to events, it's pricey @ €50.00 a pop...

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2014 5:38:00 AM More reviews by PinkCupcakes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I absolutely LOVE this product. I was actually astounded by the way my face looked with this on.

The formula comes out of the bottle thickish in consistency, sort of like a firm foundation. It smells lovely and lightly floral, like all Chanel products, which I love. The formula feels luxurious and silky under your fingertips. It spreads very nicely on the face, and begins to absorb soon after. The most amazing thing about this product is how seamlessly it blends into the face, and the glow it gives your face. I am not exaggerating when I say, the finish is a glowy, even tone, making your cheeks and otherwise dull parts of the face glow and reflect light. I don't set my base with powder, because I hate how powder feels if I touch my face throughout the day. 4 hours later, the cream did not make me oily, did not wear off and the glow was maintained. I was surprised that I did not even need concealer while wearing this, because the skin around my eyes totally evened out with the rest of my face. Later that evening I received many compliments about my skin.

Needless to say, I will definitely be re-purchasing despite the hefty price tag.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/5/2014 12:39:00 AM More reviews by Kpop4ever1997

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I normally never post reviews however for this product I just had to. This is one of the worst product I have ever used. First the fragrance, I never have had any problems with fragrance in products in the past but this product is horrible! It smells like saliva mixed with old lady perfume! It lingers for a long time and makes me dizzy and sick! Texture wise, it feels really patchy, it doesn't blend easily and transfers really easily. It can be like wiped off... Because I don't personally use powder as I dislike powders, this cream doesn't set by itself... It just sits on top feeling like a heavy mask. Coverage wise, it has very high coverage, it definitely has too much coverage for me. It feels and look really cakey as it very thick. It is definitely high medium coverage. Ingredient wise this product didn't really contain much skin care benefit or very little. Another factor is that I found lots of Paraban in this product I think there was 4. This may be the reason my face looked extremely red after removing the cream and caused irritation to my apple zone. Price wise, this retails about 70 dollars so I wouldn't say it is very expensive and is pretty good value considering the amount you get. However overall this was a horrible product and didn't like it at all. I don't know how Chanel actually would produce this, as such a famous brand. I guess it just didn't work for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2014 1:43:00 PM More reviews by styra

I absolutely love this product! The texture is lightweight enough, and it's perfect for my combination skin. It's very long lasting too - it doesn't melt or oxidizes as badly as a normal foundation or BB cream would. I bought the natural shade and found that it blended in easy with my skin tone. It was a pricey investment but well worth it! I've been on many brands of BB creams prior and they all didn't work too well. They tend to be too oily for my combination skin type. I'm glad I stuck gold with this one.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2014 10:27:00 AM More reviews by Laski

I had a generous sample of this in the colour 32 Beige Rosé. It was a little too light for me, but with a little bronzer on top, it worked out fine. What I liked about this product: it really gives full coverage, more than some liquid foundations do. I almost didnīt need concealer when using this. So the result is a really even toned complexion. What I didnīt like: the texture is quite thick and pasty, and a little hard to spread for a luxury product. So the application isnīt necessarily fun. Also, in the end it doesnīt really look natural, no matter how well I blend and work it into the skin. Itīs halfway visible that Iīm wearing a heavy coverage foundation from up-close. So in the end, I think that there are better products out there which give a more natural look and feel a bit lighter on skin. I used the sample up happily, but wonīt buy the full size.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2014 11:04:00 AM More reviews by PianoGirl1985

I enjoy this product very much. I find that I am the type of person who does not like products that everyone else loves and I love products that almost everyone hates haha. That is why it is very difficult to form a good opinion on a product before trying it.
Yes it has a strong scent, but it smells luxurious and the scent goes away after several seconds. It is thick and you much moisturize very well before hand or even use a light primer underneath. I enjoy wearing this either over my Paula's Choice daily ultra light moisturizer SPF 30 or Clinique moisture surge gel moisturizer.
I think this is by far the best CC/BB cream that is high end. It covers so well, it blends in beautifully (at least on my skin), it lasts the entire day which I was honestly shoked since no BB/CC cream from other brands lasted for me all day. I have oily/combo skin and usually the oil breaks down all of my foundations and you can clearly see how it begins to separate, but not with this CC cream. It is ALMOST like Estee Lauder's double wear in a CC cream form.
I got a sample of this and will definitely be purchasing the full size soon.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2014 2:30:00 PM More reviews by blondbunny

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This was a fail for me it made My skin glow covered my pores and made my skin look even dewy and very radiant but alas that's where my love for this came to a bitter sweet end the color was not a match not even close and it was the lightest shade it goes orange on me I have had this problem with brands like chanel and dior and even clarins running to dark on me so this is a no buy for me:/

rated 2 of 5 on 2/18/2014 6:33:00 PM More reviews by Esmerelda55

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

After reading lots of good things, I came home with a very generous sample of this.
I always think, this is going to be the one! But this time, like so many others, I was wrong.
For me, it is very dry and chalky. The color is fairly yellow. I have tried it over moisturizers, under foundations, by itself, on good face days and bad face days. This morning was the day I admitted defeat and tossed the remainder.
It's so dry looking. It emphasizes every wrinkle and dry spot on my face.
I'm happy for those who it works for, but for me, this is a fail.