Chanel CC cream

3.7

Active: Titanium Dioxide 12 Inactive: Water, Methyl Trimethicone, Caprylyl Methicone, Phenyl Trimethicone, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Glycerin, PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Talc, Stearic Acid, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Alumina, Centaurea Cyanus Flower Water, Dimethicone, Phenoxyethanol, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch hazel) Water, Potassium Sorbate, Magnesium Sulfate, C9-15 Fluoroalcohol Phosphate, Fragrance, Aluminum Hydroxide, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Alcohol, Thermus Thermophillus Ferment, Silica, Trifluoropropyldimethyl/Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Ethylparaben, Biotin. (May contain) Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide, Mica

on 8/11/2015 3:32:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This cc cream by Chanel is by a long way my favourite tinted moisturiser/BB cream/CC cream I've tried so far.
I actually think the whole 'CC cream' marketing of this is completely pointless, it's basically a hydrating cream foundation that gives really decent coverage, is long lasting and has spf 50 - for normal to dry, dehydrated skin like mine it's pretty darn perfect!!
I have no idea why this is in the skincare category.
For me this is much more hydrating than Vitalumiere Aqua and so much more long lasting than Chanel's other moisturing offering Vitalumiere foundation. It's a shame this only comes in three shades but I think they lean more yellow/neutral than a lot of other CC creams.
Despite the spf this also photographs really beautifully, under flash I was surprised it didn't leave a white cast!!
Overall this should be a great daytime foundation except for maybe the very oily skin types?
The price is CRAZY expensive, hopefully it's reflected in the ingredients? But I would repurchase without any hesitation!

on 8/10/2015 12:16:00 AM

Somehow this gives an ashy look.

on 7/24/2015 4:29:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This is for the 2015 reformulation. There are three shades and I see on the US website it has an SPF of 50 while here in Australia it has SPF 30. I have this in the lightest shade, which is 10. This is listed under skincare rather than makeup according to Chanel.

I love Chanel vitalumiere aqua but wanted something that had a bit more coverage for days where I want to look more done up. The sales explained that their heavier foundation, perfection lumiere, would he way too drying on my skin. She then proceeded to rave about the new cc cream. She didn't like the previous version apparently, but she loved the reformulation. I have not been interested in cc creams and have been of the opinion that if I did want one I would order one from Asia. I wasn't too keen but I let the SA do her thing and apply it on my face. This has more coverage than vitalumiere aqua but doesn't give full coverage. It is more medium. But the SA showed me a tip where you layer the vit aqua over the cc cream and it looked flawless. I ended up loving the finish and was convinced enough to buy a tube.

I would layer the two for special events but I'm really loving the cc by itself. It is more pigmented than your average tinted moisturiser or bb cream. It is actually really good at covering redness, which is a primary concern for me as of late. It is winter at the moment so I have yet to test it in the summer but so far I have experienced no longevity issues.

The formula is definitely a cream rather than a liquid but it is very easy to blend for a cream and you can use a brush as well as your fingers. This is no where near as thick and creamy as laura mercier creme smooth for example. It has a slight fragrance, which isn't too strong as far as Chanel cosmetics go. It doesn't bother my relatively sensitive nose.

As well as covering redness I find it covers pores pretty well too. It also smooths over fine lines and does give the skin a plumped appearance. It sits nicely and feels comfortable on my dry skin. It gives a slightly dewy finish but is no where as dewy as the original vitalumiere, which can sometimes look oily and shiny. I know Chanel markets this as skincare, but really it's makeup. It feels more like a foundation to me, but a very nice one at that.

I see that people are complaining about the price but it's cheaper than the other Chanel foundations. It's still an expensive product but a price you'd expect from Chanel and other high end brands.

This was a nice surprise for me. I'm really enjoying it.

on 7/19/2015 3:43:00 PM

I truly believe this is one of the best CC cream on the Western market, but is it worth 59CAD$? Not for me and it makes me cry to spend so much money for a 30ml tube. You could buy a 50ml Korean BB/CC cream for 20$ and you would get the same results. It may sound a little silly, but I can almost compare this product to the Lioele Triple the Solution BB Cream in terms of functions:
- Light-medium to buildable coverage
- Long lasting
- Light weight
- SPF30/PA++
- A little goes a long way
- Gives natural dewy finish.
This is an excellent product if you are looking for all these characteristics. Even if it seems to work beautifully, the cons are mostly in the ingredients. Some people have noticed irritation after using this product and I'm slightly concerned about the skin caring of this CC. (For more informations about the ingredients: http://www.cosdna.com/eng/cosmetic_b0a498156.html).
Lioele Triple the Solution BB cream offers more benefits (anti-wrinkle, non-greasy, brightening, whitening etc.) and like other Asian BB creams, is more focused on skin care.
The product was first released in Asia and the shade range is very poor since it was made for Asian skin tones (or I'd rather say, Asian beauty standard...). There are only 2 shades available: Beige 20 and Beige Rose 32. Even if the second shade says ''rose'', they are both light to medium and warmed toned. The sales lady recommended me Beige Rose 32, which seemed like a great match, but when I got home and tried it on my face, it was a little too dark (but I'm able to correct it with a lighter powder). Unlike other Western CC creams, this can be worn on its own. The sales assistant said that this could be used as a base... To be honest,I don't feel the need to go with a foundation over because it delivers enough coverage.
The packaging is okay. The fact that it's a tube doesn't make it as hygienic as a pump, but since the hole is quite small, it's not a big issue for me.

Finally, think twice before buying this product because like I said, it only contains 30ml... Fortunately, you need a small amount to cover your entire face, but I still wouldn't use this product everyday because of the price. 59CAD$ is insane when you know there are less expensive BBs/CCs out there doing the exact same thing as this (and have more benefits).
(Some people are very fond of Chanel products and will probably always stick to this brand, and I can't blame them. But for people who are suspicious about getting it, this is simply a friendly reminder that there are other alternatives you could eventually try. Don't forget that you can always ask for samples too!)
Good luck!

on 7/19/2015 3:29:00 AM

I really wanted to love this but honestly I don't think it's anything special. It goes on evenly and gives reasonable coverage however I feel that it makes my skin look dull and it tends to flake and fade within a few hours. There are much better cc creams on the market that are better value for money. Also I am not really a packaging snob but who was the genius who decided to put a tinted cream in a white tube? The tube gets dirty and scummy really easily.

on 7/6/2015 4:14:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Me: adult hormonal acne with melasma, NW/ NC 15-25.

Adorable finish and coverage! Quite neutral in the lightest shade, does not turn orange. You have to be careful when you apply it, cause it almost gives a full coverage, and that can easily look like a "mask" if applied everywhere. I guess it's better to use it on specific areas, and almost as a foundation. Unfortunately it creases under the eyes and leaves strikes during hot summer days.

Still don't know if it would break me out, cause I received a sample. But I don't think it's oil-free...

The price is very, very high for such a small amount and for everyday use. So won't purchase, but liked how it looked.

on 6/30/2015 8:12:00 AM

This stuff really settles into every fine line or pore. I also think the palest shade is too rosy and deadens the skintone. Dior Nude BB is so much better but unfortunately with a lesser SPF. Back to the search...

on 6/27/2015 8:37:00 AM

Best cc cream I've tried and I've tried a lot! Coverage is great and no greasy look to it. It's pricey but I feel it's worth it just for the coverage alone. IT cosmetics cc cream is okay but this is so much better that I will pay the extra $$

on 6/25/2015 4:08:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I ended up loving this stuff! I originally bought this as an alternative to sunscreen. All sunscreen breaks me out, and I have tried dozens of them. Anyways as soon as I saw the SPF of 50 I felt that I had to give it a shot. I was skeptical at first but once I put it on, I was hooked. It not only made my skin feel nice and smooth, but the coverage was excellent for a cc cream. In fact I don't even need to wear concealer or foundation. I been using it for a few weeks now, and my skin is loving it! No breakouts, yay! The only reason I didn't give it a full five is because it's expensive, but it worth it. Sometimes you just have to splurge. For reference I got it in beige 40, Im NC35

on 6/16/2015 8:32:00 AM

Absolutely love this product! It gives the natural coverage that I want, evens out skin tone, and doesn't feel like I'm wearing a greasy mask. Beige Rose is also a wonderful match if like me, you find most other CC/BB creams to be too yellow.

My only complaint is that a little goes a long way, and it's far too easy to squeeze too much out of the tube. Small sacrifice to pay for such a lovely product.