August 23, 2014 | 1371 users online

Makeup Brushes - Suqqu - Cheek Brush

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2014 1:32:00 PM More reviews by jchoi128

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I'm the kind of girl that likes a very natural makeup. You can say it's like NO MAKEUP makeup. Very sheer yet polished and everything well blended is what I always strive for in front of a mirror. This Suqqu brush exceeded my expectation by far and I already forgot how much it hurt looking at the price tag.

This brush is very small compared to other American cosmetic brand brushes but very similar in width and length (hair length and width) as the Shu Uemura #20 cheek brush. However Shu Uemura is flatter, more densely packed and not as soft. Suqqu cheek brush has a lot of movement so it's not great for heavy duty contouring. Better for applying powder or sheering out a pigmented powder blush for a natural look. The brush does not pick up a lot of product out of the pan so it's hard to make a mistake with this brush. You can always build up and add more color but if you're always trying to build color up to a high intensity, buy a different brush and pass this one. It will take you awhile to build color with this brush.

Suqqu cheek brush is by far the softest hair I've ever felt in my life. Nothing compares to it - I mean NOTHING. There's a huge price jump for this top notch quality but I just have to suck it up and face reality because there is no replacement. Right now, I use the shu uemura cheek brush to add blush to the apple of my cheek and use the Suqqu brush to blend it out beautifully. I'm so happy that I made this purchase and don't regret. If I lost it???? I would go nuts and then be happy to buy another.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2014 6:49:00 AM More reviews by judiness

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is the craziest beauty related purchase I ever did! I bought it when I was in vacation in London. I had the option to pay in euros and it was 106 euros. I swear that brush almost costed a divorce and it would have been almost worth it! It's that good!

The main use of this brush is for blush, but it work splendidly with targeted application of setting powder, contour and highlighter.

What is so special about this brush is how small it is and how soft it is. It is also made of a black plastic handle and ferule and it is super lightweight.

This is not the only brush I use, because some of my blushes are unfortunately not pigmented enough, but once I get rid of them, I won't use anything else! If you like super bright cheeks, you won't like this brush. If you tend to buy super intense blushes like nars and illamasqua you will really like it. It will open up a world of bright blushes you never though you could wear before.

It's also splendid for small faces.

My only warning would be, if you tend to be vary anal about cleaning, do not buy this brush. Grey squirrel hair is very delicate, you need to wipe out the powder on a tissue and only wash this brush seldomly.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2014 4:05:00 PM More reviews by powerderprincess

After reading and watching rave reviews on this brush, I had been lusting for a suqqu brush, but I nearly fainted when I read how much it cost to have it sent to you in the US. I talked myself out of such an absurd purchase. After, a moment if insanity I ordered 3 chikuhodo brushes and while I was at it I splurged on the suqqu cheek through ichibankou since the yen seems to be at a low compared to the dollar. Anyway...at first I was disappointed, the brush was so tiny and I couldn't get an even blush application with such a small dense brush. It wasn't until I washed it that the magic was unleashed. The brush nearly doubled in size to a rounded, but tapered shape, capable of the softest most airy application. Lisa Eldridge did a fantastic tutorial on bronzing where she bronzes, blushes, and powders with this one brush. Quite the multitasker! Every morning I am so excited to put on my blush, which makes the hefty price tag worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2014 10:22:00 PM More reviews by Guarsriboon

It is the softest blusher brush that i ever encountered! I love how it applies all my blushes naturally and beautifully! However, the disappointment was there were also some hair that shed after i washed it a couple times, which i dont expect this to happened according to the price of the brush. But overview of this brush, i think it is one of the best brushes that i ever had! I'm Recommended!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2014 6:23:00 AM More reviews by artemis16

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Among other cheek brushes, I own Nars Yachiyo and love it. I also use the Ecotools blush brush for less pigmented blushes and find it very good for baked blushes that often don't release their pigment that easily (e.g. Bourjois, the blush colours of which I like a lot).
I even enjoy the elf blush brush sometimes.
I read all the Suqqu reviews carefully, after having found out about this gem from Lisa Eldridge's great videos.
I had already caved in mentally, before I even went to the Selfridges counter. In fact, I didn't even ask what the price was or looked at the bill until much later in the day (85 pounds...).

Every positive comment about this is 100% true. It feels like stroking your cheek with a cloud, it never overapplies and it couldn't be more perfect.
The only thing I'd ask for is a proper, neat case to carry it with. I couldn't bear for it to be damaged in any way.
If you can afford you splurge, you MUST have it. It's divine.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2014 9:55:00 AM More reviews by lalila

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

best brush ever. it's just perfection in a brush. Known as the "kitten paw" it really is the softest brush that I've own.
It's crazy expensive but SOOO worth it!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2014 10:29:00 PM More reviews by nightjm

Another Lisa Eldridge favourite and I had to have it. This brush really is a multi-purpose marvel - although I mainly use it for powder blush.

This cheek brush is truly amazing. All 16cm (6.3 in) of it. The brush is quite light but is comfortable in the hand. The hairs dense and are ever so slightly tapered (though this is more obvious when wet) and so it is perfect for a range of uses - precision powdering, contouring and both powder and cream blush application.

The brush picks up the right amount of product and when slightly touched to even the most pigmented powder (e.g. Burberry Light Glow blushes), deposits the perfect amount onto the cheeks.

I have had this brush for almost seven months now and it is still as amazing as they day I purchased it.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2013 2:30:00 PM More reviews by midnitedesire

I have been using this brush a year and a half now and I'm very happy with the results. It applies everything perfectly ,its fantastic for picking up just the right amount of pigment from your blush, especially for a highly pigmented product!

its made of grey squirrel hair with this brush you can feel the silky softness...sooo soft

I prefer to use this brush for blush/loose powder, but it can be used to contour and highlight as well

overall ,I'm so happy that I purchased this brush but its a GREAT brush at ridiculously expensive price tag and hard to find

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2013 10:32:00 AM More reviews by ammit1984

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Before I get onto the review of the actual brush I am going to write a bit about the brushes in general and the prices so bear with me. It's mainly aimed at people who are not sure whether to buy or not and it goes over my thought process before I bought them as well so I hope that it's helpful and doesn't drivel on (if it does then just scroll down to the dotty line where I review the actual brush).

These brushes are EXTREMELY expensive, and I mean, *really* expensive. They are made of squirrel hair (I think grey but you might have to check that), they are widely hyped and lusted after, partly for how hard they are to get hold of, party for how luxurious and exclusive they are (i don't think you can get better really) and partly for how soft they are (they really are amazingly soft) but also because they were brought to the attention of many thanks to Lisa Eldridge and her Youtube tutorials - some of Suqqu's brushes are among her favourites, she lists them on her website.
If there is one thing you need to know before you buy these or even think about buying them, it's that you definitely do not *need* them in order to apply makeup well. Other brushes will do the job (which you probably already know), please don't think that these brushes will give you some sort of miracle makeup application, they won't give you that but they really will make the most of your products by applying them smoothly and evenly and blending in the most incredible way.....that means cheap and expensive products!
These brushes are an investment for someone looking for brushes for life imho, I have loved makeup for about 10 years now and show no signs of stopping, my tastes have got progressively more expensive so for me I feel that these brushes were a worthy investment.

When I read reviews for these brushes I couldn't find a single negative one despite actively looking, all the bloggers and youtube reviews said how amazing they were and how soft they were (kitten paws!!), I had to have them!
So, if you're feeling like I was about these brushes then hopefully these thoughts will help you make up your mind.

I'm really trying to write a review with my own thoughts process I guess, I basically spent a whole bunch of my savings on these brushes, the price was eye watering (my eyes were closed when I clicked order)!! If you're not able to buy them from the UK then the price will border on insane (it's already insane). I cannot believe I spent the kind of money I did on brushes, do I regret it? Yes and no - yes because they're BRUSHES and I could have bought so many other things with the money, no because makeup is such a huge huge part of my life... would I do it again? I think so yes, I did try and plump for MAC first as an alternative, but it was quite clear to me that it was Suqqu that I wanted, I could have saved money buying MAC but would I really have loved them as much?? No. I already owned the real techniques brushes and they weren't really cutting it for me that well, I'd rather spend a ton on brushes I'd love than a little on ones that I'd just want to replace all the time.

I spent a long time exploring other options, I was interested in the NARS lineup of kabuki brushes, I read extensive reviews. I went all round the houses and eventually just came back to the fact that it was these, the Rolls Royce of brushes, that I really wanted.

What really influenced me was the incredibly positive reviews from just about everyone who had reviewed them, and they weren't just a bit yay, they were "these are the best things ever and you must have them". They are very very good makeup brushes but they're not enchanted magic wand which I kind of ended up believing when I bought them.

---------------------------------------------------

The cheek brush cost me £85. The thing that sticks out for me about this brush is how amazingly small it is, when I took it out of the box I thought they must have made a mistake, it is tiny for a blush brush at least compared to those that I have seen or used before.

Like all Suqqu brushes, it is soft beyond compare and was made famous as one of Lisa Eldridges favourite brushes which she called "the kitten paw brush". She is not wrong either!
The handle is made of sleek black plastic and the brush comes in a simple black box.

Would I ever use another blush brush again after buying this one? Only to see if it was as good... but I don't desire for any others. This brush is incredible. I am in love. Using my Real Techniques blush brush was "ok" but I often did not end up with the result that I wanted, i'm not that great at makeup to be perfectly honest.
Since I have had this it has opened up a world of colours to me, I no longer stick to the palest shades of blush, I can use something with clout and have it diffused onto my cheeks in the most perfect way ever.
This brush also contours as well...who knew I could contour!! :-D

I have heard this touted as the worlds best blush brush... I can see why. It is MY worlds best blush brush. I cannot wait to purchase intense colours now!

If you can afford it, and you want to invest, I highly recommend this brush. I honestly cannot say anything that the numerous bloggers and youtubers haven't already said. This is a lifetime investment, I can't see me ever buying another brush like this unless I lose it somehow (and if I did I would be absolutely gutted to the point of crying).
I don't think you can go wrong with suqqu as your choice of brush quite frankly, it's just so difficult to explain in a review without giving you the brush to try.
If I did give it to you then I don't think you would ever want another powder brush in your life again. It is THAT good. I often just rub it against my face because it's so soft and lovely.

The only negative about this product is the price, but its' so difficult to complain about when you have such a unique and wonderful product that will last you a lifetime.

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No