September 20, 2014 | 1200 users online

Liquid - Boots - No. 7 Lift and Luminate Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 9/4/2014 1:40:00 PM More reviews by apowerfulbeat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a great choice for a drugstore foundation if you're looking for a medium coverage foundation that still looks like your skin. I am oily/combo and only have to cover a bit of old acne scarring but it gives me just the right amount of glow without making me look overly-shiny or oily. I do set it with loose powder (as I do every foundation) and it lasts a good eight hours. To me, it really does look natural!

The packaging is great; it's very sturdy plastic with a pump. The formula is a bit on the thick side, almost like a mousse (but it's not a heavy consistency and doesn't feel heavy on your skin; it's lighter than say Rimmel Stay Matte) but it blends like a dream (I use my RT EFB). It does feel a bit tacky when you first apply it but once set with powder, the tackiness goes away. The best thing about this is that it doesn't clog my pores, and I am very clog-prone.

I don't know how much "lifting" it does, or if any of its other skincare claims hold up but I do not wear foundation to improve my skincare. That's what skincare is for. It definitely luminates!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/5/2014 1:16:00 AM More reviews by glo4rmcali

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

As with any foundation, you have to see if this works with what you want out of YOUR foundation preferences. It is definitely medium coverage, which is one of the reasons I bought it. I don't like cakey foundation that reveals unflattering fine lines especially in the under eye area. I do not recommend it if you have severe oily skin: this product is not for you. I have combination skin and in the summer I get an oily T - zone, but I use the Boots No. 7 "Beautifully Matte" foundation base on my problem areas before I apply this foundation. I bought it from Walgreens and they actually had a Boots respresentative there who assisted me in finding the perfect shade for me with a small machine they place on your cheek area that tells them what shade is best for you. I highly recommend to use this shade matching session, because a lot of times, the problem isn't actually your foundation, it's using the wrong foundation color. Once you are matched, this foundation looks like skin, it does not cake and it blends in very naturally. The packaging is a plus, comes with a dispenser pump! It has SPF 15 and has anti-aging ingredients to visibly make the skin appear luminous and "lifted." I highly recommend for those who want to still have a natural glow when wearing foundation. This product looks like your own skin, but better.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/8/2014 11:00:00 PM More reviews by clsmith6

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this foundation! I have combo skin that tends to be on the dry side and it is perfect for medium coverage. It works so well, but make sure you take some time to decide what shade you need because it does seem to look different in the bottle versus on my face. I wear mine daily with primer and concealer and blend it with a cosmetic sponge. Set with powder it stays about 6-8 hours. I have used it for about 6 months and continue to come back to it after trying other foundations!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2014 4:22:00 PM More reviews by luckylauram

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I am such a fan of this! The shade is a great match for my skin, and actually looks like skin. It works well over moisturizer, has a nice finish which isn't too shiny, and layers well. It's not an all-day foundation, but it doesn't do anything weird when it wears off. The pump is perfect and I haven't had any skin flare ups from this. I've been using it for about 7 months now and I think it will last me through the end of the year. Not too shabby for a drugstore foundation.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/6/2014 3:02:00 PM More reviews by ruthaida

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am always looking to try products and I loved the Boots concealer so I decided to try this product. It was about $14 at Target so a bit of a price difference from others but I had a gift card so it worked out. Overall, great package design with lots of product and easy to apply. I wanted a medium coverage and that is what it gives. I always struggle with color and I chose Cool Ivory for my light olive tone completion however this product goes on well, true to color but then darkens considerably. Go lighter if you want to try. The other issue is it appears to cake which never happens since I have combination skin and normally the issue is the opposite. It did not lift nor illuminate and did accentuate my lines. One reviewer said something about pores being more pronounced and I would agree. It did not create any acne for me and I will use in the summer as I get darker and see if I gets better. I like the idea of combining with something else so I will try that too. Overall, not great, would not repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/1/2014 4:04:00 AM More reviews by TracyNevins

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I also have to give this more of a chance. It goes on too heavy, and I should have ordered a lighter shade. I think I need to try to let this warm on my skin first,,,then use my brushes to apply..a little lighter, Maybe even use a little moisturizer to tone it down.I don't like make up that looks caked on...but well blended..almost like i'm wearing nothing on my face at all. Will give this more of a chance....but so far....not a huge fan...

rated 3 of 5 on 3/26/2014 8:37:00 PM More reviews by Older1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I had to try this Boots No. 7 foundation after reading the reviews, and I had high hopes for it. There are things I really liked about it:
- the way it feels on my skin
- easy to apply and blend, doesn't streak or dry overly fast
- lots of different shades, easy to find one that works
- the price, I got it for $11.99 at Target

Why isn't it my new go-to foundation? The coverage was not enough for my aging skin. I indulged in too much sun exposure and not enough sunscreen in my frivolous youth, so I have sun damage, still get the occasional pimple, and, of course, there are wrinkles/creases in my no-longer so elastic skin. In other words, a foundation has a lot to do for me to make some of this less noticeable. I also noticed that although my skin has gotten to be much drier, particularly during this current winter weather, Lift and Luminate did not last well during the day. So, I'll stick with my current foundation for now (Clinique Repairwear).

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2014 7:54:00 PM More reviews by Fundyfran

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am finishing up my second bottle of this wonderful foundation. Boots No. 7 Lift and Luminate Foundation. How do I love it? Let me count the ways...First, it comes in a pump dispenser. Much more sanitary than some foundations that you have to dispense into you hand, wasting and contaminating the bottle when the product is exposed to the air and bacteria. The color choices are beautiful. Rarely have I had a foundation match my skin so perfectly. I was a fan of Estee Lauder Doublewear Light for years, but I prefer this at half the price. When applied, the foundation has a silky feel, it wears well, but doesn't feel heavy or cakey. I'm able to get it at Target, instead of having to travel to the mall. It feels like a high end product, and a drugstore price.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2014 11:48:00 AM More reviews by KatWKSF

I don't ordinarily wear foundation, but I have been looking for one for several months because I'm getting married in spring. I normally just dot concealer (with an acne-controlling ingredient) on blemishes, redness, and on my usually shiny nose, and then dust with Neutrogena Skin Clearing powder. That's usually all it takes, and my skin looks great. But I was thinking for the wedding, with a long day ahead & photographs, that I probaby should consider something more. That, and the fact that this winter has actually been brutal on my ordinaily-oily skin, has caused me to look for something not as drying as my usual routine. This product sounded like the kind that would give me that bridal-skin glow with a little extra coverage, without making me look weird as someone who normally doesn't wear foundation. Unfortunately, I did not really like this. I still only use it in spots "as needed," and it offered me little to no coverage over even mild redness or shine. The quantity you get is HUGE for a very competitive price, but I think the product comes out of the pump entirely too fast! I just need the smallest little dab to blend in an area, and then another little dab for another area, and so on...this pump gives way too much no matter how careful I try to be. Apparently they think people are going to wear this in QUANTITY. Being that it didn't seem to cover or otherwise improve the overall look of my skin, WHY would i wear this in quantity? At least it did not break me out. I also was impressed with the color choices (I bought the cool ivory and it's a good match). But I will not repurchase and I definitely need to keep looking for a foundation.
**UPDATE**: I have not used this once since the week I bought it. I just never reach for it because I have so many other products that offer much better coverage and illumination. Dropping rating by one lippie.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/3/2014 4:37:00 PM More reviews by jrs0877

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Color I picked matched perfectly. Loved the color payoff and finish. Unfortunately, it broke out the whole left side of my cheek/jaw area. This is the only item that was different in my makeup routine. Its going back sadly.