October 25, 2014 | 1050 users online

Lips - Jordana - Jordana Twist & Shine Moisturizing Balm Stain

rated 4 of 5 on 10/9/2014 9:56:00 PM More reviews by BlueCatAnubis

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have 4 shades from this line Honey Love, Terra Crave, Candid Coral and Nude Chic. They each have their own pros and cons for me.

The first one I bought was Honey love and it's a gorgeous MLBB shade on me. It does not seem to be drying on my lips but I still like to apply a chap stick afterwords. It does stain my lips a more pinkish shade and I go for this product very often for everyday wear as well as for the weekends when I want a nude lip. It does not have sparkles in it. It smells strongly of candy, but I quite like it. Someone who does not like scents may not like it though. I use this shade more than the other three I have.

Terra crave is bearly darker than Honey Love and when I bought it I thought it would be more nude like, it looks just like Honey Love to me so Iwould not buy it if you already have Honey Love.

Candid Coral is a pretty peachy pink that I love. I don't recall the staying power but it does leave a nice stain after the gloss has dissapated. The packaging sucks though with these, my Candid Coral's cap broke in my purse and got all over my wallet and things. I still use it though capless. ;)

Nude chic is very glittery and gritty this is my least favorite one. It dries out my lips BIG TIME which I hate that feeling. It does not seem to leave a stain on me as it is a light shade.

In a nut shell:
Pros:
Honey Love, terra crave and Candid Coral are nice shades
Smells good
(These shades) leave stains behind
easy on the budget

Cons:
breakable caps
Nude chic is drying and too sparkly
These can be drying- they don't moisturize

rated 3 of 5 on 10/2/2014 3:17:00 PM More reviews by apowerfulbeat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have four of these--Honey Love, Cranberry Crush, Rock N Rouge, and Sweet Pink and I think they all wear differently. All of them are very pigmented but the wear time for Cranberry Crush was not as good as the wear time for the others. I also thought the stain was better for the Sweet Pink and Honey love shades, which is suprising given they're lighter shades. Cranberry Crush barely left any stain. The stain for Rock n Rouge was very faint as well, and I felt like this only looked good when first apply. It smeared and bled very easily.

Honey Love looked like a MLBB shade when applied but the stain was very bright, almost like a fuschia. Sweet Pink was very, very bright on my lips as well.

They all have a fake cherry smell/taste, like candy, which doesn't bother me so much. I like it better than the mintiness of the Revlon balm stains. Overall, I think the Revlon ones are very better products, so it may be worth it to spend the extra couple of dollars. If you're looking for a cheaper balm stain, the NYC ones are quite good, better than the Jordana ones.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2014 6:13:00 PM More reviews by kayben

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love the texture and wearability of this balm stain. I have it in Terra Crave, and it's a must-have color for warm skin. It's a rosy-red that looks like healthy, pigmented lips. And even though it has a tendency to turn pinkish as it fades (several hours later), it's not the garish fuchsia of most stain products. I've been reaching for this every day. It goes with everything in a polished, understated way. Not drying on my lips, though it is summer. Will re-evaluate come wintertime.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2014 3:22:00 AM More reviews by lushlife505

I bought this in nude chic and really disliked it. I was almost a frosty shade. IDK I thought it was not a flattering color for anyone. The wear was ok. It was not so much of a stain that it left on my skin but more like it was stuck if that makes sense. Like the long wearing lipsticks that use two steps to lock it in. It stayed on my lips about half the day and not in a flattering manner. It was patchy and uneven and left a horrid shimmery glitter to my lips which I really disliked
I might try terra crave and give it another shot but so far not impressed nor does it compare to my relvon.

Edit: Tried Terra crave it is ok.. I prefer the new wet n wild balm sticks to these.
It is a nice neutral spice/brown-reddish brown? tone. It is nice shade. It does have a very slight shimmer but nothing as bad as the nude chic. It does leave a nice stain to my lips and looks nice. I wouldn't repurchase these and I would not be sad if they stopped making it.
I wore for about 8 hours as well as swiped on my arm and both left a nice stain that lasted.
Even after washing my face there was still a light tint which I liked.
The smell is lightly sweet fruity type scent (very fake) which I am not at all fond of.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2014 2:43:00 PM More reviews by heathermrm

I LOVE these!! I seem to be on a roll w/ lip products recently. :)

If you have read any of my other reviews, you may be aware I only wear items that are long lasting and/or waterproof. I have no interest in primping (or worrying about primping) throughout the day - I want what I put on my face at 6:00 am to be there when I come home at night (6:00 pm). Also, I tend to stay away from HE items, preferring to find ds dupes or similar, being kinder to my pocketbook.

I was intrigued w/ this concept of balm stains, so I initially purchased Revlon ColorBurst Balm Stain (the moisture one not the matte one) and loved the feel upon application (smooth, moisturizing and w/ a staining color). I was going to purchase more when I came across reviews here on MUA for cheaper version in Jordana. So.....off to Walgreens I trotted. Long story short, I now own 4 of these: 02 Sweet Pink (very Barbie shade); 01 Nude Chic (nude w/ sparkles, so I use to tone down the Sweet Pink as on its own, it washes my lips out too much); 05 Honey Love (pretty plummy/pinky color and one of my favorites for summer and weekends); 06 Cranberry Crush (plummy/wine = perfect for fall/winter or nites out and my 2nd favorite.

The stain lasts on me from after breakfast to lunch, so I only have to re-apply after lunch and after dinner if going out. Love the moisturizing it does for my lips and the fact its crayon style and so easy to apply, no mirror needed = great for on the go.

These are a staple in my MU routine and I anticipate they will continue to be :)

rated 1 of 5 on 7/26/2014 9:09:00 PM More reviews by sugarnails

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I wanted to love these, but sadly I didn't have a good experience.

The shades I purchased were Nude Chic, Sweet Pink, and Tropical Frenzy. While Sweet Pink and Tropical Frenzy don't look the same in the tube, they were indistinguishable on my lips. Nude Chic looked a bit shimmery in the tube, which was fine, but unfortunately it is a very textured shimmer. It doesn't appear glittery on the lips, but it feels uncomfortably gritty.

Despite having "Moisturizing" in the name, they didn't moisturize my lips at all. They didn't dry them out, either. They did, however, wear off unevenly within two hours.

In addition, the cap of one came off while it was in my purse. Be careful if you plan on taking them with you!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/16/2014 11:51:00 AM More reviews by Alliecat333

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have had these for awhile now. I have perchased nude chic, honey love, and cranberry crush. Immidiatly returned nude chic. This color is an epic fail on my medium skin. It made my lips look silver/ grey with silvery sparkle. Not flattering one bit. Cranberry crush on the other hand, I love. Great fall color. I just swapped out nude chic for a second cranberry crush. Good choice. Honey love is a mlbb shade it only adds slightly more pinky/ purple to my lips. Ok everyday color... Oh no, but wait, it creeps into a really pink/ magenta stain !??? Confused, hmm I guess it's ok it doesn't look bad but I wanted a " honey love" type if color. The winner in this bunch for myself is definatly cranberry crush. Didn't change color and a low maintanance, everyday, I need a little bit if color kind if shade. Doesn't really add any noticable moisture, but it is comfortable on the lips. I reapply around the 2-3 hr marks just to freshen it up a bit. I don't know how the others perform, but I don't really want to find out. But I would reperchase cranberry crush if I ran out of the two I already own

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2014 2:36:00 AM More reviews by kissjacksparrow

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I picked this up in 03 Tropical Frenzy. It looks like such a pretty bright pink for summer. It goes on glossy, by I don't feel its all the moisturizing. I stil need a lip balm and it also accentuates any rough or dry spots on my lips. It looks good u pon application, but as it wears it changes color/texture and it wears off unevenly and leaves thw lips looks patchy. It only lookgood when freshly applied; so I'd say it fails on both claims. It's not moisturising or long lasting. At least not in a flattering way...it really too bad, I realy thought I'd love itans it looks so pretty when I find apply it...

rated 4 of 5 on 6/15/2014 3:11:00 PM More reviews by Cinderelletta

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I have this in terra crave & nude chic, and I like the former but not the latter. Nude chic would be good if it weren't for the huge chunks of glitter. It's so bad that it almost feels like you're using a lip scrub instead of a balm. And really, it's sad because the color is beautiful and could be a good MLBB shade. Since I only have two of these shades, I don't know how many others in the line are like this, but if they're not, I think this is a good, more affordable alternative to Revlon's balm stains.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/15/2014 4:47:00 AM More reviews by allbeautyincluded

a very good balm with color. they have a little shimmer