July 28, 2014 | 2116 users online

Lips - Jordana - Jordana Twist & Shine Moisturizing Balm Stain

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 on 7/26/2014 9:09:00 PM More reviews by sugarnails

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I wanted to love these, but sadly I didn't have a good experience.

The shades I purchased were Nude Chic, Sweet Pink, and Tropical Frenzy. While Sweet Pink and Tropical Frenzy don't look the same in the tube, they were indistinguishable on my lips. Nude Chic looked a bit shimmery in the tube, which was fine, but unfortunately it is a very textured shimmer. It doesn't appear glittery on the lips, but it feels uncomfortably gritty.

Despite having "Moisturizing" in the name, they didn't moisturize my lips at all. They didn't dry them out, either. They did, however, wear off unevenly within two hours.

In addition, the cap of one came off while it was in my purse. Be careful if you plan on taking them with you!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/16/2014 11:51:00 AM More reviews by Alliecat333

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have had these for awhile now. I have perchased nude chic, honey love, and cranberry crush. Immidiatly returned nude chic. This color is an epic fail on my medium skin. It made my lips look silver/ grey with silvery sparkle. Not flattering one bit. Cranberry crush on the other hand, I love. Great fall color. I just swapped out nude chic for a second cranberry crush. Good choice. Honey love is a mlbb shade it only adds slightly more pinky/ purple to my lips. Ok everyday color... Oh no, but wait, it creeps into a really pink/ magenta stain !??? Confused, hmm I guess it's ok it doesn't look bad but I wanted a " honey love" type if color. The winner in this bunch for myself is definatly cranberry crush. Didn't change color and a low maintanance, everyday, I need a little bit if color kind if shade. Doesn't really add any noticable moisture, but it is comfortable on the lips. I reapply around the 2-3 hr marks just to freshen it up a bit. I don't know how the others perform, but I don't really want to find out. But I would reperchase cranberry crush if I ran out of the two I already own

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2014 2:36:00 AM More reviews by kissjacksparrow

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I picked this up in 03 Tropical Frenzy. It looks like such a pretty bright pink for summer. It goes on glossy, by I don't feel its all the moisturizing. I stil need a lip balm and it also accentuates any rough or dry spots on my lips. It looks good u pon application, but as it wears it changes color/texture and it wears off unevenly and leaves thw lips looks patchy. It only lookgood when freshly applied; so I'd say it fails on both claims. It's not moisturising or long lasting. At least not in a flattering way...it really too bad, I realy thought I'd love itans it looks so pretty when I find apply it...

rated 4 of 5 on 6/15/2014 3:11:00 PM More reviews by Cinderelletta

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I have this in terra crave & nude chic, and I like the former but not the latter. Nude chic would be good if it weren't for the huge chunks of glitter. It's so bad that it almost feels like you're using a lip scrub instead of a balm. And really, it's sad because the color is beautiful and could be a good MLBB shade. Since I only have two of these shades, I don't know how many others in the line are like this, but if they're not, I think this is a good, more affordable alternative to Revlon's balm stains.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/15/2014 4:47:00 AM More reviews by allbeautyincluded

a very good balm with color. they have a little shimmer

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2014 9:15:00 PM More reviews by Gaijin

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this is Honey Love, Nude Chic and Terra Crave. All colors look great when going on, but noticed that they turn bright fuschia or orange on me. I like the texture and feel when they glide on, but did not like the silver glitter that was in the Nude Chic. If they stayed true to color I would repurchase, but will pass because I don't like the stain colors that are left on my lips.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/31/2014 8:28:00 PM More reviews by mellyru

It seems that Art4Cara and I are the only ones that seem to have run into the same problem with these balm stains (which I seem to experience with all balm stains), which is that after about twenty minutes, the color turns about three shades darker or red-tinted. The color 'candied coral' turned into a bright red-orange, 'terra crave' and 'honey love' both turned into brown/berry reds. The only color that doesn't change is 'rock n' rouge'. I'm wondering if maybe my lips carry a different body chemical that causes all these balm stains to turn colors, like a mood ring type deal?

EIther way, I personally like how the colors and texture apply initially- the formula does get dry after a while and for me the stain was uneven and left a ring around my lips every time =( So while these are definitely not bad at all for the price, because of the reaction that my lips have to them, I will not be repurchasing.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/30/2014 12:03:00 PM More reviews by herbgurl82

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this in Honey Love, and Nude Chic. I thought that they would be both MLBB types of colors on me, and they were, for about five minutes. Honey Love morphed into a bright hot pink color, similar to what happened with Revlon's Honey balm stain. I guess my body chemistry doesn't work well with these pencils... Nude Chic was okay. It would have been a perfect nude lip with the exception that it is full of very chunky glitter. It doesn't feel gritty though, my lips just look spackled in sparkle... I might try this again in other colors. I have to travel a few hours to get to a KMart where these are sold, so probably not...

rated 4 of 5 on 5/25/2014 3:17:00 PM More reviews by WorthlessWonder

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

I have Candied Coral and Honey Love. I had to order them from Ebay because they're only available in stores in North America.

Honey Love is a beautiful natural/dark nude colour. I love it. It evens out my lip tone yet the changes are not drastic at all. I wear this as an everyday product, the colour is work appropiate and inoffensive. People might not even notice you're wearing make up.

Candied Coral is a very pigmented pink/ slightly orange colour. It's a big contrast with the rest of my face. This is definitely noticeable and suited more for evening or club wear. I personally find it a bit too much for everyday wear.

Overall, I really like the Jordana balm stains. They do what they promise. These moisturise very well compared to other balm stains. The Revlon Just Bitten stains for example really left my lips dry and chapped. This is not a problem with the Jordana stains. The pgimentation of the Jordana stains is really good. The texture is nice, and I find that the product last quite long, also because you don't constantly have to reapply. The colour will easily last me 8+ hours.

I do have one minor problem with the stains though. They tend to fade easier in the middle part of the lips. After a few hours of wearing, and especially if you've been eating or drinking, there will only be a coloured outline on your lips. Like you used a lip pencil and forgot to colour your lips in with actual lipstick. I don't mind this that much because reapplying solves it easily.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2014 10:11:00 AM More reviews by anastacy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have always been curious about these chubby lip pencil/stains. I was considering getting one from Clinique based on a recommendation from a work colleague. I saw Jordana launched this recently as saw it on a shopping trip.

I bought the shade "Honey Love" because I usually use or gravitate towards rosy/mauve tones on a daily basis. Let me say, I love this.

The colour is saturated but the consistency of the balm is light. Given the coverage, you may expect the formula to be heavy, but this is not the case. It applies smoothly and evenly like a balm but with the coverage of a lipstick. The formula reminds me of the Revlon lip buttters but the Jordana is much lighter.

I also appreciate Jordana's ability to create a stain in the form of a balm with some gloss too. When you think stain, you automatically think of dry lips. This is not the case. It's moisturising upon application and my lips remain hydrated for about 3-4 hours or until I eat /drink something. But the colour does adhere to the lips after eating/drinking or when the balm/gloss wears off. And even then, my lips are not very dry. The stain does not feather, dry out the lips or reveal cracks or dry skin (if you didn't ex foliate your lips).

I love how it twists up too. The point remains for quite some time so there is great precision during application.

I think this a remarkable product from Jordana which is my new HG and I have set aside my former HG, UD saturated lip pencil in Naked.