April 21, 2014 | 1493 users online

Foundations - Stila - CC Color Correcting Cream SPF 20

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2014 6:31:00 PM More reviews by natX

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is hands-down the BEST foundation I have ever owned. It looks like I am not wearing anything, but all of my flaws are hidden. I use it with the primer and the powder. Life-changing!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2014 3:35:00 AM More reviews by cjap

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

I really feel great about this product. I've had it for about a month and really enjoyed it. Firstly I have very sensitive skin, eczema flare up occasionally and quite dry. I have it in warm 05 and it blends in so great. after i apply some moisturizer i only need about a pea size and i feel fully covered! its gives me a slight dew finish which helps my dry skin and lasts all day plus my skin doesn't get irritated by SPF 20. Its been great during the winter.

Downside-I wish the packaging was different. Preferably a pump so i wont have to fight for the last bit of product, and its soooo expensive. thankfully the money's been worth it.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/30/2014 10:05:00 PM More reviews by emmiebuns

I've only tried two of Dr. Jart's BB Creams prior to Stila CC and I prefer Dr. Jart's Black Label Detox over all three. I found Stila CC too sheer for my purposes, since I only BB/CC cream and no foundation/concealer. I prefer the pump on Dr. Jart's to the regular twist opening on Stila's, especially because I'm almost done with the Stila and it's harder to get the product out. The product was moisturizing though, without making my skin appear oily or patchy in pictures. It is also more liquid than Dr. Jart's so it applies easier. I probably won't try this exact product again, but I'd be open to other CC creams by Stila in the future.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2014 2:11:00 PM More reviews by doremifasolatido

Holy cow. I never believed I would find an HG foundation or concealer for every day in every situation, but guys, I'm in love. I am super, incredibly nitpicky about my foundation being exactly my shade, not too sheer, super natural-looking, and non-drying- and this is incredible. The first upside I discovered was the color. It matches almost perfectly and neutralizes all of my sensitive discolored spots in my t-zone, minimizes the T-rex size pores on my nose, creates a naturally glowy (not too dewy) base which looks exactly like my skin but better! I was skeptical at first as to whether it was really worth the $44, but I received a sample at Sephora AND IT LASTED ME TWO WEEKS even after applying it every day. Almost too good to be true? I think yes. The only downsides to this are that it can tend to be a little messy and comes on too sheer for me when I apply it with my fingers. I use my e.l.f. foundation brush to apply medium coverage. The biggest reason I love this is probably because it neutralizes redness and makes my dry, crumbly, dehydrated skin so much more moisturized, smooth, and healthy-looking. I recommend this for people with dull, dry, or combo skin with redness issues (just o.k. for covering blemishes, better for discoloration). It is my basic, everyday foundation and I can even live without my precious moisturizer now 24/7. This is one magical one-step product. I'll see you guys later, I'm too busy swooning.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/11/2014 11:05:00 PM More reviews by julalg

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really like this for the winter months. With moisturizer underneath, it does not make my skin feel itchy or dry but is still light. The coverage is good, and buildable, so if I need more it can be added. The color also matches me really well, 02 works perfectly. This is probably best for normal skin, as I can see that it could be too dewy for oily skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/20/2013 11:03:00 AM More reviews by NIKKINIKKI10

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I purchased this recently and I think I am on the fence about this product. I think its a bit expensive and feel that I have to use a lot to get the coverage I need. I have oily skin but little to no blemishes. It does give a more natural look but I find that within hours it looks like you arent wearing anything. I dont think I would buy it again, although its not a bad product. I just feel that I can get something that works better for a more affordable price. There are lots of benefits to using this tho, like I dont have to put on moisturizer before I put it on, it fades blemish marks, etc.. I purchased it to try something new but I am going to go back to what I liked best which was smashbox tinted moisturizer.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/17/2013 12:42:00 AM More reviews by tvpn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My skin: extremely dry especially on the cheeks in the winter. I'm low maintenance (i.e. lazy) and wore this alone (no powder/foundation/etc. over or under.)

Pros:
- looks natural
- seemed to even out my complexion and toned down my red cheeks
- did not turn me orange even with the medium color (I'm fair...can be problematic sometimes)
- easy to apply: goes straight on with fingers

Cons:
- STUNG my face on application, though only seemed to last for about 30 seconds. Did not break me out in the 3 days I used it but it was a very unpleasant feeling. Not sure what is the irritating agent.
- heavily fragranced
- transfers easily: rubbed right off around my mouth when I went to wipe my lips
- highlighted my dry patches; kind of odd since overall it feels fairly moisturizing

Glad I got to try it as a sample, especially since I'm not sure I would have tried it on my own, but I will not be purchasing given the cons. Seems like a promising product. Unfortunately, it just doesn't work for me.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2013 5:30:00 PM More reviews by candystripelegs

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

i wish there was a "maybe" option. On the fence but for the price, i think i can find something better for my particluar skin needs.

i have the Stila CC Cream in Light which comes out a light green shade and then blends in with your skin. it's got a natural finish IMO, not dewy or shiny but not matte. if you are looking for oil control, this isn't your gal. It's liquidy (not nearly as bad as the Garnier stuff, what a mess!), not really a cream iMHO, but it feels creamy on the skin. Dries fairly quickly, not sticky or tacky.

Feels natural, doesn't seep into pores/fine lines and blends well, unlike a lot of BB/CC creams that seems to ball up b/c of the sunscreen ingredients. LOVE the fact that they didn't use avobenzone, most companies are now and my skin doesn't tolerate it well.

Covers redness without looking like you added color to your face. i prefer a simple day look (sunscreen or BB cream and then powder foundation) and would have loved to make this my go to product. Unfortunately, I have oily skin in the tzone. This turned into a greasy mess after about 3 hours. Tried it with and without powder and results were pretty much the same.

This is scented, which is a shame because I would actually be tempted to recommend this to people that might have normal/dry senstive skin or slight rosacea. if scent doesn't bother you, then this might be a really good option! it is very nice but doesn't work with my oil issues. This could have been an HG for me if they made a matte version without avobenzone. Will continue my search...

rated 3 of 5 on 12/4/2013 8:50:00 PM More reviews by Cath12

This has a beautiful natural looking finish, but unfortunately is too dewy for my liking. It transferred very easily. On the plus side, it doesn't settle into lines and blends easily.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/1/2013 8:31:00 PM More reviews by mmmaggie

I received a sample size of the Stila CC Cream from Sephora in Light. Personally I find Stila to be really hit or miss. This CC cream is definitely a surprising hit! I used the sample for a couple of weeks instead of a primer.

PROS: The color correcting aspect is no joke. The CC cream comes out green but warms to a yellow based, skin tone color as it is rubbed into the skin. I have yellow tones in my skin and bad acne. The CC cream diminishes the look of red from my acne and warms up my skin tone. Once I add my foundation (I used the Sephora Naked foundation) my skin was 100% healthier and more natural looking.

CONS: The yellow tone the CC cream works up to will not work for everyone. There is a strong floralish fragrance? I don't like it...