October 24, 2014 | 1798 users online

Foundations - Stila - CC Color Correcting Cream SPF 20

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2014 4:35:00 AM More reviews by gin84

I agree with NatX - this product is amazing! I have quite obvious redness on my nose thanks to broken capillaries, and elsewhere uneven skin tone. This product instantly corrects the redness and unevenness. I use with the One Step Correct

rated 4 of 5 on 7/19/2014 12:09:00 PM More reviews by OhMissJessie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I know it seems like I'm being harsh here. I gave it 3/5 lipsticks for both price and packaging- but stay with me. I LOVE this CC cream. I have fair, almost translucent skin in the winter (aside from my freckles) and this provides me with beautiful, glowy skin for the everyday.

The product comes out of the tube a green-blue colour; as it warms up and is exposed to the air it starts to turn to its correct shade. This is actually fantastic, because
a) you don't get foul product build-up on the tube the way you do with some other creams
b) you can see the colour correcting happening right before your very eyes.

When I first tried it, I had a little freak out because it looked shiny as all gosh on my skin. After about 30 seconds to a minute though, the shine goes away as it dries, leaving your skin glowy (and lusciously moisturised!) but not oily. It's oil-free, too!

To apply, I use a foundation brush. I use this product with the Stila powder for a little extra staying power.

THIS PRODUCT IS FOR YOU IF:
- You are looking for something to wear everyday
- You want a colour-correcting skin perfector
- You want sheer, natural-looking coverage
- You are happy using a brush to apply (as opposed to your fingers).
- You are young or old (my Mum and I both use this, just in different shades!)

THIS PRODUCT IS NOT FOR YOU IF:
- You want medium to full coverage
- You don't want to spend a lot of money on a product

I use the shade "fair".

I hope this helps. x

rated 4 of 5 on 7/16/2014 3:07:00 PM More reviews by reeree55

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I find the Stila CC cream to be a great base for concealer and any additional makeup. With combination skin, it's been hard to find a cream that balances my skin out while giving me good coverage. With that said, I don't like heavy coverage with my CC creams so if you're looking for a one stop shop (i.e. eliminating the use of concealer), this cream will not do that. The colour correcting properties work well really well, so if you're concerned about red toned blemishes, the cream definitely delivers there.

I like the packaging - an easy to use squeeze tube. I don't find myself needing a lot of the product when I wear it. You get a good value for your dollar, but I still find the product to be pretty pricey. However, if you're looking for a higher end cream and don't mind spending a little more, I do suggest trying this out.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/3/2014 9:16:00 PM More reviews by Mozart68

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I thought I would love it... but I do not. I have searched high and low for a light-coverage BB or CC cream, and I thought this was the best one. However, after about an hour I started to look oily. Now, I am prone to getting an oily t-zone in the summer, but this looked horrible. The light-weight coverage turned into no-coverage with lots of oil. I will be returning ASAP.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2014 9:27:00 PM More reviews by 2cute4freckles

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Why I love this: Before this I was a devoted bare minerals user (for years and years...and years) I got a sample of this and was converted. Since then I've been through 3 full sized bottles/tubes of this CC cream so I feel safe in saying that this is my new favorite everyday go to. It evens out my redness which is my primary issue. It also has a nice mineral ie: zinc and titanium dioxide based sunscreen which is important to me since I like to layer it over a chemical sunscreen lotion for even better sun protection. I also like that is has little to no frangrance ! I'm sorry when any thing I'm putting on my face has a strong smell that's a deal breaker. I'm only in my early thirties so I can't really say anything one way or another about it's proported anti-aging properties.
Use: I use the fair, which comes out of the tube a blue-ish green color. The more you rub it in the more it turns a lovely Peachy natural skin color (but not oarnge), so don't be intimidated by the strange color coming out of the tube. Since it is the rubbing/blending that makes it less green/blue I've learned to use a lighter touch over my check area which is the real epicenter of my redness issues. For what it's worth this has a sort of nice dewey finish, which girls with oiler skin might not care for. I have SUPER dry skin so the touch of dewey is sooo welcome and I can just set it with the lightest touch of Make-up forever HD powder and look fresh and red face free.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2014 6:31:00 PM More reviews by natX

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is hands-down the BEST foundation I have ever owned. It looks like I am not wearing anything, but all of my flaws are hidden. I use it with the primer and the powder. Life-changing!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2014 3:35:00 AM More reviews by cjap

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

I really feel great about this product. I've had it for about a month and really enjoyed it. Firstly I have very sensitive skin, eczema flare up occasionally and quite dry. I have it in warm 05 and it blends in so great. after i apply some moisturizer i only need about a pea size and i feel fully covered! its gives me a slight dew finish which helps my dry skin and lasts all day plus my skin doesn't get irritated by SPF 20. Its been great during the winter.

Downside-I wish the packaging was different. Preferably a pump so i wont have to fight for the last bit of product, and its soooo expensive. thankfully the money's been worth it.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/30/2014 10:05:00 PM More reviews by emmiebuns

I've only tried two of Dr. Jart's BB Creams prior to Stila CC and I prefer Dr. Jart's Black Label Detox over all three. I found Stila CC too sheer for my purposes, since I only BB/CC cream and no foundation/concealer. I prefer the pump on Dr. Jart's to the regular twist opening on Stila's, especially because I'm almost done with the Stila and it's harder to get the product out. The product was moisturizing though, without making my skin appear oily or patchy in pictures. It is also more liquid than Dr. Jart's so it applies easier. I probably won't try this exact product again, but I'd be open to other CC creams by Stila in the future.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2014 2:11:00 PM More reviews by doremifasolatido

Holy cow. I never believed I would find an HG foundation or concealer for every day in every situation, but guys, I'm in love. I am super, incredibly nitpicky about my foundation being exactly my shade, not too sheer, super natural-looking, and non-drying- and this is incredible. The first upside I discovered was the color. It matches almost perfectly and neutralizes all of my sensitive discolored spots in my t-zone, minimizes the T-rex size pores on my nose, creates a naturally glowy (not too dewy) base which looks exactly like my skin but better! I was skeptical at first as to whether it was really worth the $44, but I received a sample at Sephora AND IT LASTED ME TWO WEEKS even after applying it every day. Almost too good to be true? I think yes. The only downsides to this are that it can tend to be a little messy and comes on too sheer for me when I apply it with my fingers. I use my e.l.f. foundation brush to apply medium coverage. The biggest reason I love this is probably because it neutralizes redness and makes my dry, crumbly, dehydrated skin so much more moisturized, smooth, and healthy-looking. I recommend this for people with dull, dry, or combo skin with redness issues (just o.k. for covering blemishes, better for discoloration). It is my basic, everyday foundation and I can even live without my precious moisturizer now 24/7. This is one magical one-step product. I'll see you guys later, I'm too busy swooning.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2014 11:05:00 PM More reviews by julalg

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really like this for the winter months. With moisturizer underneath, it does not make my skin feel itchy or dry but is still light. The coverage is good, and buildable, so if I need more it can be added. The color also matches me really well, 02 works perfectly. This is probably best for normal skin, as I can see that it could be too dewy for oily skin.