Stila CC Color Correcting Cream SPF 20

3.8

I've tried and failed a few times with Stila. First the BB cream, which I found left a "white cast" on my skin when I had some color from the sun. I wasn't convinced the bluish green shade of this turning to a natural skin tone was going to work, simply because the limited selection won't match all skin tones however it does provide a small amount of correction to redness. So why don't I like this product...?

#1 - Smell. It is awful.
#2 - Tone. Limited selection
#3 - Coverage. Not enough to make that much of a difference
#4 - Price. Seriously??

Finally, I think this might be an okay product for someone with normal to dry skin type but definitely not for combination to oily skin. This will leave you looking like a hot mess in no time at all.

I went looking for this to rate it and was surprised anybody had anything negative to say! I love this. It's a very light cream that is turquoise out of the tube but immediately turns to flesh color as it disguises redness. I am pretty proud of my skin for my age so don't want heavy coverage, just a little help (and sunscreen!) every day. This does the trick- it doesn't hide my freckles, just evens out my overall color. It's all I wear most days. It can be built up a bit for problem areas if necessary. Never a 'mask' look, and it moisturizes for hours. Yes, it's a bit more money, BUT ital. does a bit more! I wear the color 'tone 3' on my fair-to-medium skin, it blends in effortlessly, plus I kind of like watching he color change and disappear! I hope this encourages you to try this product, I absolutely love it.

Didn't work for me. Wanted to like it, but it definitely made my face more pasty as opposed to nicely correcting the red areas of my face. Gave an unnatural finish despite trying to blend in well. Has a relatively strong SPF scent. My main problem was that it did not correct coloring. I got the light color; anything darker would not have looked right on my skin tone either. Would not recommend.

Packaging - Okay

Price - Expensive, though relatively the same as other CC, BB creams you will find at high-end retailers. For its price, it just didn't do its work.

So expensive! Makes me sad, because this is the best CC cream ever. Dewy and natural, corrects amazingly, buildable coverage. Just looks like my skin but waaaaay better. So many compliments on this one. Too bad it's too extensive for daily use, because I feel like a million bucks when I have this on. All the red bits and veins are gone! And it never looks flaky or fake. Stays moist and feels great on.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Jealous this didn't work for me because I wasted money.

I did like the light and dewy coverage, but it has very little staying power. Even on my dry skin, I've found that my skin begins to look greasy after one to two hours. I literally had someone say to me (which is unprecedented) that my skin looked "shiny."

I'd be willing to experiment to find a primer or method for this to work for me, but alas every time I've worn this I've erupted in massive cysts on my chin. Granted that's the location on my face where I'm prone to acne and hormonal cysts, but it's not worth wearing it. Those cysts take a week or more to heal!

Lastly, the bottle I purchased was only half full. I don't know why the packaging is like that, or if I simply purchased a product that had been used and re-shelved from Ulta, but I couldn't even return it because I was afraid they were going to accuse me of transferring the product to another container and returning.

I agree with NatX - this product is amazing! I have quite obvious redness on my nose thanks to broken capillaries, and elsewhere uneven skin tone. This product instantly corrects the redness and unevenness. I use with the One Step Correct

I know it seems like I'm being harsh here. I gave it 3/5 lipsticks for both price and packaging- but stay with me. I LOVE this CC cream. I have fair, almost translucent skin in the winter (aside from my freckles) and this provides me with beautiful, glowy skin for the everyday.

The product comes out of the tube a green-blue colour; as it warms up and is exposed to the air it starts to turn to its correct shade. This is actually fantastic, because
a) you don't get foul product build-up on the tube the way you do with some other creams
b) you can see the colour correcting happening right before your very eyes.

When I first tried it, I had a little freak out because it looked shiny as all gosh on my skin. After about 30 seconds to a minute though, the shine goes away as it dries, leaving your skin glowy (and lusciously moisturised!) but not oily. It's oil-free, too!

To apply, I use a foundation brush. I use this product with the Stila powder for a little extra staying power.

THIS PRODUCT IS FOR YOU IF:
- You are looking for something to wear everyday
- You want a colour-correcting skin perfector
- You want sheer, natural-looking coverage
- You are happy using a brush to apply (as opposed to your fingers).
- You are young or old (my Mum and I both use this, just in different shades!)

THIS PRODUCT IS NOT FOR YOU IF:
- You want medium to full coverage
- You don't want to spend a lot of money on a product

I use the shade "fair".

I hope this helps. x

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I find the Stila CC cream to be a great base for concealer and any additional makeup. With combination skin, it's been hard to find a cream that balances my skin out while giving me good coverage. With that said, I don't like heavy coverage with my CC creams so if you're looking for a one stop shop (i.e. eliminating the use of concealer), this cream will not do that. The colour correcting properties work well really well, so if you're concerned about red toned blemishes, the cream definitely delivers there.

I like the packaging - an easy to use squeeze tube. I don't find myself needing a lot of the product when I wear it. You get a good value for your dollar, but I still find the product to be pretty pricey. However, if you're looking for a higher end cream and don't mind spending a little more, I do suggest trying this out.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

I thought I would love it... but I do not. I have searched high and low for a light-coverage BB or CC cream, and I thought this was the best one. However, after about an hour I started to look oily. Now, I am prone to getting an oily t-zone in the summer, but this looked horrible. The light-weight coverage turned into no-coverage with lots of oil. I will be returning ASAP.

Why I love this: Before this I was a devoted bare minerals user (for years and years...and years) I got a sample of this and was converted. Since then I've been through 3 full sized bottles/tubes of this CC cream so I feel safe in saying that this is my new favorite everyday go to. It evens out my redness which is my primary issue. It also has a nice mineral ie: zinc and titanium dioxide based sunscreen which is important to me since I like to layer it over a chemical sunscreen lotion for even better sun protection. I also like that is has little to no frangrance ! I'm sorry when any thing I'm putting on my face has a strong smell that's a deal breaker. I'm only in my early thirties so I can't really say anything one way or another about it's proported anti-aging properties.
Use: I use the fair, which comes out of the tube a blue-ish green color. The more you rub it in the more it turns a lovely Peachy natural skin color (but not oarnge), so don't be intimidated by the strange color coming out of the tube. Since it is the rubbing/blending that makes it less green/blue I've learned to use a lighter touch over my check area which is the real epicenter of my redness issues. For what it's worth this has a sort of nice dewey finish, which girls with oiler skin might not care for. I have SUPER dry skin so the touch of dewey is sooo welcome and I can just set it with the lightest touch of Make-up forever HD powder and look fresh and red face free.