October 25, 2014 | 1776 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Viva Glam II

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2014 8:24:00 AM More reviews by 1017

VGII surprised me. I assumed it would be awful and when I tried it on in store, I thought "yup, it's awful". But I kept it on since I was just going back to the car. Once in the parking lot I saw this in daylight and...it wasn't that awful. I was seeing the nude beige with slight mauve tone people mentioned. While in store it just looked like a taupe on my lip. I am Nw20, deep soft winter, almost black hair, brown eyes, mauvey/rosey lips.

No, I am not ready to go out and buy this. But if someone gave it to me as a gift I would give it a whirl (or if it were less expensive) & keep it. Everyone has described the color very well, it is a brown, beige, gray, mauve toned (taupe with mauve undertone)...coming off very 90's. it is neutral enough (with/out noticeable shimmer or frost) to be made modern, but for all of us that were there in 90's...there is no way an episode of "Friends" won't flow through your head once you put it on. I would like to have this in my collection to play with, but I don't think I would actually wear this enough to go out and buy it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2014 11:35:00 PM More reviews by CrystalChanelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My absolute favorite lipstick from MAC!!! Pair this with MAC's 'Beurre' liner; thank me later ;)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2014 6:03:00 PM More reviews by MsCadle

This is my absolute fav lip color. It's very natural and pretty. I love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2014 4:08:00 AM More reviews by yaya49

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

One of my favorite lippys! I'm almost done with it and would definetly repurchase. It's the perfect mauve nude color. A little lighter than Velvet teddy. I think this would go great with most skin tones. I really recommend picking this up.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/25/2014 8:50:00 PM More reviews by hottahitilover

edit: I returned all three of these that I had this lipstick is truly ugly it looks grey and sort of like blankety but blankety is nicer I will finish the tube I have now its used but after that I won't repurchase I don't like MAC nudes so far ive tried some but for now ill stick with wet n wild bare it all for a nude it's an exact dupe for honeylove and cherish I compared because I have honeylove and my daughter has cherish.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/29/2014 9:54:00 AM More reviews by chipmunkxpantoufle

On the fence right now if I would buy this again. I have very pigmented lips, and wear my eyes dark, this helps balance all the colors out and softens my features. My only gripe is it doesn't work perfectly with my coloring! I have to dab a peach or pink gloss over it to warm it up. However this creates the perfect nude lip for me! It's the matte-er and more grey version of my HG MAC creamsheen Modesty.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2014 7:45:00 AM More reviews by hishoney

OH MY GOODNESS!!!!

Honestly, this is a blind buy. I've been searching for a Mac nude for the past few months on the internet, as the "nearest" Mac store from my home is not so near. So I just lust for Mac swatches online, researching very hard for swatches on different skintones because I don't even know what my undertone is. So naturally, nudes are very hard for me to find, specially those that would suit me perfectly. THIS! Is unfortunately, not a nude for me. Lol. But I finally found the most beautiful MLBB. <3 *tears* The story is, I just grabbed it quickly at the store, not having a swatch on my hand or even a glimpse at it. I depended on everything I saw online. The color turned out a good surprise. It actually is the same as my natural lip color, but of course, more even and more luscious-looking. A bit of a pain to apply, but I think it's the first times. The texture is a dream. Once it's on my lips, it's creamy and soft and heavenly. I didn't get the drying effect others experienced. Oh my God. I can't even stress my love for this. It's true that things will come to you once you stopped looking. Haha. But I'm thankful I finally found this gem. Will repurchase! I still don't have a nude though. -_-

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2014 2:18:00 PM More reviews by KimmyRM

MAC’s Viva Glam II is a muted pink-mauve shade with a hint of subtle shimmer. This is perfect for when you want to doll up with heavy eyes. Its naturally nude and perfect for daily use too. Its a satin finish so if you didn’t want to, there’s no real need for a gloss to go over.

Can be a little drying so I would recommend a primer to your lippies before you apply this.

Kx

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2014 1:45:00 AM More reviews by larosedechanel

Viva Glam II is my first MAC lipstick & I love it. It's a really pretty pink-mauve color; MAC describes is as "muted pink-beige with shimmer," & it's a Satin finish. This almost immediately became my everyday lipstick. I went in looking for a subtle, natural-looking nude for my dark (NC45) skin & I knew this one would be it as soon as I tried it on. For those of you who have dark skin & are afraid of beige lipsticks or have a hard times with nudes, this is a good shade to try because it's not too pale or Barbie looking. It's a nice pinky-brown that looks good on almost all skin tones.

This finishes semi-matte & of course, it can look & feel a little drying. If your lips aren't ready, it'll be hard to apply. Exfoliate & moisturize your lips before you wear this—I personally use Carmex. Without something underneath, it'll settle into the creases & lines in your lips & make them look chapped. Anyway, I think this looks best if I use a matching mauve to line my lips.

SPECIAL NOTE: I normally don't spend $16 on one lip product but, the entire cost (yes, 100%) goes to charity, the MAC AIDS Fund. The money goes to men, women, & children affected. It doesn't just help give money to people with AIDS; it also helps with transportation to & from their appointments, vaccinations, & meals. You really are helping when you get the Viva Glam products. Not only are you getting a nice lipstick, but you're also donating—think of it like that. I don't mind spending money on something that goes toward a good cause.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2014 10:38:00 AM More reviews by prettygirlmo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This was my very first MAC lipstick that I bought right when it came out in the late nineties. I don't wear it very much anymore, but it has special meaning to me. It's a nude pinky beige color with a Satin finish. Satin finishes are one of my favorites from MAC because they are pigmented, opaque, go on smoothly, and are very comfortable to wear. It's very similar to MAC Blankety, so if you prefer Amplified Creme finishes, but like this color, I recommend trying that. This lipstick is for a great cause though. I looove the vanilla smell, and the sturdy packaging.