April 18, 2014 | 1742 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Viva Glam II

rated 4 of 5 on 2/11/2014 1:45:00 AM More reviews by InfinityGuitars

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

MAC Viva Glam II is a really pretty pink-mauve colour with a satin finish. This is the first MAC lipstick I ever purchased & it's my everyday one. I would definitely repurchase! I went in looking for a subtle, natural-looking nude lipstick for my dark (NC45) skin & I knew this one would be it as soon as I tried it on. For those of you who have dark skin & are afraid of beige lipsticks or have a hard time with nudes, this a good shade to try; it's not too pale or "Barbie."

I did find Viva Glam II a little drying & difficult to apply. Make sure you exfoliate & moisturize your lips before you wear this - I personally use Carmex. Without something underneath, it'll settle into the creases & lines in your lips, making them look chapped. Depending on your skin skin, I also suggest lining your lips so you don't look washed out. Overall this is a great nude with a bit of colour & I reccommend it.

I normally wouldn't spend $15 or 16 for one lip product, but the entire cost (literally 100%) goes to chartity. It goes to the MAC AIDS Fund to support people with HIV/AIDS & because of that, I'm willing to pay for it. Not only are you getting a nice lipstick, but you're also donating. I don't mind spending money on something that goes toward a good cause.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2014 10:38:00 AM More reviews by prettygirlmo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This was my very first MAC lipstick that I bought right when it came out in the late nineties. I don't wear it very much anymore, but it has special meaning to me. It's a nude pinky beige color with a Satin finish. Satin finishes are one of my favorites from MAC because they are pigmented, opaque, go on smoothly, and are very comfortable to wear. It's very similar to MAC Blankety, so if you prefer Amplified Creme finishes, but like this color, I recommend trying that. This lipstick is for a great cause though. I looove the vanilla smell, and the sturdy packaging.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2014 5:43:00 AM More reviews by eraleni

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Great pink mauve nude for you that can't wear browns!
I planned to buy Cherish or Honeylove, but they where too brownish for me. I pair it with Subculture lip pencil which match my natrual lipcolour perfectly. The reason why I don't give it a 5 is that I don't think it shows up enough on my lips.
I think I prefer lighter nudes like Creme d Nude or with som colour in it like Shy Girl or Creme Cup.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2013 8:16:00 PM More reviews by ldtef002

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

If you are a red head, this lip color will complement your skin! I have been looking for a lip color to suit my color. Pale skin, along with red hair, are two things that are hard to match. If you have pale skin, with pink undertones, this blue toned lipstick is perfect. I order my lipstick off of ebay for a cheaper price. The packaging is nice and the smell is nice.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/31/2013 12:19:00 PM More reviews by alexandra0107

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Didn't like the colour of this on me at all. I don't know why, I usually love browny nudes but this just didn't suit me. I am NC30 due to being a fake tan addict, black hair and grey coloured eyes. I bought this because I like to buy lipsticks in fours (I don't know why! OCD much?) and I'd already chosen Myth to tone down some of my brighter colours, Diva as we're in Autumn and I have never really tried a dark red and HoneyLove as it is just a beautiful nude! Viva Glam II is very similar to HoneyLove but just doesn't suit me as well despite being nearly identical in the tube. It did not last at all on me, I put it on around 2PM and had a hot drink shortly afterwards and it pretty much all disappeared. It is now 4PM and there are no traces left at all. I'm not too disappointed as the money goes to charity but as a lipstick this is a dud.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2013 5:02:00 PM More reviews by lightgirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I first purchased this lippie when it first came out in 1995/96! First nude ever!

VG II is an awesome pinky nude color and looks great w my NC15/NW20 skin tone. Every penny u pay goes to AIDS charity which is another great reason to buy this. It's a satin finish and the color is opaque, comfortably creamy, with a slight sheen and lasts a long time.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2013 5:28:00 PM More reviews by Msritajanay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

My love for this lipstick is SO real! Lol I am NC 50 (summer) NW43 (winter) skin tone and I use this towards the end of the summer when I lighten up a bit. It makes the perfect pinky nude lipstick for me. If I add a gloss it is usually MAC Boy Bait or Double Happiness Cremesheen gloss and it's perfect!!! I tell everyone about this shade because it is my favorite and it's my signature lip when I only want some liner and light makeup. Also! The texture is matte so it's good to moisturize lips first or the color will separate.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/9/2013 1:49:00 AM More reviews by Xexuxa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Black

Viva Glam II is an interesting color. It can make you look kinda slickly on its own, but layers with Subculture lipliner with Viva Glam V lip glass its beautiful. It a look that I haven't been able to replicate with other colors. I recommend getting it with the lip glass, very pretty.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2013 5:56:00 PM More reviews by Farunka

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Beautiful nude, will mute out your lips, I wear it with smokey eyes in winter, and with a nude gloss over it, I'm not sure what shade I am in winter, but Im NW20 in summer, yet I still wear this lipstick in winter.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/21/2012 3:31:00 PM More reviews by GoddessIv

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

It was a hard and long struggle for me to find the perfect nude lipstick, but finally last year I did and it was Viva Glam II.
My coloring for reference: NC 20 (warm/gold undertone), dark brown hair and dark brown eyes, not very pigmented lips (almost nude).
I was looking for a lippie to be able to wear with smokey or a heavier eye make up that doesn't wash me out and has just a touch of a color to it. This lipstick is a nude beige with a touch of pink and some grey but to me the gray is not over done; it is just enough to make the lipstick work with cooler colored make up and the beige/light brown base allows for warm make up.
I'd say this formula is drying and every time I wear it, I have to moisturize my lips first, it's also a good idea to exfoliate...otherwise I end up with the "raisin-mouth".
Lastly, I'd repurchase this lipstick had MAC remained cruelty free, but unfortunately they decided to expand into China. The Chinese government mandates that all products sold withing their country be tested on animals first. So even though Mac doesn't test their products withing the US, they still do it (or commission a company to do it for them). Either way, they are not cruelty free anymore, which is very disappointing since MAC was built on these principles. Whatever happened to "Tested on models not on animals"?