MAC Viva Glam II

3.7

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium

First MAC lipstick, first nude. 10+ years and I'm still wearing it.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought this lipstick not all that long ago (I own a bunch of various VG lipsticks/Lipglasses just not VG II), I was disappointed to not be able to buy the VG II Lipglass at Macy's (I just bought the lipstick), but looked on MAC's website & to my shock did not see the Lipglass there neither & I have a tradition of buying matching VG lipstick w Lipglass, I did buy the very 1st VG w Clear Lipglass instead of matching Lipglass & I'm using (a different rebought tube) of Clear w this + I got VG Gaga 2 Lipglass coz sold out of lipstick way back when. Well VG II is closest to me to VG V in terms of color but more grey whereas VG V is brown VG II is more pink & mauve on me. If you only buy 1 version I suggest VG Miley 1 Lipglass as its a totally fun but wearable color (much diff than this thou) or get VG V lipstick w matching Lipglass! I highly rec'd getting a lip liner/stick/glass from MAC which ever u do go w/. And the charity HIV/AIDS program is awesome! 100% profits go to for any MAC Viva Glam products.

I've been looking for the perfect MLBB colour for ages! While warm nudes like Wet N Wild's 'Bare it all' work well for me in general, they do change the original tone of my natural lip colour (slightly greyish pink). Viva Glam II is the perfect MLBB colour for me! It is a neutral nude with mauve, pink and some grey undertones. I am NC25 and have warm undertones.

The satin formula is comfortable on the lips and has a good staying power as well!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Viva glam II is my first MAC lipstick and I would highly recommend!

I'm a bit dubious about matte lipsticks, but this isn't drying at all. It says 'satin' as the description, but I don't find it very satin-like. Benefit's lipsticks are much more 'satin'. There's a slight sheen though, and it lasts for hours!

Is has definitely become my new everyday lipstick, especially with the lovely colour being subtle for daytime.

I think it's great how all the proceeds go to charity too, it felt like even more of an incentive to purchase!

I'm glad that my purchase of this lipstick went to a great cause but I would not repurchase. I have a fair/cool complexion with blue eyes and honey blonde hair and luckily I can pull off most makeup shades but this just doesn't look great on me. It's a bit too brownish-greyish and makes my lips look smaller than they are, whereas most MAC shades make them look bigger and more plump. I can warm it up a bit with some pink gloss over the top but I generally don't like to layer my lipsticks with gloss. I like them to stand on their own so this one misses the mark. I think I'll play with using various liners underneath to see if I can get it to make me less dead. I think this would be a great shade on many other skin tones but if you're fair/cool I suggest trying it out in the store first. I think I purchased this one online so I didn't have that chance! Similar shades are Faux which is more pink and Modesty which is warmer and a Lustre, and both of those look much better on me. Oh well, at least I know the money is going to charity!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I am wearing I right now. Very matte, very like au natural very neutral. I love it. Very barely there subtle nude lipstick. I am a satin-suede fan, sooooo It's great for everyday wear. Staying power is great. Nice packaging. I wanna buy all the viva glams. I have two more to go the five and six to buy. I'm used to the frists. This is my second favorite mac nextto MAc - o my first favorite MAC lipstick on the market shelf. I will purchase more viva glam lipsticks and lipglasses in time. I hgave a whole collection and fo rthe gloss,the clear original one in the tube with the black cap in my favorite - (with the glassy shine). Back to MAC's viva glam II looks professional, not loud, ut matches with anything and that's the best part. Also, I wear Viva Glam IIIII (5) lipstick over it, looks pouty and plumpy great to recreate the look daily. I hope you guys like!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm great the items at MAC counters I purchase go to charity like Avon does. Though I'm not comparing the two, MAc way better quality and staying powers. Plus thee vanilla-ey fragrance smells rocks..........!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not overly impressed with this colour on me and I'm not keen on the satin finish either, I prefer a matte finish. I feel the colour washes me out but having said that I am looking forward to trying it with a tan as I think it will look more flattering. I think it would suit darker skin tones/complexions more than pale ones. I do like the fact that the money from the sale of the Viva Glam lipsticks (less the VAT) goes to a HIV and Aids charity, so I am donating to a charity when I'm treating myself to a new lipstick! I have Viva Glam I and I'm tempted to buy Viva Glam III or Viva Glam VI next as I think they will suit me more.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This lipstick is sooo gorgeous, I was looking for a nude lipstick that wouldn't make me look washed out and wanted it to be a little bit mauvish. I had always been on a hunt for that perfect nude lipstick for me and finally I found it!!. There's really just a drop of a pink and mauve colour to it but looks so pretty.
I consider this one an ultimate nude lipstick for me. Doesn't matter if I'm pale or tanned at the moment this colour always look great on me. Goes beautifly with a very natural everyday makeup as well as more dramatic smokey eyes look.
The fact that they're going to discontinue this one really bothers me I should probably start to look for the replacement very soon.

I wanted a mauve ish MLBB colour, and the artist that helped me suggested this one. I have to agree with the other NC 30 girls. In the store lighting it looked like VG II added that mauve with a hint of pink colour to my lips. When I got home, it looked way too gray against my skin tone. It looks better in the sunlight because the slight pink shows, but it still looks rather gray.
Staying power is good though. I didn't find it too be overly drying, but I definitely recommend a lip balm or primer underneath. I tried it as a cream blush, and that was ok so I will probably use it up that way. Really sad cause this was my first mac lipstick!

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I love this lipstick so much that I bought two at a time! I'm so nervous that they will discontinue this shade, so I have to stock up. This is my perfect nude. I have tan deep tan skin with pink undertones and this lipstick gives my face such a clean, natural look. One of my must haves!

Recommended for Medium Skin