MAC Viva Glam II

3.7

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I am wearing I right now. Very matte, very like au natural very neutral. I love it. Very barely there subtle nude lipstick. I am a satin-suede fan, sooooo It's great for everyday wear. Staying power is great. Nice packaging. I wanna buy all the viva glams. I have two more to go the five and six to buy. I'm used to the frists. This is my second favorite mac nextto MAc - o my first favorite MAC lipstick on the market shelf. I will purchase more viva glam lipsticks and lipglasses in time. I hgave a whole collection and fo rthe gloss,the clear original one in the tube with the black cap in my favorite - (with the glassy shine). Back to MAC's viva glam II looks professional, not loud, ut matches with anything and that's the best part. Also, I wear Viva Glam IIIII (5) lipstick over it, looks pouty and plumpy great to recreate the look daily. I hope you guys like!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm great the items at MAC counters I purchase go to charity like Avon does. Though I'm not comparing the two, MAc way better quality and staying powers. Plus thee vanilla-ey fragrance smells rocks..........!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

on 3/30/2015 3:41:00 PM

I'm not overly impressed with this colour on me and I'm not keen on the satin finish either, I prefer a matte finish. I feel the colour washes me out but having said that I am looking forward to trying it with a tan as I think it will look more flattering. I think it would suit darker skin tones/complexions more than pale ones. I do like the fact that the money from the sale of the Viva Glam lipsticks (less the VAT) goes to a HIV and Aids charity, so I am donating to a charity when I'm treating myself to a new lipstick! I have Viva Glam I and I'm tempted to buy Viva Glam III or Viva Glam VI next as I think they will suit me more.

on 3/25/2015 5:57:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This lipstick is sooo gorgeous, I was looking for a nude lipstick that wouldn't make me look washed out and wanted it to be a little bit mauvish. I had always been on a hunt for that perfect nude lipstick for me and finally I found it!!. There's really just a drop of a pink and mauve colour to it but looks so pretty.
I consider this one an ultimate nude lipstick for me. Doesn't matter if I'm pale or tanned at the moment this colour always look great on me. Goes beautifly with a very natural everyday makeup as well as more dramatic smokey eyes look.
The fact that they're going to discontinue this one really bothers me I should probably start to look for the replacement very soon.

on 2/17/2015 10:50:00 PM

I wanted a mauve ish MLBB colour, and the artist that helped me suggested this one. I have to agree with the other NC 30 girls. In the store lighting it looked like VG II added that mauve with a hint of pink colour to my lips. When I got home, it looked way too gray against my skin tone. It looks better in the sunlight because the slight pink shows, but it still looks rather gray.
Staying power is good though. I didn't find it too be overly drying, but I definitely recommend a lip balm or primer underneath. I tried it as a cream blush, and that was ok so I will probably use it up that way. Really sad cause this was my first mac lipstick!

on 2/10/2015 8:49:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I love this lipstick so much that I bought two at a time! I'm so nervous that they will discontinue this shade, so I have to stock up. This is my perfect nude. I have tan deep tan skin with pink undertones and this lipstick gives my face such a clean, natural look. One of my must haves!

on 1/29/2015 4:03:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I have pale skin and very vibrant copper hair so I sometimes struggle to find lipsticks that suit my hair colour and don't clash. Viva Glam II is gorgeous!!! It's my absolute favourite everyday colour. On me it's a cement nude with a hint of pink in it. The satin finish is my favourite mac finish. I love that they are completely opaque and look matte without feeling matte. Viva glam II lasts about 8 hours on me and I can eat and drink and it will still stay on. It wears off evenly and leaves a rose griege stain behind. I love this lipstick so so sooo much and 100% will be buying this again when my current one runs out!!

on 1/14/2015 1:02:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

The lipstick formula is great, it's a satin which is one of my fave formulas. I hate how the other viva glams are more glossy and sheer.

For the color... I don't really like it honestly.
For reference I'm an NC30/C30
I'm quite yellow-olive
I'm warmtoned but not the golden/peachy warm tone.
I'm just yellow with a slight green cast.
I thought I'd like this color more than Faux (which looked too mauve on me)
Compared to faux it looked as though it didn't have that mauve in it so I went ahead and got Viva Glam II.
I wore it a few times but the color looks well... Gray on me.
It's a nude color with a slight amount of pink but it just looks a very grey sort of nude. I don't like it.
It's definitely a neutral sort of nude.
I've always had problems with neutral toned makeup cause they'd always look grey on me or just too... Dark but still has that grey tone(powders that just come in light, medium, dark etc)
If you're more neutral or cool toned I'm sure it'll look better. I'm pretty sure other warmtoned people may like it but for me, not so much.

on 12/30/2014 10:59:00 PM

All time favorite for an every day look. Goes perfect with my NC15 skin and pink undertones.

I bought this on a whim as an everyday neutral because MAC was out of Brave. It's a decent color for me, but I've found the formula to be quite drying.

on 8/30/2014 8:24:00 AM

UPDATE: I broke down & got this & wow am I glad I did. Yes, on me it pulls a bit brown...but I love what it doesn't do. It isn't too peach, too muting (concealer lips), or too undead. It just gives you a great toned down pout. It works when I want the look of nude lips but nothing else is looking right. And this lipstick pairs heavenly with Pink Cult blush for soft (especially fall time) perfection.

ORIGINAL: VGII surprised me. I assumed it would be awful and when I tried it on in store, I thought "yup, it's awful". But I kept it on since I was just going back to the car. Once in the parking lot I saw this in daylight and...it wasn't that awful. I was seeing the nude beige with slight mauve tone people mentioned. While in store it just looked like a taupe on my lip. I am Nw20, deep soft winter, almost black hair, brown eyes, mauvey/rosey lips.

Everyone has described the color very well, it is a brown, beige, gray, mauve toned (taupe with mauve undertone)...coming off a bit 90's. it is neutral enough (with/out noticeable shimmer or frost) to be made modern, but for all of us that were there in 90's...there is no way an episode of "Friends" won't flow through your head once you put it on. I would like to have this in my collection to play with, but I don't think I would actually wear this enough to go out and buy it.

Popular Lipsticks