July 31, 2014 | 1658 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Viva Glam II

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2014 8:50:00 PM More reviews by hottahitilover

My current favorite from MAC I didnt care for it much at first but it compliments my skin tone and looks pretty with satin taupe eyeshadow which I wear often the only problem I have with MAC lipsticks is they seem to rub down faster than other brands I just got this tube and its at about a half inch left im not one to use lip brushes but to use the rest i guess ill have to but this and pink plaid , please me, creme d' nude and creme cup are my favorites and viva glam 1 but thats a special occasion lip color for me. It's not pink looking until i take a picture wearing it otherwise it looks like a muted grey nude on me very mysterious looking not your average nude and I like it.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/29/2014 9:54:00 AM More reviews by chipmunkxpantoufle

On the fence right now if I would buy this again. I have very pigmented lips, and wear my eyes dark, this helps balance all the colors out and softens my features. My only gripe is it doesn't work perfectly with my coloring! I have to dab a peach or pink gloss over it to warm it up. However this creates the perfect nude lip for me! It's the matte-er and more grey version of my HG MAC creamsheen Modesty.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2014 7:45:00 AM More reviews by hishoney

OH MY GOODNESS!!!!

Honestly, this is a blind buy. I've been searching for a Mac nude for the past few months on the internet, as the "nearest" Mac store from my home is not so near. So I just lust for Mac swatches online, researching very hard for swatches on different skintones because I don't even know what my undertone is. So naturally, nudes are very hard for me to find, specially those that would suit me perfectly. THIS! Is unfortunately, not a nude for me. Lol. But I finally found the most beautiful MLBB. <3 *tears* The story is, I just grabbed it quickly at the store, not having a swatch on my hand or even a glimpse at it. I depended on everything I saw online. The color turned out a good surprise. It actually is the same as my natural lip color, but of course, more even and more luscious-looking. A bit of a pain to apply, but I think it's the first times. The texture is a dream. Once it's on my lips, it's creamy and soft and heavenly. I didn't get the drying effect others experienced. Oh my God. I can't even stress my love for this. It's true that things will come to you once you stopped looking. Haha. But I'm thankful I finally found this gem. Will repurchase! I still don't have a nude though. -_-

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2014 2:18:00 PM More reviews by KimmyRM

MACís Viva Glam II is a muted pink-mauve shade with a hint of subtle shimmer. This is perfect for when you want to doll up with heavy eyes. Its naturally nude and perfect for daily use too. Its a satin finish so if you didnít want to, thereís no real need for a gloss to go over.

Can be a little drying so I would recommend a primer to your lippies before you apply this.

Kx

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2014 1:45:00 AM More reviews by larosedechanel

Viva Glam II is a really pretty pink-mauve colour; MAC defines it as "muted pink-beige with shimmer" in Satin finish. This is the first MAC lipstick I've ever got & it's definitely my every day one. I would definitely repurchase! I went in looking for a subtle, natural-looking nude lipstick for my dark (NC45) skin & I knew this one would be it as soon as I tried it on. For those of you who have dark skin & are afraid of beige lipsticks or have a hard time with nudes, this a good shade to try; it's not too pale or Barbie looking. I think this is a nice pinky-brown that looks good on almost all skin tones; on mine, it looks slightly more pink than nude or brown.

This lipstick finishes semi-matte & of course, it can look & feel a little drying. If your lips aren't ready, it'll be hard to apply. Make sure you exfoliate & moisturize your lips before you wear this. I personally use Carmex. Without something underneath, it'll settle into the creases & lines in your lips, making them look chapped. I think this looks best on me when I line my lips with a mauve colour.

SPECIAL NOTE: I normally wouldn't spend $15 or 16 on one lip product but the entire cost (literally 100%) goes to charity, the MAC AIDS Fund. The money goes to men, women, & children affected. It doesn't just help give money to people with AIDS; it also helps with transportation to & from their appointments, vaccinations, & meals. You really are helping when you get the Viva Glam products. Not only are you getting a nice lipstick, but you,'re also donatingóthink of it like that. I don't mind spending money on something that goes toward a good cause.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2014 10:38:00 AM More reviews by prettygirlmo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This was my very first MAC lipstick that I bought right when it came out in the late nineties. I don't wear it very much anymore, but it has special meaning to me. It's a nude pinky beige color with a Satin finish. Satin finishes are one of my favorites from MAC because they are pigmented, opaque, go on smoothly, and are very comfortable to wear. It's very similar to MAC Blankety, so if you prefer Amplified Creme finishes, but like this color, I recommend trying that. This lipstick is for a great cause though. I looove the vanilla smell, and the sturdy packaging.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2014 5:43:00 AM More reviews by eraleni

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Great pink mauve nude for you that can't wear browns!
I planned to buy Cherish or Honeylove, but they where too brownish for me. I pair it with Subculture lip pencil which match my natrual lipcolour perfectly. The reason why I don't give it a 5 is that I don't think it shows up enough on my lips.
I think I prefer lighter nudes like Creme d Nude or with som colour in it like Shy Girl or Creme Cup.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2013 8:16:00 PM More reviews by ldtef002

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

If you are a red head, this lip color will complement your skin! I have been looking for a lip color to suit my color. Pale skin, along with red hair, are two things that are hard to match. If you have pale skin, with pink undertones, this blue toned lipstick is perfect. I order my lipstick off of ebay for a cheaper price. The packaging is nice and the smell is nice.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/31/2013 12:19:00 PM More reviews by alexandra0107

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Didn't like the colour of this on me at all. I don't know why, I usually love browny nudes but this just didn't suit me. I am NC30 due to being a fake tan addict, black hair and grey coloured eyes. I bought this because I like to buy lipsticks in fours (I don't know why! OCD much?) and I'd already chosen Myth to tone down some of my brighter colours, Diva as we're in Autumn and I have never really tried a dark red and HoneyLove as it is just a beautiful nude! Viva Glam II is very similar to HoneyLove but just doesn't suit me as well despite being nearly identical in the tube. It did not last at all on me, I put it on around 2PM and had a hot drink shortly afterwards and it pretty much all disappeared. It is now 4PM and there are no traces left at all. I'm not too disappointed as the money goes to charity but as a lipstick this is a dud.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2013 5:02:00 PM More reviews by lightgirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I first purchased this lippie when it first came out in 1995/96! First nude ever!

VG II is an awesome pinky nude color and looks great w my NC15/NW20 skin tone. Every penny u pay goes to AIDS charity which is another great reason to buy this. It's a satin finish and the color is opaque, comfortably creamy, with a slight sheen and lasts a long time.