July 24, 2014 | 997 users online

Hair Treatments - Carol's Daughter - Monoi Repairing Anti-Breakage Spray

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2014 8:24:00 AM More reviews by Kathy123

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

So at the beginning, I liked this a lot but after a while, I noticed that I had more hair fall than before. Breakage was not an issue but hair fall was worse. I also noticed a little bit of drying. This may or may not work for you but it did not work for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2014 6:43:00 PM More reviews by SarahLawGirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is an excellent detangling product. This has a wonderful smell of monoi oil and tiare oil but is not cloying or long-lasting. My hair happily detangles with this spray, and I have less shedding. My hair is soft and shiny after using this spray. I also use this on dry hair for detangling, and it works great on dry hair as well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2014 7:51:00 PM More reviews by VeruskaRai

I love this stuff. It's become a daily staple for me. I have very dry hair and I speay some when wet and dry When wet to make it smoother and minimize frizz and before bed to add some mositure back into it. It's oil based so my hair doesnt get wet and lose it's style. It also helps with breakage, which I'm always trying to minimize. Probably on my third bottle now, will continue to buy!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2013 5:36:00 PM More reviews by toronto27

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

This spray leaves my hair really shiny and soft and totally tangle-free! I've used it 8-9 times (on wet hair) over the past 2 weeks and I definitely notice that my hair looks amazing even on days when I don't use the product - fewer split ends, less breakage, more shine, etc. Smells heavenly - my boyfriend can't stop sniffing my hair!

Seriously, ladies, this stuff will leave you with soft and lustrous locks and a professional-looking shine. Each time I use it, it feels like I just left my hair salon. It's expensive, yes, but definitely worth every penny. Buy it - you won't regret it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2013 11:57:00 PM More reviews by felgoj

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this conditioning spray! I first learned about monoi oil & the intoxicating scent of Tahitian tiare gardenia flowers from Carol's Daughter Monoi shampoo. I adore this tropical, heady floral scent (however it's not overpowering), & this companion conditioning spray has the exact same scent as the shampoo (sometimes different products within the same line don't have the same expected scent, which annoys me b/c sometimes I buy stuff specifically for the scent!). I had hoped to find the exact scent of Carol's Daughter Monoi shampoo bottled in some kind of spray form for all-over body fragrance & then (happily) Carol's Daughter made it! Granted, this product is made for hair as a detangling leave-in conditioner & works fantastic for that - softens dry, stiff, crispy hair very well (more than 1 or 2 spritzes would be too much). But I also spray this on my body as well (until Carol's Daughter makes a body spray or room spray version of it, which I'm hoping for). It may not suit everybody's tastes, but to me this scent is heavenly.

I appreciate the good & clean ingredients in this formula - lightweight & airy, super-fine mist doesn't spatter, non-oily, & contains effective humectants like glycerin, sodium PCA & hyaluronic acid (I love using HA in my skincare products). Best part: No silicones or questionable preservatives like parabens or phenoxyethanol. Love that!

The 8 oz bottle is considered big in my book & since my bob-length hair can only take 1-2 sprays (it is generally super-dry at my age), so this bottle is lasting me a long time. At the slow rate that I'm using mine, I see it lasting @ least 2 yrs (hopefully the scent won't go bad or something). I wouldn't hesitate to buy this again. It's a decadent item for me but affordable. Nars Body Glow II is the closest I've found to matching Carol Daughter's scent for the body, but it is costly. Other monoi oils & lotions I've bought don't smell the same (Booth's brand is nice & very rich smelling, but very heavy or too sharp on the gardenia scent & unfortunately lingers in a cloying way for me). Carol's Daughter scent is creamy & soothing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2013 1:55:00 PM More reviews by productjunkie76

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love the way this smells and the way it detangles in seconds of applying it. Have already repurchased. Love it.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/29/2013 9:19:00 AM More reviews by lorrangels

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have very fine, thinning hair and I bought this product to help with the breakage and shedding every time I comb my hair. While I love the way it detangles and I like the scent, it unfortunately hasn't done much to cut down on the breakage. I'm actually considering returning it to Ulta-- I could get Johnson & Johnson detangler for a fraction of the price!--, but will probably keep using it for another week or so to see if there's any change. Will update if there is!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2013 2:09:00 PM More reviews by mecepeda

Since I have been so impressed with the rest of the Carol's Daughter Monoi line, I decided to give the newest product in the range a try. I have very thick, shoulder-length wavy/curly hair that I am trying to grow out, and have been experiencing a lot of tangles, shedding, and a bit of breakage lately. (And this is after giving up heat styling entirely a few years ago, and washing my hair only half as much). This spray is a welcome addition to my CD Monoi shampoo and conditioner routine, as it's very effective at reducing tangles - the best product I've found for that job yet, in fact - and it provides a good amount of additional hydration. Just a little bit is needed, and the packaging is easy to use...but be sure to shake the container a bit before using, as the natural ingredients tend to settle. I would not recommend this product however to anyone whose hair is not significantly dry/damaged or to those sensitive to strong fragrances. The CD Monoi scent, while natural, is rather strong, just like the product itself. If you are on the fence about this one, I would recommend asking for a free sample at Sephora. It's a wonderful product that certainly works as advertised, but it may be a bit heavy for some hair types/noses. As for me, I will re-purchase.