Guerlain Maxi Lash Mascara

4.3

Water, Paraffin, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Polybutene, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Palmitic Acid, Stearic Acid, Triethanolamine, Vp/Eicosene Copolymer, Acacia Senegal Gum, Cera Carnauba, Candelilla Cera, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Silica, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Fragrance, Tocopheryl Acetate, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Linalool, Citronellol, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Benzyl Benzoate, Geraniol, Limonen, Citral, Bht. May contain: Mica, Ci 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499 (Iron Oxides), Ci 77007 (Ultramarines), Ci 77288 (Chromium Oxide Greens), Ci 77289 (Chromium Hydroxide Green), Ci 77510 (Ferric Ferrocyanide).

It's expensive lets just start there..for a mascara! However you get what you pay for.. I love this brush I love the formula, I have been using this without eyeliner, just lashes with an eyeshadow...and some Kohl eyeliner on my water eye.. I love this look and the lashes do it all. This mascara makes it look like falsies for sure.... I pair it with another mascara - YSL babydoll, but this mascara alone will do the trick!

I must add my voice to the positive chorus on this mascara, I have quite a few mascaras and this one is my "go to". I prefer the bristle brush to the plastic brushes you tend to get with many mascaras these days, and what is there to say about the packaging since it so clearly speaks for itself! Beautiful!

So the product inside: This mascara is fragranced, so if you don't like that kind of thing then steer clear - I love the smell, it adds to the appeal of the product for me personally - I believe it is the volle de nuit (sorry if i spelled that wrong) fragrance. It's lovely.
It's a very inky black and goes onto the lashes leaving them looking thick and lush, you can layer on this mascara with minimal clumping although my experience is that you shouldn't really need more than 2 coats (3 if you're feeling extra glamorous) to give you a very pretty fringe of lashes.

Will I buy this again? Yes because it is very effective at adding beautiful definition and doesn't require faffing around like some of the mascaras I own that give good results but only if you fanny about for 10 extra minutes, it does the job quickly. You don't get any hard or heavy feeling lashes, they stay silky and soft with this.

I think this really is a very expensive mascara, but I've had mine for around 6 months now and it's still going strong, it hasn't done the drying up act or changed formula in any way during that time like the famous YSL Faux Cils is well known to do. I'd recommend this mascara wholeheartedly to pretty much anyone regardless of what kind of lashes they have and would summarise it as saying it's a fabulous formula with a simple but effective brush - nothing oversized, no gimmicks and no bells or whistles - it does one thing very well. Classic. Well done Guerlain :-)

OMG! Holy grail mascara! I just bought my 4th tube of this stuff. I am addicted ! I have tried so many mascaras and I can assure you that this is the best. It is definitely not a budget mascara at $30 a tube. It lasts me about 3 months with daily use. I apply and work my eyelashes upward several times before it sets. Do not try to apply multiple layers after it dries (will clump). It doesn't flake during my 14-15 hr day and removes easily. It also smells like roses. I wear contacts and my eyes are sensitive, never have had a issue with this stuff. I have several friends that I've gotten addicted, so be aware, once you use it, you won't be able to stop!

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

I love the way my lashes look immediately after applying this mascara (fanned out, thicker, and longer), however, it doesn't hold a curl and by midday my lashes are droopy looking. I also don't like the Guerlain violet scent, but the gold packaging is very expensive and posh looking. I was hoping this would be better than Chanel Le Volume, but the Chanel holds a curl better and has a better brush.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

One word- amazing. Makes the lashes look like they were sculpted on by a famous artist. I got no clumping. My lashes look voluminous, are curled and long with using this one product. The only negative is the price.

I received a sample of this from Sephora, and thought I'd just have it as a purse mascara for those on-the-go touchups. But when I tried this, I was amazed. I used to have decent lashes but after turning 40 or thereabouts they've gotten thinner, and shorter and I'm always on the lookout for something to make my lashes pop. This dinky sample tube produced amazing results. In a few quick swipes I have the lashes I had in my early 20s and then some. They're long, inky black and super defined.
I only have two complaints: One, I don't like the $30 price tag, but considering I drop $10 here and $5 there hoping for half the results I get with this, so maybe the $30 is the way to go. The other mild complaint is that this is fragranced, which I'm not wild about. The scent isn't bad, but I'd prefer it to be a bit subtle. In time in fades, but for a couple hours after applying I notice it off and on.
The formula is long-lasting, but still washes out easily. It takes a tiny bit longer to get off compared to some of my drugstore mascaras, but it's worth the extra effort when I get this kind of impact.

This stuff. Is. The business. I had never even heard of this mascara until I picked it as a sample from Nordstroms because I've been looking to try some new ones. Best. Choice. Ever.

I've been using Maybelline Full n Soft for years now, and was moderately satisfied, but this is everything I have ever wanted in a mascara. (I still use Full n Soft for errand running days or occasions when I don't need or want to use up this magic Maxi lash).

I used it once, and I knew I had to have the full size. Long, sumptuous, voluminous, plush, fluttery, ultra black lashes had to be mine! At last, my HG mascara

In my opinion, I think this mascara's performance is maybe 70% formula, and 30% brush. The formula just feels...silky? And makes my lashes softer, yet they can still hold their curl (maybe that's the wax in the formula?) The brush is refreshingly simply, I'm so over these crazy contraptions and curvy brushes with giant bristles...This brush gets the job done, and I'm able to reach all of my lashes without any trouble.

To apply, I like to zig zag it through the base of my lashes 3 times, then fan them out 3 times, then "hand paint" each lash with the brush held vertically to lengthen them. Sometimes I layer the mascara with loose powder between coats, which builds a little extra volume.

It's not the most budget friendly mascara I've ever had, but the results you can have for just a few dollars more than your standard mid-range department store mascara...so worth every penny!

The only thing I would change about this mascara is the scent, which smells to me like roses. I do prefer my mascaras to be fragrance free since fragrance makes my eyes water, but it fades within 5 minutes of application...I wait until my eyes dry a bit before I clean up any smudges or application mistakes, but after it sets, I haven't experience any transfer, flakes, or smudging.

For reference, other mascaras I have tried that don't even come close to this one (and mostly felt ambivalent about) (and this is as many as I can remember...probably even more):
Lancome Definicils, Hypnose Drama, Hypnose Star
Clinique High impact (regular and curling), Bottom Lash
UD Cannonball, Perversion
Tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes
Smashbox full exposure
Armani Eyes to Kill
Benefit They're Real, Rollerlash

Covergirl Clump Crusher, LashExact, LashBlast Volume, LashBlast Fusion, Exact Eyelights
Maybelline Illegal Lengths, Rocket, Volum' Express, Lash Stiletto
Jordana Best Lash
L'oreal Butterfly, Telescopic, Double Extend, Million Lashes
Nyx Doll Eye

I love this mascara (I have the WP version by the way, the gold one was so so except it didn't last AS LONG as the WP version.) , screw the 50 dollar price tag on this in Singapore, but it is worth every single penny, you could cry a river with this and it will not run , smudge or sting your eyes. It holds a curl like nothing else, provides a very clean and no clumping volume, I tried to fault with this, really I tried and there is nothing to like about the heavy price tag when something could perform similarly from a drug store- or even a mid end price range. I am raving about this yes, but I swear by this mascara and ONLY this macara. I think when I first opened this, I hated it, but give it 1 week or so then the formula starts to thicken a little and it becomes AMAZING.

I have just finished my first tube of this, having used it for about 6 months. I won't repurchase and price has nothing to do with it. Upon initial application, it's all around perfect mascara. You don't need to work it, a few swipes and my shorts straight lashes looked best they ever did: long, black, thick, yet separated. Not the absolute best at curling, but pretty damn good. However a few hours in, it'd start smudging under eyes. And it's not the kind of smudges that are easy to wipe off either. You'd think that something that transfers so easily would at least be easy to wash off, but nope! It takes several passes of oil eye makeup remover and I'm still left with black smudges all around the eyes. Just too much hassle. Oh yeah, the scent is very strong (violets), didn't bother me, but could be a deal breaker for some.

This mascara is my HG mascara...thrilled to have finally found it! It does everything (lengthens, volumizes, and curls) with no more than one or two coats. One coat gives a nice naturally lush look, and it's easily buildable for a more dramatic look with no clumping! I have short, fine lashes, and I'm a mascara junkie...the one makeup that I don't want to leave home without, and this is the one I always reach for.

Currently, I have the following mascaras in my makeup drawer: Too-Faced Better than Sex; the classic DiorShow; Dior Addict It-Lash; Tarte Gifted; YSL Shocking Volume Effet; MakeUp Forever Smoky Extravagant; Smashbox Full Exposure; BareMinerals Lash Domination; Blinc Mascara Amplified; CK One Color; Urban Decay Perversion; Buxom Amplified; Clinique High Impact; L'Oreal Voluminous; and my drugstore fave, Maybelline Volum' Express Colossal. But you know what? Guerlain Maxi Lash beats them all. What's more, my lashes look and feel full and very soft. Easy to wash off with only my cleanser and water, and lasts all day for me!

Before finding this, DiorShow was my go-to mascara and although I liked it, I kept searching for the perfect mascara. Guerlain is IT for me. No more searching...I've found the perfect match!

Popular Mascaras