October 22, 2014 | 1008 users online

Mascara - Guerlain - Maxi Lash Mascara

rated 3 of 5 on 9/16/2014 5:35:00 PM More reviews by kearro

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I adored this mascara when I received it in trial form, but when I purchased the mascara itself I was underwhelmed. At $32 CAN for 0.28 oz I found it a bit pricey, and it may have been my fault, but I found the container was difficult to close and it gummed up all around the opening, eventually drying out the mascara itself. My first impression was beautiful think lashes that did not clump or flake. I have noted that it does smear a bit onto my under-eye area and it is not waterproof and will run. I will be trying other brands in the future.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2014 8:23:00 AM More reviews by Sjess

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

It is a good mascara to add to looks with eyeshadow, as the brush is thin enough. Also the blackness is perfect for this. Gorgeous packaging and it smells so nice but otherwise a below average mascara. It just gives me separated and very black lashes but no volume whatsoever. For this price (34 euros) there are better mascaras out there which do give good volume (Chanel Le Volume for instance).

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2014 8:18:00 AM More reviews by rs02

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is hands down the best mascara I've ever used! It gives great volume/definition and curl that lasts all day. Love the packaging as well!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2014 1:15:00 PM More reviews by SummerDay89

Thought I'd never find anything good/better than Clinique's high impact mascara. However, this gives extreme length and absolutely zero clumping. Very impressive. Has a slight smell in which I could live without.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/7/2014 10:22:00 AM More reviews by JaanBlack

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This mascara is good for volume and definition, length is average. I have long, curly lashes but I lack volume and this did the trick. It's a little wet but it is clump free when layered (big deal to me). I'm not sure this is HG worthy for me but I didn't run back to Sephora to return it like I usually do.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2014 5:30:00 PM More reviews by Krissy0913

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This Mascara is AMAZING!!! Love the elegant packaging as well. It goes on pretty creamy and does not EVER clump. I like the way it separates my lashes and gives volume. One evening I was freshening up my makeup and decided to put more mascara on and wow! Even better than the first application! Never clumped and my lashes looked even longer and thicker! I even like the scent of it which is that classic Guerlain. Absolutely no problems for my sensitive eyes.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/14/2014 11:29:00 AM More reviews by Davisra

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really love this mascara. The brush is easy to handle and I can get all the itty bitty lashes in the corners. One coat is usually all I need to look great. Lashes look longer, thicker and more numerous since the brush does a great job of separating them so every lash gets coated. So why won't I buy this again? I did buy it a second time and the problem persists - raccoon eyes. Unfortunately, by the end of the workday the product has smudged under my bottom lashes to give me noticeably dark circles under my eyes. I've switched back to my usual Lancome Definicils and voila - no raccoon eyes. Sad, because everything else about this mascara is superb.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2014 5:25:00 AM More reviews by cherriesandpie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I totally agree with the lovely reviewer below me :)! This mascara IS AMAZING and is 100% worth the money! I rated this 5 stars on price; simply because it is A GREAT mascara totally worth the expensive price tag; I love high end makeup but this is one of the few things I'd say that about. This gives you BEAUTIFUL lashes; I absoloutely love false lashes (the Ardell demi lashes and individual flares give you beautiufl eyelashes; but that's a bit time consuming; this mascara gives me the closest look to them I have ever achieved. Full, beauitful, long, volumous lashes that make your eyes look gorgeous. These aren't a soft natural look, but give one pheomenal, false lash effect (but don't look overdone) - this add lengeth like nothing I have ever seen :). And this mascara is also relatively easy to get off (compared to mascara's of it's kind; a massive blessing)! It also does not flake or smudge or sting the eye!

The tube is beautiful, glamourous; I love it.

This is HG material! I adore it!

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2014 9:49:00 PM More reviews by Yushimi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Wow I haven't wrote a review in ages. But here I am.

Alright, so I've been using this mascara till it's empty before I write this review because 1. the formula might work better when it's a bit more used and 2. I want to give it a very fair shot.

I love the separation on the lashes when I use this (I have Asian straight lashes but they're probably a lot longer than most Asians) and doesn't look like a clumpy wet mess. I like how the formula is buildable and yet still looks natural. I find I like the formula more after a few uses when the formula is a tad more dry. Mascara doesn't flake on me and I wear contacts so that's very important. Easy to remove. Doesn't smell funky. Nor do I smell any scent in my mascara. For $32 Canadian...I would repurchase again but it would be a tie with the YSL Faux Cil for "high end" mascara.

I hope I covered everything. I didn't get any irritations. Not smudging through out the day. (I tend to have oily lids at times). I love layering with this mascara if I really want the extra oomph. I would use this mascara first to separate (really good at doing that and still making them look natural, which is what I do for work) and when I go out in the evening I just layer it with another mascara like...YSL Faux Cils. But remember, using too much mascara of any type will make your lashes clump. This just doesn't have an easy tendency to clump unlike wetter mascara formulas.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2014 1:35:00 PM More reviews by mousquerader

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I never thought that mascara actually did much for my eyelashes, no matter how many coats I applied. I thought all mascaras were the same, and I have tried a bunch of popular ones like DiorShow Black Out, which all seemed to just coat my lashes with black, but never actually made them look longer, thicker, or nicer. I was recommended this mascara by someone on the makeup board, and I decided to order it one day online without having tried it first. The first time I put it on, I noticed that my lashes actually looked dramatically longer and thicker. I was really surprised because that never happens to me with mascara, and I previously could only get that effect with false eyelashes. However, I wasn't too pleased when the thick, wet formula caused my eyelashes to droop and straighten out, which was disappointing because one of the mascara's claims is that it curls the eyelashes. I have naturally straight lashes, which I had curled, so anything wet or heavy will make the curl straighten out very quickly. Curling the eyelashes with after the mascara was on was a bad idea because it just made my eyelashes clump together and look bad. The next time I got a chance, I applied a waterproof mascara, and then a single coat of Guerlain Maxi Lash, and I finally got the effect I wanted without my lashes straightening out! My eye lashes looked amazing, and I could definitely see the dramatic effect of longer, thicker, curled lashes. Maxi Lash does not yet come in a waterproof formula as far as I know, but if if it did, that would be the perfect mascara for me. I will definitely not be without this mascara a single coat of this does what no other mascara (with even 5 coats or more) could ever do for my lashes.

I also tried YSL's Baby Doll mascara to compare to Guerlain Maxi Lash (both at $30), and I can say Guerlain Maxi Lash is better if you want very long, thick lashes that are almost like falsies. YSL's Baby Doll is nice and creates feathered, separated lashes, but the effects of lengthening and thickening are not as dramatic as Guerlain Maxi Lash, even with two or three coats.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No