April 18, 2014 | 1847 users online

Treatments - Neostrata - SecureWhite

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2013 7:49:00 AM More reviews by stoptheoil

This product is a little bit pricey (approx $48 including tax); however, it definitely gets the job done. I am not sure what the other reviewer experienced, but I can definitely say that my experience has been amazing! I'm have dark acne prone skin (my father is black and my mother is half Asian and half black) and I have had significant post acne hyperpigmentation all over my face for the last 2-3 years. I constantly have to cover up my scars with make-up, which gets tiring after a while. Anyway, this product is a god sent. I have been using it day and night for only 3 days now and I can definitely see a dramatic difference!!! It's to the effect that I can predict only needed this product for a 1-2 months to get rid of the significant scars completely; I am elated! My family has even noticed a difference. That's how I know it isn't my mind, and that these changes are real. Yes, it is difficult to wear this product underneath makeup, however, I just wear it to bed and around the house to avoid that fiasco. I just HAD to write this review because if anyone has post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation, they know how awful it is to look at their face everyday with no change, wishing they could get their clear complexion back! Best of all, this is hydraquinone-free. A definite plus, as I've had rebound hyperpigmentation for over-use of in the past, unfortunately... Even with the use of sunscreen. Enjoy ladies... It's sooooo worth it; this product is definitely my HG! ;)

rated 1 of 5 on 7/31/2013 2:04:00 AM More reviews by liveforever

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I bought this from the drugstore when the cosmetician there told me they no longer carried my go-to spot lightening product: Neostrata's HQ Plus Lightening Cream w/ SPF 20. I understand the supposed risks with hydroquinone but its a risk im willing to take because the results are just undeniably effective.

Well this hydroquinone free product was a huge disappointment. Not only did I see no lightening whatsoever after a whole tube used, it went on chalky and flaked under makeup making the product absolutely useless. Big, big waste of money. I went back to the drugstore the other day and noticed they now have an "Ultra" version of this cream. I'm not sure how effective this 'newer' formulation is, but I guess if you're looking for a hydroquinone free product you could try the new "Ultra" versiont. Luckily I was able to find my beloved Neostrata HQ behind the pharmacy counter (without the SPF, sadly) but it was better than nothing.

On a side note, I find the name of the product quite off-putting. Secure White? Not everyone wants white skin - at least not this brown girl. And why I do read into socio-economic undertones when I hear that name? Maybe just me. I could understand if this was Asia where fairness creams are all the rage, but this is North America and the name just seems out of place to me.

My 2 cents.