October 23, 2014 | 1585 users online

Treatments (Face) - Neostrata - SecureWhite

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2014 10:18:00 AM More reviews by shi1

So I've gone through two tubes of this cream (I used the version with spf30) and unfortunately I haven't noticed any major differences. The cream itself is light and fluid (more lotion than cream really). It goes onto the skin easily and is not greasy but it is VERY prone to fuzzing/pilling so its especially tricky if you wear foundation on top. I managed with a very stiff traditional (flat) foundation brush (Chanel). I think the sunscreen factor did work as I did not seem to take on much color all summer, but the main reason I purchased this was to lighten some pigmentation spots I developed over the years which I don't think it did. Price is on the high end (42$CAD for 1 oz) but it goes on sale at the drugstore quite regularly. Packaging is straight forward. It comes in a tube so its compact and easy to use. Unforunately, I don't see enough results to keep using this product especially since the pilling can be quite cumbersome therefore I will not repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/14/2014 1:34:00 AM More reviews by lcormier

I have been battling hyperpigmentation on my face since early 2000 (I believe due to sun tanning bed). And I have tried many products for hyperpigmentation that have worked with some results. The Neostrata products work, and this is the first time trying the SecureWhite Cream.
When I run out of the first tube, I will buy another and see what results come out of it. I apply the cream under make up and I use a sunscreen lotion on my face also and I have no problems using it this way. It feels light on my face.
It comes in a tube with easy application, the price is a bit pricey I will say, hope it is worth it. Because this is my first time using this product and with some results, I will rate this product as good.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2013 7:49:00 AM More reviews by stoptheoil

This product is a little bit pricey (approx $48 including tax); however, it definitely gets the job done. I am not sure what the other reviewer experienced, but I can definitely say that my experience has been amazing! I'm have dark acne prone skin (my father is black and my mother is half Asian and half black) and I have had significant post acne hyperpigmentation all over my face for the last 2-3 years. I constantly have to cover up my scars with make-up, which gets tiring after a while. Anyway, this product is a god sent. I have been using it day and night for only 3 days now and I can definitely see a dramatic difference!!! It's to the effect that I can predict only needed this product for a 1-2 months to get rid of the significant scars completely; I am elated! My family has even noticed a difference. That's how I know it isn't my mind, and that these changes are real. Yes, it is difficult to wear this product underneath makeup, however, I just wear it to bed and around the house to avoid that fiasco. I just HAD to write this review because if anyone has post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation, they know how awful it is to look at their face everyday with no change, wishing they could get their clear complexion back! Best of all, this is hydraquinone-free. A definite plus, as I've had rebound hyperpigmentation for over-use of in the past, unfortunately... Even with the use of sunscreen. Enjoy ladies... It's sooooo worth it; this product is definitely my HG! ;)

rated 1 of 5 on 7/31/2013 2:04:00 AM More reviews by liveforever

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I bought this from the drugstore when the cosmetician there told me they no longer carried my go-to spot lightening product: Neostrata's HQ Plus Lightening Cream w/ SPF 20. I understand the supposed risks with hydroquinone but its a risk im willing to take because the results are just undeniably effective.

Well this hydroquinone free product was a huge disappointment. Not only did I see no lightening whatsoever after a whole tube used, it went on chalky and flaked under makeup making the product absolutely useless. Big, big waste of money. I went back to the drugstore the other day and noticed they now have an "Ultra" version of this cream. I'm not sure how effective this 'newer' formulation is, but I guess if you're looking for a hydroquinone free product you could try the new "Ultra" versiont. Luckily I was able to find my beloved Neostrata HQ behind the pharmacy counter (without the SPF, sadly) but it was better than nothing.

On a side note, I find the name of the product quite off-putting. Secure White? Not everyone wants white skin - at least not this brown girl. And why I do read into socio-economic undertones when I hear that name? Maybe just me. I could understand if this was Asia where fairness creams are all the rage, but this is North America and the name just seems out of place to me.

My 2 cents.