August 2, 2014 | 1581 users online

Shampoo - Nexxus - Diametress Shampoo

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2014 7:00:00 PM More reviews by ShoeGal95

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this shampoo! It acts like a clarifier and provides great volume. I use it about once a week because it can be drying. It's been around for decades lol, but it does what it claims!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/12/2014 11:37:00 AM More reviews by lizzchan12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

This shampoo does what it claims. It adds volume and makes hair appear thicker. For those of you with drier hair like myself, however, it can be slightly drying due to the alcohols volume shampoos contain in order to provide hair with volume. The shampoo does not claim to be moisturizing, so I am not bashing it for that, but there are volumizing shampoos out there that do not strip as much moisture as the Nexxus one does. I preferred the John Frieda and Ojon volume shampoos over this one, personally. On the positives however, this shampoo did add noticeable volume and didn't strip my hair color.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2013 4:41:00 PM More reviews by izzybella

Unfortunately for me, this shampoo didn't do much volumizing but it did dry out my hair and make it frizzy and tangled. Too bad, because you can get it for a steal at Costco and it smells good. For reference, I have long, fine, slightly wavy hair that's not color-treated.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/7/2013 11:54:00 AM More reviews by BrittaBot

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've used this shampoo for weeks, and I think it's a good choice for fine hair. My hair is long, fine, wavy, and on the oily and/or frizzy side with the wrong products. Diametress leaves me with clean, soft, bouncy hair that doesn't look heavy and gunky the day after a wash.

The formula and feel of this shampoo is a bit different. It looks similar to honey, clear and golden, and when it dispenses into the hand, it kind of adheres to itself (like mercury). The smell is fine and is neither here nor there for me. The lather is the only thing I feel could be improved–it doesn't suds as much as other shampoos, and I have to take extra care to work it into my roots to make sure my scalp and all my hair is cleaned thoroughly. It rinses cleanly and doesn't strip my hair or coat it, and when followed by Biolage Detangling, my hair is voluminous all day, which is saying something because my hair is ridiculously thin (the circumference of my ponytails at the band are probably close to that of a quarter, or smaller).

I used to avoid bodifying shampoos because I thought they would just exacerbate the natural frizz of my hair, but surprisingly, this product hasn't done that. In fact, it leaves my hair quite a bit smoother than other shampoos I've used. I don't have color-treated hair, so I can't speak to how well this product preserves color (or doesn't). For me, this shampoo is good enough to be used every day, and I know I'll finish the bottle and consider buying it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2012 4:17:00 PM More reviews by Bernie440

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is the best shampoo for my fine stick straight hair. I use with the matching conditioner. I wash and condition my hair daily and this combo does the trick. My hair feels and appears fuller and has more body.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/4/2012 10:13:00 PM More reviews by YearoftheTiger

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I liked it. I do use it with the matching conditioner. With age my hair has become a bit thin and when I use the two together I feel like my hair looks normal again. It didn't make my hair feel crazy thick or anything-just more full and more body.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2012 3:35:00 PM More reviews by annieissoawesome

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

First off, my hair is already pretty thick and healthy. I've never had problems with dry, thin, or damaged hair because my hair has never been color treated and I don't use heat very often. Typically, I would just pick up a random drugstore shampoo and conditioner, but I was curious, so I bought this shampoo and it's conditioner.

Let me just say that this shampoo improved my hair. I have never felt any difference in my hair when I used other shampoos, but the Diametress shampoo made my hair feel silkier and smoother. I can't really say anything about thickening since my hair is already quite thick (It's asian, so I have individually thick strands), but I am impressed, because I have used many shampoos and none of them have done any noticeable improvement.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/11/2012 4:56:00 PM More reviews by abusleb

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Didn't do anything to my hair. Not worth the money. Also was very drying, from the first time.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2011 6:00:00 PM More reviews by SantaBarbaraBeauty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

For someone with straight, fine hair, who is OBSESSED with gaining some volume, at any price, you can trust me - this shampoo is worth a try! I use it all the time now, for about a year. I've switched up once or twice for a day or two, to try samples I've received, but always go back to Diametress. It gives me good volume without stripping my hair, and I use it with a little bit of light conditioner (color assure by Nexxus) and that seems to be a combo that works for me. I have bangs and sometimes they get greasy looking toward the end of the day, but a little dry shampoo perks them up.

I've tried Fekkai, Blandi, Phyto, Rene Futerer, all the pricey volume shampoos, and I can honestly say this $17 product has worked better for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/10/2010 10:06:00 PM More reviews by lstk8888

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I used to use Nexxus Diametress, for years! I LOVED it!!! And their other products. Diametress was the best thing for fine textured hair. Then they changed it. Actually a few times. I have the list of ingredients of the old formula that worked great. I keep looking for bottles of that formula. I've contacted the company to complain. They said they tested it on people and the people loved it. Maybe the way they test their products is flawed. The new formula is no better then the cheapest shampoos on the market. Yet the cost is still the same, around $13 a bottle or more. Very disappointing, very frustrating. If anyone knows a good substitute shampoo for fine hair, please let me know. If you want the list of ingredients for the older, wonderful formula, let me know and I'll send you a copy.