November 24, 2014 | 1767 users online

BB Cream - Ponds - Luminous Finish BB+

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2014 5:37:00 AM More reviews by Alexir

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Silver, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought medium which looked dark in the tube, but was perfect on my skin. Love this, it gives my skin a healthy glow, with enough coverage to hide some of my darker spots. My skin stays hydrated but does not become oily. Great for days when you just want light coverage but still look great.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/21/2014 2:05:00 PM More reviews by bellavee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I bought this on a whim one day because although I love makeup, I really like the no-makeup look some days and wanted something with light coverage. This was exactly what I was looking for. It blends like a dream, the color match was spot on, and it very lightweight yet covers imperfections. I don't have any pimples so I can't vouch for the coverage on that, but I have huge obnoxious pores that were blended into oblivion with this BB cream. The only downfall is because of my ridiculously oily skin, the matte finish doesn't last very long. Maybe 3 hours. But even still, it never looks blotchy or unnatural. It would probably be perfect if my skin was normal or even combination, but I still really enjoy this product and will buy again when I run out for my no-makeup makeup lazy.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2014 1:19:00 AM More reviews by booboondoll

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Smells perfumey. Covers any imperfections like a thin bb cream. Didn't notice better skin by the end of using this at all but gets the job done. I had no skin irritation and am highly sensitive to everything.

Kind of feels dry on skin, so apply moisturizer be for applying and powder after.

Also, btw, purchase a light and medium to blend to get your right match.

Will definitely repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/14/2014 12:04:00 PM More reviews by KimKim236

I've used Korean BB creams before this and I absolutely love it. I'm on my third or fourth tube right now. If you've used Asian BB creams before, you'll find the consistency of Ponds BB cream to be fairly similar. It's a little thick and creamy, like Asian BB creams, so apply it a little bit at a time to avoid caking. Don't let the consistency scare you. It will thin out with blending using your fingers, brush, or sponge. The product applies very smoothly. I like to use my fingers because it warms the product. I haven't used any other method because I like the finish I get when using my fingers. The only downside is that shades are very limited. They have light and medium. I use fair. The coverage isn't up to par with Korean BB creams however.. It won't cover major blemishes. It really just kind of blurs imperfections and evens out your skin tone. I don't have acne, just some sun freckles, so I get enough coverage. This BB cream is moisturizing, so I wouldn't recommend it for someone with really oily skin. I tend to use this more during the fall, winter, and early spring because it's moisturizing. This was available at Walmart, but I can only find it in Walgreens now. So purchasing this in store is another downside for me. Other than that, I love it and will be buying again very soon. If you love Korean BB creams, give this a try, especially if you have some available near you.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/13/2014 3:40:00 AM More reviews by DeLacy

While I hate the packaging, I find that this holds its own against far more expensive BB creams, including a few korean formulas.

It blends easily and looks naturally, lending a slight brightening effect to my face.

Both shades have neutral undertones that perhaps lean slightly pink. Unfortunately, the shade range makes this impossible to wear for a good majority of the population.

The smell is not displeasant and disappears in under 5 minutes.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/9/2014 12:21:00 AM More reviews by vivian308

This is a very good bb cream..coverage is excellent and it gives a very good dewy natural finish...however the medium color was kind of dark for me...however very good product for the price and it doesn't break me out either

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2014 10:08:00 PM More reviews by brooke2010

I really love this BB cream. I like to wear it on good skin days when I don't require a lot of coverage. It has a nice texture that's pretty thick for a BB cream but doesn't cake up or anything. I really love it. I set it with powder and I am usually pretty good to go for a few hours. I do get oily a little quicker if I wear this instead of regular foundation, but it doesn't really bother me. Plus the light shade matches me perfectly.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/21/2014 1:22:00 PM More reviews by CharacterofLife

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this stuff! It's my go-to if I want to keep my fine lines around my eyes at a minimum, if I want my coverage to actually moisturize, and for at least a little sunscreen coverage.

I mix the light & medium shade together in a small travel container and that works well for getting a near match and for convenience. It still doesn't match. but it's good enough. I love the way this feels on my skin, it really does feel like a lotion that jut sets in. I wish it had more coverage and the finish wasn't so luminous (yea, I know, I know... it's in the title),, but I know if it weren't as luminous then maybe those lines would reappear... oh my.

I wish this had a little more coverage (I spot cover w/Revlon CS Foundation), came in more shades, & was easier to find, but even with those 2 cons this is a keeper! It just feels so good...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2014 8:12:00 PM More reviews by andToto2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

The primary reason I bought this was to try and lighten the discoloration I have mostly on the left side of my face. I sadly realized recently that I have not been doing a very good job with sunscreen, and I am sure the left side was affected so much from driving. (I rarely spend time outside in the sun--I hate being in the sun.) I haven't like the BB creams I have tried, they always have felt too greasy. This one really isn't too greasy. I was shocked to see that within two weeks the spots/discoloration were getting lighter. I have continued to use it, and they really are going away.

I also am really impressed with how this makes my skin look while wearing it. A beautiful finish, natural and pretty, with a medium coverage. I do finish it with powder about half of the time I use it.

I apply it with my fingers. For this product, I find that works best for me. I am so glad I tried it, and will definitely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/14/2014 7:48:00 PM More reviews by RoseRossetto94

The good-

This is the best drugstore BB cream I've used, the texture is smooth and blends well. The pigment of this cream is a natural tone as opposed to other BB creams I've used, which have an unnatural orangley color. I also like that it is non-comedogenic, so my pores won't clog. I have very oily skin and this keeps my face matte through the whole day I'm at work. The coverage is light to medium, which is good since I was looking for natural coverage. This covers the redness and unevenness on my face well, but it does not cover blemishes or dark spots. I also appreciate this has SPF 15.

The bad-

This product claims to be formulated to correct visible dark spots in 2 weeks, which is a bunch of BS. This BB cream (along with most others) are just marketing hype. BB creams from the U.S. are similar to tinted moisturizers, whereas BB creams from Asia are generally thicker and have a high SPF rating. Besides sun protection, this does not include beneficial ingredients like antioxidants or skin-lightening agents. The scent smells nice and florally, but the high amount of fragrance in this product contains is the only downside for me. I will not buy again only due to the high amount of fragrance.