July 23, 2014 | 1410 users online

BB Cream - Ponds - Luminous Finish BB+

rated 3 of 5 on 6/30/2014 12:08:00 AM More reviews by littledeschutes

bottom line: not a fan

I have fair skin and the lightest shade blends in nicely with my skin tone but it doesn't have good coverage at all

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2014 10:54:00 AM More reviews by nailpolishadict7654

This stuff has a surprising amount of coverage Not sheer but not quite medium either. It is not really matte, even after it dries, but I do have oily skin, so maybe it is just me. With out powder it looks very natural but with a little shine since it's a little dewy. It has great staying power.

I was outside on a really hot humid day for about 5 hours on a trampoline. I was sweating like you wouldn't believe and when I got back inside I looked in the mirror and it was still mostly in place!

I need a little concealer to completely cover my acne, but it is a bb cream so I expected that.

This is my first bb cream just fyi

I won't repurchase just because there are so many others out there that I would like to try.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2014 3:08:00 AM More reviews by janis13

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Best ever over any foundation I've used. moisturize, prime, apply. Rub between hands to warm up and spread easily. don't need much for whole face. top off with light powder. light, non clumping, doesn't accumulate around nose or settlev in pores or lines. simple and effective packing. Using light for my medium skin tone. Live the simplicity, moderate coverage, ease of use.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/10/2014 8:49:00 PM More reviews by snrocinu

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

Left my face feeling sticky and greasy. Reeks of sunscreen and perfume. Easily wipes off and looks streaky after a few hours.

The "light" shade has a slight grey tinge and made my face look dirty/sickly.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2014 5:12:00 PM More reviews by MeggieStrange

I LOVE this! Definitely my go to BB Cream. It's actually the only BB cream that I've tried that matches my skin tone. Others are always too pink toned. I have combo skin and this was great for my dryness but it did make me a little shiney throughout the day. (But it does clearly say Luminous Finish)
Overall, I think it's a great product. Especially if you have very pale skin. The packaging is good. It's a thick consistency so it doesn't just spew out of the squeezy tube that it comes in.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/4/2014 2:27:00 AM More reviews by ivanamandias

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I picked up a small tube of this at the grocer's in the hopes that I one day would find a solid BB cream that's cheap, but most importantly- good! This BB cream is just that!
I needed a BB cream in a shade that would temporarily substitute for my foundation (Covergirl 3-in-1 Outlast Stay Fab in 857 Golden Tan) because my skin tone got a little lighter through the months. I am in the shade 'Beige', and it is a good match, yellow tinge and everything, which was wonderful as most BB creams are available in a couple of fair shades that would leave someone like me with ashy looking skin.
The texture of the cream itself is quite thick, and truly creamy rather than fluid, like most BB creams are. However, don't let it's creaminess fool you! It's dandy to blend into your skin with, and doesn't cling onto the dry patches of skin! It moisturises adequately, so I am able to wear this alone, without a separate moisturiser underneath it. The cream takes a while to dry, but once it does it looks completely natural.
The coverage of the BB cream is moderate. My skin has hyper-pigmentation, so there are plenty acne scars and marks to cover up. The cream doesn't completely mask these flaws, but it does fade them; so if you don't look too closely, you won't be able to see them!
The packaging of this product is a generic plastic tube, and the cream itself has a mild scent to it. The only issue I have with the product is that it stays put on your fingers after application, but I find that it happens with other BB creams too.

Overall, I think this Pond's BB cream is a bang for your buck. It's a good BB cream if you're looking for one that's natural looking and fresh- rather than flawless and matte. Plus points for not clinging onto dry patches of skin and a good difference between one shade to the other.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2014 2:36:00 PM More reviews by LaLa6699

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

A-MAZING! Perfect for my skin tone and I am one pale girl! No problems with streaking or rubbing off throughout the day. I apply this with a brush and then put powder on top of it.
The color is super light so if you are looking for more of a foundation, this is not for you.
If you just want to add a even glow/tone to your face, this is for you.
I believe this cost around $9-$15 but it is well worth every penny.

As far as smell, there really is not one and as for oil, that is not a problem either. Hope I helped!! :-D

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 5/8/2014 10:10:00 PM More reviews by mmyao24

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm glad this is a thicker consistency bb cream, like the ones in Asia, but for me that just proves it's really hard to blend and to spread across your face and you just end up wasting a lot of product.
Pros:
Nice smell (just like my burts bees cleanser lol)
Beautiful packaging
SPF
And that's about it
Cons:
Was too BROWN for my skin tone so I had to mix it with my L'oreal bb cream which is lighter
Thick texture made it hard for me to spread across my face so I had to reapply
Doesn't moisturize like the package claims, nor does it correct skin tone
So even though I had high hopes for this bb, I'm just going to end up wasting it all and then switching back to L'oreal.
So yeah.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2014 6:42:00 PM More reviews by abfabjeanius

After seeing all of the rave reviews on this, I picked up the Light shade. For reference I am NC20ish in MAC with combination sensitive skin. PROS: (1) Nice texture - decently thick but lightweight; (2) Seemed to blend in ok with my skin. CONS: (1) Low SPF for a BB cream; although I usually use a separate sunscreen, when I am in a hurry, I prefer a true one-step product; (2) Very strong floral fragrance; (3) Coverage was not great and seemed to "melt" off my face by afternoon, and I had heavy oil breakthrough; (4) No shade for darker skintones. I paid $12.99 for this, and while not a complete waste of money, I think I will stick with the Korean BB Cushion products (currently offered by Laneige, IOPE, Amorepacific, Etude House), as they offer high sun protection, good coverage, a lightweight texture, and skin benefits.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2014 1:09:00 AM More reviews by mfguille

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

So I had initially bought this in Light Medium for myself back when it first came out. I remember really liking it, but then the Covergirl Outlast 3-in-1 came out and although the Covergirl one is a lot heavier than this BB cream, my skin was not t it's best and I needed more coverage, so I stuck with the Covergirl foundation an give this to my mom who doesn't really wear makeup. She loved it, and now that my skin is a lot better (eating healthy, working out and Pond's Clarant B3 moisturizer!) I am kicking myself for not having kept it. I'm definitely going to buy myself one! I love it!!! It was a super hot day, in the 90s, I only wore this, mascara and eyebrow pencil and my skin looked and felt amazing. I have oily skin, with dark spots and redness, as well a a couple breakouts and this made my face look nearly perfect. It has a natural matte finish, lasts at least half a day on me, doesn't make me look oily, if anything it ends up looking dewy-which is different from oily. I love it SO much. I like Ponds products in general, especially for oily skin people on my opinion. I dare say this is one if not THE best BB cream in the US market. It just sucks I can only get it at Walgreens cause its the only store around and it's $13 but for what you get it's still ok I guess, but if you can get it for ten bucks definitely try it out!
***I uploaded a full face picture, I am only wearing this (as far as face) no concealer or anything and I got light coverage but it still evened out my skin and diminished the appearance of dark spots and redness***

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No