Ponds Luminous Finish BB+

Active: Octinoxate 7.49%, Zinc Oxide 5.12% Inactive: Water, cyclopentasiloxane, dimethicone crosspolymer, titanium dioxide, glycerin, niacinamide, potassium chloride, PEG-10 dimethicone, dicaprylyl carbonate, allantoin, zingiber officanle (ginger) root extract, tocopherol, bisabolol, cholesterol, tocopherol acetate, magnesium sulfate, disteardimonium hectorite, stearic acid, fragrance, DMDM hydantoin, sucrose distearate, alumina, disodium EDTA, dimethicone, iodopropynyl butylcarbamate , iron oxides (CI 77491), iron oxides (CI 77492), iron oxides (CI 77499)

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I really really want to like this: it is the first American BB cream I tried and it is really not bad. I got the shade "light", and though it is a bit too pink for me it is not obvious. The coverage is good, it is very light-weight and moisturizing. The texture is gel like and it feels very nice.
Problem? The fragrance. The fragrance is actually very nice. It is a floral scent that does not really bother me. It really bothers my skin though. Irritated my skin and caused break outs.
So if Ponds could take the fragrance out it will be perfection for me...but for now...I trashed it.

on 3/29/2015 11:15:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Full disclosure: I'd never heard of this product before I found MUA!

Because I'm so easily influenced by others, I bought one. And then went back and bought two more.

I really, really like this. The first time I used it, I didn't bother with a primer and I didn't use powder. As might be expected, after about 4 hours I ended up with Shiny Nose Syndrome (easily treatable by the prompt use of oil-absorbing tissue thingies - I happened to have a little packet right next to me). The second time I used my ELF HD powder and spritzed some setting spray on and it lasted the day.

This BB cream is really something else. It gives more coverage than I expected, to the point where I didn't need to use concealer at all other than my little tube of green goodness (to combat redness not caused by scarlet fever. No, seriously, I have redness but I also had scarlet fever as a child which turned into rheumatic fever and as a result I should have regular echocardiograms to check my valves. That's wtmi, isn't it? Gawd I'm rambling again. Sorry 'bout that).

Totally forgot where I was going with this.

The price is more than reasonable - I got a 2-pack for $10 from That Huge Book Seller Which Now Owns Everything In The World Ever. Otherwise you can find a single tube for about $8 or so.

So ultimately, if you're looking for medium coverage that's not likely to irritate sensitive skin and doesn't cake (and that's a huge thing for me), give it a shot. I think you'll like it

The only negative really is the shading - as far as I can tell, there isn't a whole heck of a lot of choice, specially for darker skinned ladies.

I absolutely LOVE this BB cream. I have used several other brands and saw this when I was at Meijer. It was on clearance for 75% off for $2. I bought it and brought it home to try. When I tried it at home, I was so impressed with the product that I zipped back to Meijer to buy the rest in my shade. There were 5 left at $2 each. Woohoo! The consistency is creamy and it is slightly more pigmented than other BB creams. It glides on and never cakes and it stays on all day. I have gotten so many compliments. Good stuff!!

on 3/1/2015 4:54:00 PM

Hair: Red, Other, Medium

I really hope they're not discontinuing this, because I love it. It has become my go-to foundation replacement in the morning, unless for some particular reason I need "real makeup."

I like the packaging - a flattish tube with a small pinpoint opening. Very precise. The product itself is creamy, not runny. I find that it smooths over my face and blends very easily. It doesn't turn orange!

I do use powder over it. I haven't noticed any glitter, but in general I'll prefer something "luminous" to something "matte." With this combination, I've gotten compliments on how nice my skin is. That's probably a matter of the retinol I've been using for the past year, but it's great to be able to use something so lightweight instead of heavy foundation.

on 2/26/2015 7:13:00 AM

Love this stuff. Covers redness, and makes my skin glow. The only downside is the strong perfum-ey smell. Of course, now that I have found a drugstore BB cream that I like, Ponds has decided to discontinue it. Time to stalk Big Lots, I suppose...

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I bought this for $2 at Walgreens. Then again for about $3 at CVS, once I realized I REALLY LIKED IT, and the scarily low price must mean it was being discontinued. It applies super easily with fingertips, gives a nice even finish to the face (a bit of MAC MSFN actually makes things pretty flawless without looking overly done,) and best of all? No breakouts, even when I am too lazy to wash my face (or unexpectedly staying over at a new fella's house and do not have my arsenal of skincare at the ready.)

If you have light skin (mine is NW20, quite pale right meow in the winter months,) the light shade should do you just fine, and the clearance price is a freaking steeeeeal.

on 2/15/2015 3:05:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Someone please help! Is this bb cream being discontinued?? This is my HG bb cream and I don't know what I would do without it. Anyone know?

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I liked the coverage of the product (slightly more than I'd expect from a BB cream) and the way it applied, but it was very drying, made my face look cakey and "dusty", and broke me out before the end of the day. I would not recommend this for very dry sensitive skin.

on 1/31/2015 11:59:00 PM

I've been using this for MONTHS now and can safely safe I won't use anything else. I am OBSESSED! I purchased 4 at a time online because I couldn't find them at target anymore.. I have been using this daily as my go to for daily makeup coverage. I have been recently very into the whole "dewy/glowy" skin "no makeup" look and this does exactly that. I have combo skin, dry cheeks and oily tzone. By the EOD my zone is a little oily but nothing that a blotting sheet can't fix. I love it because it looks very natural and very dewy. Evens out my skin. At times when I want more coverage and try on foundations, I immediately just go back to this. It just makes your skin look gorgeous. I am very very fair and have the lightest shade obviously, it has a tad of a gray cast but powder/bronzer/etc helps get rid of that.

on 1/24/2015 12:32:00 PM

My favorite drugstore bb cream for my dry skin. It is very dewy which is great for me. I wear it on days when I just want to throw something on with no fuss. I wear light and it matches my nw15 skin tone great. I do feel it looks a little grey at times but bronzer/blush fixes that.