July 31, 2014 | 1760 users online

BB Cream - Ponds - Luminous Finish BB+

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2014 1:42:00 AM More reviews by Missbutterfly201

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I gave this bb cream a 5/5 because I LOVE this stuff! I'm a teen & I have a hard time finding face coverage products because everytime I try one it turns out cakey or dry looking even if I put on lotion & a primer. So before school starts back up I was on an Internet Hunt to find a new face product that would feel light but also give me good coverage and wouldntlook cakey. I watched Youtube videos on this product and read reviews on this and a lot of people said this was awesome! So I decided to give it a try. I found this at target for $6.98. YES $6.98! It's usually $10-$11 but they had the bb cream on clearance for some reason! I got the color light. The bad thing is there is only like 2 or 3 shades. So if you are an Inbetween Shade you might need bronzer. So here's how I applied it, I 1st moisturized my face and then I just squeezed a dime size amount on my finger. I dotted it on my face and then patted it in with my fingers and VOILA! A smooth flawless finish! I was so suprised on how this looks on me. It looked a little dewy so I added a dusting of my rimmel stay matte powder over it and the finish was great!!

I love the packaging, the finish of this product, the smell of it & the color matched pretty well to my skin. Overall I will buy this again! (:

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2014 8:50:00 PM More reviews by lulu56

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Silver, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I ran out of my Lumene BB cream and saw this in Walgreen's. It is a lot cheaper and it does not smell like the Lumene. Lumene has me looking greasy lately and was tired of the smell. I am surprised that this went on smoothly and dried almost matte, yet it also gave me a glow and it stayed on better. I also like it has mineral sunscreen. I bought the medium shade and matched my skin perfectly. Love the flat tube and it doesn't leak. Would buy again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2014 6:07:00 PM More reviews by maria526

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my new favorite BB. I'd been using Garnier, always going back to it after trying a few others. I'm not going back to it this time. Ponds Luminous Finish really does leave a luminous finish, which I love, with none of that shimmery stuff that I hate. It goes on well and blends easily, though it's a little more sheer than Garnier. (That's OK with me.) It seems to be more moisturizing than any other BB I've tried, and it stays put pretty much all day, without settling into my fine lines, even when I use sunscreen under it. The light shade is perfect on my medium skin most of the year, but in the summer my face gets a little darker, so I've switched to the medium shade for now; I'll go back to the lighter one when my skin fades back to its natural color in the fall. I'll definitely buy again.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/23/2014 5:39:00 PM More reviews by Maddicakes

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Sticky, sticky, sticky. Good color, and felt good going on, but no matter how thin I applied it, it felt wet. My hair stuck to my face if the wind was blowing. Ick. So disappointed.

The color was so nice, and if it had "dried" a bit or absorbed, I would have used it. Into the trash it went.

One star for good color.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/30/2014 12:08:00 AM More reviews by littledeschutes

bottom line: not a fan

I have fair skin and the lightest shade blends in nicely with my skin tone but it doesn't have good coverage at all

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2014 10:54:00 AM More reviews by nailpolishadict7654

This stuff has a surprising amount of coverage Not sheer but not quite medium either. It is not really matte, even after it dries, but I do have oily skin, so maybe it is just me. With out powder it looks very natural but with a little shine since it's a little dewy. It has great staying power.

I was outside on a really hot humid day for about 5 hours on a trampoline. I was sweating like you wouldn't believe and when I got back inside I looked in the mirror and it was still mostly in place!

I need a little concealer to completely cover my acne, but it is a bb cream so I expected that.

This is my first bb cream just fyi

I won't repurchase just because there are so many others out there that I would like to try.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2014 3:08:00 AM More reviews by janis13

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Best ever over any foundation I've used. moisturize, prime, apply. Rub between hands to warm up and spread easily. don't need much for whole face. top off with light powder. light, non clumping, doesn't accumulate around nose or settlev in pores or lines. simple and effective packing. Using light for my medium skin tone. Live the simplicity, moderate coverage, ease of use.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 6/10/2014 8:49:00 PM More reviews by snrocinu

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

Left my face feeling sticky and greasy. Reeks of sunscreen and perfume. Easily wipes off and looks streaky after a few hours.

The "light" shade has a slight grey tinge and made my face look dirty/sickly.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2014 5:12:00 PM More reviews by MeggieStrange

I LOVE this! Definitely my go to BB Cream. It's actually the only BB cream that I've tried that matches my skin tone. Others are always too pink toned. I have combo skin and this was great for my dryness but it did make me a little shiney throughout the day. (But it does clearly say Luminous Finish)
Overall, I think it's a great product. Especially if you have very pale skin. The packaging is good. It's a thick consistency so it doesn't just spew out of the squeezy tube that it comes in.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/4/2014 2:27:00 AM More reviews by ivanamandias

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I picked up a small tube of this at the grocer's in the hopes that I one day would find a solid BB cream that's cheap, but most importantly- good! This BB cream is just that!
I needed a BB cream in a shade that would temporarily substitute for my foundation (Covergirl 3-in-1 Outlast Stay Fab in 857 Golden Tan) because my skin tone got a little lighter through the months. I am in the shade 'Beige', and it is a good match, yellow tinge and everything, which was wonderful as most BB creams are available in a couple of fair shades that would leave someone like me with ashy looking skin.
The texture of the cream itself is quite thick, and truly creamy rather than fluid, like most BB creams are. However, don't let it's creaminess fool you! It's dandy to blend into your skin with, and doesn't cling onto the dry patches of skin! It moisturises adequately, so I am able to wear this alone, without a separate moisturiser underneath it. The cream takes a while to dry, but once it does it looks completely natural.
The coverage of the BB cream is moderate. My skin has hyper-pigmentation, so there are plenty acne scars and marks to cover up. The cream doesn't completely mask these flaws, but it does fade them; so if you don't look too closely, you won't be able to see them!
The packaging of this product is a generic plastic tube, and the cream itself has a mild scent to it. The only issue I have with the product is that it stays put on your fingers after application, but I find that it happens with other BB creams too.

Overall, I think this Pond's BB cream is a bang for your buck. It's a good BB cream if you're looking for one that's natural looking and fresh- rather than flawless and matte. Plus points for not clinging onto dry patches of skin and a good difference between one shade to the other.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No