Sephora Perfection Mist Airbrush Foundation

4.4

Isobutane, Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Butane, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Peg/Ppg-20/15 Dimethicone, Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Peg/Ppg-18/18 Dimethicone, Dimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Iron Oxides (Ci 77492), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Polyglyceryl-4-Isostearate, Cetyl Peg/Ppg 10/1 Dimethicone, Hexyl Laurate, Phenoxyethanol, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethiconol, Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Propylene Carbonate, Iron Oxide (Ci 77491), Hexylene Glycol, Iron Oxides (Ci 77499), Anthemis Nobilis (Chamomile) Flower Extract, Corallina Officinalis (Red Seaweed) Extract, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Carbomer, Polysorbate 20, Tocopherol, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7.

on 3/18/2015 2:14:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I bought this after reading all the awesome reviews but it didn't work for me. I have a super oily t zone, and this foundation just didn't work. It has a beautiful finish and feels so nice and silky on the skin, but after a few hours of wearing it omg my skin looked like I had been running for miles it was horrible.it may be good for maybe 3-4 hours, but not for long wear, atleast for me it didn't work.

on 3/9/2015 12:57:00 PM

This product was horrible. It rubbed off if I even lightly brushed my face with my sleeve. I wouldn't even dare trying to hug someone with this on. Although the coverage was light and gave a nice finish, the fact that it took less than a second to rub off even after setting it with powder was a huge turn off. I returned this after only a few days of having it. Will never ever ever buy this product again and I most certainly do not recommend it.

on 2/28/2015 5:00:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I think this maybe my all-time favorite foundation.

My skintone is NC20 - NC25 with strong yellow undertone. Fawn is a near perfect match for me. Before Fawn was available, I was using Dior Airflash in Linen. The two foundations are very, very similar. Dior Airflash has a dewier finish. Sephora has more of a satin matte finish.

Application method: spray directly on face. I have dry, sensitive skin with mild rosacea. So the less I touch / rub my skin, the better. Also I feel spraying onto a brush / sponge then apply to face kind of defeats the purpose of a spray foundation. After all, it's suppose to mimic an airbrush machine.

So I drape a towel over my hair and spray the foundation directly onto my face in a Z pattern. Then I take MAC stippling brush and lightly swirl it all over my face before the foundation sets. That's it, takes about 5 secs to have a flawless, airbrushed finish.

continued >>

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I am giving this 5 lippies considering the price. I think it is the best foundation under $30 but there are better, more expensive ones. It does a great job for the price.

on 2/8/2015 11:13:00 AM

Amazing foundation. Really nice medium coverage. I spray the product directly onto a round buffing brush like the RT one and then just buff it in. It goes on and blends quickly - it does dry and set rather quick-not surprising since you're putting such a tiny thin layer on. It is super fast to throw your face on and so convenient. The shade match is fair - I wear the medium shade and find it fairly suitable for my NC35 skin. It definitely gives a matte finish so if you're into something dewy or luminous this wouldn't be as good - but you can always put some highlighter if that's your thing. No need to set this with powder, I would say it does cling a bit to dry patches if you're not well moisturized. I think it does oxidize a touch on my skin but I don't wear primer or anything and I have normal-mildly combo skin. Would recommend you give this a go especially if you don't have a lot of time to get ready!

I love this product! I can't tell the difference between this and the Christian Dior air flash. It's amazing and keeps me oil free all day.

on 1/29/2015 5:54:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

perfect for weddings and special event wouldnt wear it on a everyday thing tbh
easy to use and makes you look so flawless and makes your skin look and feel healthy
the texture is light and it doesnt feel as though you have much make up on.
for the price i think there should be more of it.

on 1/6/2015 6:00:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I really wanted to love this foundation, I put it on and loved it at first, after a while I noticed it essentuated my pores and they looked beyond huge. I did moisturize and prime my skin. it didn't make me super oily although there was some shine seeking through.
I will probably keep trying this foundation and hopefully get to love it like I want to.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

It's about time I wrote a review for this, because this has been a savior for my dry winter skin this season. Where my other usual foundations started to show dryness, this one just rests comfortably on the skin and lasts all day without issues. The fair shade is a very good skin tone match for me, and with just a little bit of practice (this is my first spray foundation) it's quite easy to use. I spray this on primarily the outer edges of my face, and the middle of my forehead and chin (not breathing in, because the fumes are noticeable for a second and I don't want this in my lungs), then blend it out to the rest of my face with a brush. You can spray a tiny bit for very minor coverage, or easily build it up by just spraying more on the areas you need to. I love how well this covers all my redness while not collecting in or exaggerating any spots, pores or other unevenness. It can look a bit shiny so I usually add a quick veil of powder, and I'm done.
When I first received this, I was concerned that it wouldn't last very long because it felt so lightweight, but now about halfway through the bottle, I feel that it will last just as long as a typical 1oz of foundation.
One thing I noticed was that, in my limited experience, I don't think natural hair brushes will work great with this if you want coverage. Both of my natural foundation brushes ate this stuff up and absorbed a lot of product, making it very hard to build up coverage and even cover basic redness. A cheaper, synthetic foundation brush blended it out beautifully while not detrimentally absorbing the product. This is more an issue with the brush than the product itself, but I thought it was worth noting.

on 11/24/2014 7:48:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I purchased this foundation on a whim in the lightest shade. Originally I tried spraying it directly onto my face and stippling it on with a beauty blender, but in doing so, much of the product is wasted because it is such a fine mist. It is much more effective to spray it directly onto a beauty blender and stipple. It also applied well with the Real Techniques flat-topped foundation brush (the one that comes in a kit and has an orange handle).

This is a favorite foundation of mine for four reasons: it is a very good color match for my neutral skin tone, the fairest color is ACTUALLY fair, it provides buildable coverage, and it leaves a skin-like finish. This foundation was also reasonably priced.

I disliked the spray-application in the end- it was messy and ended up on any clothes i may have been wearing. Another negative was that the can did not last very long, maybe 3-4 weeks with daily use. Typically a similar size foundation will last around 2-3 months.

Overall I would purchase this again, and I would reccomend to others (especially if you had a good color match in the limited shade range).

Video Reviews & Tutorials