April 17, 2014 | 1745 users online

Liquid - Sephora - Perfection Mist Airbrush Foundation

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2014 5:51:00 AM More reviews by UrbanObsession

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This mist foundation was fun to try, but I still prefer my $4 WnW coverall and it's much cheaper. The reason why I won't repurchase is due to the tricky application. It sets really quickly on my skin and if you don't blend right away then it looks cakey and leaves obvious makeup lines behind.

The shade Medium is a great match for my NC25 skin tone, you shake the bottle for 5 seconds then mist 6-10 inches away from your face. I like to use a stipple brush to seamlessly blend it into my skin and the coverage is really impressive- I'd say medium to full. My acne scars are transformed into clear, luminous skin with this on:)) I noticed this needs to be blended like a mofo or it looks like I'm wearing a mask just fyi, there have been a few days where I got to work and realized it wasn't fully rubbed in!

The overall finish of Perfection Mist is straight up beautiful. Demi-matte so your natural skin glows through! LOVE! Lasts a while too---8ish hours before it fades and I don't notice any oxidation woot woot! I'm satisfied with my purchase and save this foundation for special occasion uses when I want more coverage. A bit heavy for everyday use imo, but to each their own. I'm very sensitive and haven't noticed any breakouts so I think this is safe for acne-prone and easily irritated skintypes.

Warning: Put on a headband and pull your hair back whenever you apply this! I made the mistake of hurrying through my routine and left my hair loose...huge mistake!! I thought I was being careful but makeup got all up in my hair and it doesn't wash out easily, trust me. It gave my brown tresses frosted ends lol not a good look!!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/13/2014 10:42:00 PM More reviews by Kiwipop

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This foundation is really nice for people who have smooth skin texture. If you have any kind of dry patches (I had some due to benzoyl peroxide), it will emphasize them. Coverage is buildable to medium I would say, but not full coverage by any means.

Spraying directly on the face is messy, and when I use it with a brush I feel like I'm using up more product as I have to spray the brush about 3-4 times to get even coverage on my face. This was expensive in Canada for $35!

Read my full review here:

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2014 3:05:00 PM More reviews by OliveButtercup

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a really nice foundation for oily skin. I thought because it was so thin it would be really oily on me, but quite the opposite! It actually gives my super oily skin a nice demi-matte finish. I sprayed it directly onto my bare skin right before getting in the shower because I was super excited to test it out. It instantly made my skin look airbrushed and flawless, I didn't even want to wash it off. I applied it a few hours later with moisturizer + primer + powder and it looks about the same, I honestly think I could skip the primer with this foundation. I like to spray it on and then blend it with my UD optical blurring brush. It feels so light but covers really well. Plus this is the only foundation that does not cause my ANY breakouts, I actually think it is clearing up my skin. Most of the time I have to give my skin a break from foundation every few days but this one I can wear every day with no problems. I think a lot of other brands are going to eventually come out with a similar product.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/9/2014 1:53:00 AM More reviews by christinemclaughlin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Unfortunately, I didn't enjoy this foundation as much as some other reviewers here. I really wanted to! However, I found that as it settled, it gets really caked-on looking and mask-like, even when I barely applied any product - and used a beauty blender. In natural light it just doesn't look good. It had a really 'thick' powdery look to it that was not flattering.

The good: It feels like you're not wearing any makeup - goes on very light. It will not make your skin oily at all. You only need a small amount of product. It does have very good coverage too- medium to full. You'll only need concealer for darker blemishes and under your eyes with this.

It's not a terrible product by any means, and perhaps will be better for oily skin than dry - but I would not repurchase for myself.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2014 9:24:00 PM More reviews by Truthfinder

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Fine Eyes: Other

I have finally found my HG foundation! I have been using Sephora Perfection Mist Airbrush Foundation for over a month and it's safe to say I'm in love. I have very sensitive skin and prone to clogged pores and breakouts from my foundations, but so far I've been in the clear with this foundation.

I live in a very hot, humid climate so no foundation is going to leave me shine free for 8-12 hours, but I only have to blot a few times a day with this foundation. That's about as good as I could ever expect, but unlike many foundations that boast the provide long term shine protection, this one feels weightless on my skin even after a sweaty day of errands. There's no stickiness, no feeling like my face is suffocating under a mask, and the makeup doesn't cake, migrate or sweat off after a long afternoon out.

I spray the foundation directly on my face with a few short bursts around my face, then I buff it around with a kabuki brush. It really does look airbrushed, and it just looks better and better as the day goes on. It does set fairly quickly, so I have to be quick with the brush. It is very buildable.

I have fair, Irish skin and I'm religious about my sunscreen, so I usually buy the palest shades. I tested both the fair and light shades on the back of my hand in the store, and both blended very well. I could not get over how yellow the fair was on the label. I scrutinized and scrutinized my hand, and the fair only had a faint yellow tint on my hand where as the light was invisible. These shades are very similar. Ultimately the yellowishness scared me off and I went with the light. I was worried it would be too dark once I got home and used it on my whole face, but it is perfect.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2014 10:52:00 AM More reviews by DGoodine

This is the greatest makeup I have ever used. I have super oily, acne-prone skin, and this stuff makes me so happy! It doesn't break me out and it provides buildable coverage, for "those" days. I'm on my 4th bottle and will never stray from this foundation! The price is comparable to the foundation I used to use, and is incredibly affordable by Sephora standards.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2014 12:17:00 AM More reviews by cvictoria

I usually don't write reviews but this product is completely deserving of one. After one day of wearing it, I knew this was my HG foundation!

I have very oily skin and have recently been breaking out. Most of the time I will start getting oily and shiny after wearing my foundation for only an hour or two. But not with Sephora's Perfection Mist Airbrush foundation. Like many others, I came across this foundation after seeing itsjudytime's YouTube review and everything she mentioned is spot on. I wear this for over 8 hours and do not get the oilies. I spray it directly on my face in small sections at a time, then buff it in with a MAC 187 brush and I don't need too much to get good coverage. Luckily the medium shade is a perfect match for me but it would be nice for Sephora to come out with more selection of shades.

I am absolutely in love with this foundation!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2014 9:56:00 PM More reviews by TwinkleTwilight

Like many other people, I found out about this product through itsjudytime and initially I thought I wasn't going to like it because she didn't quite like how it got on her hair, but after trying it I absolutely LOVE this foundation. It helped fix virtually everything.

SUPER OILY SKIN: My face is horribly oily. I'll wear a regular liquid foundation and after one hour I'll be really shiny and my face is oily to the touch. With this Sephora foundation, I can go up to 10 hours without getting to even half of my oil before.

COVERAGE AND FLAWLESSNESS: This is buildable coverage so it covers all my stubborn acne and discolouration and the build-up doesn't feel cakey. Additionally, it looks the most natural and beautiful out of any foundation I've tried.

GETTING ON HAIR: I usually push my hair and bangs back with a thick headband and tie the rest in a ponytail and I have no problems with foundation on my hair.

EASY APPLICATION: You simply spray and blend. Most people use a brush to buff but I use my beauty blender and I get the same effect. When you initially spray it on, it already looks pretty good and settled and the additional blending is just to make it look a tiny bit better. The process is also pretty quick.

PRICE: Not a price tag that would make most people very happy (at $31 Canadian dollars) but given the quality of this product and how well it worked for me, I didn't reconsider when I repurchased.

Overall the best foundation I have used so far.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2014 5:22:00 PM More reviews by aznmnkygrl808

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

For reference: nc30-35, warm and yellow, oily

First of all, miss itsjudytime led me to this foundation. As for first impressions on makeup products, I trust her honest opinions and thoughts.

This foundation is amaze balls!!!!! For me it's medium coverage. You can build it up without it looking cakey. Right now I'm about nc30 and the shade "medium" is perfect for my skin tone.

Application: I tried spraying it on my face and then buffing it with a sigma f80. I've also tried spraying it on the back of my hand and then picking the product up with my f80. The first method was my favorite. Once you get the hang of the angles, it's not messy at all. Product comes out super cold, which I personally love :) This foundation sets quick so I like to buff in sections.

Finish: to me, it's matte with a powdery finish. As for oil control, this is amazing!!!! I do have combo/oily skin with an oily t-zone and with this foundation, I didn't have to blot or touch up with blot powder. (I wore foundation for about 8 hours). It does slowly wear off though but it still looks really good.

This foundation feels soooo light and natural on the skin yet it covers like revlon Colorstay which is pretty thick. Up close, you can tell that you're wearing makeup but it looks really nice in photos with no white cast.

I wish there were more shades in the line but I definitely would repurchase!!

Edit (3/10/14):
Still loving this foundation. I've been using this more than my Estée Lauder double wear for nights out :)

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2014 7:00:00 PM More reviews by NoSugarCoating

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

About a year ago I splurged and bought a Dinair Airbrush System. I really like it and it was worth the money, but the major downfall with it is that you have the clean it after every use and for me, it's a little more time consuming than what I like, so I don't use it very often. Since then, I've been searching for a regular foundation that will give me the same flawless look. I found (like most people) Dior's Airflash Foundation but there's no way I could justify to myself spending $62 on a foundation! I was really excited when I found this product because every review I read, said that it was very comparable to Dior. I went to Sephora and purchased this for $26. I bought the color "Light" which is the second to lightest color they have (their lightest is "Fair") and if I could only give you ONE tip.. it would be to TEST IT before you buy it!! I'm your typical white girl lol and I think the "Fair" MAY have been a better fit for me, but I went ahead and bought "Light" because it's winter right now and I expect to get a little darker this spring/summer. So... if you're white, I REALLY recommend only buying "Fair" or "Light". The product has really great coverage. It's extremely COLD when you spray it out of the can, and also a good tip, is to not spray it directly onto your face. You're going to lose a lot of product if you do that. Spray it onto the back of your hand and use a stippling brush to put it on your face (I got my ELF stippling brush at Target for 3 bucks and it works perfectly). I would definitely say it's medium/to full coverage and covers way better than traditional liquid foundation. This stuff is great.. I'm glad I found it.