December 18, 2014 | 1656 users online

Liquid - Sephora - Perfection Mist Airbrush Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2014 3:09:00 PM More reviews by Caramel_Apples

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

It's about time I wrote a review for this, because this has been a savior for my dry winter skin this season. Where my other usual foundations started to show dryness, this one just rests comfortably on the skin and lasts all day without issues. The fair shade is a very good skin tone match for me, and with just a little bit of practice (this is my first spray foundation) it's quite easy to use. I spray this on primarily the outer edges of my face, and the middle of my forehead and chin (not breathing in, because the fumes are noticeable for a second and I don't want this in my lungs), then blend it out to the rest of my face with a brush. You can spray a tiny bit for very minor coverage, or easily build it up by just spraying more on the areas you need to. I love how well this covers all my redness while not collecting in or exaggerating any spots, pores or other unevenness. It can look a bit shiny so I usually add a quick veil of powder, and I'm done.
When I first received this, I was concerned that it wouldn't last very long because it felt so lightweight, but now about halfway through the bottle, I feel that it will last just as long as a typical 1oz of foundation.
One thing I noticed was that, in my limited experience, I don't think natural hair brushes will work great with this if you want coverage. Both of my natural foundation brushes ate this stuff up and absorbed a lot of product, making it very hard to build up coverage and even cover basic redness. A cheaper, synthetic foundation brush blended it out beautifully while not detrimentally absorbing the product. This is more an issue with the brush than the product itself, but I thought it was worth noting.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2014 7:48:00 PM More reviews by Acern

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I purchased this foundation on a whim in the lightest shade. Originally I tried spraying it directly onto my face and stippling it on with a beauty blender, but in doing so, much of the product is wasted because it is such a fine mist. It is much more effective to spray it directly onto a beauty blender and stipple. It also applied well with the Real Techniques flat-topped foundation brush (the one that comes in a kit and has an orange handle).

This is a favorite foundation of mine for four reasons: it is a very good color match for my neutral skin tone, the fairest color is ACTUALLY fair, it provides buildable coverage, and it leaves a skin-like finish. This foundation was also reasonably priced.

I disliked the spray-application in the end- it was messy and ended up on any clothes i may have been wearing. Another negative was that the can did not last very long, maybe 3-4 weeks with daily use. Typically a similar size foundation will last around 2-3 months.

Overall I would purchase this again, and I would reccomend to others (especially if you had a good color match in the limited shade range).

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2014 8:56:00 PM More reviews by alina08

I used the technique mentioned here to apply the foundation first to a beauty blender and then blend out. So far, it has worked pretty well and I am very satisfied with the coverage. I like the color range- I have the fairest skin so I am using the lightest shade. The ingredients list does not really appeal to me, but I could not resist trying the product after reading all the reviews. The only con that I see with this product is that dry patches are exacerbated by this, so beware if you are using products that are drying out your skin or you have dry skin. The price is great considering comparable products are double the price or more.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/12/2014 12:07:00 AM More reviews by Samson01

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like the product but it does cause my skin to breakout. I'll continue to use it until I run out. May purchase it again depending if my skin learns to like it and stops breaking out.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2014 12:38:00 AM More reviews by mistyxrose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

In terms of the product, I love how light it feels and gives a matte finish. If you tend to get oily, it might start peeking through after a few hours. On me, I looked a little dewy after 3 hours. Since it's in an aerosol can, I have never tried applying it right onto my face - I spray a bit onto a multitasker flat top brush (ELF and Sonia Kashuk work well) and then dab and blend all over the face.

Shade - When I first bought this, I got it in Medium - Light was way too light and on my summer complexion (NC30ish), I was able to get away with the darker shade. Now that I've gotten slightly lighter, it's now so dark on me so I just use it to mix with some of my foundation if I need to.

Once I ran out, Sephora expanded the colour range and added Fawn which is perfect for me (I'm now NC25). It's the perfect in-between shade of Light and Medium. It has a yellow undertone, but I'm pretty sure the price went up to $35... I'm pretty sure it was $29 - $30 CAD before. If you use it everyday, it might not last very long - maybe a month or month and a half at most which is quite costly. I tend to use different foundations depending on my mood so this doesn't apply to me.

All in all it's an amazing foundation and reasonably priced if you want to try it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2014 5:32:00 PM More reviews by silkyskin

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This stuff is face crack! I don't use it every day because it's expensive (for me, I only seem to get a month or so out of it when wearing it daily) but I love the coverage! It's even, smooth, satin/matte and makes my skin look perfect! I spray it on, working in small areas at a time, and buff it in with my Sephora #55 airbrush and my skin literally looks perfect. I'm an NC20 right now and Fawn blends seamlessly. In the warmer months I'm NC25ish and use the medium. You'll definitely need concealer if you're trying to cover blemishes, tho. This has not caused a single breakout for me on my very problematic skin, and it removes easily with my basic facial cleanser. Doesn't oxidize, breakup/separate, or settle into pores, and coverage is buildable. It just looks awesome till it's time to cleanse my skin. I recently wore it for a wedding I was in and it looks flawless in photos! I hope they make this forever.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2014 10:15:00 PM More reviews by arynpez

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this foundation! I bought it because I was using the Dior Airflash and I figured it was worth a shot given the price. After using this foundation for the past few months, I like it even better than Diors! Not only does the color match me better, the finish, coverage, and staying power is better than Dior.. IMO. I've found that I'm reaching for this foundation EVERY day. Definitely a HG for me. Application: I shake the can for 5-10 seconds, then spray it on my Tarte buffer airbrush. Then I dab the center of my forehead, my nose, cheeks, and chin and buff it all out. I usually do a quick second coat over any problem areas. I set with MUFE hd pressed powder in my T zone. I can't speak for actually spraying it on my face, and I'm not sure I'll ever get the courage to try!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/7/2014 4:47:00 PM More reviews by PorscheGirl1

I got tired of my dior one, over priced and God forbid you hug anyone your entire face will be marked on their clothes. Anyways I tried this at sephora and loved it, but as soon as my acne came back and I got dry patches from the acne medication this product looked HORRIBLE. I looked like I was peeling like a snake and the product accentuated the dryness. If you have perfect skin, or skin in good condition (not dry) then go for it apply it to a brush then apply on the face. It is very buildable. I'll stick to Nars and Dermablend for the crappy skin days :)

rated 4 of 5 on 10/29/2014 8:00:00 PM More reviews by Linda523

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This has a nice matte finish and is medium to full coverage. I'm about an NC25-30 with warm yellow undertones and found Medium to work pretty well but is a tad dark for me, so I just ordered Fawn to see if that's a better fit. Some people spray directly on their face and others spray on their brush. It can get pretty messy spraying it directly on your face so if/when I do that, I wear a terry cloth headband to cover my hairline. Another method that works for me is to close my eyes, hold my breath, and spray towards the center of my face, and then use my brush to buff it out and towards the perimeter of my face. Because it's so matte, I definitely need to add dimension back in by highlighting and contouring. It's very affordable so worth at least checking out.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/22/2014 1:50:00 PM More reviews by scm240

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The lightest shade, Cream, is wonderful if you have very fair skin like me. Because I have to purchase base products based on what will match my skin I turned to this product. It wasn't a fit for me, but that does not mean it would be a bad product for someone else.

I like Sephora brand products for their price and quality and would likely recommend this. I did not prefer the very powdery, borderline unnatural finish and I think the application is more time consuming than liquid or powder.

I also think it can easily be wasted, even if you spray it directly to your face (which I did not; I went straight to my real techniques expert face brush and then buffed it in). I also don't know if it's a good deal because I found myself needing a lot of sprays per application so it might not hold up well.

But if you're pale and looking for an airbrushed look then you should give Cream a try.