Sephora Perfection Mist Airbrush Foundation

Isobutane, Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Butane, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Peg/Ppg-20/15 Dimethicone, Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Peg/Ppg-18/18 Dimethicone, Dimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Iron Oxides (Ci 77492), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Polyglyceryl-4-Isostearate, Cetyl Peg/Ppg 10/1 Dimethicone, Hexyl Laurate, Phenoxyethanol, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethiconol, Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Propylene Carbonate, Iron Oxide (Ci 77491), Hexylene Glycol, Iron Oxides (Ci 77499), Anthemis Nobilis (Chamomile) Flower Extract, Corallina Officinalis (Red Seaweed) Extract, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Carbomer, Polysorbate 20, Tocopherol, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I've never tried the Dior Airflash foundation so I don't know how they compare. ($62?!!! pffffffffft!) Sephora's application is wonderful, longevity is great, not very full-coverage (I conceal prior to application). I am an NC40-42 and Tan seemed like a great match BUT it has really pink/red undertones. I think I'm better off with the shade Fawn since it has yellow undertones. As with any other foundation, my oily skin protrudes through my flawless makeup! Of course, after blotting and touching-up it still looks pretty good. If it were a true matte finish, I would've definitely given it 5 lippies.

EDIT - Took off 1 lippie. I noticed that when I used this foundation for a few days, I would break out with a new zit. Especially after I removed my makeup. No bueno. Returning this.

on 9/21/2015 1:20:00 PM

Nope nope nope. This is NOT a dupe for Dio Airflash by any means (at least on my skin anyway). Yes the can is a spray and yes it's cooling on contact, the same as Airflash however the finish on my skin was completely different; it's like it had no coverage at all. Unfortunately the color wasn't quite right either. The Sephora rep picked out the color "Fawn" for my approx. NW15 skin and it was too dark and yellow but I don't think going down one is an option because I have read reviews that one is REALLY yellow. In Airflash I am color 100 and it's pretty dead on perfect as far as a match as it's on the lighter side and more beige than yellow. The one thing I did like a little better than Airflash was that's it's a smidgen more matte than the Dior version, but the finish ohhhhhh the finish of Airflash blows this stuff out of the water. It covers like a dream (I use one of two techniques depending on my mood, either spraying a little on a Beauty blender and then applying or spraying onto my stippling brush. I don't ever spray directly on my face). I tried both methods with Perfection mist and simply could not get the type of coverage that I had come to love with Dior; it just seemed more transparent if that makes sense? I could tell from first spray that the mist was much finer than Diors and it took quite a bit more spraying to get even semi decent coverage. It hurts the wallet to keep paying 60 bucks for Airflash but Perfection Mist was a no go for me.

on 9/21/2015 11:00:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I can't see myself purchasing this again. Not because it's horrible, but because for my skin it's just very average. I've applied it several ways, using a sponge, a brush and spraying it directly...and using various moisturizes, and primers. All were just OK and certainly not worth the $29. It's actually not a bad price for a non-drugstore foundation, but if I'm going to spend that much I really need to like it a lot.

If someone is looking for very light, matte coverage they will probably love this. When I use an airbrush foundation, I'm usually looking for a heavier flawless look. If I apply enough to get that initial look, it creases in my almost 40 year old skin. (creases that I don't see without makeup on)

It is worth a try, but I will be returning mine...thank goodness for Sephora's very liberal return policy. It allows me to try things without worrying too much about the price if I don't like it.

As for color, I bought the medium, and it was a very good match for my NC25 skin. Make sure you shake it!! I sprayed a little on my arm when I was in the parking lot and it came out gray!! But after shaking it for about 15 seconds it was fine....kind of freaked me out though.

on 9/20/2015 2:48:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

I have had this for over a year since the button over the nozzle broke and I managed to bend the tube to spritz out the remaining foundation. What I like it was solid medium coverage; while not airbrushed looking for me, it did impart a nice even not mask-like finish. Suprisingly I found a color match at the time the product was new and had even fewer selections. I found the look a bit too matte for my liking and it did cause intermittent superficial breakouts. I did not feel comfortable spraying on my face so used BB sponge-which does lead to considerable product loss. Would not repurchase as the finish was not to my liking.

on 9/10/2015 12:54:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I LOVE this! I thought the spray can thing was a gimmick but I love how this looks on the face.

I spray it on an ELF buffing brush and then pat it all over, it feels so cooling and lovely when you apply it. You can layer this so easily without it looking a mess.

I have the shade Fawn and I am about nc30ish with a fake tan on, I am thinking of getting it in a lighter shade too.

on 8/27/2015 11:43:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This is the best foundation I've ever used. It goes on really easily, is super buildable, and looks very natural. It is also pretty matte, which is great for my oily nose. It covers my skin flaws so well that I don't even need to use concealer. I spray it on a brush and then apply it instead of spraying directly onto my face, and it works really well that way!

on 8/21/2015 11:01:00 PM

I absolutely love this product. Foundation does not look cakey at all and it is a build-able foundation. I typically wash my face, moisturize, apply primer and then spray this in circle motions and add powder over the top to help set it. I find that this foundation lasts just about all day. Though it is the most expensive foundation I've ever owned, it is my favorite and I have not had any allergic reactions which is wonderful! Would definitely recommend this product.

on 8/14/2015 3:22:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

My Skin: Porcelain, Dry-Combination, Lots of redness, dull, large pores near nose. (I feel sad every time I write this!)

This foundation is supposed to be a dupe for the Dior, which I haven't tried, so I can't compare. I can attest that the Sephora bottle contains more than the Dior, at least it feels that way. Anyway, this foundation sprays on nicely (once shaken for several seconds) and blends pretty well. I use a kabuki brush for everything actually, this is no exception.
It has a smooth, bright and almost dewy finish. It covered most of my redness too and blurred pores a little bit.

-Easy to apply (does not get in hair etc, somehow!)
-Great INITIAL finish
-Lasts through a work day (or yours, I am a stay at home mom who home schools, so my dad extends beyond eight hours)
-Covers some redness

- Tends to sit into fine lines
- Sinks into pores after a few hours, making them appear larger
- Very poor shade range
- Not a lot in the bottle

I suppose you could make it last longer by spraying it in the cap and dipping your brush or beauty blender in, but that won't give you the "airbrush" look intended. But...

Bottom Line: I don't think it looked very airbrushed to me after about the first hour anyway. But perhaps that is just my skin?

It is definitely worth a try!

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I feel so facking pretty when I wear this that it's obnoxious. I keep checking the mirror because I'm surprised that it's me. I'm serious.

I wasn't really excited about the price tag, but sephora called my name while my boo was examining the new apple watch (duh) and I am sick to death of BB creams so I walked away with this. Idk why people find it difficult to apply--I either close my eyes and spray it around (don't have a shirt on if you choose this method,) and buff it in with my RT expert face brush, or spray it directly onto the brush and buff it in. Super easy. If I'm feeling extra fancy, i add a light dusting of my trusty MAC MSFN powder.

I have nw20ish skin (perhaps slightly darker right meow in the summer months,) and bought the second darkest shade. I think it was called "light".

on 6/9/2015 3:50:00 PM

This is one of my holy grail products, it is so quick and easy to use. I found a colour that matches my skin tone perfect. I put my hair back and spray directly on my face, buff it in and then spread it out to my hair line and then spray a brush and touch up any redness. This provides great coverage and no redness shows through, it lasts all day and gives a flawless appearance. Also, you can't beat the price! Compared to some other high-end foundations this is a great deal.

Video Reviews & Tutorials