September 2, 2014 | 953 users online

Liquid - Sephora - Perfection Mist Airbrush Foundation

rated 3 of 5 on 8/31/2014 3:26:00 PM More reviews by Kellychancee

I'm very so/so on this product. I LOVE how it applies, it literally makes your skin look airbrushed and flawless when first applied. However, it does not hold up on the skin AT ALL. I have slightly oily skin and even with powder this foundation is GONE within hours. I wore this to a concert and I saw a picture of me with flash after about 3 hours of applying it and somehow my skin went from looking flawless to looking red and extremely oily. I still use it and enjoy it but it's definitely not great for being photographed or in a location where you may be sweating.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2014 9:41:00 PM More reviews by Sharlau

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Light weight. Buildable coverage. Long wearing. Natural looking. Gorgeous and infallible. Photographs beautifully.
For the record, I have combo skin, with ruddiness in my complexion. Typically I wear an NC25. I mix both medium and light foundation mists to get the right tone for my skin. I am sold! And as a make up artist, I have tried it ALL!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2014 2:01:00 PM More reviews by makeupsmad

I originally purchased Dior's Airflash about a year ago. It was jaw-dropping expensive so I only use it for special events or if I have a long day since it seems to have good staying power. It is too fair for summer so I thought I'd try this before I purchase that again.

I actually like this better for my skin (and almost a third of the cost!! - albeit a smaller amount). It is more matte than the Airflash which is better for my oily skin. I also like the can (so far) better than Dior's. it seems sturdier with the nozzle.

The Airflash seems to have slightly more coverage and does have a beautiful finish but it tends to look shiny on me after a few hrs. I also did not seem to get the "active" feeling (almost like a bunch of alcohol in the product that dries) that I get using Dior. So far I'm very happy with it.

I apply both the same way - a few squirts onto a flat top brush, dab around my face and blend in. I do not spray it all over the place. I think that is a commical waste of product and messy to boot!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2014 8:57:00 PM More reviews by outdoorsgal

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is my first aerosol foundation and I'm very impressed.
At first I wasn't sure how to apply this foundation. I wondered how on earth do I get this product onto my foundation brush. Spraying it directly onto my face was out of question - you can just imagine the mess with the overspray ruining hair and clothes.
Thanks to lovely MUA'ers, I got some excellent tips.

I spray it onto my foundation brush while holding it over my bathroom garbage container to catch any overspray. (I line my container with a plastic bag)
I buff it in sections and spray any additional product as needed. A little goes a long way and I find if you use too much, it can look mask like.

The staying power is impressive. No mid day oilies (I'm normal combo; slightly drier in winter and slightly oilier in summer) and no oxidizing. Since makeup is YMMV, definitely test it to see if it oxidizes on your skin.
I love this for the summer months as it withstands the heat and humidity.

I recommend making sure your skin is well prepped as this foundation can emphasize any dry patches. I'm also pleased that it doesn't settle into any fine lines (the 11's and marionette lines in particular) like other foundations can, as long as I don't over apply.

The only con I can think of it as that I can't tell when I'm running low.

Sephora products tend to be underrated and this one is definitely worth checking out.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/4/2014 8:32:00 PM More reviews by AshleyClouser

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This gives a beautiful glowy look to my skin. But when I sweat it comes off, even with primer. The bottle lasted me 3 weeks... I was very put off by that, I wish it came with more product. Also the shade selection isn't wide-but they are coming out with more colors. The packaging is nice and shows the true color of the foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2014 12:09:00 AM More reviews by muzikmk18

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have never used any airbrush makeup or foundations that come in an aerosol type of packaging but I am absolutely in love with this product! It gives a medium coverage with a semi-matte finish and it has a nice, cooling sensation when it's applied. The staying power is also very nice as I had it on for over 8+ hours without it melting off my face. The only downside I would say is that if you were to use this on a daily basis, it will be likely that you will run out if it fairly quickly due to the nature of the product.

On the Sephora website, it now has a wider variety of shades - 9 colours compared to the 4 it had previously. For my preference, I like spraying this on my foundation brush then apply it to my face. Of course you can just spray it directly on your face but it is quite messy Or, I've seen people spray it on the back of their hands but I find it to be quite wasteful as the product dries quickly. All in all, one of my favourite foundations I've tried!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/2/2014 1:14:00 AM More reviews by Steelermummeh

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I wanted so badly to love this. I'm a huge fan of Sephora in general and I've found that their own line has been virtually flawless in terms of value for money.

Unfortunately, this just didn't do it for me.

I have skin that can be very difficult to work with - more or less combination but where there are dry spots they are exceedingly dry. I'm talking crunchy autumn leaf dry. I'm also terrificaly (unfairly even!) uneven in tone; blue veined with weird greeny-ambery-browny eyes and natural hair color...well, I can't remember but a cool brown washes me out while a warmer brown with golden highlights makes me look like Gisele.

(okay, more gazelle but you get my point)

Anyway, I tried this several ways and in two shades, "Light" and "Fair"; the only constants were my tried-and-tested cleansing/exfoliating & moisturising routine and an application or three of ELF's "setting spray" thingy applied during the day so assume these were present for each.

1-4 involve the "Light" shade. Application involved (with the exception of the wedding) a stippling brush on one side of my face and a blendy sponge thing on the other.

1. MUFE green primer + product: this did work... for about an hour at which point it threw caution to the wind and disappeared suddenly. I mean disappeared..as in "Wait, what?! But you were just there five minutes ago!"

2. Smashbox primer + product: Made the foundation stick to me, and not in the good way. The least said about it the better.

3. Monistat + bit of MUFE for redness + product: No matter who giggles about the Monistat thing, this was actually the only combination that still looked vaguely acceptable after 5 hours and I have my daughter's wedding pictures to prove it.

4. Smashbox + MUFE for the redness + product: Looked gorgeous in the kitchen then I went to see the doc and he asked me if my exczema was playing up again. Ladies with super dry skin, tread carefully.

Now the same for the other shade:

Did. Not. Work. At. All.

This is my fault - I can't get to a store, so I ordered blind for both shades. Still, no matter which shade it was, the results should have been similar unless there's a vastly different creating process.

(If that was the case I'd expect another couple of zeros before the decimal point)

So there we have it.

It just isn't for me.

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/25/2014 11:44:00 PM More reviews by Kiannasmile

Fast, easy to use, and handy.

I picked up this product after playing with the Diorskin Airflash Spray Foundation and being intrigued by the product but not wanting to spend such a hefty amount on a foundation.

I started using this product at the same time that I began using prescription medication for my combination and extremely problematic skin. I found that it did a great job with whatever terrible condition my skin was in wether it was flaky, oily, or scarred.

The only issue I have with this product is that it does not last long. It definitely needs to be reapplied every 3 or so hours to maintain a desirable amount of coverage.

Overall this product is a must-have for me. I highly recommend this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/23/2014 2:25:00 PM More reviews by grandma1969

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am very fair skin and this foundation I use every single day t is great and is light to the skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2014 1:15:00 PM More reviews by Lynsi01

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

WOWZERS!! This just replaced my Bare Minerals Matte foundation that I have been loyal to for over 5 years. I have been looking for a duplicate of Dior AirFlash for YEARS because that crap is amazeballs but at $62 it's no where near practical. I spray a little on a buki brush or a flocked sponge and smooth it on. If I need extra coverage I spray directly on my skin and buff in. BEAUTIFUL finish! Smooth, even, perfectly airbrushed. And it lasts ALL day. Use a light hand, because you don't need much!!!

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No