Sephora Perfection Mist Airbrush Foundation

4.3

Isobutane, Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Butane, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Peg/Ppg-20/15 Dimethicone, Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Peg/Ppg-18/18 Dimethicone, Dimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Iron Oxides (Ci 77492), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Polyglyceryl-4-Isostearate, Cetyl Peg/Ppg 10/1 Dimethicone, Hexyl Laurate, Phenoxyethanol, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethiconol, Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Propylene Carbonate, Iron Oxide (Ci 77491), Hexylene Glycol, Iron Oxides (Ci 77499), Anthemis Nobilis (Chamomile) Flower Extract, Corallina Officinalis (Red Seaweed) Extract, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Carbomer, Polysorbate 20, Tocopherol, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I was really excited to try this product. I loved the Dior Air flash and kept reading all the reviews that this is very similar. I don't know if I got a bad can or what, but this was SO watery. I was expecting this to be a medium coverage foundation, and it looked like I had nothing on at all. I was so disappointed.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I can't ever live without this. Ever. I'm on my second bottle and use it 7 days a week. First one lasted me a month and a half and the price is 35cdn but I don't even care. My face looks FLAWLESS with this foundation! I have it in honey and it's perfect. Tried medium was too dark. I'm a light medium red undertone , blue eyes blonde hair it's hard to Match me . I've only ever had a perfect match with makeup forever but this one just looks perfect on me! I spray it on , I hate the other ways people have said to use it, like apply to a brush. Not the same effect at all!!! Do not get it in your hair!! It makes your hair sticky :( I bought a couple of cheap hair caps and use those over my hair when I spray. Anyways I can't say enough and I get so many compliments on my skin now. 5 stars all the way

I like the finish, the fair shade is a perfect colour match for me. While spraying directly to the face is immediately satisfying, there is a LOT of over-spray so you really need to bundle up your hair and your torso to keep clean. I've been spraying it onto a stippling brush and buffing onto my face. It wears well and has buildable coverage. Too bad it's quite pricey, otherwise it would be my everyday foundation! I will probably wear it a lot right now while it's new and still exciting, but after that it will be my "in a rush" or "need to look seriously flawless and fierce" foundation. This one is a definite try, but even though it's cheaper than the dior aerosol foundation, it's still just a little too pricey for my tastes to be my all-the-time foundation.

This is one of those foundations you don't know you love until you find the right application for you.

●Applied it by spraying it directly onto a damp beauty blender...not bad.
●Applied it by spraying it directly onto a foundation brush...not bad
●Applied it by spraying it directly on my face (closely) then buffing with a brush, also tried the exact same technique followed by my damp BB..not bad

BUT THEN
I applied it directly from the can onto my face about 10 inches away in circular motions then lightly stamped it into my skin with my (F80) brush OMG FLAWLESS SMOOTH EVEN LOOKING SKIN!
●●Must cover your hair because it's a pain to get off, so do your brows After.
●●NO glitter or shimmer.
●●NO noticeable fragrance.
•• I think this would be a great foundation to have on hand for days you're in a hurry because it applies super quick.

☆☆☆Will be purchasing a few more cans because this is the PERFECT foundation for me. (I have the worse luck of finally finding something that I love..then it becomes discontinued)
I've liked other foundations before, BUT there was always something that could have been a bit better (the finish, the feel, the smell, or the over all look after a few hours of wear) but not this one.

From application till removal...I freaking ♡ it!

UPDATE ordered the shade fawn online as I get a lighter complexion during winter..it's still a beautiful foundation but the finish IS WAY DIFFERENT. the 1st one i purchased in store is a matte while the one online is a satin (leaning on a bit of dewy) finish.
Medium has a tad bit of a pink undertone and a bit darker, while fawn is lighter with more of a yellow undertone. I can make both work for me

I really wanted to like this foundation as the application is really different, but I just felt I spent forever trying to get more on cause it was barely there. Waste of time really. Very hydrating though. The smell was another thing, it never went away. If you have dry skin and want MINIMAL coverage, this would probably work for you, but me personally, If I'm going to take the time to put foundation on, I want coverage, and this wasn't good In coverage. I returned mine.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

A few years ago I used Dior AirFlash Foundation and loved the look of it, but found it costly to use at $62 a can. I thought I'd give Sephora's house brand knockoff a chance because it's only $28 per can. I was pleasantly surprised at how well this works for me. Like AirFlash, this mist foundation has a skin-like finish and doesn't look like heavy makeup.

It feels lightweight and comfortable. It is transfer-resistant once it's dry, and it's long-wearing. My skin is combination - not super oily or super dry. So I don't have an exorbitant amount of oil, nor do I have flaky skin. I wear a primer with SPF under this and powder the T-zone accordingly during the day. This foundation looks great hours after I've applied.

I was able to find a good color match in this, Fair, which is similar to Porcelain 0 in Hourglass Immaculate Powder Foundation. Because I use Hourglass Mineral Veil Primer or MDSolarSciences Beauty Balm SPF 50 underneath, I have not had any trouble with the foundation oxidizing darker. There is a lighter shade, Cream, for extremely fair skin, and then some medium complexion shades.

To apply, I use a synthetic bristle kabuki brush, spray the foundation onto the brush, and then buff it onto the skin. I can do a sheer layer or build up by spraying more onto my brush and applying more. Another way to apply is to spray onto a sponge and stipple it into the skin. I don't recommend spraying this directly onto the face because it goes everywhere; it gets all over your eyelashes and eyebrows, too. If you spray it directly onto your face, be sure to close your eyes, and stand in the shower to do it before getting dressed (so it doesn't get onto clothes) and then you may still have to touch up with a sponge. Also, the butane propellant will make it feel cold. My kabuki brush application still gives me an airbrushed, skin-like finish and there's no messiness.

I recommend wearing a product with SPF underneath because there is no sunscreen in the foundation.

I'm glad Sephora made this fragrance free. It doesn't contain parabens, in case you're avoiding those as well. My skin is sensitive and I haven't had any irritation at all. It doesn't contain alcohol. Overall, a good value if you like it.

INGREDIENTS:

Isobutane, Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Butane, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, PEG/PPG-20/15 Dimethicone, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), PEG/PPG -18/18 Dimethicone, Dimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Iron Oxides (CI 77492), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Polyglyceryl-4-Isostearate, Cetyl PEG/PPG 10/1 Dimethicone, Hexyl Laurate, Phenoxyethanol, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethiconol, Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Propylene Carbonate, Iron Oxide (CI 77491), Hexylene Glycol, Iron Oxides (CI 77499), Anthemis Nobilis (Chamomile) Flower Extract, Corallina Officinalis (Red Seaweed) Extract, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Carbomer, Polysorbate 20, Tocopherol, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

ive used the dior version of this which is ridiculously expensive but i found it online for slightly less, but non the less this was a great foundation, i am absolutely a make-up junkie and this has great coverage i can wear it alone or over a foundation for a better coverage, if i want to buff it out with a more matte look ill use a powder over it and just dab with a stippling effect, ive only bought this once but i have just recently gotten the pur liquid veil to try, heard that was amazing as well, really happy to have more foundations coming out that are antibacterial n don't have to touch them

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I had wanted to try a spray foundation for sometime, and with a return and no pressing needs, my chance arrived. I bought the Sephora Perfection Mist in light. Price is around $30, packaging must be almost identical to the Dior version. I moisturized, concealed and primed with my favorite Hourglass primer, then sprayed the foundation onto my brush and applied fairly quickly as I would a liquid. Coverage was great. I set with hourglass diffused light and it lasted untouched for around 12 hours which exceeded my expectations. The only reason I wouldn't repurchase, the color was a tiny bit off and I don't think there was a better option. I will easily enjoy using it up!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I've never tried the Dior Airflash foundation so I don't know how they compare. ($62?!!! pffffffffft!) Sephora's application is wonderful, longevity is great, not very full-coverage (I conceal prior to application). I am an NC40-42 and Tan seemed like a great match BUT it has really pink/red undertones. I think I'm better off with the shade Fawn since it has yellow undertones. As with any other foundation, my oily skin protrudes through my flawless makeup! Of course, after blotting and touching-up it still looks pretty good. If it were a true matte finish, I would've definitely given it 5 lippies.

EDIT - Took off 1 lippie. I noticed that when I used this foundation for a few days, I would break out with a new zit. Especially after I removed my makeup. No bueno. Returning this.

Nope nope nope. This is NOT a dupe for Dio Airflash by any means (at least on my skin anyway). Yes the can is a spray and yes it's cooling on contact, the same as Airflash however the finish on my skin was completely different; it's like it had no coverage at all. Unfortunately the color wasn't quite right either. The Sephora rep picked out the color "Fawn" for my approx. NW15 skin and it was too dark and yellow but I don't think going down one is an option because I have read reviews that one is REALLY yellow. In Airflash I am color 100 and it's pretty dead on perfect as far as a match as it's on the lighter side and more beige than yellow. The one thing I did like a little better than Airflash was that's it's a smidgen more matte than the Dior version, but the finish ohhhhhh the finish of Airflash blows this stuff out of the water. It covers like a dream (I use one of two techniques depending on my mood, either spraying a little on a Beauty blender and then applying or spraying onto my stippling brush. I don't ever spray directly on my face). I tried both methods with Perfection mist and simply could not get the type of coverage that I had come to love with Dior; it just seemed more transparent if that makes sense? I could tell from first spray that the mist was much finer than Diors and it took quite a bit more spraying to get even semi decent coverage. It hurts the wallet to keep paying 60 bucks for Airflash but Perfection Mist was a no go for me.

Video Reviews & Tutorials