Sephora Perfection Mist Airbrush Foundation

4.4

Isobutane, Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Butane, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Peg/Ppg-20/15 Dimethicone, Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Peg/Ppg-18/18 Dimethicone, Dimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Iron Oxides (Ci 77492), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Polyglyceryl-4-Isostearate, Cetyl Peg/Ppg 10/1 Dimethicone, Hexyl Laurate, Phenoxyethanol, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethiconol, Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Propylene Carbonate, Iron Oxide (Ci 77491), Hexylene Glycol, Iron Oxides (Ci 77499), Anthemis Nobilis (Chamomile) Flower Extract, Corallina Officinalis (Red Seaweed) Extract, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Carbomer, Polysorbate 20, Tocopherol, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7.

on 8/27/2015 11:43:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This is the best foundation I've ever used. It goes on really easily, is super buildable, and looks very natural. It is also pretty matte, which is great for my oily nose. It covers my skin flaws so well that I don't even need to use concealer. I spray it on a brush and then apply it instead of spraying directly onto my face, and it works really well that way!

on 8/21/2015 11:01:00 PM

I absolutely love this product. Foundation does not look cakey at all and it is a build-able foundation. I typically wash my face, moisturize, apply primer and then spray this in circle motions and add powder over the top to help set it. I find that this foundation lasts just about all day. Though it is the most expensive foundation I've ever owned, it is my favorite and I have not had any allergic reactions which is wonderful! Would definitely recommend this product.

on 8/14/2015 3:22:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

My Skin: Porcelain, Dry-Combination, Lots of redness, dull, large pores near nose. (I feel sad every time I write this!)

This foundation is supposed to be a dupe for the Dior, which I haven't tried, so I can't compare. I can attest that the Sephora bottle contains more than the Dior, at least it feels that way. Anyway, this foundation sprays on nicely (once shaken for several seconds) and blends pretty well. I use a kabuki brush for everything actually, this is no exception.
It has a smooth, bright and almost dewy finish. It covered most of my redness too and blurred pores a little bit.

PROS:
-Easy to apply (does not get in hair etc, somehow!)
-Great INITIAL finish
-Lasts through a work day (or yours, I am a stay at home mom who home schools, so my dad extends beyond eight hours)
-Covers some redness

CONS:
- Tends to sit into fine lines
- Sinks into pores after a few hours, making them appear larger
- Very poor shade range
- Not a lot in the bottle

I suppose you could make it last longer by spraying it in the cap and dipping your brush or beauty blender in, but that won't give you the "airbrush" look intended. But...

Bottom Line: I don't think it looked very airbrushed to me after about the first hour anyway. But perhaps that is just my skin?

It is definitely worth a try!

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I feel so facking pretty when I wear this that it's obnoxious. I keep checking the mirror because I'm surprised that it's me. I'm serious.

I wasn't really excited about the price tag, but sephora called my name while my boo was examining the new apple watch (duh) and I am sick to death of BB creams so I walked away with this. Idk why people find it difficult to apply--I either close my eyes and spray it around (don't have a shirt on if you choose this method,) and buff it in with my RT expert face brush, or spray it directly onto the brush and buff it in. Super easy. If I'm feeling extra fancy, i add a light dusting of my trusty MAC MSFN powder.

I have nw20ish skin (perhaps slightly darker right meow in the summer months,) and bought the second darkest shade. I think it was called "light".

on 6/9/2015 3:50:00 PM

This is one of my holy grail products, it is so quick and easy to use. I found a colour that matches my skin tone perfect. I put my hair back and spray directly on my face, buff it in and then spread it out to my hair line and then spray a brush and touch up any redness. This provides great coverage and no redness shows through, it lasts all day and gives a flawless appearance. Also, you can't beat the price! Compared to some other high-end foundations this is a great deal.

on 5/19/2015 6:31:00 PM

This product is so GREY on the face!! beware! Everything else is perfect except the cast of greyness over my face so I returned it. Something just didnt look right. Nc25 matched to the medium shade which was good. I prefer to spray this on my hand and use the real techniques buffer brush to blend. Matte look and last well. Doesn't feel heavy. But not worth it since the grey color ruins it. Do not recommend.

on 5/14/2015 12:16:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I was hoping that this product would do me good but it didn't. When I use this foundation I always break out. And the funny thing is that it goes on a certain color and after about 3 minutes it turns into a darker shade. It totally didn't match my skin. The other day I decided to mix it with another mousse creme foundation and I sprayed it directly on my hand. It burned and itched so badly. It's been 3 weeks and I still have the scar. I actually uploaded it to this review. You can clearly see the burn Mark around where I had put the other foundation. It didn't work for me at all.

on 5/12/2015 3:19:00 PM

I have oily, acne-prone skin with a lot of redness from scarring, but this foundation is great at covering and giving an even appearance. I use concealer under the foundation for better coverage and once I add it I can hardly see discoloration.

I spray it directly onto my face but cover my eyes/eyebrows and hair with toilet paper (I don't like it getting on my eyelashes or eyebrows because it's a little hard to get off) Then I either spray it directly onto my forehead or on my hand and then put it on my forehead. I use a beauty blender and it works amazingly! I set with a transparent powder and it looks great. Doesn't feel cakey on my face but sometimes I need to use a small brush to blend around my mouth because it can crease when I smile.

Staying power is pretty good in my opinion, considering how oily I am. I'm talking like I can soak an oil sheet with one round of patting. Additionally, I live in Houston where it's often very humid so that's a factor.

I get about a month out of every can before having to repurchase. Kind of a bummer because it's almost 30 bucks, but I've been using it for over a year so that says something!

on 5/12/2015 12:43:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Oh my God where has this been all my life?!

First things first, I'm pale. Not just light, but a cool porcelain. Companies don't make products in my colour - I've yet to find something from the Drugstore (too yellow!), even Sephora only carries a few lines I trust in lightness (namely Makeup Forever, sometimes NARS, and Cover FX).

So when I sprayed this on my hand (lightest shade 'Cream') and it matched - I knew I had to give it a try. I'd never used an aerosol foundation before. The salesgirl at Sephora told me to spray it on my brush before applying (using a Sonia Kashuk multipurpose brush) to get the best finish.

I tried this technique first, and wasn't overly impressed with the level of coverage I was getting vs. the amount of product I'd just sprayed onto (and around) my brush. Next, I tried spraying it directly on my face before blending (using a dabbing motion). PERFECTION. Why oh why is everyone saying not to spray directly on the face?! It made all the difference. It takes a hot minute to get the hang of (spray in a quick motion, 6-ish inches from the face, concentrating on the centre, then blend out), but is so worth it. And no - it doesn't get everywhere! All my product lands on my face, instead of settling in the brush.

The only downfall is how long a can lasts. I get 4 weeks, maybe a bit longer, out of a can. Usually foundations last (for me) longer than a month, but I can justify a monthly purchase of a product I love so much.

Since I enjoy full coverage, I apply a but of Cover FX's Total Cover Cream Foundation as a concealer on any spots I may have. I truly get the best flawless finish I've ever had (as someone who has tried everything).

Please try this! It's so worth it.

on 5/8/2015 8:52:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

I was disappointed in this. First the SA went to fawn which seems to be their go-to color which after wearing turned out to be too light for me. Then when I wore this the next day I had a hard time getting anything but sheer coverage. ( I like sheer coverage but this was super sheer.) With as many times as I had to spray on my brush I will be going through this can in a hurry. I think because color was too light and coverage too sheer I am going to return to Sephora and try again for the Dior airflash which is what I came into the store for in the first place.

Maybe you have to spray on your face for better coverage but then this will be super messy and I am not into that kind of application. I have already tried that with ERA and hated it. I prefer spraying it on something and then stippling or buffing it in.

I do like the price of this and that it was unscented.

Video Reviews & Tutorials