November 21, 2014 | 1694 users online

Liquid - Sephora - Perfection Mist Airbrush Foundation

rated 3 of 5 on 11/12/2014 12:07:00 AM More reviews by Samson01

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like the product but it does cause my skin to breakout. I'll continue to use it until I run out. May purchase it again depending if my skin learns to like it and stops breaking out.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2014 12:38:00 AM More reviews by mistyxrose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

In terms of the product, I love how light it feels and gives a matte finish. If you tend to get oily, it might start peeking through after a few hours. On me, I looked a little dewy after 3 hours. Since it's in an aerosol can, I have never tried applying it right onto my face - I spray a bit onto a multitasker flat top brush (ELF and Sonia Kashuk work well) and then dab and blend all over the face.

Shade - When I first bought this, I got it in Medium - Light was way too light and on my summer complexion (NC30ish), I was able to get away with the darker shade. Now that I've gotten slightly lighter, it's now so dark on me so I just use it to mix with some of my foundation if I need to.

Once I ran out, Sephora expanded the colour range and added Fawn which is perfect for me (I'm now NC25). It's the perfect in-between shade of Light and Medium. It has a yellow undertone, but I'm pretty sure the price went up to $35... I'm pretty sure it was $29 - $30 CAD before. If you use it everyday, it might not last very long - maybe a month or month and a half at most which is quite costly. I tend to use different foundations depending on my mood so this doesn't apply to me.

All in all it's an amazing foundation and reasonably priced if you want to try it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2014 5:32:00 PM More reviews by silkyskin

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This stuff is face crack! I don't use it every day because it's expensive (for me, I only seem to get a month or so out of it when wearing it daily) but I love the coverage! It's even, smooth, satin/matte and makes my skin look perfect! I spray it on, working in small areas at a time, and buff it in with my Sephora #55 airbrush and my skin literally looks perfect. I'm an NC20 right now and Fawn blends seamlessly. In the warmer months I'm NC25ish and use the medium. You'll definitely need concealer if you're trying to cover blemishes, tho. This has not caused a single breakout for me on my very problematic skin, and it removes easily with my basic facial cleanser. Doesn't oxidize, breakup/separate, or settle into pores, and coverage is buildable. It just looks awesome till it's time to cleanse my skin. I recently wore it for a wedding I was in and it looks flawless in photos! I hope they make this forever.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2014 10:15:00 PM More reviews by arynpez

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this foundation! I bought it because I was using the Dior Airflash and I figured it was worth a shot given the price. After using this foundation for the past few months, I like it even better than Diors! Not only does the color match me better, the finish, coverage, and staying power is better than Dior.. IMO. I've found that I'm reaching for this foundation EVERY day. Definitely a HG for me. Application: I shake the can for 5-10 seconds, then spray it on my Tarte buffer airbrush. Then I dab the center of my forehead, my nose, cheeks, and chin and buff it all out. I usually do a quick second coat over any problem areas. I set with MUFE hd pressed powder in my T zone. I can't speak for actually spraying it on my face, and I'm not sure I'll ever get the courage to try!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/7/2014 4:47:00 PM More reviews by PorscheGirl1

I got tired of my dior one, over priced and God forbid you hug anyone your entire face will be marked on their clothes. Anyways I tried this at sephora and loved it, but as soon as my acne came back and I got dry patches from the acne medication this product looked HORRIBLE. I looked like I was peeling like a snake and the product accentuated the dryness. If you have perfect skin, or skin in good condition (not dry) then go for it apply it to a brush then apply on the face. It is very buildable. I'll stick to Nars and Dermablend for the crappy skin days :)

rated 4 of 5 on 10/29/2014 8:00:00 PM More reviews by Linda523

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This has a nice matte finish and is medium to full coverage. I'm about an NC25-30 with warm yellow undertones and found Medium to work pretty well but is a tad dark for me, so I just ordered Fawn to see if that's a better fit. Some people spray directly on their face and others spray on their brush. It can get pretty messy spraying it directly on your face so if/when I do that, I wear a terry cloth headband to cover my hairline. Another method that works for me is to close my eyes, hold my breath, and spray towards the center of my face, and then use my brush to buff it out and towards the perimeter of my face. Because it's so matte, I definitely need to add dimension back in by highlighting and contouring. It's very affordable so worth at least checking out.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/22/2014 1:50:00 PM More reviews by scm240

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The lightest shade, Cream, is wonderful if you have very fair skin like me. Because I have to purchase base products based on what will match my skin I turned to this product. It wasn't a fit for me, but that does not mean it would be a bad product for someone else.

I like Sephora brand products for their price and quality and would likely recommend this. I did not prefer the very powdery, borderline unnatural finish and I think the application is more time consuming than liquid or powder.

I also think it can easily be wasted, even if you spray it directly to your face (which I did not; I went straight to my real techniques expert face brush and then buffed it in). I also don't know if it's a good deal because I found myself needing a lot of sprays per application so it might not hold up well.

But if you're pale and looking for an airbrushed look then you should give Cream a try.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/21/2014 6:54:00 PM More reviews by andreaxvii

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVED this foundation. I was outside in 90 degree heat all day and it still looked like I just applied it. I typically would spray it on a buffing brush and buff it into my face instead of spraying it directly on my skin. I found that I lost a lot of product if I sprayed directly from the can to my face. One little thing though, it ran out of air with a bunch of product still in the can! Super bummer. Luckily Sephora has an excellent return/exchange policy. Great product, until it runs out of air.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2014 9:15:00 PM More reviews by peachykeen01

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I would give this 3.5 stars if I could. Shade medium is a great match for me (mac nc35), but I would say this provides more of a light-medium coverage, not full. If you spray this on a brush and apply that way, light coverge. My method is spray is directly on my face, and blend with MAC 109 brush. After that, for any areas I want a little more coverage, I spray it on my brush and blend. Nice finish, but I don't feel it's that long lasting...about 5-6 hours of wear. Nice natural finish, not too shiny or matte.
Dior has way better coverage, but also costs more than double than this foundation. If you really must have an airbrush foundation, go with that unless you mind the lighter coverage.
I'm on the fence about buying this again. I do like that it's very convenient and easy for when I'm in a hurry, but that's one of the few qualities I like about this foundation. I would say you definitely have to try this one out for yourself and see.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2014 10:15:00 PM More reviews by TBonita

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I'm blown away by this! I tried air flash by Dior a few years ago and I remember it just melting off my face. Not this baby! I tested it when I opened the package on my arm to test the color and it was steadfast! Transfer that to the face! Held tight even over t zone which is oily (well not much anymore since using Dior One Essential... Another review..) GREAT to spray my chest with which is always red! I like the fun spray mechanism but it also applied BEAUTIFULLY w my real techniques stippling brush (spray directly onto brush). Awesomely non messy w the brush method. And so EASY w spray method! Tie back hair and no shirt obviously. Oh color. Nw/nc20. I got the 2nd lightest, fair. I'm more a 'light' but I try to conceal my redness wth yellow undertones and fair had way more yellow than the cooler light. I just use some more MAC harmony than I normally would and looks great. This I prefer on the chest to MAC face and body ... It stays on better with less rub off. It's matte though unlike the nice dewy face n body. Tackled pores and all... 10 stars!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No