Sephora Perfection Mist Airbrush Foundation

4.4

Isobutane, Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Butane, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Peg/Ppg-20/15 Dimethicone, Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Peg/Ppg-18/18 Dimethicone, Dimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Iron Oxides (Ci 77492), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Polyglyceryl-4-Isostearate, Cetyl Peg/Ppg 10/1 Dimethicone, Hexyl Laurate, Phenoxyethanol, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethiconol, Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Propylene Carbonate, Iron Oxide (Ci 77491), Hexylene Glycol, Iron Oxides (Ci 77499), Anthemis Nobilis (Chamomile) Flower Extract, Corallina Officinalis (Red Seaweed) Extract, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Carbomer, Polysorbate 20, Tocopherol, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7.

on 6/9/2015 3:50:00 PM

This is one of my holy grail products, it is so quick and easy to use. I found a colour that matches my skin tone perfect. I put my hair back and spray directly on my face, buff it in and then spread it out to my hair line and then spray a brush and touch up any redness. This provides great coverage and no redness shows through, it lasts all day and gives a flawless appearance. Also, you can't beat the price! Compared to some other high-end foundations this is a great deal.

on 5/19/2015 6:31:00 PM

This product is so GREY on the face!! beware! Everything else is perfect except the cast of greyness over my face so I returned it. Nc25 matched to the medium shade which was good. I prefer to spray this on my hand and use the real techniques buffer brush to blend. Matte look and last well. Doesn't feel heavy. But not worth it since the grey color ruins it. Do not recommend.

on 5/14/2015 12:16:00 AM

I was hoping that this product would do me good but it didn't. When I use this foundation I always break out. And the funny thing is that it goes on a certain color and after about 3 minutes it turns into a darker shade. It totally didn't match my skin. The other day I decided to mix it with another mousse creme foundation and I sprayed it directly on my hand. It burned and itched so badly. It's been 3 weeks and I still have the scar. I actually uploaded it to this review. You can clearly see the burn Mark around where I had put the other foundation. It didn't work for me at all.

on 5/12/2015 3:19:00 PM

I have oily, acne-prone skin with a lot of redness from scarring, but this foundation is great at covering and giving an even appearance. I use concealer under the foundation for better coverage and once I add it I can hardly see discoloration.

I spray it directly onto my face but cover my eyes/eyebrows and hair with toilet paper (I don't like it getting on my eyelashes or eyebrows because it's a little hard to get off) Then I either spray it directly onto my forehead or on my hand and then put it on my forehead. I use a beauty blender and it works amazingly! I set with a transparent powder and it looks great. Doesn't feel cakey on my face but sometimes I need to use a small brush to blend around my mouth because it can crease when I smile.

Staying power is pretty good in my opinion, considering how oily I am. I'm talking like I can soak an oil sheet with one round of patting. Additionally, I live in Houston where it's often very humid so that's a factor.

I get about a month out of every can before having to repurchase. Kind of a bummer because it's almost 30 bucks, but I've been using it for over a year so that says something!

on 5/12/2015 12:43:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Oh my God where has this been all my life?!

First things first, I'm pale. Not just light, but a cool porcelain. Companies don't make products in my colour - I've yet to find something from the Drugstore (too yellow!), even Sephora only carries a few lines I trust in lightness (namely Makeup Forever, sometimes NARS, and Cover FX).

So when I sprayed this on my hand (lightest shade 'Cream') and it matched - I knew I had to give it a try. I'd never used an aerosol foundation before. The salesgirl at Sephora told me to spray it on my brush before applying (using a Sonia Kashuk multipurpose brush) to get the best finish.

I tried this technique first, and wasn't overly impressed with the level of coverage I was getting vs. the amount of product I'd just sprayed onto (and around) my brush. Next, I tried spraying it directly on my face before blending (using a dabbing motion). PERFECTION. Why oh why is everyone saying not to spray directly on the face?! It made all the difference. It takes a hot minute to get the hang of (spray in a quick motion, 6-ish inches from the face, concentrating on the centre, then blend out), but is so worth it. And no - it doesn't get everywhere! All my product lands on my face, instead of settling in the brush.

The only downfall is how long a can lasts. I get 4 weeks, maybe a bit longer, out of a can. Usually foundations last (for me) longer than a month, but I can justify a monthly purchase of a product I love so much.

Since I enjoy full coverage, I apply a but of Cover FX's Total Cover Cream Foundation as a concealer on any spots I may have. I truly get the best flawless finish I've ever had (as someone who has tried everything).

Please try this! It's so worth it.

on 5/8/2015 8:52:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

I was disappointed in this. First the SA went to fawn which seems to be their go-to color which after wearing turned out to be too light for me. Then when I wore this the next day I had a hard time getting anything but sheer coverage. ( I like sheer coverage but this was super sheer.) With as many times as I had to spray on my brush I will be going through this can in a hurry. I think because color was too light and coverage too sheer I am going to return to Sephora and try again for the Dior airflash which is what I came into the store for in the first place.

Maybe you have to spray on your face for better coverage but then this will be super messy and I am not into that kind of application. I have already tried that with ERA and hated it. I prefer spraying it on something and then stippling or buffing it in.

I do like the price of this and that it was unscented.

on 4/12/2015 11:05:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I bought this back when there were only 5 shades. I hover around NC20-25, and got the Light. If re=buying, I'm sure I'd get the Fawn this time around, now that there's more shades. But I'm not sure there'll be another round. It's a brilliant foundation. Made my skin look air brushed perfect; no oxidation, no caking, no visible pores whatsoever, decent coverage, smooth and oil free many hours later too. So I saved it for 'special occasions' when I wanted my foundation to look better than normal for longer than normal. I'll be an optimist and say I've used it 2 dozen times. Went to use it last week and...pfffft....nothing left in the can. I tried to shake it, just to see if there was something in there and so the nozzle might be stuck, but no. Maybe it just dries up in there after a while, and so I should have thrown caution to the wind and just used it more regularly. Or it secretly leaks out through the nozzle. Or maybe I got a bad can. I don't know. But, yeah, major disappointment. Now, if they'd put this foundation in a bottle without the sprayer, I think I'd be all over it, but I know that defeats the purpose. So as of now, I can't say I wouldn't buy it again, but I can't say I would. Still, it's a beautiful formula for those lucky enough to get a whole can's worth out of it. So if you own this and like it: seize the day! Use it, enjoy it, savor it before it's too late!

on 4/11/2015 3:55:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

HG for me. I've searched for years. I spray onto a kabuki brush and tap it on. Truly looks air brushed!

on 3/18/2015 2:14:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I bought this after reading all the awesome reviews but it didn't work for me. I have a super oily t zone, and this foundation just didn't work. It has a beautiful finish and feels so nice and silky on the skin, but after a few hours of wearing it omg my skin looked like I had been running for miles it was horrible.it may be good for maybe 3-4 hours, but not for long wear, atleast for me it didn't work.

on 3/9/2015 12:57:00 PM

This product was horrible. It rubbed off if I even lightly brushed my face with my sleeve. I wouldn't even dare trying to hug someone with this on. Although the coverage was light and gave a nice finish, the fact that it took less than a second to rub off even after setting it with powder was a huge turn off. I returned this after only a few days of having it. Will never ever ever buy this product again and I most certainly do not recommend it.

Video Reviews & Tutorials