April 17, 2014 | 1842 users online

Powder - Kat Von D - Lock-It Powder Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2014 8:46:00 PM More reviews by racheldoll

HG. I use this daily and I think it's amazing. I start out with clean skin, apply some Dr Jart BB cream and MAC concealer if I need it, then dust this foundation on top with a large kabuki brush (I do not recommend using the sponge applicator with this foundation because it can look too heavy, imo) Anyway, I then dust some mattifying/finishing powder on top and my makeup honestly lasts all day and looks amazing. Kat's cosmetics are no joke. I can't express enough love. =)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2014 8:21:00 PM More reviews by handfulofgoo

As for the product itself, I'm in love with it!It's a smooth full coverage powder foundation that you don't need anything underneath with (only if you have severe acne I'd say) I have dry skin and with a creamy moisturizer, this doesn't accentuate my dryness. The packaging is beautiful, and sturdy. However, I hit pan on this fairly quick! I feel as if there isn't alot of product in the pan. I felt jipped, for the $34 I paid for this . I felt like my Mac Studio Fix Powder lasted longer in the pan. Maybe I'm crazy.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2013 3:42:00 PM More reviews by ishiharaseth

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

I had originally gone to Sephora to pick up something else, but I ended up falling in love with this foundation! It matches my skin tone perfectly, which is a feat in and of itself. To be honest, I generally cannot stand powder foundations - I prefer liquid - but this one goes on really easily. It gives just enough coverage while also feeling lightweight, and sets to a really lovely, flawless matte finish. Dunno how I lived without it before~!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/27/2013 1:44:00 PM More reviews by Jhulagurl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was looking for something similar to Mac Studio Fix Powder Plus, but this isn't it. It has NO coverage. I would consider this a translucent powder, nothing more. Totally disappointed in this since it claimed to have full coverage. It is totally overpriced.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/30/2013 10:59:00 PM More reviews by GigiMakeupStudio

This product is pretty good. What I don't like is the price. I bought it at Sephora for about $34. I'm sure there are other compact powder foundations that do the same thing for a better price.

But if you can get past the price, it's a lovely foundation. It gives pretty good coverage if applied with the sponge that it supplies you with. It stays on for a good amount of time. Really nothing special to me though.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/8/2013 3:38:00 PM More reviews by ktcolt

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have used Bare Minerals and MAC and I still like both of those, but I wanted something more full covereage. As I have aged it seems my cheeks are getting redder and redder. Rosecea maybe? Anyway, I liked the full coverage of this. DO NOT drop this on anything hard from any kind of height. I took this out of the package, fumbled it and fell onto the counter and shattered the powder cake inside. Thank goodness Sephora is forgiving!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2013 10:32:00 AM More reviews by countrybearjamboree

This is full coverage! I've tried a lot of different powder foundations (Dior, Pallidio, MAC, Estee Lauder, Lancome, BE, Milani) but this is truly the most full coverage one I have ever tried. One layer and it covers everything even redness. Also, this is bullet proof. I'm talking TV makeup! Nothing is going to break this baby down. I have oily skin so I'm very impressed with the performance of this foundation. Also, this does have a very matte finish and to prevent looking like a wax figure, I like to spritz a setting spray over this. I'm not one for full coverage foundations but with the holidays coming around and pictures, I wanted something more full cover. I'm actually going to buy the liquid version too. Even though this is full coverage, it doesn't feel heavy on the skin at all. Another great thing is that this doesn't upset my reactive skin. Many powder foundations will cause my skin to itch but this doesn't.
SHADES: Sephora offers 16 shades for this foundation. The bad news is that most of the shades in the medium category run very orange, think MAC NW30-40 orange! There is only one true warm toned shade w/o orange/pink which is my shade in this M57. I'm NC40 in MAC.
Ingredients: Talc, Nylon-12, Mica, Kaolin, Isoamyllaurate, Magnesium Myristate, Dimethicone, Boron Nitride,Phenyl Trimethicone, Zinc Stearate, Polyester-4, 1,2-Hexanediol,Caprylyl Glycol, Barium Sulfate, Dimethiconol. May Contain:Ci 77492 (Iron Oxide), Ci 77491 (Iron Oxide), Ci 77499 (Iron Oxide),Ci 19140 (Yellow 5 Lake).

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2013 2:43:00 PM More reviews by hypnautica

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I had tried Bare Minerals before this and had to end up taking the Bare Minerals back because it caused my face to break out so bad and did not cover well. I went on Sephora's website and done their section that ask what kind of makeup you are looking for and the Lock-It powder was on the list. So far I love it. It has a great coverage and doesn't cause my face to break out. The only down side is, it still gets oily after about 3hrs but I honestly don't think any product would stop my face from being oily.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2013 5:47:00 PM More reviews by OliveButtercup

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am not a faithful powder user, I try different brands here and there but never found one I liked enough to use religiously. My skin has not been great lately so I was on the hunt for something new. I'm not interested in liquid foundation caked all over my face. My skin is already greasy so adding more liquids and oils on top of it seems really unappealing to me. I wanted a powder with moderate coverage to hide some unevenness and reduce shine. This powder went on smooth and immediately reduced my shine greatly. Just a little swipe with my fluffy brush and dusted over my t-zone and it helped reduced redness, set my concealer, and get rid of all my oily shine. This product is great as it makes me look very put together with minimal time and effort. Reduces oil better than any powder I've used before and you can really layer the coverage.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/26/2013 12:39:00 PM More reviews by glamerous3059

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

ok my oily girls listen up. i like this better than foundation however i am not using alone, i am useing as a set powder or before i apply my foundation. im oilu so i need the extra coverage to stay matte. i am going to do review on teh liquid so check it out. i also have a youtube tutorial on the liquid foundation under my channell. - fearless feeme.

overall love th epackage, love the feel of it. have not tried it alone, maynot buy again cuz Ben Nye is cheaper and better powders.