October 22, 2014 | 947 users online

Powder - Kat Von D - Lock-It Powder Foundation

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2014 7:52:00 PM More reviews by Wendy1954

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Good color and decent coverage but I think there is too much of a dry powdery finish on the skin with this product. On it's own, it doesn't work. I tried it with a light coverage BB cream and that helps. I might try the liquid. I think this is like Smashbox Halo powder foundation.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2014 3:28:00 AM More reviews by lushlife505

I had high hopes for this and I am a sucker for a good powder foundation.
The shades can be deceiving so please go into the store and try some samples and even swatch a few and go outside in natural light an wear for a couple hours.
Do not just rely on the sales associate or the sephora shade matcher they have- it told me that the shade I needed was much darker and redder than my skintone. I tried it with the persistence of the SA and what do you know...oh thats right I had a bright reddish orange circle on my face that continued to darken LOL. oompa loompa TERRIBLE HAHAHA

So, in a much better shade- M53 was a nice match as well as M57. Both had a yellow tone M53 would probably be best for me in winter but was not bad once it settled on my skin. M57 also worked but looked more cakey as you could see it a bit more on my skin.
I found this to be very cakey!
It just did not look natural on the skin. As the day went on it did start to look better as my oils mixed with it but it still looked cakey in areas and did not help with my shiny skin.
I got just as oily as with any other foundation. The coverage it does provide starts to break down and separate as well. I did find that I could blend it back in with my fingers and it would look ok again then blot or powder as needed.
I have tried different brushes, using less, using more, you name it. Nothing worked to make this look flattering on the skin.
It looks very much like cake face and can be hard to blend into certain areas of the face, specially over concealer, I found that it kind of stuck to it and then looked very unnatural.
It looked very dry on the skin and I love a matte face but this was not matte it looked dry.
It was a heavy coverage but somehow did not cover the scars on my face well??? very weird.
Oh well on to the next one.

I may try the liquid but I am not a fan of liquids and Revlon whipped works very well for me so I don't have a need to really try it.

Up next IT cosmetics powder foundation

If anyone has suggestions for powder foundations for VERY oily skin please send me an email!!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/9/2014 5:37:00 PM More reviews by hollzz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love the liquid version of this foundation and in the hot heat of summer the liquid was not holding up on my skin. I decided to try the powder foundation even though I usually don't like powder foundations as they dry out my skin. This powder had a nice texture but didn't provide enough coverage. I would liken the level of coverage to my MAC MSFN but with a very dull matte finish. Skip this and stick with the liquid!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/11/2014 10:36:00 PM More reviews by apowerfulbeat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm typically not a powder foundation user but sometimes I like the ease and quickness of one. This product is very quick and easy to apply and looks good right after application. The finish isn't as matte as some powders are. I do not think it is full coverage like it claims to be, and whatever coverage it does have only lasts about two hours. I am a bit on the oily side but I don't set this foundation with powder (since it is a powder) but it does not control oil. After a few hours, my skin is very shiny and I do have to touch up with powder. Most of the cream/liquid foundations I've used aren't as bad as this.

I'm typically a NW20 and the lightest shade in this product is a bit too dark, which is another con.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2014 3:34:00 PM More reviews by xblindbanditx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this powder! It has coverage, so I just wear my favorite Clinique line-smoothing concealer over my moisturizer/ primer, then buff this powder all over my face, and voila. It makes me look fresh-faced and not cakey or powdery at all. The powder is just so silky and it stays. I was using the milani powder before this and I'm sure there are a lot of other great powders out there, but for my tan Indian skin, I think this product wins, so worth the investment.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2014 10:48:00 PM More reviews by lisamarie11

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I had bought the Kat Von D lock it tattoo foundation and i loved the coverage on it. So i decide to give the powder a try and i must say that i absolutely love it. It gives me the same coverage as it would if i were using the foundation. I use it for the days when i'm in a rush and don't have time to sit down and put my foundation on. I do have acne scars and this covers them pretty well.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2014 11:23:00 AM More reviews by tams32386

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Ahhhh Kat von D-you are amazing! I first tried this powder foundation out of desperation when the Sephora I went to was out of the liquid lock it foundation in my color (medium 54) so I got this. Okay, so I like a full coverage, and i wouldn't say this delivers it on it's own. If i wear it alone over moisturizer though, it is PRETTY amazing for a powder. Medium coverage for sure, blurs imperfections and looks very good on skin (not dry, flakey or cakey at all!). I will use it alone sometimes if that's the feel i'm in the mood for. But, most the time. I like the full coverage since I have acne marks and scarring. Using this over the kat von d foundation when I need to freshen up after a long day at work makes it look FRESH all over again. Also, using it over my revlon colorstay foundation is amazing too. It is probably the best powder foundation out there. Good for all skin types, although i'd say oily girls might like it more. It oxidizes (meaning after 2 or 3 minutes, it goes on and adjusts to your skin fully), so a little goes a long way. I've made the mistake of putting more and more on cause it appeared not to be enough and 5 minutes later I looked too dark. So yes, i'd recommend this!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2014 2:38:00 PM More reviews by went2fast

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This powder is amazing! I was looking for a lighter coverage for summer and since I was running out of MAC Studio Fix I decided to try something new. This powder glides on your face smoothly and collects really nicely on my MAC fluffy powder brush. Although the coverage is way less than the Studio Fix I like the way it sits better on my face and absolutelu love the fact that I can find my shade. Even NC15 was getting a little too dark and heavy for me so I recommend this to anyone who has a hard time finding their shade!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2014 11:25:00 PM More reviews by Monicagrin

"Your New Best friend" is what this product should be called! I wanted a product that had full to medium coverage and this product delivers that! Absolutely love this product, I would recommend it to anyone who has imperfections. Ive tried many products but this does not compare to others! It wont make you blotchy and it actually lasts a good six hours before needing to reapply again. Honestly the price wasn't a big deal to me because this stuff actually works so its a big win and it lasts for a long time (March 1st its now May16th and barely has a dent)While also the packaging is uber cute! I'm much more of a dark dramatic style girl and this goes well with my style. Overall would DEFINITELY buy again!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2014 12:44:00 AM More reviews by Jordanxoxxo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This stuff is great! It goes on like butter. I hate when I put on powder and when you look really close you can see it. This doesn't do that. I was skeptical because her liquid is just to cakey for me but when I tried this I was pleasantly surprised. A very natural finish. Buildable coverage. Just an all around great product. :)