Kat Von D Lock-It Powder Foundation

Talc, Nylon-12, Mica, Kaolin, Isoamyllaurate, Magnesium Myristate, Dimethicone, Boron Nitride,Phenyl Trimethicone, Zinc Stearate, Polyester-4, 1,2-Hexanediol,Caprylyl Glycol, Barium Sulfate, Dimethiconol. May Contain:Ci 77492 (Iron Oxide), Ci 77491 (Iron Oxide), Ci 77499 (Iron Oxide),Ci 19140 (Yellow 5 Lake).

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

ATTN light skinned Aussie girls! If you are light skinned and want to purchase of the Sephora Aus website, light 49 is way lighter than light 46! I went to Sephora seeing as light 46 looked too dark on the website, and as light 44 was sold out, I tried the other colours and I thought I was crazy when I discovered light 49 was shades lighter than 46. 46 is kind of a deepish pink toned ivory, and 49 is a light toned neutral slightly pink ivory. I'm more yellow/neutral but this works. I've only tried this for a day.. But it looks really natural.. not powdery at all, which is really strange! Love the packaging. (That may be the only reason I bought it :P) But yeah. If you found 46 too dark, definitely try 49. Or if available 44.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

I like this powder foundation. My HG is still Palladio herbal wet/dry powder foundation but this is a 2nd and I switch between the two. The coverage is great, it's about a medium with a light application. I've tried applying 2 layers to build it up to full coverage but that wasn't the greatest idea. It cakes if you try to build it up but a light dusting is really enough to conceal red spots. It wears well throughout the day with a primer. I get oily with this but I just blot the oil away and the powder keeps on looking good. My pores were covered up and I didn't feel like I even had foundation on. Definitely would repurchase.

What a weird product. Some days, it's incredible; other days, I look like a snake shedding its face off. I think it may have to do with the weather. It definitely doesn't hold up to Canadian winter... I think the extreme cold might cause the powder to crack while I'm wearing it. Otherwise, it's great. I'm interested to see how it holds up in the summer. It seems to stay put while whipping snow blasts my face, so it might be fairly water-resistant. The coverage is almost full. I apply it with a kabuki brush and pat it on. It lasts well with a silicone-based setting powder, but does seem to dry my skin out despite the fact that there is no oil control. I think it might be one of those products that reacts differently to each skin type.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I'm so in love with this powder! I was a die hard studio fix girl up until just this month. Kat Von D has the most amazing color selection for us fair skinned girls and her line saved my life once my NW10 starter looking too pink. I wear this over her foundation in Light 42 and it looks completely flawless. It's a very heavy duty powder that provides the best matte finish I've ever seen. My skin looks doll like with this on but I can't even tell I'm wearing it. It's silky and light feeling while providing full coverage. Her whole line is also vegan and cruelty free! Highly recommend this product to anyone but particularly to fair skinned girls who like me has a more neutral undertone. Kat does pale without doing pink and that's honestly something every other brand needs to take a look at.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I use this to set Kat's liquid and love it for that purpose. I had to use shade 49 in this and 44 in liquid. It is ok on its own but it is awesome used lightly to set the liquid. I have had it for nearly a year and still have a lot left. I don't use this everyday I tend to switch up foundations constantly.

Fine powder foundation. Not my colour but I may use it during summer.

I got the light 42 and it's the perfect match. This powder is smooth and velvety. I love it, it makes my skin look flawless

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Another powder foundation that was a fail for me. I tried it this week after reading reviews on MUA. I am oily only in my T-Zone. I wanted to like this foundation because the color was spot on. It looked lighter in the compact but once on it was perfect. After less than 2 hours I was shiny and had to touch up, after touch up I was even more oily. I couldn't wait to get home and wash this off of my face it felt like it just sat on the the top of my skin and never absorbed and felt sticky. I used a primer and then tried without a primer but still didn't work for me. My skin isn't super oily just t-zone and I'm in Texas so it is humid and I need a foundation that can handle the humidity and heat. I've been using Merle Norman Ultra Powder Foundation for 6 years and it works great it's just not perfect so I was looking to try something else.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

i loooooved everything about this foundation except they don't have my color, the undertones are off. it makes me really upset because this was a favorite for me :( if you can find a match i HIGHLY recommend!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Love love love this powder foundation. I have combo/oily skin and this keeps the shine at bay for a solid 9-10 hours. Great color selection so the Sephora rep didn't have any trouble matching my skin tone. I didn't care for the little sponge it came with so I used my powder foundation brush and it went on quick and even. luckily the color stays true all day even in humid weather. I live in FL so humidity is a daily issue.
This is also a cruelty free brand. No little bunnies were harmed in an effort to make you look beautiful. Definitely worth trying. I used to only use Chantecaille powder foundation but this coverage is much better. Its advertised as full coverage but I would say it's med to full. Will be repurchasing. Happy shopping.