Kat Von D Lock-It Powder Foundation

Talc, Nylon-12, Mica, Kaolin, Isoamyllaurate, Magnesium Myristate, Dimethicone, Boron Nitride,Phenyl Trimethicone, Zinc Stearate, Polyester-4, 1,2-Hexanediol,Caprylyl Glycol, Barium Sulfate, Dimethiconol. May Contain:Ci 77492 (Iron Oxide), Ci 77491 (Iron Oxide), Ci 77499 (Iron Oxide),Ci 19140 (Yellow 5 Lake).

on 7/20/2015 7:24:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I'm a huge fan of the Kat Von D Lock-It liquid foundation. Once you know how to use it right, it's a fantastic full coverage option.

I use the powder foundation after the liquid foundation. I very lightly apply the powder with a kabuki brush. This helps to "set" the foundation, prevent transfer and reduce shine. It also gives a smooth finish.

For casual days just running errands, I stick with the powder foundation. Alone it smooths out my skin tone, diminishes redness and hides some marks. It does not give the coverage the liquid kind does right way. You *can* build up coverage and there are some YouTube videos on how to do so.

Love this stuff. The packaging is great and durable. The product lasts a long time and compared to many other foundations, the price point isn't bad.

Will repurchase as long as it exists!

Oh, please make sure you get the right color. If they don't have a shade that works for you, don't purchase it. I usually wear 44 but the girls at Sephora convinced me 45 would work when they ran out. Nope. Way too yellow and pale.

on 5/9/2015 10:46:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I like this powder foundation, but I'm not in love with it. so far it's the best powder foundation I've used, but it definitely doesn't live up to its name. it's not 24 hour wear, and doesn't control oil that well. if you apply a mattifying primer first, it does stay on your face a bit better. after 5 hours it can look a little like sludge on your oily areas. I do however like wearing this lightly on top of a liquid foundation with a powder brush- gives a nice air brushed look.

on 4/12/2015 11:54:00 PM

I was looking for a long lasting powder foundation with full coverage and this seemed to fit the bill perfectly, based on reviews. I typically wear the palest or 2nd palest shade but in Sephora I was matched to the 4th lightest, #46. I looked at it in daylight in Sephora and loved the coverage and shade match. I was absolutely horrified when 20 minutes later I got back to my car and saw the foundation had oxidized to an awful orange color. By the time I got home 20 minutes later, it was even darker. I have never seen anything like it, I looked like an Oompa Loompa. Returned it to Sephora today and out of curiosity tried the lightest shade, waited 15 mins walking around the store and the same thing happened. Looked like a really bad bronzer.

on 4/4/2015 8:44:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

This is the best powder I've ever used in my 7yrs of using makeup!! Lol. I love this full-coverage powder. It Last all day for me, I think this cost me $24 but the price is worth it because even though I wear makeup ever other day, this will last. Love love! I also have the Kat Von D foundation. Love her brand.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

Where have you been all of my life Kat? I needed this in my late teens and early twenties, I needed this foundation, the liquid foundation, and the matching concealer so BAD! I'm so in love with this foundation and I've only worn it for a week, but it's purrfect for my oily/uneven skin tone. This looks gorgeous on me, and I will probably wear it much more often than the Lock It Liquid Foundation which I also bought and love. This doesn't feel heavy or cakey, doesn't settle into my fine lines and wrinkles. And it freakin covers scars just like the liquid does! I'm sure it would cover pimples too, especially with the concealer too, but I don't have a current pimple to test that theory. But it makes me look damn close to flawless,especially with a primer under it, and the concealer to hide my hideous dark circles. And I already know this won't break me out too, if it was going to, my skin would be itchy right away, and a pimple would pop up within a few hours to a few days. So far so good!

Oh and it's a reasonable price! And the packaging is so cute, it has a mirror, and she included a little sponge, ( which BTW YES old ladies like me still use those!) LOL

I highly recommend this powder foundation if you are oily/acne prone/ or have scars you need to hide! This stuff is so much better than MAC studio fix, Laura Mercier, Dermablend, & any drug store cheapie I've EVER found.

LOVE IT

OH and I just want to say this too, I don't believe Kat Von D is anti-semite! It's been going around that she is, because she told off her a**h**e boss, but that doesn't mean she's anti-semite! I've also had butthead Jewish bosses, and Catholic ones for that matter. It doesn't mean I am anti-semite! I love cute Jewish boys...

sorry for the rant, but it matters when people are judging these products based on horrid rumors ..And they are unfortunately, when it's a shame, because everything I've tried so far by her I truly did love enough buy, and I'm so picky with foundations it's unreal.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

ok first of all ive never written a review for anything before, but i just had to tell people how much i love this awesome product!!!!! A little pricey at $34....but definitely worth it. Started the day off with this over concealer only, and it totally blurred out my pores and covered dark spots and acne scars. Midday face got a tiny bit shiny, but nothing compared to how my face was before i started using this product. Im going back to Sephora to get a second one to keep in my purse for afternoon touchups!!!!!

on 2/3/2015 11:11:00 AM

I'm a huge fan of Kat Von D's products for the most part but unfortunately this powder just isn't for me. I purchased it in Light 46 which is actually a perfect fit for my skintone and the texture is creamy and smooth and it applies flawlessly. If only it stayed that way! It just doesn't last however and my biggest complaint is that I can "feel" it on my face. I don't know if that makes any sense but I can and by mid-day all I want to do is wash this off my face.

The Sephora website says this powder gives you a "flawless, matte finish" and also says this powder is "budge-proof...smudge- and sweat-proof." I'm not sure about all that...by mid-morning I find my face is a grease-pit that I've had to blot at least once if not twice. By mid-day it's flaky and creased around my chin and nose and by the end of my work day it's pretty much gone from my face as a result of all the blotting I've had to do. I can see this working for someone with dry or normal skin, but not oily/combination like mine. I'm going back to my MAC Careblend Pressed Powder which is amazing. As far as Kat Von D's Lock-It Powder Foundation goes...Dislike!

on 12/18/2014 3:17:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Ugh. I have tried so many powder foundations on the market of all price ranges & I've yet to find one that's up to par. Perhaps it's just time I accept that powder foundations are not suited for my skintype (NC10, super oily, acne prone).

Let's start with my biggest complaint: oil absorbing properties. My pizza face lasted about 2 hours before I had to touch up with a finishing powder. As the day dragged on it is honestly a losing battle, as my go-to finishing powder was no longer able to absorb the oil & it turned into a cakey sludge on my face. Additionally, this broke me out. I went through the ingredients list carefully *before* purchasing & to be honest I did not see any triggering ingredients in it. I am 99% positive that I broke out from my own oil production, not an ingredient in the powder itself. HOWEVER, that's exactly why I opted for a powder...to control my oil. This break out could have been avoided if the powder preformed as advertised.

Moving forward, the coverage is nothing special. I was still able to see my redness even after caking this on. I had to use a bronzer on my neck because the shade Light (advertised as pale with yellow undertones) is a medium orange.

The only thing I liked about this product was the packaging, and even then, it has its flaws. Yes, the case is beautiful. I love KVD's logo on it. However was it really necessary to bulk up the product with a compact sponge holder? I don't know anyone that still uses sponges these days to apply powder! Either way it makes the powder packaging too big for a useless reason.

I will not repurchase.

TOO DARK :( even the light 44 was so damn yellow on me , I wanted to live this beciase the coverage was so bomb but alas it was a no for me, ime on Kat make a white powder for us white chicks that are ghostly

on 10/11/2014 7:52:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Good color and decent coverage but I think there is too much of a dry powdery finish on the skin with this product. On it's own, it doesn't work. I tried it with a light coverage BB cream and that helps. I might try the liquid. I think this is like Smashbox Halo powder foundation.