July 30, 2014 | 1757 users online

Powder - Kat Von D - Lock-It Powder Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2014 3:34:00 PM More reviews by xblindbanditx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this powder! It has coverage, so I just wear my favorite Clinique line-smoothing concealer over my moisturizer/ primer, then buff this powder all over my face, and voila. It makes me look fresh-faced and not cakey or powdery at all. The powder is just so silky and it stays. I was using the milani powder before this and I'm sure there are a lot of other great powders out there, but for my tan Indian skin, I think this product wins, so worth the investment.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2014 10:48:00 PM More reviews by lisamarie11

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I had bought the Kat Von D lock it tattoo foundation and i loved the coverage on it. So i decide to give the powder a try and i must say that i absolutely love it. It gives me the same coverage as it would if i were using the foundation. I use it for the days when i'm in a rush and don't have time to sit down and put my foundation on. I do have acne scars and this covers them pretty well.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2014 11:23:00 AM More reviews by tams32386

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Ahhhh Kat von D-you are amazing! I first tried this powder foundation out of desperation when the Sephora I went to was out of the liquid lock it foundation in my color (medium 54) so I got this. Okay, so I like a full coverage, and i wouldn't say this delivers it on it's own. If i wear it alone over moisturizer though, it is PRETTY amazing for a powder. Medium coverage for sure, blurs imperfections and looks very good on skin (not dry, flakey or cakey at all!). I will use it alone sometimes if that's the feel i'm in the mood for. But, most the time. I like the full coverage since I have acne marks and scarring. Using this over the kat von d foundation when I need to freshen up after a long day at work makes it look FRESH all over again. Also, using it over my revlon colorstay foundation is amazing too. It is probably the best powder foundation out there. Good for all skin types, although i'd say oily girls might like it more. It oxidizes (meaning after 2 or 3 minutes, it goes on and adjusts to your skin fully), so a little goes a long way. I've made the mistake of putting more and more on cause it appeared not to be enough and 5 minutes later I looked too dark. So yes, i'd recommend this!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2014 2:38:00 PM More reviews by went2fast

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This powder is amazing! I was looking for a lighter coverage for summer and since I was running out of MAC Studio Fix I decided to try something new. This powder glides on your face smoothly and collects really nicely on my MAC fluffy powder brush. Although the coverage is way less than the Studio Fix I like the way it sits better on my face and absolutelu love the fact that I can find my shade. Even NC15 was getting a little too dark and heavy for me so I recommend this to anyone who has a hard time finding their shade!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2014 11:25:00 PM More reviews by Monicagrin

"Your New Best friend" is what this product should be called! I wanted a product that had full to medium coverage and this product delivers that! Absolutely love this product, I would recommend it to anyone who has imperfections. Ive tried many products but this does not compare to others! It wont make you blotchy and it actually lasts a good six hours before needing to reapply again. Honestly the price wasn't a big deal to me because this stuff actually works so its a big win and it lasts for a long time (March 1st its now May16th and barely has a dent)While also the packaging is uber cute! I'm much more of a dark dramatic style girl and this goes well with my style. Overall would DEFINITELY buy again!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2014 12:44:00 AM More reviews by Jordanxoxxo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This stuff is great! It goes on like butter. I hate when I put on powder and when you look really close you can see it. This doesn't do that. I was skeptical because her liquid is just to cakey for me but when I tried this I was pleasantly surprised. A very natural finish. Buildable coverage. Just an all around great product. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2014 8:46:00 PM More reviews by racheldoll

HG. I use this daily and I think it's amazing. I start out with clean skin, apply some Dr Jart BB cream and MAC concealer if I need it, then dust this foundation on top with a large kabuki brush (I do not recommend using the sponge applicator with this foundation because it can look too heavy, imo) Anyway, I then dust some mattifying/finishing powder on top and my makeup honestly lasts all day and looks amazing. Kat's cosmetics are no joke. I can't express enough love. =)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2014 8:21:00 PM More reviews by handfulofgoo

As for the product itself, I'm in love with it!It's a smooth full coverage powder foundation that you don't need anything underneath with (only if you have severe acne I'd say) I have dry skin and with a creamy moisturizer, this doesn't accentuate my dryness. The packaging is beautiful, and sturdy. However, I hit pan on this fairly quick! I feel as if there isn't alot of product in the pan. I felt jipped, for the $34 I paid for this . I felt like my Mac Studio Fix Powder lasted longer in the pan. Maybe I'm crazy.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2013 3:42:00 PM More reviews by ishiharaseth

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

I had originally gone to Sephora to pick up something else, but I ended up falling in love with this foundation! It matches my skin tone perfectly, which is a feat in and of itself. To be honest, I generally cannot stand powder foundations - I prefer liquid - but this one goes on really easily. It gives just enough coverage while also feeling lightweight, and sets to a really lovely, flawless matte finish. Dunno how I lived without it before~!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2013 1:44:00 PM More reviews by Jhulagurl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was looking for something similar to Mac Studio Fix Powder Plus, but this isn't it. It has NO coverage. I would consider this a translucent powder, nothing more. Totally disappointed in this since it claimed to have full coverage. It is totally overpriced.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No