January 29, 2015 | 2100 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Sephora - Beauty Blender

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2015 3:02:00 PM More reviews by Sara44

WOW! I was doubtful of how a little pink sponge could work and cost 20 dollars but it is worth it! This really does make for a flawless foundation finish. Even those dry areas I developed around my eyebrows from the winter weather can't be seem after using this and some how (not sure if it's from soaking it in water before using?) it gives me a healthy dewy glow. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this little sponge and is a new staple in my makeup routine.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/2/2015 6:29:00 PM More reviews by kickasschick

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Horrible!

I bought this a few years ago and initially liked it, but about 3 days after using it I started having terrible breakouts. I stopped using it and my skin cleared almost overnight. A couple days ago I decided to try it again (thinking maybe it was my foundation the last time), but again my skin broke out. Everyday there was a new pimple to match the others on my face. I will never use this again.

I tried to clean the blender after each use. I noticed that it takes a long time for it to dry. Also, there was always a lot of pink dye coming out while washing. Perhaps thats what was bothering my skin. Overall, never again!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2014 11:02:00 PM More reviews by alyssacallahan93

I was really back and forth about buying a beauty blender since they came out. I heard all of the hype but I wasn't convinced that this would be any sort of miracle product, plus it was super pricey so I didn't think it would be worth the purchase. WELL, I finally gave in and decided to buy one and it was the best decision I ever made. This sponge is some sort of magic because my foundation looks airbrushed when I use the Beauty Blender to apply it. It goes on flawlessly and there are never any streaks or patches, the make up blends into my face perfectly. Honestly if you are considering buying one of these, DO IT. You will not be disappointed!!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/22/2014 4:42:00 PM More reviews by emceestyle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this as a gift. I really like this as it makes my concealer/foundation go on flawlessly. However, I found dark spots on my sponge after a few washes. I didn't let it dry completely before placing it back into the container which allowed mold to grow. This is pretty expensive so I will try real techniques sponge first.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2014 5:06:00 PM More reviews by SepiaRose

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I gave in to the hype and bought the beauty blender when they were having a sale at Sephora and got the two pack. I didn't have too many expectations because how often do these 'amazing' 'miracle' products deliver on their claims? I mean the difference between this and my fluffy kabuki brush could only be slight at best.

Let me tell you a thing.

This little pink thing performed magic on my face. I don't wear liquid makeup all that often, only when I want to look particularly flawless and lovely for special occasions or nights out or something and when I used this to put on my MAC face and body I ended up with the smoothest, dewiest, most natural looking face I think I've ever achieved. Like VELVET. I was really impressed with how well the pointed end blended my concealer, up til now only my fingers have worked to get my concealer looking the way it's supposed to. I've tried brushes, those old school white foam wedges, EVERYTHING and nothing has worked as well as the beauty blender. I'm in love and I'm so happy I got the two pack as it will probably last me years. HG product for sure.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 10/2/2014 10:35:00 AM More reviews by puke

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I like Max Factor sea sponge much better. My sugar cone is stale.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2014 10:20:00 AM More reviews by MisstinaaR

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm in love!!! I love the way I can apply my pressed powder with this and I get more coverage than using a brush! It also feels better on my skin than a brush ( more gentle because I am patting)
Overall, it's easy to use and I feel like I'm not wasting product. The girl at sephora said it picks up more product than a brush would... So I don't know, seems right to me. The only thing I hate is that it's very expensive (20 bucks!!) . If I needed a new one I would have to say I would spend the money!!

Update: I've started to use my face brushes again. The makeup on my face doesn't get evenly spread out enough with this. Maybe if I want minimal coverage with only pressed powder it's okay

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2014 12:26:00 PM More reviews by fletchycat

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Why did I wait so long to buy this??!! Oh yeah, the price. =) So I finally broke down and purchased the beauty blender (and cleanser) and I must say I am now convinced there is no better way to apply liquid foundation.
Now in the summer I usually wear mineral makeup more often (heat, sweat, laziness) but for special events or nights out I prefer the look of liquid. My skin is usually a little on the dry side and have little eye wrinkles and those pesky 11's between the brows and a lot of redness around the nose so getting even coverage is always a challenge.
The instructions were easy and the very first application with it was easy and noticeably better looking. I love it!
I use primer (Palladio) and light moisturizer (in summer- heavier in winter) and after foundation I set with powder (either MUFA or Mineral Veil) and I could not be happier with the result. I also use the beauty blender to apply liquid blush (damn you Sonia Kashuk for discontinuing my HG liquid blush!) and it was fantastic.
I did learn a little trick about cleaning the beauty blender-- after using it, set it on pedestal to dry and clean it just before you need to use it again (because you have to wet it to use it) and this works much better than cleaning it directly after use. =)

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2014 9:29:00 PM More reviews by sadielovesmakeup06

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have always been a supporter of the cheaper versions, in fact i used to buy them in bulk to always have some available. I've given them to friends to use, and always loved them... Until I tried This one! After having my wedding makeup applied, I decided to splurge on it, and I could not be happier I did!! I will always be on the lookout for a just as good cheaper one! However, this blows all the others out of the water in my opinion. I have amazing coverage, and applicaton ease when using this! My foundation looks nicely airbrushed, and strangely tends to be less oily. The brand does offer cleansers to clean the sponge and I HIGHLY recommend the solid one! The cleansing properties are unparalleled to anything else I have tried!! All in all, if you can splurge, you should, but the other versions are ok.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2014 9:46:00 PM More reviews by rocio2011

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I received it as a gift since my family knows how much I love make up. It honestly has changed my daily routine. I use tinted moisturizer then go in with foundation on my problem areas and afterwards I use conclear. Before it took me a while to blend each product now it just takes seconds. I would not repurchase because of the cost had it not been a gift I don't think I would have been able to know the wonders. if you have that type of disposable income then you should definitely purchase this great product.