Sephora Beauty Blender

4.5

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I love this sponge - I have two and I'm considering a third. It makes me question the purpose of my foundation brushes sometimes. I have taken off a lippie - not for the price, although it is pretty expensive for a sponge - but whenever I clean it with soap, I feel like the soap residue gets left behind no matter how many times I rub and scrub and run it under water. (The next day when I put water on it to expand the sponge, it still has soap bubbles). Fortunately, it hasn't broken me out despite this little part..but it feels a bit unhygienic for me. However, the output of using the sponge on my face has been so amazing that I still use this.

But it does blend beautifully, I love how cute it is. highly recommended~

on 3/1/2015 3:51:00 PM

Makeup application is truly flawless with this sponge. I apply by dotting spots of foundation on my face and then tapping/ patting the dampened sponge all over my face until it's all blended.
The price of this sponge is obnoxious and I've found knockoffs that are almost as good. It's because of the ridiculous price I give it 4 lippies instead of 5. It really works well though.

on 2/23/2015 1:08:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

I have tried it couple of times, never worked for me. But then I decided to give another try and now I love it! I wet it under running water, squeeze out water, paper-towel dry it and then dip into my fav Armani Luminous Silk foundation. It is really easy to apply, I love the smooth,, natural finish and it takes so much faster than using a brush.
The only problem is - I dislike washing it after each use (I dislike using dirty used make-up brushes next day, so I always wash them at night). It can be tricky to wash it, also the pink color is coming out like crazy, so I feel like "What kind of chemicals are in there!??" So I suggest using room temp water (not hot or warm) - otherwise you will have pink sink!
I WISH they made it NATURAL without any chemical color pigments!!!!
Another problem - how to air dry it? I dislike leaving it on the counter where dust will settle on top (I usually wrap clean tissue over my brushes, so they don't get dusty over night. I might do the same thing with this sponge (just place it over, so the air can still get to it).
Also, I think that $20 for this little thing is too much.

on 2/19/2015 4:45:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

I have my beauty blenders for about a year and I've been inlove with these lil sponges,they are amazing for all types of liquid and cream foundations,blends it seemlessly into the skin with no streaking or cakey look that sometimes brushes leave behind,I went through a phase when I got a collection of dupes because let's get real no sane woman would want to pay that much money for a sponge! But then again the bb isn't just another typical makeup sponge so i plucked up the courage,gave into trend/hype and bought the beauty blender REALLY hoping I wasn't going to regret it and I didn't infact I have all the diff colors .In comparison with all the dupes I've come across I would say that the original sucks up much less foundation,its also a lot less dense which makes it easier to manipulate to get into corners like sides of the nose and the inner corner of the eye area,it sheers down foundations so I would not recomend using this with a bb cream or a light coverage foundation,I use this with foundation like mac prolongwear,Estee lauder double wear also works very well with the kat von D foundation. Now with the cleaning part which is a BIG TURN OF from using the sponge,I did buy my blenders with the blender cleanser as all the beauty blenders I've bought were duo packs 2 sponges and a blender cleaners,which surprise!! The cleaners dos'nt work on the sponge even though it was made for that purpose,which forced me to find an alternative which is the nivea shower oil,yes I know not what anyone would expect,I wanted something to remove the stains on my synthetic brushes and my bb without damaging them so I mix 1tsp of any antibacterial germ killing face wash with 2 tsps of shower oil and it kills all the germs on my blender plus removes stains,I use this everytime I wash my blender or brushes. Overall I love the blender I would repurchase when the time comes to replace them but I would not get the cleasner with it.

on 2/15/2015 11:18:00 PM

This sponge. My Lord- this sponge.
My makeup game is on point with this small pink piece of makeup clouds surely there is some makeup god that cries tears of these. My foundation finally has that natural airbrushed look to it. No flakes, no patches, just a seamless even coverage.

While $20 seems like a lot to pay for a sponge, I'd rather pay that than waste my money on endless dupes or have to live with terrible makeup. Well done.

on 1/14/2015 3:02:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

WOW! I was doubtful of how a little pink sponge could work and cost 20 dollars but it is worth it! This really does make for a flawless foundation finish. Even those dry areas I developed around my eyebrows from the winter weather can't be seem after using this and some how (not sure if it's from soaking it in water before using?) it gives me a healthy dewy glow. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this little sponge and is a new staple in my makeup routine.

Horrible!

I bought this a few years ago and initially liked it, but about 3 days after using it I started having terrible breakouts. I stopped using it and my skin cleared almost overnight. A couple days ago I decided to try it again (thinking maybe it was my foundation the last time), but again my skin broke out. Everyday there was a new pimple to match the others on my face. I will never use this again.

I tried to clean the blender after each use. I noticed that it takes a long time for it to dry. Also, there was always a lot of pink dye coming out while washing. Perhaps thats what was bothering my skin. Overall, never again!

I was really back and forth about buying a beauty blender since they came out. I heard all of the hype but I wasn't convinced that this would be any sort of miracle product, plus it was super pricey so I didn't think it would be worth the purchase. WELL, I finally gave in and decided to buy one and it was the best decision I ever made. This sponge is some sort of magic because my foundation looks airbrushed when I use the Beauty Blender to apply it. It goes on flawlessly and there are never any streaks or patches, the make up blends into my face perfectly. Honestly if you are considering buying one of these, DO IT. You will not be disappointed!!!!

on 10/22/2014 4:42:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I got this as a gift. I really like this as it makes my concealer/foundation go on flawlessly. However, I found dark spots on my sponge after a few washes. I didn't let it dry completely before placing it back into the container which allowed mold to grow. This is pretty expensive so I will try real techniques sponge first.

on 10/19/2014 5:06:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

I gave in to the hype and bought the beauty blender when they were having a sale at Sephora and got the two pack. I didn't have too many expectations because how often do these 'amazing' 'miracle' products deliver on their claims? I mean the difference between this and my fluffy kabuki brush could only be slight at best.

Let me tell you a thing.

This little pink thing performed magic on my face. I don't wear liquid makeup all that often, only when I want to look particularly flawless and lovely for special occasions or nights out or something and when I used this to put on my MAC face and body I ended up with the smoothest, dewiest, most natural looking face I think I've ever achieved. Like VELVET. I was really impressed with how well the pointed end blended my concealer, up til now only my fingers have worked to get my concealer looking the way it's supposed to. I've tried brushes, those old school white foam wedges, EVERYTHING and nothing has worked as well as the beauty blender. I'm in love and I'm so happy I got the two pack as it will probably last me years. HG product for sure.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools