Sephora Beauty Blender

4.3

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

As a longtime, makeup veteran I absolutely LOVE ❤️this product!!!! I was so skeptical of a sponge, and I even tried a sponge several years ago, but was disappointed. After some research, I decided to try the actual Beauty Blender and see if it made a difference. WOW...so glad I did, it is amazing:):):). I am NC35 and I use Estée Lauder double wear in Honey Bronze with this sponge. Just run water over the sponge til it soaks in good and expands then squeeze all the water out, pat it on a dry towel lightly then dab on your foundation and perfection!!!!

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I was wanting the beauty blender for a long time before purchasing one and I have been disappointed if I'm being honest. I don't know if I'm applying it incorrectly but I've noticed that it doesn't blend as well as I have seen on past videos. The casing surrounding the beauty blender protects it from being damaged and misshaped.
I wanted a beauty blender for my new cream contour pallet and I found that a brush blended it a lot better.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

So I finally caved and bought the beauty blender because I've heard so many good reviews. Usually, I blend my foundation, contour and highlight with my brushes. I was kind of disappointed using the beauty blender because it created the same finish I can do with my brushes. Don't get me wrong, it still creates a nice, even finish, but I could do exactly the same with my brushes, so I just don't think it's worth the price if you're already skilled at the application of foundation, concealer, contour, etc. I'll include a list of the pros and cons of using the beauty blender: pros: slightly faster than blending with brushes, only need the sponge as opposed to multiple brushes, easy for beginners. Cons: expensive, needs to be thoroughly washed after each use, and bulky for using in small areas like the corner of the eye, nose. Overall, this does work but I would not repurchase seeing as I have all the tools already to create a flawless foundation finish without a $28 (CAD) sponge.

Finally reviewing this. I didn't care for this for a long time. It doesn't work well for me for applying liquid foundation but I love it for "baking" my undereye area with LM translucent powder. It also works surprisingly well with powder foundation. I haven't tried any of the dupes but don't mind the price since it lasts so long for me. My favorite way to clean the BB is with the solid cleanser sold be the same company

This is better than any brush I've used, but I find it's very difficult to clean. No matter how well you clean it, after a few times of use, it'll start to stain. I have replaced my beauty blender three times so far because of this. Although the price of $20 isn't bad for an amazing finish, it adds up when you continue replacing them. Overall, I am very happy. Blending is great for foundation and concealer, I have never used a better quality sponge, and no brushes I've used so far have compared.

I cannot go a day without this sponge
It is amazing

PROS
You can control the amount of product that ends up onto your face in the end as it does all the blending for you , all you do is press on
Gives you a flawless look
Blends seamlessly
Airbrush effect
Reusable you just have to clean after each use
To use just soak under water and squeeze the excess to get a spongey effect

CONS
Can build up bacteria but with good sanitary strategies this can be avoided like every other product

I liked this product, it really did make my foundation blend nicely and look great. It absolutely has to be used wet or just don't even bother with it. I was annoyed that it tore the third time I used it, I'm not even sure how, I'm assuming because of my finger nails. The $30 price tag is just a little too steep for a sponge in my opinion, there would have to be a pretty good sale on for me to repurchase.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Im in love. It will make your foundation flawless. I had to get mine off eBay, coast me $24 aus fyi, because i don't think any department store in Australia sells it and i didn't want a knock off copy cat.
Im glad i waited and got the real deal.
If you don't have one get one simple as that. :)

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I'll start with positives.. It's really a cute little sponge. I like the packaging and how the container acts like a little stand for the damp sponge. That's all I got for positives. I find this to be mediocre. I picked up a real techniques sponge very similar to the beauty blender and I liked it a lot but couldn't ignore the praise the beauty blender gets. I went to ulta for something and ended up asking an employee if she had used the beauty blender and if she felt the real techniques sponge was comparable, her response was that nothing was comparable to a beauty blender and since ulta doesn't even sell the beauty blender, I was impressed and needed it asap. I went to sephora and could not wait to try it out. Idk...I don't care for it, its not bad but for the price absolutely not worth it. I feel real techniques is far superior.. Its softer, has a flat edge which makes blending easier in my opinion. This is a time when more money didn't equal a better product for me. It just feels very "meh" to me, real techniques wins this match.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

This sponge is seriously the best thing ever invented!! I LOVE it and can't live without it!! It's better than any brush out there! There are many replicas but there's serious no dupe for it this is the real deal and well worth the $23!! It's very long lasting and it's just the best! It seriously blends out any product so easily and flawless! You can use it for foundation, concealer, to blend out cream contour. It's the best and I recommend this to everyone!! I will seriously trade it ANY foundation brush for this little sponge any day! I love it !

Popular Misc Beauty Tools