Sephora Beauty Blender

4.4

on 4/25/2015 7:53:00 PM

This is a fabulous little sponge. I had tried avoiding the steep cost for a little sponge by trying several dupes at first, but ultimately gave in and bought a 2 pack for 23.00 which is crazy since one is 19.99. So if you're going to buy one, search online for the two pack. You won't regret it..

This little beauty of a sponge works wonders at bending and applying any type of product, cream, powder, liquid and basically any cosmetic item, including moisturizers etc. Just wet it totally and squeeze out excess water and quickly dab on a clean towel and you're ready to roll.
I was a skeptic at first for a while and am glad I finally bought the two pack. I dont use it every day but I've been using just one for about a year. I haven't touched the other one.

It's easy to clean and the plastic container it comes in serves as the perfect platform to allow it to dry on thoroughly. I haven't noticed any wear/tear as of yet but I can see how daily use would cause it to last a year or less.

If you don't have one you're missing out on one of the best ways to seamlessly blend foundation and other products perfectly.

on 4/5/2015 2:27:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I have very dry to dry skin and I cannot uses brushes on my skin. Brushes flake up my dry patches and irritate my skin. Finally I tried the beauty blender and LOVE it! It works wonderfully and leaves the most flawless finish that I can get on my dry skin. I've been using it for about 2 years now and I repurchase one about every 6 months. I squeeze it a few times under warm water to get it bigger and absorb some water and then squeeze out water about two or three times, leaving it pretty damp. I use one of those plastic paint circle things to put my makeup on it and I just dab it into the makeup and apply. Love this thing and I definitely recommend it!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I love this sponge - I have two and I'm considering a third. It makes me question the purpose of my foundation brushes sometimes. I have taken off a lippie - not for the price, although it is pretty expensive for a sponge - but whenever I clean it with soap, I feel like the soap residue gets left behind no matter how many times I rub and scrub and run it under water. (The next day when I put water on it to expand the sponge, it still has soap bubbles). Fortunately, it hasn't broken me out despite this little part..but it feels a bit unhygienic for me. However, the output of using the sponge on my face has been so amazing that I still use this.

But it does blend beautifully, I love how cute it is. highly recommended~

on 3/1/2015 3:51:00 PM

Makeup application is truly flawless with this sponge. I apply by dotting spots of foundation on my face and then tapping/ patting the dampened sponge all over my face until it's all blended.
The price of this sponge is obnoxious and I've found knockoffs that are almost as good. It's because of the ridiculous price I give it 4 lippies instead of 5. It really works well though.

on 2/23/2015 1:08:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

I have tried it couple of times, never worked for me. I wet it under running water, squeeze out water, paper-towel dry it and then dip into my fav Armani Luminous Silk foundation. It is really easy to apply, I love the smooth finish. However it also makes my skin look drier than is, and it flakes up my dry patches too much.
I also dislike washing it after each use (I wash my make-up brushes after each use). It can be tricky to wash it, also the pink color is coming out like crazy! What kind of chemicals/dyes are in there!? I suggest using room temp water (not hot or warm) - otherwise you will have pink sink!
I WISH they made it NATURAL without any chemical color pigments!!!!
Another problem - how to air dry it? I dislike leaving it on the counter where dust will settle on top (I usually wrap clean tissue over my brushes, so they don't get dusty over night. I might do the same thing with this sponge (just place it over, so the air can still get to it).
Also, I think that $20 for this little thing is too much.
UPDATE: They came out with natural (no dye used to add color) blender. However, I prefer my foundation brush, much easier.

on 2/19/2015 4:45:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

I have my beauty blenders for about a year and I've been inlove with these lil sponges,they are amazing for all types of liquid and cream foundations,blends it seemlessly into the skin with no streaking or cakey look that sometimes brushes leave behind,I went through a phase when I got a collection of dupes because let's get real no sane woman would want to pay that much money for a sponge! But then again the bb isn't just another typical makeup sponge so i plucked up the courage,gave into trend/hype and bought the beauty blender REALLY hoping I wasn't going to regret it and I didn't infact I have all the diff colors .In comparison with all the dupes I've come across I would say that the original sucks up much less foundation,its also a lot less dense which makes it easier to manipulate to get into corners like sides of the nose and the inner corner of the eye area,it sheers down foundations so I would not recomend using this with a bb cream or a light coverage foundation,I use this with foundation like mac prolongwear,Estee lauder double wear also works very well with the kat von D foundation. Now with the cleaning part which is a BIG TURN OF from using the sponge,I did buy my blenders with the blender cleanser as all the beauty blenders I've bought were duo packs 2 sponges and a blender cleaners,which surprise!! The cleaners dos'nt work on the sponge even though it was made for that purpose,which forced me to find an alternative which is the nivea shower oil,yes I know not what anyone would expect,I wanted something to remove the stains on my synthetic brushes and my bb without damaging them so I mix 1tsp of any antibacterial germ killing face wash with 2 tsps of shower oil and it kills all the germs on my blender plus removes stains,I use this everytime I wash my blender or brushes. Overall I love the blender I would repurchase when the time comes to replace them but I would not get the cleasner with it.

on 2/15/2015 11:18:00 PM

This sponge. My Lord- this sponge.
My makeup game is on point with this small pink piece of makeup clouds surely there is some makeup god that cries tears of these. My foundation finally has that natural airbrushed look to it. No flakes, no patches, just a seamless even coverage.

While $20 seems like a lot to pay for a sponge, I'd rather pay that than waste my money on endless dupes or have to live with terrible makeup. Well done.

on 1/14/2015 3:02:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

WOW! I was doubtful of how a little pink sponge could work and cost 20 dollars but it is worth it! This really does make for a flawless foundation finish. Even those dry areas I developed around my eyebrows from the winter weather can't be seem after using this and some how (not sure if it's from soaking it in water before using?) it gives me a healthy dewy glow. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this little sponge and is a new staple in my makeup routine.

Horrible!

I bought this a few years ago and initially liked it, but about 3 days after using it I started having terrible breakouts. I stopped using it and my skin cleared almost overnight. A couple days ago I decided to try it again (thinking maybe it was my foundation the last time), but again my skin broke out. Everyday there was a new pimple to match the others on my face. I will never use this again.

I tried to clean the blender after each use. I noticed that it takes a long time for it to dry. Also, there was always a lot of pink dye coming out while washing. Perhaps thats what was bothering my skin. Overall, never again!

I was really back and forth about buying a beauty blender since they came out. I heard all of the hype but I wasn't convinced that this would be any sort of miracle product, plus it was super pricey so I didn't think it would be worth the purchase. WELL, I finally gave in and decided to buy one and it was the best decision I ever made. This sponge is some sort of magic because my foundation looks airbrushed when I use the Beauty Blender to apply it. It goes on flawlessly and there are never any streaks or patches, the make up blends into my face perfectly. Honestly if you are considering buying one of these, DO IT. You will not be disappointed!!!!

Popular Misc Beauty Tools