April 16, 2014 | 1992 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Sephora - Beauty Blender

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2014 10:26:00 AM More reviews by icarle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I also have a dupe version that i bought at the drugstore. I LOVE it. I use it for my foundation and my concealer, and it's just amazing: no more "mask" face! I makes my face look flawless, and you can easily build your coverage even with a medium-coverage foundation (i use MUFA HD foundation)
The pointy end is very useful to get ALL the parts of your face: corners of the nose, eye corner, etc.
LOVE IT!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2014 10:03:00 PM More reviews by Danielle1515

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I kept hearing that this was a great product, and so I decided that it was time to try it. I normally don't write reviews but I was so happy with my purchase that I just had to. I have been trying to find a foundation that does not make my face look cakey, but I never had any luck. Using this Beauty Blender it made one of my old foundations that I previously didn't like and it blended it so well. It leaves a beautiful finish without leaving my face looking cakey! I was very happy with this product, and would definitely recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2014 3:20:00 AM More reviews by Shopah0lic21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Black

I'm going to forever21 to buy more of these. For 4.99 it's a great dupe for the beauty blender and I'm just in love! Really makes a difference

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2014 2:27:00 AM More reviews by beautyobsessed

I don't know why I didn't purchase this earlier. This is by far the best tool to apply my liquid foundation and concealer. I've used only high end makeup brushes for years but now I am a true convert to the beauty blender. Yes it is pricey but worth it. It gives me a flawless and natural application. My makeup has never looked better. Absolutely love this.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/4/2014 9:01:00 PM More reviews by altered

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

How has it taken me all this time to find this miracle worker?!! At 65 I have spent a fortune over the last decade on various foundation brushes (& foundations - budget & high end) in an effort to avoid the mask-like finish which inevitably resulted from attempting to cover the broken capillaries & hyperpigmentation (sun damage) and diminish the look of fine lines & (not-so-fine) wrinkles. This does it. No more obvious pores and a very natural finish. Hooray - and thanks Wayne Goss!! The Beauty Blender used with Face Atelier Ultra foundation is perfection on my dry, flakey skin. AND it applies concealer like a dream.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/31/2013 9:19:00 AM More reviews by macmuse

Age: Unknown Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

NOTE ON CLEANING: I will address the hard-to-get-clean / stained issue that people have noticed. I too had that problem when I immediately tried to wash it after applying makeup. It is as though the water "sets" the stain and it will not wash out completely.

As I found out by fluke, the trick is to apply the makeup, then let the sponge DRY with the makeup on it -- do not wash it yet. The next day, when you are ready to apply your makeup, run it under the water and by the second squeeze, the makeup will be all gone and the sponge will look good as new. Then you can add your soap and wash it before applying the new makeup. Afterwards, let it dry again with the makeup on it. The sponge (and this goes for the dupes too) will stay looking brand new by doing it this way.

This sponge lives up to the hype and applies makeup that looks natural and polished. I can use the same makeup that with fingers made me look cakey, but with the BB, it looks like good skin. It's a game changer and a blessing to those with dry or aging skin that are having problems getting their makeup to look good.

Sephora is one of the stores carrying this product, but not the manufacturer of it.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/31/2013 1:57:00 AM More reviews by tiffybabyxoxo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

First Impression:
When I first read aout this product, I died at the idea of sending $20 on a sponge. It took me almost 2 years to go out and actually purchase one… BUT it was TOTALLY WORTH THE WAIT! Within a few seconds my foundation looked SEAMLESS! i just could not believe it!

Skin History:
MY skin is drier then the dessert. SO SO SO dry ! the beauty blender is actually the ONLY tool i own that adds moisture as i go rather than just blending out my makeup look. The beauty blender was the best aid for dry skin a girl could ask for.

Overall:
10000000 % worth the money. It takes a lot longer to blend out product and it sheers out most liquids… BUT, once you see how natural the finish is - nothing else matters.

I did a full review & demo with this on my YT channel this week. Feel free take a look.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2013 10:46:00 PM More reviews by GigiMakeupStudio

Wow....just wow. When this first came out, I laughed at people who spent 20 bucks on a sponge, almost promising myself I would never do that. However, I started hearing such amazing reviews about it from makeup gurus & others at Sephora & months later I gave in & finally bought my Beauty Blender. Now all I can say is, "Don't knock it till you try it." My makeup has never looked so flawless & smooth. Honestly, it doesn't even look lil I'm wearing makeup. I wish I'd given in earlier & bought this before b/c it's absolutely amazing. I'f be lying if I said it compared to my dupe. Not. Even. Close. I don't know what it is in the sponge but it's so soft, soaks up just enough product, grows twice its size when submerged in water & applies makeup so flawlessly. What a waste b/c what am I going to do now with all my brushes?

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2013 7:14:00 AM More reviews by j3ssica23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Revolutionary! I previously used the ELF Small Stipple brush to blend in my Covergirl Outlast 3-in-1 Foundation and thought it was great until I finally decided to give in and order a Beauty Blender on Amazon. I got it for about $18 and also bought a Beauty Blender Cleanser for $9. I've found it works best if i put the foundation on the back of my hand, dab it on the BB, and stipple onto my face. It looks so dewy and flawless! I wipe smaller than a pea sized amount of my itCosmetics Bye Bye Under Eye concealer (also amazing) under both eyes and dab in with the narrow end. It seriously reduces pore size and gives a flawless application. THE SECRETS:Wet sponge before application and wash it after every use! It is a pretty big hassle but worth it in my opinion. It keeps it clean and longer lasting and the cleanser smells yummy like lavender. It comes with an adorable stand you can place it in to dry. Everyone should try it, and give it more than one chance. I wasn't in love til the third time I used it.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/29/2013 6:37:00 PM More reviews by supafob

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Sephora Beauty Blender - $25, online only

Likes:
- soft & gentle on the face
- no streaks, blends foundation evenly into your skin
- works well with Dior Airflash Foundation

Dislikes:
- not travel friendly: since you have to run this under water to use & to clean, it takes a while to air dry. Not a fan of having to put something damp in a ziplock bag while travelling. I guess you could use a blowdryer, but that takes time =
Loved it for the longest time at first, but it's starting to get old. I've washed it a few times w/ soap and although it will never seem brand new again, it still rinses away all the makeup. Not sure how long this sponge will last before I need to replace it (Owned it for over a year). I haven't had to replace any of my brushes (owned for much longer), which could be a benefit foundation brushes still have over this sponge.

I would like to try the other brands though before repurchasing. At the time, this was the only sponge in this teardrop shape developed specifically for foundation/concealer application.