August 1, 2014 | 1873 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Sephora - Beauty Blender

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2014 10:20:00 AM More reviews by MisstinaaR

I'm in love!!! I love the way I can apply my pressed powder with this and I get more coverage than using a brush! It also feels better on my skin than a brush ( more gentle because I am patting)
Overall, it's easy to use and I feel like I'm not wasting product. The girl at sephora said it picks up more product than a brush would... So I don't know, seems right to me. The only thing I hate is that it's very expensive (20 bucks!!) . If I needed a new one I would have to say I would spend the money!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2014 12:26:00 PM More reviews by fletchycat

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Why did I wait so long to buy this??!! Oh yeah, the price. =) So I finally broke down and purchased the beauty blender (and cleanser) and I must say I am now convinced there is no better way to apply liquid foundation.
Now in the summer I usually wear mineral makeup more often (heat, sweat, laziness) but for special events or nights out I prefer the look of liquid. My skin is usually a little on the dry side and have little eye wrinkles and those pesky 11's between the brows and a lot of redness around the nose so getting even coverage is always a challenge.
The instructions were easy and the very first application with it was easy and noticeably better looking. I love it!
I use primer (Palladio) and light moisturizer (in summer- heavier in winter) and after foundation I set with powder (either MUFA or Mineral Veil) and I could not be happier with the result. I also use the beauty blender to apply liquid blush (damn you Sonia Kashuk for discontinuing my HG liquid blush!) and it was fantastic.
I did learn a little trick about cleaning the beauty blender-- after using it, set it on pedestal to dry and clean it just before you need to use it again (because you have to wet it to use it) and this works much better than cleaning it directly after use. =)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2014 9:29:00 PM More reviews by sadielovesmakeup06

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have always been a supporter of the cheaper versions, in fact i used to buy them in bulk to always have some available. I've given them to friends to use, and always loved them... Until I tried This one! After having my wedding makeup applied, I decided to splurge on it, and I could not be happier I did!! I will always be on the lookout for a just as good cheaper one! However, this blows all the others out of the water in my opinion. I have amazing coverage, and applicaton ease when using this! My foundation looks nicely airbrushed, and strangely tends to be less oily. The brand does offer cleansers to clean the sponge and I HIGHLY recommend the solid one! The cleansing properties are unparalleled to anything else I have tried!! All in all, if you can splurge, you should, but the other versions are ok.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2014 9:46:00 PM More reviews by rocio2011

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I received it as a gift since my family knows how much I love make up. It honestly has changed my daily routine. I use tinted moisturizer then go in with foundation on my problem areas and afterwards I use conclear. Before it took me a while to blend each product now it just takes seconds. I would not repurchase because of the cost had it not been a gift I don't think I would have been able to know the wonders. if you have that type of disposable income then you should definitely purchase this great product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2014 10:26:00 AM More reviews by icarle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I also have a dupe version that i bought at the drugstore. I LOVE it. I use it for my foundation and my concealer, and it's just amazing: no more "mask" face! I makes my face look flawless, and you can easily build your coverage even with a medium-coverage foundation (i use MUFA HD foundation)
The pointy end is very useful to get ALL the parts of your face: corners of the nose, eye corner, etc.
LOVE IT!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2014 10:03:00 PM More reviews by Danielle1515

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I kept hearing that this was a great product, and so I decided that it was time to try it. I normally don't write reviews but I was so happy with my purchase that I just had to. I have been trying to find a foundation that does not make my face look cakey, but I never had any luck. Using this Beauty Blender it made one of my old foundations that I previously didn't like and it blended it so well. It leaves a beautiful finish without leaving my face looking cakey! I was very happy with this product, and would definitely recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2014 3:20:00 AM More reviews by Shopah0lic21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Black

I'm going to forever21 to buy more of these. For 4.99 it's a great dupe for the beauty blender and I'm just in love! Really makes a difference

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2014 2:27:00 AM More reviews by beautyobsessed

I don't know why I didn't purchase this earlier. This is by far the best tool to apply my liquid foundation and concealer. I've used only high end makeup brushes for years but now I am a true convert to the beauty blender. Yes it is pricey but worth it. It gives me a flawless and natural application. My makeup has never looked better. Absolutely love this.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/4/2014 9:01:00 PM More reviews by altered

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

How has it taken me all this time to find this miracle worker?!! At 65 I have spent a fortune over the last decade on various foundation brushes (& foundations - budget & high end) in an effort to avoid the mask-like finish which inevitably resulted from attempting to cover the broken capillaries & hyperpigmentation (sun damage) and diminish the look of fine lines & (not-so-fine) wrinkles. This does it. No more obvious pores and a very natural finish. Hooray - and thanks Wayne Goss!! The Beauty Blender used with Face Atelier Ultra foundation is perfection on my dry, flakey skin. AND it applies concealer like a dream.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/31/2013 9:19:00 AM More reviews by macmuse

Age: Unknown Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

NOTE ON CLEANING: I will address the hard-to-get-clean / stained issue that people have noticed. I too had that problem when I immediately tried to wash it after applying makeup. It is as though the water "sets" the stain and it will not wash out completely.

As I found out by fluke, the trick is to apply the makeup, then let the sponge DRY with the makeup on it -- do not wash it yet. The next day, when you are ready to apply your makeup, run it under the water and by the second squeeze, the makeup will be all gone and the sponge will look good as new. Then you can add your soap and wash it before applying the new makeup. Afterwards, let it dry again with the makeup on it. The sponge (and this goes for the dupes too) will stay looking brand new by doing it this way.

This sponge lives up to the hype and applies makeup that looks natural and polished. I can use the same makeup that with fingers made me look cakey, but with the BB, it looks like good skin. It's a game changer and a blessing to those with dry or aging skin that are having problems getting their makeup to look good.

Sephora is one of the stores carrying this product, but not the manufacturer of it.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No