November 26, 2014 | 1828 users online

Lotions/ Creams - L'Occitane - 15% Shea Butter Ultra Rich Body Lotion

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2014 11:24:00 PM More reviews by thiebautrenata

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have a sample of this, which I actually use on my hands. It is truly rich, if compared with my L'occitane Green Tea body cream. The smell doesn't bother me and it is paraben-free.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2013 1:59:00 PM More reviews by flairgirl8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Contains shea butter, honey, almond oil, coconut oil, and grapeseed oil. Has a baby powder type scent that lingers and I do not care for. It works ok but not as good as Aveeno, Curel or Cetaphil Restoraderm skin lotions.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2013 1:10:00 PM More reviews by TurtleMoon

I got this as a travel size in a L'Occitane set and took a while to use it as I've found other moisturisers I've tried containing shea butter haven't always been that great at sinking into my skin.

As this was only a 15ml bottle, I decided to use it as a hand cream rather than a body lotion as I didn't think I would get many uses out of it that way. As a hand cream though this was really good - it smells really pleasant, goes on nicely and you don't need much to really feel like you've moisturised. Importantly for me, this also sinks into my skin rather than leaving a greasy, slimy layer which I can't abide!

I know you can get others in this range which have 20% and 25% shea butter in them, but for me 15% was more than enough to feel like it was getting the job done. Prices for this seem to range from around 6.00GBP up to about 30.00GBP, but as a 15ml bottle of this lasted me well over 3 months when using it every day, I think the price is pretty reasonable.