August 21, 2014 | 1851 users online

Powder - Tarte - Amazonian Clay Full Coverage Airbrush Foundation Powder

rated 1 of 5 on 8/17/2014 9:15:00 PM More reviews by mlfpatrick7

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Sadly, bought and returned because it made my skin an oily mess. Also, despite trying with various brushes, I couldn't get even a medium coverage with this, which was highly disappointing to me as I've been using Bare Minerals for months and it works great for me.

Packaging is nice, but nothing amazing.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/14/2014 10:29:00 PM More reviews by DrowningInEyeliner

This is actually the first Tarte product I have ever purchased, and also the first powder foundation I've ever purchased. I've always kind of avoided powder foundations, since I thought they might end up wearing off quickly or not have particularly good coverage, but this one has proved me wrong. I actually intended to buy the liquid foundation from this line, since it was recommended by one of my favourite youtubers, Bunny. However, when I went into my local Sephora and walked over to the Tarte section, I noticed the powder version, and was quite intrigued. I'm not entirely sure what came over me, but before I knew it, I was leaving the store with this product in my little Sephora bag. One of the first things that I immediately loved not just about this product, but the entire line in general, is that they had so many different shades, and they all said what skin tones they would work best for. Honestly, I kind of suck at finding my shade in makeup, and have to get an associate to match me, but the descriptive labels on these shades made choosing one a breeze. In the end I went with Fair Honey which says it's ideal for people with "fair skin with peach undertones", and it is so perfect! Although this product is a little bit more expensive than I would usually be willing to pay for a foundation (I'm used to drugstore brands, excuse my cheapskate ways) I definitely think it is worth the few extra bucks. The product goes on beautifully, blends like nothing I've ever seen, and seriously stays on FOREVER. The coverage is just slightly less than full, but it really is minimal in the difference, and most of the time I just deal with the slight imperfections. It does cover redness really well though. The one thing that I took points off for was that it can get a little cakey after the first layer. One layer is fine, but if you go back over it in certain areas to cover up, say, a blemish, it can look a little cakey. Fortunately, if you use concealer under this product, you won't need to do a double layer. Another thing that I really like about this product that I almost forgot, is the packaging! Not only does it look super cute on the outside with it's bamboo texture lid, but the actual inside is so cool! It's got this piece of stretchy net over the product, which helps to control the amount that gets on your brush. To apply, you just press your brush into the net, sweep over your face, and you're done! I will absolutely be using this product again, though I think I'll switch to the liquid version during the winter to stop my skin from drying out.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2014 11:31:00 PM More reviews by TaylorSchriver

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have very dry skin, but I enjoy powder foundations, especially during the summer months. After testing this foundation out for a week, I'm really impressed. It gives good coverage, looks natural, and doesn't make my face look really dry and patchy. I would recommend using a brush like the ones Tarte carry or one like the sephora mineral powder brush.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/8/2014 12:49:00 PM More reviews by Laiscg

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I don't understand, seriously. It doesn't cover barely anything, why is it called "full coverage"?? If this was sold as a finishing powder or whatever, I'd probably leave a better review. Mind you, I dont even have that much to cover, only some spots, but all this powder does it to slightly even my skin tone, and that's it. It keeps my face shine-free for a long time, that's a good thing I definitely have to say about it, but I expected at least a decent coverage, so I'm totally disappointed.
And also, I can only wear it over clean / moisturised face. If I wear it over sunscreen (I've tried it over Bioré's, Skinceutical's and Vichy's sunscreens), this powder just go straight inside my pores and fine lines and make they scream "heeeey, we're here!!" - and they're definitely not visible in my bare skin! seriously, this powder over sunscreen made me see a line in my forehead I was never aware of!! Which means, I can never wear this during the day, only at night. But at night I usually prefer more coverage, which this has not at all, so... wasted money, I'm giving it away :(

rated 4 of 5 on 7/31/2014 2:44:00 AM More reviews by mi55bonnie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I bought this because of essiebutton and missglamourazzi on youtube and I must say that I really love this. First the packaging, it's travel friendly. Second, it's amazing on your skin.
I used this on everyday basis, if I have some pimples on my skin I just used some concealer and this powder and I'm good to go. It's easy and saving a lot of time when you're getting ready. After a couple hours when this powder mixing when your skin oil wow I love the result. It's like second skin, so pretty.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/23/2014 1:09:00 PM More reviews by Gucciandglitter

I've used this foundation for about a year and this is a great foundation! It evens out skin tone super well. It hides acne and acne scars very well without really blocking pores. I like how it comes with a kabuki brush that really gives you the "airbrushed" yet "natural" look, and people have told me I look like I'm wearing no make up with this foundation. This foundation is long lasting, I've worn this for over 12 hours and it still looked flawless. I have acne prone, oily skin and this does tend to make my skin a bit oily by the end of the day, but all in all I'd buy this again. The only downsides I would say that this foundation has is that this foundation takes me way too long to apply. Maybe that's because I need more coverage than others but it doesn't glide on the face, and so it takes me about 5 or more minutes just to put this foundation on. Also, another downside is that this is really pricey for me. I bought this foundation for 37 dollars and then the kabuki brush for around 30 and that is a lot.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2014 1:21:00 AM More reviews by Annabellagrant

First I should say that I am very much a fan of mineral powder makeup. I don't wear any kind of liquid on my face since my face is oily. I have scleroderma, a rare skin disorder that causes large spots all over my body. That being said, this foundation covers and conceals perfectly. I should also say that I don't have any kind of acne on my face so I'm not sure how it could compare on acne prone skin but I really love thia foundation. I use it when I want more full coverage for going out or for special events. This can also be used as a concealer under the eyes by packing it on a bit heavier under the eyes. I recommend it to all my friends. The packaging is good but i don't think that it travels very well because the only thing keeping the powder in place is a net. I would choose this over BareMinerals.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2014 12:56:00 PM More reviews by icestars

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Holy grail product here! I absolutely love love love this product! Best powder I've tried. Yes, it's pricey- $36, but one container will last you the longest time!

The packaging just looks so glamorous and natural, it makes you want to buy it for the packaging! If you purchase it you will not be disappointed.

Here on MakeupAlley, some of the negative reviews state that it is NOT full coverage. Why? This mineral powder works best with the Airbuki brush also sold by Tarte. But it is $26! Only 10 bucks less than the powder, I didn't want to buy that when I've already splurged on the powder. It's expensive! If you purchase it, you will love it! The powder and brush work awesomely together.

For me, I wasn't willing to spend $62 total just for a mineral powder. I apply the product with my Real Techniques kabuki brush. The kabuki brush isn't liked by many people, and personally I don't think it's great, but it works wonders with the Tarte powder. I can build from medium to full coverage and the best part? It looks completely natural. Airbrushed. And it's lightweight. It sinks into skin and looks lovely. I've gotten tons of compliments on how amazing my skin looks. Even my grandmother said, "wow, you look so glow-y today!"

The mesh and the stopper in the container helps keep the product from flying everywhere. Brilliant Tarte, brilliant! If you have experience with mineral powders - yes, they get everywhere and aren't the most handy especially when you are traveling. This makes everything 10 times more fun!

One of my favorite parts? Really Tarte, you've done it this time! Is their shade selection. I wear the shade light beige - for light skin with pink undertones. Do you have medium skin? Neutral undertones? It's all written in the back of the container. Stop by Sephora to get your hands on it! Try out the shade!

For my oily skin, it lasts up to 8 hours. That's pretty amazing. And it feels lightweight on your skin! It doesn't transfer so it's the perfect 'hugging' powder.

It doesn't cake, and like I said, makes skin look flawless. What more do you look for in a powder?

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2014 5:50:00 PM More reviews by Alliecat333

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I Love mineral foundation. I absolutely can not stand to feel like I have heavy liquid foundation all over my face. I wore bare minerals for years, and loved it. Switched to a bb cream for a while then wanted to go back to mineral for warmer months. so I purchased more BM for the summer after I had a tan and could not find a decent match and bought the matte one instead if the original. I looked and felt awful. wanted to switch things up a bit and found this one by tarte. I love how they have a shade description on the back , I'm medium neutral and matches me perfectly. It literally feels like I'm wearing nothing, and the finish is so natural looking I don't have to worry if it looks obvious. Very velvety smooth. And a great base for the rest of my products, blush/ bronzer. They all blend so nicely. I'm really looking forward to trying the liquid amazonian clay foundation in the cooler months. I like the packaging fun but stylish. No it doesn't have a cap to swirl you brush, but I use my bare minerals flawless face brush or my Eco tools kabuki pick up some product then swirl it around the top of the container that holds the product. Works great for me. I was not going to spend 30 sum bucks on a brush though. I doubt it would give me any better results. It gives me medium coverage and I go back over spots that may need a little more and it never looks caked on. Of coarse with mineral foundation or any foundation you need to moisturize and prime for best results. Heck I slept in this once and woke up to be very surprised it was not extremely blotchy/ greasy. And I wasn't scared to death it had destroyed my pores. Would I repurchase? Yes. I wear this every single day.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/14/2014 2:50:00 PM More reviews by Arrosynn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

So, I never actually purchased this, my friend has some extra that she let me borrow and try. I applied my primer first and then went on to continue to apply this with a Kabuki brush. Well, I was really disappointed... it says full coverage, but this is about the farthest thing from it. It didn't even help to cover the dark circles under my eyes.
Needless to say I was not impressed. It was a possibility that I was going to purchase my own if I happened to have liked it, well I can honestly say that I really really didn't. Not worth it if it doesn't even do what it claims. I'll stick with my over priced Aveda with cheap looking packaging, because it's the only foundation that actually works and matches my skin tone really well.