August 1, 2014 | 984 users online

Powder - Tarte - Amazonian Clay Full Coverage Airbrush Foundation Powder

rated 4 of 5 on 7/31/2014 2:44:00 AM More reviews by mi55bonnie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I bought this because of essiebutton and missglamourazzi on youtube and I must say that I really love this. First the packaging, it's travel friendly. Second, it's amazing on your skin.
I used this on everyday basis, if I have some pimples on my skin I just used some concealer and this powder and I'm good to go. It's easy and saving a lot of time when you're getting ready. After a couple hours when this powder mixing when your skin oil wow I love the result. It's like second skin, so pretty.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/23/2014 1:09:00 PM More reviews by Gucciandglitter

I've used this foundation for about a year and this is a great foundation! It evens out skin tone super well. It hides acne and acne scars very well without really blocking pores. I like how it comes with a kabuki brush that really gives you the "airbrushed" yet "natural" look, and people have told me I look like I'm wearing no make up with this foundation. This foundation is long lasting, I've worn this for over 12 hours and it still looked flawless. I have acne prone, oily skin and this does tend to make my skin a bit oily by the end of the day, but all in all I'd buy this again. The only downsides I would say that this foundation has is that this foundation takes me way too long to apply. Maybe that's because I need more coverage than others but it doesn't glide on the face, and so it takes me about 5 or more minutes just to put this foundation on. Also, another downside is that this is really pricey for me. I bought this foundation for 37 dollars and then the kabuki brush for around 30 and that is a lot.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2014 1:21:00 AM More reviews by Annabellagrant

First I should say that I am very much a fan of mineral powder makeup. I don't wear any kind of liquid on my face since my face is oily. I have scleroderma, a rare skin disorder that causes large spots all over my body. That being said, this foundation covers and conceals perfectly. I should also say that I don't have any kind of acne on my face so I'm not sure how it could compare on acne prone skin but I really love thia foundation. I use it when I want more full coverage for going out or for special events. This can also be used as a concealer under the eyes by packing it on a bit heavier under the eyes. I recommend it to all my friends. The packaging is good but i don't think that it travels very well because the only thing keeping the powder in place is a net. I would choose this over BareMinerals.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2014 12:56:00 PM More reviews by icestars

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Holy grail product here! I absolutely love love love this product! Best powder I've tried. Yes, it's pricey- $36, but one container will last you the longest time!

The packaging just looks so glamorous and natural, it makes you want to buy it for the packaging! If you purchase it you will not be disappointed.

Here on MakeupAlley, some of the negative reviews state that it is NOT full coverage. Why? This mineral powder works best with the Airbuki brush also sold by Tarte. But it is $26! Only 10 bucks less than the powder, I didn't want to buy that when I've already splurged on the powder. It's expensive! If you purchase it, you will love it! The powder and brush work awesomely together.

For me, I wasn't willing to spend $62 total just for a mineral powder. I apply the product with my Real Techniques kabuki brush. The kabuki brush isn't liked by many people, and personally I don't think it's great, but it works wonders with the Tarte powder. I can build from medium to full coverage and the best part? It looks completely natural. Airbrushed. And it's lightweight. It sinks into skin and looks lovely. I've gotten tons of compliments on how amazing my skin looks. Even my grandmother said, "wow, you look so glow-y today!"

The mesh and the stopper in the container helps keep the product from flying everywhere. Brilliant Tarte, brilliant! If you have experience with mineral powders - yes, they get everywhere and aren't the most handy especially when you are traveling. This makes everything 10 times more fun!

One of my favorite parts? Really Tarte, you've done it this time! Is their shade selection. I wear the shade light beige - for light skin with pink undertones. Do you have medium skin? Neutral undertones? It's all written in the back of the container. Stop by Sephora to get your hands on it! Try out the shade!

For my oily skin, it lasts up to 8 hours. That's pretty amazing. And it feels lightweight on your skin! It doesn't transfer so it's the perfect 'hugging' powder.

It doesn't cake, and like I said, makes skin look flawless. What more do you look for in a powder?

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2014 5:50:00 PM More reviews by Alliecat333

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I Love mineral foundation. I absolutely can not stand to feel like I have heavy liquid foundation all over my face. I wore bare minerals for years, and loved it. Switched to a bb cream for a while then wanted to go back to mineral for warmer months. so I purchased more BM for the summer after I had a tan and could not find a decent match and bought the matte one instead if the original. I looked and felt awful. wanted to switch things up a bit and found this one by tarte. I love how they have a shade description on the back , I'm medium neutral and matches me perfectly. It literally feels like I'm wearing nothing, and the finish is so natural looking I don't have to worry if it looks obvious. Very velvety smooth. And a great base for the rest of my products, blush/ bronzer. They all blend so nicely. I'm really looking forward to trying the liquid amazonian clay foundation in the cooler months. I like the packaging fun but stylish. No it doesn't have a cap to swirl you brush, but I use my bare minerals flawless face brush or my Eco tools kabuki pick up some product then swirl it around the top of the container that holds the product. Works great for me. I was not going to spend 30 sum bucks on a brush though. I doubt it would give me any better results. It gives me medium coverage and I go back over spots that may need a little more and it never looks caked on. Of coarse with mineral foundation or any foundation you need to moisturize and prime for best results. Heck I slept in this once and woke up to be very surprised it was not extremely blotchy/ greasy. And I wasn't scared to death it had destroyed my pores. Would I repurchase? Yes. I wear this every single day.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/14/2014 2:50:00 PM More reviews by Arrosynn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

So, I never actually purchased this, my friend has some extra that she let me borrow and try. I applied my primer first and then went on to continue to apply this with a Kabuki brush. Well, I was really disappointed... it says full coverage, but this is about the farthest thing from it. It didn't even help to cover the dark circles under my eyes.
Needless to say I was not impressed. It was a possibility that I was going to purchase my own if I happened to have liked it, well I can honestly say that I really really didn't. Not worth it if it doesn't even do what it claims. I'll stick with my over priced Aveda with cheap looking packaging, because it's the only foundation that actually works and matches my skin tone really well.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/13/2014 8:40:00 AM More reviews by dlola

I love this product. Finally, a warm-toned loose powder foundation that actually matches my skin tone! It's like, a godsend.

I use an Eco Tools Custom Coverage Buffing Brush and work it all over my face. It covers up my slight redness well, and basically blends like a dream. I apply a little at a time, building up coverage as I go because I don't want to look cakey. On areas that I feel needs a little more coverage, I use the same brush to stipple/pat a little of the powder on.

It stays pretty well. I'm in an air-conditioned room most of the time, except for lunch or when I'm travelling to and from school, where I'm under the unforgiving Singapore sun.

I gave price a 4/5 because although it is a bit on the pricey side, I think it is pretty great value. However, the packaging got a 3/5 because the powder tends to get stuck on the netting because of the way the lid is shaped. Also, there isn't enough space anywhere to swirl your brush on, if you want to get rid of any excess powder.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2014 3:36:00 PM More reviews by fustyluggz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

After reading all the reviews and watching all the videos, I had super high hopes for this product. I was extremely let down.

First off, this product feels very heavy on this skin. It leaves an almost filmy feeling on the skin that seems (on the face and to the touch) like liquid foundation. I feel like a powder should be weightless and not noticeable, that's kind of the point. Maybe it's the clay or maybe it's because it's "long wearing" but I do not like how this feels on my face.

Secondly, you only get 7 grams of product for $36, which is ridiculous. I have to dip my brush into the product at least eight times to get enough coverage on my face. I don't have any serious skin issues that need to be covered up, that is just for the most basic coverage. After about 3-4 hours I get significant fading. I do have oily skin but I feel like for something that's supposedly very long wearing, that is a real disappointment. Especially since I make an extra point to wear a primer with this. Along with the fading, I get MAJOR shine whenever I wear this. Not the "Oh my skin looks nice and healthy and glowy" kind, the "Oh my god, fry an egg on my face" kind. No oil control whatsoever. Also, this whole purchasing a "special" brush that's sold separately is so greedy and gimmicky. For the price of this stuff, the brush should be included if it's the miracle that makes this worth wearing.

The good things about this product are that there isn't a scent and, other than the weight on my skin, it's no irritating at all. The color I got (Light-Fair Neutral) works well for my NW20ish skin. The coverage is decent after being built up but nothing to write home about. Not enough pros to balance out the cons. I would not repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2014 9:27:00 PM More reviews by AlohaPandaXOXO

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I really wanted to like this as it has a lot of great things going for it - unfortunately this product has bismuth in it which has caused me to have a really awful series of allergic reactions and costly visits to the dermatologist. If you are using this and find when you get hot or sweat, that your face gets itchy - I'd HIGHLY RECOMMEND you discontinue using this as my symptoms got very severe very quickly and yielded huge, red blisters all over my face. If you have any sensitivity to cheap jewelry, this makeup can cause a similar effect.

More disappointing was that when I emailed what had happened to me to Tarte, they seemed pretty indifferent outside of mentioning they'd pass this information on to quality control. I wasn't expecting for them to offer anything outside of a refund, but that wasn't even an option apparently which is pretty atypical for products at this price point.

On the other hand, the Fairest Light Honey color is gorgeous and really matches my fair but warm complexion. It looks great on and is very long lasting and the packaging is genius with the net. I really wish this would have worked out for me, but there's no way I can tolerate what this has done to my skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/2/2014 12:13:00 PM More reviews by georgiagemma

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Absolutely LOVE this product to bits. I'm asian and have slightly yellow undertones and I use the shade light medium neutral, which fits PERFECTLY. I use the airbuki brush with it; gives a very natural finish and it stays on for literally the whole day, which is rare for foundations on my combination-oily skin. I tend to get greasy around my upper cheeks and forehead around the early evening but this actually seems to control the oil by quite abit and tone down the shine a lot. This is perfect for people with oilier skin, and it doesn't look cakey/patchy in the drier areas either. Perfect!

Only cons to this is that in the humid climate I'm in creams take longer to dry and absorb, and this foundation needs to have any moisturiser or creams applied to be completely absorbed as the particles can easily "catch" on the moisture and become noticeable and look patchy and strange, though it can be blended out quite easily afterwards, thus I didn't put 5 lippies. It's also quite pricey but in my opinion it's worth it!