Tarte Amazonian Clay Full Coverage Airbrush Foundation Powder

3.7

Every shade except "rich sand" contains the same ingredients: mica, camellia sinensis leaf extract, quartz, smithsonite extract, tourmaline, kaolin, pearl powder, ruby powder, sea salt/Maris Sal/Sel marin. May Contain/Peut Contenir/(+/-): Titanium dioxide (CI 77891), zinc oxide (CI 77947), bismuth oxychloride (CI 77163), iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), ultramarines (CI 77007), ferric ammonium ferrocyanide (CI 77510). "rich sand" contains: talc, mica, zea mays (corn) starch, zinc stearate, dimethicone, ethylene/methacrylate copolymer, chlorphenesin, potassium sorbate, camellia sinensis leaf extract, quartz, ruby powder, smithsonite extract, tourmaline, tetrasodium EDTA, isopropyl titanium Triisostearate, kaolin, pearl powder, sea salt/maris sal/sel marin, Iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).

I was excited to try this out since I have oily skin and love powder foundation. Upon application, it looked a little powdery, but definitely had full coverage which I liked. However, in just 2-3 hours of wear, it started to separate on my skin, sink into my fine lines, and look blotchy. Somehow it made me look really oily, but emphasized dry patches at the same time.

It's worth noting that it didn't break me out (I have very sensitive skin), the net packaging is great cause it minimizes powder fallout, and application was really quick and easy. I think its worth trying out if you have normal to oily skin, and want to simplify your foundation routine - it just didn't work for me personally.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I love it but not too much. It's one of my fave foundation powder since it's mineral based , it has a nice yellow olive undertone plus it's so light however i thought it was supposed to be full coverage like it said on the box but it is a sheer powder. I have tried full coverage powder like dermablend et al. But this is like the baby of full coverage powders. It's like a premature baby, if i may correct it , in the sea of full coverage foundations. However it is a good setting powder if you feel like your foundation feels light in tone or if you kinda wanna change the undertone of your liquid foundation base. Its good if you wear a bb cream under and you wanna amplify the coverage of your base. I love the mesh sifter. I use my real tech expert face brush and it 's okay . I wish it was super full coverage so i wouldnt have to dip my brush several times just to have that flawless coverage. Promises promises...

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Let me just start by saying that for the most part, there is not a liquid or powder foundation on the planet that doesn't irritate or break my skin out. This is one of the very few that my skin can agree with! The coverage is surprisingly good and very build-able. The selection of colors is great. I definitely use it with a primer first.

I really like this foundation. I'm on my third day of using it and my skin looks better already! I have more combination type skin and I have not had to blot my skin at all when wearing it at work. Big change from when I used It Cosmetics CC cream. This also does not appear cakey on my skin. The only drawback to this is you really have to apply a lot in order to get a full coverage look.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

Well... I'm kinda sitting on the fence with this one. Have been using this for 2 weeks now nearly everyday. It goes on beautifully.. Doesn't cause any creasing or caking and medium-tan sand is a perfect match for me. BUT... These other ladies were not joking about the oil factor. By the time I get to the office, I am so shiny that I practically can serve as a mirror. I also find myself blotting many times throughout the day. I do like a natural dewy look normally but this is overkill. I'm usually prone to shininess but my MAC studio fix fluid never caused this much shine. Well, I will finish this but guess I'll be going back to my liquid foundations... Boring. I'm a little sad about that because it is fun to apply with the airbuki brush which does indeed give an airbrushed finish. Ah well...

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I was so looking forward to getting it, even more so because it's expensive and somewhat hard to get. I ended up buying it from someone who didn't get on with it off ebay. I'm a bit on the fence about this product. Firstly, it's a bit annoying to apply, you need a specific kind of brush (I use RT buffing brush) and you have to work it into the skin, I sort of push it in, sometimes swirl it and then buff it in. It can look a little cakey but that's easily remedied when using your fingers to press it in, the warmth seems to melt it into your skin. This process is not the quickest and you have to use tools. Coverage is light to medium, maybe comparable to a tinted moisturiser but in powder form, meaning you will probably need to use concealer and it's only really recommendable for fairly good skin days. It's not mattifying at all so if you have oily or shiny skin you need to use an extra product to take care of that. Because of those reasons, I have thought about purging it.
BUT I haven't brought myself to because the colour match is pretty good and after a while it really does something very pretty to the skin, something to do with how it melts into it and merges with the skins oils, I'm not sure how and what exactly but it looks very natural but beautifying. I like to use it on days when I want to look natural and not too made up but still a bit more polished than without any base. I think I will use it up but I wouldn't repurchase.

I was so excited to try this after reading all the rave reviews about it, especially as it's not readily available in the UK so I had to wait until I was in the US to purchase it. But I'm sad to report that it's not all that great and certainly not worth the $36.00 (£23.00) pricetag...

First off, I actually found the packaging/dispenser quite annoying. The 'mesh sifter' seems pointless to me, other than as a way of making sure you get hardly any product on your brush and have to keep working at it to get any useful amount at all. As for the coverage, this doesn't give '12 hours of satin-matte coverage'; I bearly got 2 hours out of it. It doesn't cover very well at all, made me look like I have wrinkles (!) and settled into all the fine lines around my eyes. In fact the only good thing I can think of is that the colour was a pretty close match.

I really don't understand why everyone loves this product so much. As a first time user/buyer of Tarte makeup, I would be reluctant to purchase any more of their products based on the results of this one. Massively disappointing.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I definitely recommend this foundation!

It is absolutely medium to full coverage. I have moderate acne and quite a bit of redness and this covers it right up. Unless I'm breaking out badly, I don't even have to use concealer. You do have to apply it with the right brush, though--and by right brush I mean a dense kabuki. It doesn't have to be the airbuki one they sell: I use an incredibly cheap flat-top brush that I got with a Physician's Formula loose powder and my coverage is great. But if you use a softer and less dense brush you're not going to get much coverage.

I adore the finish. It's matte at first but it becomes more satin throughout the day. My skin is on the oily side of normal & it's been really hot and humid where I live lately, but unless I'm actively swiping at my face, this foundation mostly stays put. I've worn it in the pool a ton, and it's demonstrated pretty good staying power there. I will say that if you have very dry skin, I'm not sure I'd recommend this foundation for you, or I'd at least recommend that you moisturize before you put it on. Like most powders, it can tend to cling to dry spots and look patchy. It really blends best if you have a bit of moisture in your skin.

The packaging is a little bit of a problem for me. The package itself is adorable, but the mesh sifter is a headache and a half. It took me a while to learn how to tap out the powder, but luckily my brush fits over the sifter just about perfectly so I've gotten used to it. As long as you know what you're doing when it comes to loose powder, you'll be okay.

BE CAREFUL when choosing a color. I recommend color matching it on yourself at first. I found that its yellow-undertoned colors run pretty yellow and its neutral-undertoned colors can turn you orange. It really does have great coverage, so make sure you're matching the color to your neck.

What's with the bad reviews on makeupalley? I really like this! I have combination skin, with an oily T-zone- yes, my nose does get somewhat shiny after 2 hours but apart from light blotting, the makeup stays on.. for a good 9 hours i'd say, its even still there at the 12 hour mark for me! It works the best with some sort of 'sticky' product on your face (moisturiser/primer), I tried it with a dry face and with a face with some product on it, and the latter worked better and giving a fuller coverage. It's extremely natural and gives you a subtle glow, but its not for people that really need help covering their skin! I really like it (:

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love the powder. Much better than the foundation itself in my opinion. Its good at keeping away shine and keeps skin looking fresh. But, i sadly dont use it anymore because i cant afford to but high end makeup products continuously.