NARS Radiant Cream Compact Foundation

3.6

Dimethicone, Water, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Dipropylene Glycol, Glycerin, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Paraffin, Nylon-12, Peg-400, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Cera Microcristallina (Microcrystalline Wax), Sorbitan Sesquiisostearate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Sodium Hyaluronate Crosspolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Aluminum Hydroxide, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Polysilicone-2, Distearyldimonium Chloride, Ceramide 3, Palmitic Acid, Pentylene Glycol, Tin Oxide, Tocopherol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbic Acid, Retinyl Palmitate, Maris Aqua (Sea Water), Spilanthes Acmella (Spilanthes Acmella Flower Extract), Ethylhexylglycerin, Barium Sulfate, Dehydroacetic Acid, Algae (Algae Extract), Alumina, Potassium Sorbate, Citric Acid, Benzyl Alcohol, [+/- (May Contain): Mica,

on 3/26/2015 8:07:00 AM

Buildable medium coverage, lightweight cooling (to me feeling).

That's about it. It's ok once I leave the mirror. Once I get back after about 4 hours out it has faded. I also live in hot humid weather.

It's not that long lasting. Sadly, will not buy again.

This was such a waste of money. The foundation sets into the fine lines and makes my skin flakey and gross. Wouldn't recommend.

on 1/19/2015 1:17:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine

I absolutely love this foundation. I will start off by saying that this foundation is light-medium coverage. I believe NARS markets it as medium buildable and that is not true, in my opinion. I think this foundation is one step above the TM, so it lives between the TM and Sheer Glow/Sheer Matte in terms of coverage. This isn't the typical heavy waxy cream. It's very melty, almost like a liquid. I can't imagine it building well, unless you have very very dry skin and it's dead of Winter and I still think it would melt off in a few hours.

Okay, disclaimer done! I didn't take a lippie off for principle of bad marketing, cause I love this foundation that much. The same cream to liquid quality that makes it hard to build also makes it look completely natural. I have dry skin and a foundation has never applied with so little drag. It truly melts into the skin. It doesn't highlight imperfections. It feels like I'm wearing a moisturizer. I have to remember to take it off. Even though it's a slightly dewy cream, the finish is fairly satin on me, it lasts all day and when it does start to wear after 12-14 hours, it wears off it doesn't break down. Coverage is exactly what I want. Again, I think it makes my skin look gorgeous and even in a way no foundation ever has. My skin looks luminous and soft and even, without looking like I'm wearing foundation.

My favorite way to apply it is with the Tom For Cream Foundation brush.

I like the separate compact idea, since it will be cheaper to purchase moving forward. I do wish they had made a compact without a spot for a sponge, for those of us who don't use sponges, but nitpicking.

The price is on par for similar brands. You're either okay with that or you're not.

on 10/26/2014 3:03:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I have dry, nc15 skin. This looked horrific on me. I looked 10 years older. It highlighted every textural imperfection/dry flake. In addition, the color (dueville) looked very peachy and flat. Horrible.

on 10/21/2014 10:14:00 AM

Great cream foundation, very natural finish, your-skin-but-better like, great for daylight.

On the down side it has to be said you get very little product for a very expensive price.

on 10/1/2014 7:17:00 AM

My mom bought me this for christmas. I love cream foundations because theyre easy to apply on the go and tend to look very natural on my skin. I think both my mom and I though this would be really nice because its nars and we both love their lipsticks. So first off you have to buy the mirror compact separately. The mirror is nice and big and I guess thats better for the environment than buying all new packaging when you run out but that wad really weird to me. This product has a pleasant botanical scent and seemed non drying for the winter months. The color was a good match but it wasn't buildable at all and I couldn't get it to cover evenly. I tried differerent moisturizers under it and different application techniques but it looked like astreaky mess. I strongly prefer my Covergirl aqua smooth cream foundation. This product is crappy and way over priced for its poor performance.

on 9/19/2014 4:54:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I have used Sheer Glow for years and years. I often try other products but am never swayed. I had an SA put this on me when I was trying some other things in store and it was the end of the day, and my face clearly needed some touching up. I was immediately impressed by the appearance - fresh and dewy (bear in mind I have older skin for which a creamy base is a bonus and not a problem). So I bought it. She sold me on the whole refillable case thing. Trying it at home, I came to the conclusion that I would never put this all over my face. It's too heavy and opaque, so I use it almost like a concealer and highlighter, applying down the middle of my face - centre of forehead and chin, inner eye area, around the nose. I then use Sheer Glow elsewhere. I don't actually like the case because I don't use the sponge, so it takes up a lot of unnecessary space. I use my fingers. People are probably going to use their own sponges or brushes if they want to, so I think NARS should repackage it into a smaller compact.

on 9/12/2014 1:06:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This product really didn't do a thing for me, I was lulled into a false sense of security by the lovely (but manipulative) MUA at Mecca, its a perfect colour match for me (Light 1 - Siberia) which is very rare for my skin so I think that may have led to the impulse purchase. I'm also a major sucker for the Nars packaging (even though the second it hits the makeup draw it looks filthy) but I have not liked this product. It is absolutely unbuildable, trying to cover blemishes is so hard because as soon as you touch it, it slips right off. I'm hoping to give it another crack when my skin clears up but I'm not getting my hopes up. As for the finish, its definitely dewy (not ideal when you have oily skin, but thats my fault not the products) and after an hour of wear I looked like I mess, the foundation had all but disappeared leaving my skin looking blotchy and oily, no amount of powder could rectify the situation and that was about the last time I bothered. Really disappointed with this purchase, maybe if the compact wasn't so big it could live in my handbag for touch ups (but since I've started using estee lauder double wear I don't think I would ever touch it anyway!) but it is massive! all in all a regretful purchase.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This did nothing for me. I am very disappointed. It had no coverage and left my face full of blemishes and oily. I wouldn't buy this again it is overpriced for the amount you get and quality.

on 9/3/2014 5:03:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

This is a very nice product. I was looking for something lightweighting but pigmented, with dewy imperfection-blurring finish, suitable for combination skin. That´s it!

I picked a 4th shade in the line - Deauville, which is just a tad warmer than my skin in summer. In winter it would be too dark for me. I am around NC15 in MAC, MUFE HD 115 is my perfect winter match.

This foundation is really feather-light. It´s perfectly blendable, very easy to work with. Though extremely light, it is heavily pigmented, so the coverage is medium, buildable. It easilly covers my few fading acne scars, I finish with a concealer (Inglot creamy concealer in 64) and it´s just perfect.

What I love about it is the finish - this is the best ratio between the coverage/lightness/finish quality. You would not say you have any foundation on, can not feel it, can almost not see it - just skin perfector.

It lasts about 6 -9 hrs on my combination skin, depending whether I set with powder or not. However, I prefere the perfect finish of this product without the powder so I am able to accept that it is necessary to touch up after 6 hrs or so.

So, why do I not give 5 lippies? While it is emollient and overall great for a dry skin (I have dry patches of skin around my nose/eyes), it is absolutely unforgiving regarding any flakiness. This is my instant problem. No matter how much I exfoliate/moisturize, I always have some micro-flakes on my nose, they are not visible at all, even in the magnifying mirror in direct lifgt - then I apply the product and bum! they are here, accentuated!
It can also accentuate pores - not in the usual way as some foundations do, like making the tiny holes in the skin visible, but more in the sense that it goes, like, inside pores that look like tiny dots of foundation then - if this gives sense. NARS stick primer partly helps with this.

I apply with a sponge - various types and brands, I switch them often, even the sponge that is part of the package is quite nice.

Overall I am happy with this foundation and will rebuy.

Popular Crème Foundations