July 30, 2014 | 1772 users online

Crème - NARS - Radiant Cream Compact Foundation

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2014 12:14:00 AM More reviews by Xxkonixx

i have combination skin so i never thought this would work for me........i was curious about this for a long time and kept checking it out in sephora but i try to tell myself it's not gona work cause it's so creamy..........finally i tried it and i'm impressed.....for some reason it stays better and longer than sheer glow and doesn't dry my face out like sheer glow does..........it's also quick to apply with two fingers......i know it's kinda unsanitary but my face is extremely sensitive that i find every foundation brush poky........because i only use it as how i use a liquid foundation so i didn't even bother spending money on the case........i only bought the refill and keeps it at home to use.......this baby is almost 50 cnd and only have 12 gms...but since i only take what i need unlike liquid foundation which tends to come out more than i need i'm hoping this will last a good period of time.............

Edit: After using it for more than a month, i don't really like it as much as the beginning because it doesn't give me that smooth finish liked the sheer glow foundation does. It's also quite hard to build more coverage because whenever u try to put another layer on top, the layer before is kinda rubbed off at the same time.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/11/2014 8:26:00 AM More reviews by MINX3030

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This foundation is the smoothest and most blendable I've ever tried. I bought this at the very start of a hot, humid New York City spring, which may not have been the best time to road test it. Slipping and melting was minimal after a few hours of wear, but I think this would be better in winter months, at least on my skin. I will say that NARS has done a great job of creating a spectrum of shades to accommodate most skin tones, and being able to switch out the foundation pod and reuse the case is a great feature for those of us whose skin changes tone from season to season.

The price is a bit steep, but considering that you can keep the case and choose from a large range of shades, this foundation is probably a good value for winter when there's less risk of it sliding off.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2014 12:53:00 PM More reviews by scarletwoundsmile

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I actually love that the compact is sold separately. That way you could only buy the foundation if you wanted and every time you needed a refill on foundation, you wouldn't need a new compact. //I got the color "Siberia" and it's perfect. I was using mac nw10 but it was still a bit too dark. This blends nicely and I love that it's creamy, it's so nice on my dry skin. I don't use the sponge. I use my fingers. I also just love the quality of the compact.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2014 12:55:00 PM More reviews by alexisyque

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I'm a foundation junkie. After experiencing a severe breakout and dealing with the dry skin left by retin-a, I bought this hoping that it'd be able to both conceal and soothe my beat up skin.

This product is creamy to the touch, but doesn't settle into fine lines or crease. The coverage is great, but it never looks like a mask or feels heavy, (I had this issue with graftobian's cream foundation). This honestly looks like skin on, and when set with NARS loose crystal powder it stays put all day (that stuff really IS as good as everyone says).

The pricing is a stickler as usual with NARS products, but the tiny/portable packaging, product performance and simplicity make this a no brainer HG.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2014 1:19:00 PM More reviews by emilyasalways

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I had meant to only buy Nars Sheer Glow, but I picked up the Radiant Cream Compact as well, and I'm glad I did. I don't use foundation all over my face; this product is great for the areas around my nose because there are some dry patches there, and the Cream Compact is slick enough that it does not emphasize the dry patches. It is VERY "moisturising", so I will use the Sheer Glow on the areas around my forehead and chin where there are no dry patches because Cream Compact looks like an oil slick in those areas. However, for a very precise (ie, picky) person such as myself, this is a fabulous product to spot-treat/cover small dry patched areas. My goal with foundation is to appear that I am not wearing foundation at all, so this is a great tool in my kit for areas that need extra moisture.

Also, I find this is ideal for under the eyes! Yes, the "creamy" quality makes it better for undereye touch-ups than other products.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2014 9:41:00 PM More reviews by Rachel1234

I have combo skin with a very oily t-zone, and this foundation works really well for me. I use Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer underneath for oil control and sun protection. And I finish with a dusting of NARS Loose Powder (or NARS Powder Foundation) for even more oil control. The finish is beautiful and stays a nice satin-matte for several hours before I need to blot/retouch.

The main reason I even tried this foundation is because I really wanted to find a foundation that was a *perfect* match for my skin, but that is extremely hard to do because I have very pale (NC15), yet very yellow skin and most cosmetic companies think very pale people all have pink undertones...we don't!! I found a perfect match in the color Gobi.

Although this radiant foundation is recommended for normal to dry skin, I think if you have combo to oily skin, you can still wear this foundation, just make sure to use an oil control primer underneath, and top with a good oil control powder. My regimin is, starting with clean skin, apply Lancome Genefique serum first, then eye cream, then Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer, then NARS Radiant Foundation, then NARS Loose Powder (or NARS Powder Foundation) to set. No moisturizer between the Genefique serum and Primer for me, because the NARS Radiant Foundation is slightly moisturizing itself, and that is all my oily skin needs to look nice and soft all day.

Oh, and one more thing... I tried applying this with the included sponge, and with a foundation brush, but I find the best method of application to be with my fingers. I swirl two fingers in the compact and then apply to my face in sections. I find that my fingers can warm and emulsify the cream best, and can smooth it into my skin best for a really beautiful, natural and airbrushed finish. If I want more coverage in an area, I just swirl my finger and smooth or tap additional layers on. This foundation builds nicely without looking heavy or cakey. Does not oxidize. Medium coverage. Beautiful!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2014 10:50:00 AM More reviews by missjewell

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have always used MAC either studio fix or mineralize skinfinish but I grew unhappy and needed a change, I went on a search for a new HG and tried a few couldn't get the results I wanted. I don't live near a big counter depeartment store and when I went to Nordstroms I stopped at the NARS counter and ended up getting a a makeover with a professional artist and he suggested this and started applying it to one side only handed me the mirrior and I was instanly pleased with the appearance it was what I was looking for, flawless, not sinking into fine lines, not cakey and like my own skin but better. He applied the rest and I was hooked bought it on the spot. I'm in love with this and will buy it again and again.

Flawless, radiant, doesn't turn orange, doesn't cake or settle in fine lines perfect for my 41 year young skin. Mac NW15/Nars Monte Blanc for reference

rated 1 of 5 on 4/4/2014 12:11:00 PM More reviews by 5inheels

I really wanted to like this cream/powder foundation. I have waited over 3 months and tried to use it on at least 10 occasions to give it a fair chance before I reviewed it. I don't normally write reviews but felt compel to write one for this product. No matter how I prepared my face, or what method I used to apply this product, it just sat on top of my skin and when I tried to even it out, it just moved to another location on my face. Most horrible formulation I have used from all the foundations I have used and tried. Trust me, I am in my 40's and I have tried many products.

OK, I paid $38 for the foundation and $10 for the case. I really wanted to able to use it even when I don't like it. But after today's review, this goes to the trash can!

I love Nars products, but this one certainly missed the mark.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2014 1:21:00 PM More reviews by songy67

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

What a surprise this was. I had no expectations when I first purchased this and it has unexpectedly blown me away. I'm an NC15 in MAC and I have the shade Gobi (Light 3). I find that Gobi in NARS' Sheer Glow Foundation is a bit too pale and can give me a ghostly, mask-like face unless I'm generous with the bronzer. But in the Cream Compact formula it is the perfect match for me. It has a strong yellow undertone which works beautifully for my warm-toned, Asian complexion. Though I would suggest always pairing this base with a sweep of bright blush to avoid any sallowness/ slightly jaundiced look.

I have very oily, sensitive skin with large pores and most foundations on me don't wear very well throughout the day no matter what I do (primer, powder, setting spray). I prefer liquid foundations and have only tried one other cream foundation to date; Bobbi Brown Oil-Free Even Finish, which I hated because it emphasized my pores and every tiny flake of skin and fine line on my face. The texture of NARS Cream Compact is creamy, but thin, so it's very easy to pick up product from the pan. If anyone has tried Jemma Kidd Dewy Glow, this has almost the same consistency. It's very smooth, blends out to an almost powdery finish, and has a bit of slip to it (think silicones), which not everyone will appreciate. Personally, I like it because it makes the product very easy to blend into the skin and helps fill in pores.

I would say the coverage is medium-buildable. On good skin days I sheer it out quite a bit to get the most natural-looking face possible, and on less-good skin days I stipple with my brush more than I buff. The best thing about yellow-toned foundations is that they are so excellent at correcting and covering up redness, which is my main concern.

I apply this with an EcoTools Skin Perfecting brush (intended for use with BB creams) which is very similar to the Gossmakeupartist #1 foundation brush. I stipple and buff it in, taking a bit of extra time, and end up with an immaculate, semi-satiny, natural finish and pores that are nearly invisible. I do have to set this foundation with a setting powder or it will slip and slide around. But I don't mind the extra attention this needs upon application because it wears BEAUTIFULLY. Unlike countless other foundations I've tried, it doesn't "float" above my skin as the oils start to break through, and it doesn't become a patchy mess on my chin, and it doesn't oxidize, and it doesn't cake up and look like an obvious makeup mask on my face. I have gone 12 hours with this; through sweat and tears and a long day it still looked pretty dang good by the time I was ready to take it off.

The packaging is slightly annoying and yet appealing at the same time. It's annoying that the actual compact/ case is sold separately from the "refill" pod and will cost you an additional $10 along with the $38 price tag for the actual product. It's appealing though because you don't need the compact at all and the "refill" of product is so flat, tiny and convenient that you can stash it anywhere in a purse or makeup bag. **I have heard that this product will dry up if you don't get the compact for it, but I've owned this for over 2 months sans compact, and the consistency is still the same (very creamy). I just make sure to securely close the refill after each use.** In spite of its small size, you get 0.42oz or about 12 grams for your money. Not bad, because it will definitely last a very long time even with daily use. I know this phrase is over-used but, "a little goes a long way!"

The one negative thing I will say about this foundation is that it transfers. It transfers like hell. It's long-wearing only if you're not in the habit of scratching your nose or touching your face often. Don't expect to cuddle up to your man and not leave an imprint of your face on his white shirt. However, it doesn't come off at all when I blot my face to touch up, so, I don't know what's going on here. What I'm saying is, this works and wears well, but be careful.

Overall, I am over the moon about this foundation, have been wearing it consistently for the past two months, and have consistently loved it. I find it interesting that those with dry skin also seem to have glowing things to say about it. Could this truly be an effective "all-skin-types" base??

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2014 9:17:00 PM More reviews by antolin1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have the driest skin on the planet. This is probably public knowledge by now because 90% of all my reviews are on foundation problems due to it or pricey creams/serums/peels to fix it. That said, I have NEVER been a fan of cream foundations because they are dry and difficult to apply over dry skin, emphasize my dry patches, tend to be heavy and look really obvious. well, until this discovery at least! Enter Nars Radiant Cream Compact Foundation - my savior and new HG winter foundation. This foundation is freakin’ glorious.

Pros:
Ok so, this glides on like butter - I kid you not. It feels like I applied a good serum and not a foundation and I could not stop touching my face the first time I used it. Yup, it's that silky. Application is easy-peasy and completely streak free. I have used my fingers (not my preferred method bc I am a total germaphobe), buffed in with a blender brush, and also a stipple brush and all methods gave me a flawless appearance. This does not emphasize pores or dry skin - hallelujah! Coverage is a very good light to medium and very build-able (It does not cake at all). I love a good dewy finish and avoid the matte look like the plague; this foundation does manage to give a dewy glow without looking shiny at all, which is amazing. Although some reviewers have complained about staying power I haven't had any issues at all and its stayed put on me with or without a setting powder through 12 hr work days. I prefer this over Nars Sheer Glow which speaks volumes to its quality. Last but not least it is a PERFECT shade match for me which is often a struggle to find. I got Stromboli and know my skin and tone well enough to predict my Summer shade will definitely be Barcelona (FYI: I am NC 30).

Cons:
1) Price. At $38 this stuff ain't cheap. Nars never is BUT the problem here is a trifecta of issues... you just don't get much for your money size/amount wise (whereas you do with their other foundations which run abt $5 more than this one), it's so creamy a lot of this goes to waste if applying with a brush (or the sponge it comes with), and the chance of this drying out before its time is pretty high. I have to pain stakingly wrap a hairband around it every time I use it which can be a pain in the a@ss because I chose not to purchase the NARS compact casing. Which brings me to ... 2) The compact casing is sold separately for ten bux. Say what??? Yeah, you heard me. That's some trickery, bringing the price well over that of other Nars foundations in the end. Another issue here is that the case is way bulkier than it needs to be; it fits the actual makeup and sponge lengthwise plus has a mirror which adds to the weight. Huh? Why didn't they just make it in a way where you lift the cream and the sponge is stored under? Yeah, they didn't think this one out, it would be better sized and shaped more like their blushes are IMO. Also, the standard Nars rubberized style matte black packaging is a nightmare to keep clean as you open and shut it. I started out only using this for overnight trips away from home to insure it didn't dry out or accidentally open in my makeup bag because it's such a magnet for residue, but it was still so annoying on so many levels I ended up ditching it and just scooping out a little into a small sample container instead.

Even though there are some issues, I still recommend this product for anyone who struggles with dry skin and desires a nice dewy coverage that looks natural. It is a high quality foundation and my new HG.

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No