August 30, 2014 | 1698 users online

Crème - NARS - Radiant Cream Compact Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 8/29/2014 5:24:00 PM More reviews by ustico

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The shade Stromboli was an ideal match for me (I also use cream compacts of Clinique in Neutral or Bobbi Brown in Natural Tan). Admittedly, I had to experiment with application to get this just right. A sponge or brush applies too much product, so I bought a Beauty Blender sponge and this works very well and applies a light, natural-looking finish. It absolutely leaves you with a dewy, radiant look so I use Make Up For Ever Microfinish powder to set and cut down the dewiness. This seems moisturizing so I can skip that step and only use a light bit of Clinique SMART serum which I've found helpful for oil control and as a primer. It's not long lasting - after about 4 hours I have to freshen up with powder, if I was going out I would reapply. For the natural look and ideal shade match, I think it's worth the hassle.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2014 4:41:00 PM More reviews by js1624

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I too, did not love this foundation and went back to Urban Decay Naked. My face seemed to get bumps a week or two after using it - clogged pores etc. And it is too expensive to keep and not love it.Guess it will go back.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/8/2014 2:58:00 PM More reviews by kiraty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

If find this is just ok for me. The color Siberia is good for my NW10 skin tone. I don't use the sponge that comes with it, mostly because I don't like sponges as an applicator. I also didn't buy the compact because I don't bring foundation with me. This I like - if you get the compact you can either just buy the refills, or skip the compact all together if you don't need it.

It goes on with light/med coverage. It goes on really smoothly with a brush and is really easy to buff into my skin. What i don't like is that it seems to highlight any flakiness for me. It also doesn't layer well, but if I just start with a decent amount of product on the brush i don't really need to. I have pretty oily but dehydrated skin and have learned not to shy away from creamy/oily products - they help! This doesn't make me feel super greasy and it feels really light weight when I wear it, almost like wearing nothing. I just don't love it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2014 12:14:00 AM More reviews by Xxkonixx

i have combination skin so i never thought this would work for me........i was curious about this for a long time and kept checking it out in sephora but i try to tell myself it's not gona work cause it's so creamy..........finally i tried it and i'm impressed.....for some reason it stays better and longer than sheer glow and doesn't dry my face out like sheer glow does..........it's also quick to apply with two fingers......i know it's kinda unsanitary but my face is extremely sensitive that i find every foundation brush poky........because i only use it as how i use a liquid foundation so i didn't even bother spending money on the case........i only bought the refill and keeps it at home to use.......this baby is almost 50 cnd and only have 12 gms...but since i only take what i need unlike liquid foundation which tends to come out more than i need i'm hoping this will last a good period of time.............

Edit: After using it for more than a month, i don't really like it as much as the beginning because it doesn't give me that smooth finish liked the sheer glow foundation does. It's also quite hard to build more coverage because whenever u try to put another layer on top, the layer before is kinda rubbed off at the same time.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/11/2014 8:26:00 AM More reviews by MINX3030

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This foundation is the smoothest and most blendable I've ever tried. I bought this at the very start of a hot, humid New York City spring, which may not have been the best time to road test it. Slipping and melting was minimal after a few hours of wear, but I think this would be better in winter months, at least on my skin. I will say that NARS has done a great job of creating a spectrum of shades to accommodate most skin tones, and being able to switch out the foundation pod and reuse the case is a great feature for those of us whose skin changes tone from season to season.

The price is a bit steep, but considering that you can keep the case and choose from a large range of shades, this foundation is probably a good value for winter when there's less risk of it sliding off.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2014 12:53:00 PM More reviews by scarletwoundsmile

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I actually love that the compact is sold separately. That way you could only buy the foundation if you wanted and every time you needed a refill on foundation, you wouldn't need a new compact. //I got the color "Siberia" and it's perfect. I was using mac nw10 but it was still a bit too dark. This blends nicely and I love that it's creamy, it's so nice on my dry skin. I don't use the sponge. I use my fingers. I also just love the quality of the compact.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2014 12:55:00 PM More reviews by alexisyque

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I'm a foundation junkie. After experiencing a severe breakout and dealing with the dry skin left by retin-a, I bought this hoping that it'd be able to both conceal and soothe my beat up skin.

This product is creamy to the touch, but doesn't settle into fine lines or crease. The coverage is great, but it never looks like a mask or feels heavy, (I had this issue with graftobian's cream foundation). This honestly looks like skin on, and when set with NARS loose crystal powder it stays put all day (that stuff really IS as good as everyone says).

The pricing is a stickler as usual with NARS products, but the tiny/portable packaging, product performance and simplicity make this a no brainer HG.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2014 1:19:00 PM More reviews by emilyasalways

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I had meant to only buy Nars Sheer Glow, but I picked up the Radiant Cream Compact as well, and I'm glad I did. I don't use foundation all over my face; this product is great for the areas around my nose because there are some dry patches there, and the Cream Compact is slick enough that it does not emphasize the dry patches. It is VERY "moisturising", so I will use the Sheer Glow on the areas around my forehead and chin where there are no dry patches because Cream Compact looks like an oil slick in those areas. However, for a very precise (ie, picky) person such as myself, this is a fabulous product to spot-treat/cover small dry patched areas. My goal with foundation is to appear that I am not wearing foundation at all, so this is a great tool in my kit for areas that need extra moisture.

Also, I find this is ideal for under the eyes! Yes, the "creamy" quality makes it better for undereye touch-ups than other products.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2014 9:41:00 PM More reviews by Rachel1234

I have combo skin with a very oily t-zone, and this foundation works really well for me. I use Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer underneath for oil control and sun protection. And I finish with a dusting of NARS Loose Powder (or NARS Powder Foundation) for even more oil control. The finish is beautiful and stays a nice satin-matte for several hours before I need to blot/retouch.

The main reason I even tried this foundation is because I really wanted to find a foundation that was a *perfect* match for my skin, but that is extremely hard to do because I have very pale (NC15), yet very yellow skin and most cosmetic companies think very pale people all have pink undertones...we don't!! I found a perfect match in the color Gobi.

Although this radiant foundation is recommended for normal to dry skin, I think if you have combo to oily skin, you can still wear this foundation, just make sure to use an oil control primer underneath, and top with a good oil control powder. My regimin is, starting with clean skin, apply Lancome Genefique serum first, then eye cream, then Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer, then NARS Radiant Foundation, then NARS Loose Powder (or NARS Powder Foundation) to set. No moisturizer between the Genefique serum and Primer for me, because the NARS Radiant Foundation is slightly moisturizing itself, and that is all my oily skin needs to look nice and soft all day.

Oh, and one more thing... I tried applying this with the included sponge, and with a foundation brush, but I find the best method of application to be with my fingers. I swirl two fingers in the compact and then apply to my face in sections. I find that my fingers can warm and emulsify the cream best, and can smooth it into my skin best for a really beautiful, natural and airbrushed finish. If I want more coverage in an area, I just swirl my finger and smooth or tap additional layers on. This foundation builds nicely without looking heavy or cakey. Does not oxidize. Medium coverage. Beautiful!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2014 10:50:00 AM More reviews by missjewell

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have always used MAC either studio fix or mineralize skinfinish but I grew unhappy and needed a change, I went on a search for a new HG and tried a few couldn't get the results I wanted. I don't live near a big counter depeartment store and when I went to Nordstroms I stopped at the NARS counter and ended up getting a a makeover with a professional artist and he suggested this and started applying it to one side only handed me the mirrior and I was instanly pleased with the appearance it was what I was looking for, flawless, not sinking into fine lines, not cakey and like my own skin but better. He applied the rest and I was hooked bought it on the spot. I'm in love with this and will buy it again and again.

Flawless, radiant, doesn't turn orange, doesn't cake or settle in fine lines perfect for my 41 year young skin. Mac NW15/Nars Monte Blanc for reference