October 24, 2014 | 1345 users online

Crème - NARS - Radiant Cream Compact Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2014 10:14:00 AM More reviews by Teruma

Great cream foundation, very natural finish, your-skin-but-better like, great for daylight.

On the down side it has to be said you get very little product for a very expensive price.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/1/2014 7:17:00 AM More reviews by reggiemoon

My mom bought me this for christmas. I love cream foundations because theyre easy to apply on the go and tend to look very natural on my skin. I think both my mom and I though this would be really nice because its nars and we both love their lipsticks. So first off you have to buy the mirror compact separately. The mirror is nice and big and I guess thats better for the environment than buying all new packaging when you run out but that wad really weird to me. This product has a pleasant botanical scent and seemed non drying for the winter months. The color was a good match but it wasn't buildable at all and I couldn't get it to cover evenly. I tried differerent moisturizers under it and different application techniques but it looked like astreaky mess. I strongly prefer my Covergirl aqua smooth cream foundation. This product is crappy and way over priced for its poor performance.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2014 4:54:00 AM More reviews by deuxbisous

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have used Sheer Glow for years and years. I often try other products but am never swayed. I had an SA put this on me when I was trying some other things in store and it was the end of the day, and my face clearly needed some touching up. I was immediately impressed by the appearance - fresh and dewy (bear in mind I have older skin for which a creamy base is a bonus and not a problem). So I bought it. She sold me on the whole refillable case thing. Trying it at home, I came to the conclusion that I would never put this all over my face. It's too heavy and opaque, so I use it almost like a concealer and highlighter, applying down the middle of my face - centre of forehead and chin, inner eye area, around the nose. I then use Sheer Glow elsewhere. I don't actually like the case because I don't use the sponge, so it takes up a lot of unnecessary space. I use my fingers. People are probably going to use their own sponges or brushes if they want to, so I think NARS should repackage it into a smaller compact.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/12/2014 1:06:00 AM More reviews by MissSkye

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This product really didn't do a thing for me, I was lulled into a false sense of security by the lovely (but manipulative) MUA at Mecca, its a perfect colour match for me (Light 1 - Siberia) which is very rare for my skin so I think that may have led to the impulse purchase. I'm also a major sucker for the Nars packaging (even though the second it hits the makeup draw it looks filthy) but I have not liked this product. It is absolutely unbuildable, trying to cover blemishes is so hard because as soon as you touch it, it slips right off. I'm hoping to give it another crack when my skin clears up but I'm not getting my hopes up. As for the finish, its definitely dewy (not ideal when you have oily skin, but thats my fault not the products) and after an hour of wear I looked like I mess, the foundation had all but disappeared leaving my skin looking blotchy and oily, no amount of powder could rectify the situation and that was about the last time I bothered. Really disappointed with this purchase, maybe if the compact wasn't so big it could live in my handbag for touch ups (but since I've started using estee lauder double wear I don't think I would ever touch it anyway!) but it is massive! all in all a regretful purchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/8/2014 7:46:00 PM More reviews by Genesisramos5

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This did nothing for me. I am very disappointed. It had no coverage and left my face full of blemishes and oily. I wouldn't buy this again it is overpriced for the amount you get and quality.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/3/2014 5:03:00 PM More reviews by Doga

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a very nice product. I was looking for something lightweighting but pigmented, with dewy imperfection-blurring finish, suitable for combination skin. That´s it!

I picked a 4th shade in the line - Deauville, which is just a tad warmer than my skin in summer. In winter it would be too dark for me. I am around NC15 in MAC, MUFE HD 115 is my perfect winter match.

This foundation is really feather-light. It´s perfectly blendable, very easy to work with. Though extremely light, it is heavily pigmented, so the coverage is medium, buildable. It easilly covers my few fading acne scars, I finish with a concealer (Inglot creamy concealer in 64) and it´s just perfect.

What I love about it is the finish - this is the best ratio between the coverage/lightness/finish quality. You would not say you have any foundation on, can not feel it, can almost not see it - just skin perfector.

It lasts about 6 -9 hrs on my combination skin, depending whether I set with powder or not. However, I prefere the perfect finish of this product without the powder so I am able to accept that it is necessary to touch up after 6 hrs or so.

So, why do I not give 5 lippies? While it is emollient and overall great for a dry skin (I have dry patches of skin around my nose/eyes), it is absolutely unforgiving regarding any flakiness. This is my instant problem. No matter how much I exfoliate/moisturize, I always have some micro-flakes on my nose, they are not visible at all, even in the magnifying mirror in direct lifgt - then I apply the product and bum! they are here, accentuated!
It can also accentuate pores - not in the usual way as some foundations do, like making the tiny holes in the skin visible, but more in the sense that it goes, like, inside pores that look like tiny dots of foundation then - if this gives sense. NARS stick primer partly helps with this.

I apply with a sponge - various types and brands, I switch them often, even the sponge that is part of the package is quite nice.

Overall I am happy with this foundation and will rebuy.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/29/2014 5:24:00 PM More reviews by ustico

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The shade Stromboli was an ideal match for me (I also use cream compacts of Clinique in Neutral or Bobbi Brown in Natural Tan). Admittedly, I had to experiment with application to get this just right. A sponge or brush applies too much product, so I bought a Beauty Blender sponge and this works very well and applies a light, natural-looking finish. It absolutely leaves you with a dewy, radiant look so I use Make Up For Ever Microfinish powder to set and cut down the dewiness. This seems moisturizing so I can skip that step and only use a light bit of Clinique SMART serum which I've found helpful for oil control and as a primer. It's not long lasting - after about 4 hours I have to freshen up with powder, if I was going out I would reapply. For the natural look and ideal shade match, I think it's worth the hassle.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2014 4:41:00 PM More reviews by js1624

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I too, did not love this foundation and went back to Urban Decay Naked. My face seemed to get bumps a week or two after using it - clogged pores etc. And it is too expensive to keep and not love it.Guess it will go back.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/8/2014 2:58:00 PM More reviews by kiraty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

If find this is just ok for me. The color Siberia is good for my NW10 skin tone. I don't use the sponge that comes with it, mostly because I don't like sponges as an applicator. I also didn't buy the compact because I don't bring foundation with me. This I like - if you get the compact you can either just buy the refills, or skip the compact all together if you don't need it.

It goes on with light/med coverage. It goes on really smoothly with a brush and is really easy to buff into my skin. What i don't like is that it seems to highlight any flakiness for me. It also doesn't layer well, but if I just start with a decent amount of product on the brush i don't really need to. I have pretty oily but dehydrated skin and have learned not to shy away from creamy/oily products - they help! This doesn't make me feel super greasy and it feels really light weight when I wear it, almost like wearing nothing. I just don't love it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2014 12:14:00 AM More reviews by Xxkonixx

i have combination skin so i never thought this would work for me........i was curious about this for a long time and kept checking it out in sephora but i try to tell myself it's not gona work cause it's so creamy..........finally i tried it and i'm impressed.....for some reason it stays better and longer than sheer glow and doesn't dry my face out like sheer glow does..........it's also quick to apply with two fingers......i know it's kinda unsanitary but my face is extremely sensitive that i find every foundation brush poky........because i only use it as how i use a liquid foundation so i didn't even bother spending money on the case........i only bought the refill and keeps it at home to use.......this baby is almost 50 cnd and only have 12 gms...but since i only take what i need unlike liquid foundation which tends to come out more than i need i'm hoping this will last a good period of time.............

Edit: After using it for more than a month, i don't really like it as much as the beginning because it doesn't give me that smooth finish liked the sheer glow foundation does. It's also quite hard to build more coverage because whenever u try to put another layer on top, the layer before is kinda rubbed off at the same time.