November 24, 2014 | 1314 users online

Eye Shadow - Laura Mercier - satin matte eye colour in Dark Spirit

rated 5.0(1 review)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2013 1:07:00 AM More reviews by msdi2u

I am a sucker for any black eye pencils, kohls, cake liners and gel liners with beautiful pigmentation... and this satin matte eyeshadow in Dark Spirit reeled me in big time! When I saw the new Laura Mercier collection called Dark Spell, I was really interested in the black kohl liner extreme. When I swatched the kohl liner at the counter, it was a big disappointment. The color seemed hard to transfer onto the back of my hand, and I felt that if I had problems getting the color to take on my hand... imagine how difficult and time-consuming it would be to get the color on my inner eye rims? Also, it swatched more like a deep charcoal instead of the deep, rich, black color I had anticipated. Then I spotted Dark Spirit on the counter, and it was love at first swipe! Dark Spirit is a generous-sized, round, baked eyeshadow that appears dark black with tiny, microscopic sparkles. (NOT GLITTER.) The color transferred beautifully onto my skin without being chalky, dry, or too soft of a black. It also blended out very nicely without disappearing. I purchased it and have used it both wet & dry as an eyeliner, and it is perfect for the task! When used dry, it creates a smoky liner look... or, it can be patted over black pencil to keep the line in place longer. I also tried using this with a slanted eyeliner brush and some Paula Dorf Transformer, and it worked beautifully as a wet liner! The color was a nice, dark, inky black... and it stayed in place all day on my upper lids- and in very hot & humid weather. I did not have to keep going over the line, it performed like magic the first time I drew the line on my upper lash line. It worked just as beautifully as a liquid liner! I am VERY impressed with this eyeshadow, and find it far better than my Bobbi Brown black kohl cake liner that I purchased about a year ago. Dark Spirit is much better pigmented both wet and dry and has no noticeable fallout. If you like black cake liner or smoky eye looks, grab this eyeshadow before it is discontinued! I am pretty sure it is LE.